Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Side Effetcs (dir. Steven Soderbergh)

This is the thread to discuss the film with Jude Law, Rooney Mara, CZJ, and Channing "Darrrrh!" Tatum, for those who have seen it. Spoilers will be posted inside, so don't go in unless you want the plot spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013

Lesbo murder plot. Mostly dull.

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

Homophobic !!!!

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

spoil away, no one's paying to see this

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

i loved it. it's like a cool kids version of a '90s lesbian thriller like basic instinct or whispers in the dark or final analysis.

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

R4 Bound rip off.

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2013

Actually, it did well at the box office this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2013

Saw it yesterday, wasn't bad but opened very slowly...I fell asleep at one point.

I would have liked it better if there were more fleshed-out characters and if there were more Channing Tatum nudity.

by Anonymousreply 702/11/2013

I saw it yesterday. My boyfriend and I were the only two people in the theatre. He nodded off a bit. I thought it was...ehhh...OK

by Anonymousreply 802/11/2013

I slept the whole time on the way to the theater, then I snorred through the showing. then i was wide awake after arriving home.

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2013

How was Rooney?

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2013

Rooney was typecast. She basically is a moody brat from Greenwich, Connecticut. I think her family bought her Hollywood career.

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2013

Loved Rooney. The movie is a near miss. There is too much all of a sudden in terms of plot twist on many fronts in the last "act" such that there's a lack of highlighting of what's really key to the story; and some ridiculous things that make no sense at all.

Which is really too bad because the plot generally is very strong and the muddle of the end could have easily been adjusted to be much more impactful, surprising, logical and satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2013

What R12 said. Disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 1302/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!