Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hell on Wheels

Has anybody watched this show? I'd never heard of it until yesterday when an acquaintance suggested I would like it due to my interest in history and westerns. It sounds intriguing. I don't watch much TV (I'm more of a cinephile), but I'm thinking of checking it out. Also, anything gay in it?

by Anonymousreply 6201/23/2015

Saw the first season, and rather liked it. I'm originally from the Midwest, so seeing such a raw, debauched, lawless version of Nebraska was pretty funny. If half of this is true, American territories in the mid-19th century were absolutely terrifying.

And JESUS, did they drink.

by Anonymousreply 102/10/2013

I love Lilly.

by Anonymousreply 202/10/2013

I'd check it out OP. I find the characters very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2013

The theme song by Cher is a-MAY-zing!

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

Season 1 was fantastic. I highly recommend it. It's slow, but has great characters. Season 2 lost its way at the beginning, but by Ep 3 or 4 gets back on track and shocked me a few times. I think it's the most underrated show on TV.

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2013

Excellent show that flies under the radar- kind of like Justified does. A very gritty realistic depiction of the building of the transcontinental railroad right after the Civil War. There's nothing gay about it, but the lead is hunky. I definitely would recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2013

Is it anything like Deadwood? I loved that show.

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2013

Actually, it's very similar to Deadwood in tone.

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2013

Lead is a one note actor whoever he is. Sexy but not at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2013

Thanks again for the recommendations; I'm midway through the first season and loving it. A shame that it doesn't get more praise, it's solidly written and acted, and the direction often has an almost cinematic quality to it.

Also, as I student of history, I'm very impressed with its portrayal of the time period. Unlike, say, "Downton Abbey," which is filled with anachronisms, "Hell on Wheels" makes me feel like I'm really there, with all the snobbish Christian piety and prejudices.

And I think I'm in love with Anson Mount.

by Anonymousreply 1103/07/2013

R11 Has Anson Mount gotten that much older looking or is it hair & makeup?

by Anonymousreply 1203/07/2013

r12, I have no idea, but he's one of those guys who definitely looks better with a beard. And the salt and pepper hair is sexy.

Oh, and one thing: it woulda been cool if the Irish duo had been secret lovers instead of brothers -- since they don't look anything like each other.

by Anonymousreply 1303/07/2013

One more thing: one episode featured possibly my favorite piece of dialogue I've heard years, said by Joseph, the "civilized" Native American:

"I don't know if I have enough hate to be a good Christian."

by Anonymousreply 1403/07/2013

I'm gonna give it a shot. Pretty bored atm.

by Anonymousreply 1503/07/2013

Netflix now has season 2 for streaming.

by Anonymousreply 1607/27/2013

I am so late to this party the coat check girl already had her baby.

This show is amazing...not slow per se, just thoughtful. Great characters.

To the poster that said the lead was one note, that note is pretty damn broad. The amount of close-ups and what he conveys is a film acting lesson. He is quite amazing...never make it in theatah but made for the screen.

Great great show..

I keep in looking for new series to wartch because I love marathons...thought I'd done it...mad this pops up ....just about to start season 2

On the other hand I found Luther which many people liked just unbearable after 3 episodes

by Anonymousreply 1708/18/2013

‘Hell On Wheels’ Season 4: AMC Renews for Expanded Run in 2014

by Anonymousreply 1811/14/2013

I just found out one of my favorite Irish character actors is in it, Damian O'Hare; he plays the character "Declan."

Those who watch the show, is he any good in the role?

by Anonymousreply 1911/14/2013

Is Ansonius Maximus really Anson Mount on Facebook? Or a person pretending to be him.

by Anonymousreply 2104/14/2014

Realistic? Oh come on, it's TV.

by Anonymousreply 2204/14/2014

Yes, Ansonius Maximus is AM, 21.

by Anonymousreply 2304/15/2014

Looking forward to Season 4! How many seasons, do you think? Hmm???

by Anonymousreply 2404/17/2014

A. Mount is a grade A a$$hole. Be careful.

by Anonymousreply 2504/17/2014

Best be careful. If you post anything that he doesn't like, he'll pull the thread. He did it here; he did it over at imdb. Ex friends of both he and his gf have been very vocal about how they really are..their ego, their need for attention, his fetish, her search for a sponsor to stay in the US.

by Anonymousreply 2604/26/2014

The bigger the ego, the harder the fall. They could have a marriage of convenience. She would have residency, he could keep his fetishes and add "Walking Green Card" to his professional bio.

Ley them pull the threads. The truth c always comes out in the end. ;)

by Anonymousreply 2704/26/2014

I'd like to mount Anson.

by Anonymousreply 2804/26/2014

R28. I wouldn't. You'd probably catch something.

by Anonymousreply 2905/05/2014

[29] He gets around? Ugh. Maybe he's a decent person. We all have demons. I don't know; I'm not into acting.

by Anonymousreply 3005/07/2014

Is Common back for season 4, or did the bear really kill him?

by Anonymousreply 3105/07/2014

Common was at the HOW kick off dinner, so I think he's around this season.

by Anonymousreply 3205/07/2014

Common and Anson Mount's chemistry is what keeps me returning as a viewer of the show. I love seeing those two in scenes together. You can tell that both are pretty good friends off camera. Honesty, the first season and half of season two was the best, but the show became real shitty around the end of season two, and season three doesn't even deserve to be mentioned.

It's a shame because the show had so much potential to join the ranks with Mad Men and Breaking Bad as another AMC classic.

by Anonymousreply 3305/12/2014

R33, I agree. The only good thing about season 3 was the appearance of Grant. The actor who played him was very watchable and excellent in the role. Hopefully, the writers will take us on a more even ride. My problem with past seasons has been the uneven episodes. Some great, some mediocre. This might be the last hurrah for HOW.

by Anonymousreply 3405/12/2014

His new french ie is his way of expanding his fan base. Cute dog.

by Anonymousreply 3505/19/2014

His new Frenchie is a way to hide. No one peeping into his bidness. No one looking at his lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 3605/21/2014

Wowza! A lot of strange people and postings! Very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 3806/03/2014

Anson is a good guy - except in the bb (I'm not talking board room). He treats others well ( only to their face). Everyone wants to know him (until they spend 20 minutes with him).

by Anonymousreply 3906/05/2014

R38. This is a site for pointless bitchery, so I think we're all staying on task. :) He's fine as Bohannon. His other parts are small and really don't stand out.

That double entendre wasn't intended..... :)

by Anonymousreply 4006/06/2014

This could be the last season of Hell On Wheels. Last season was uneven, and added too many characters that didn't hold interest. It was a yawnfest. Not sure the audience will stick with it. "Outlander" on Starz, will give it some stiff competition.

by Anonymousreply 4106/15/2014

Ok. I'm waiting for this salacious info that was privately posted on imdb. Not registered there. Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 4207/26/2014

I think it was posted for drama's sake. Hope you get an answer. I don't know what it is.

by Anonymousreply 4307/30/2014

Here we go - the empty threats. I do agree this is the sie for creative gossip. :)

by Anonymousreply 4508/30/2014

It started with someone called HelloKitty444. Then, changed name to TheCompleteTruth. Now she is wiped /blocked, her new identities are Silky-Johnson and TheSalientSwede. Guess we'll see what stories she'll come up with next.

by Anonymousreply 4608/31/2014

R46 How did you figure that out? I checked out that person's accusations and they were spot on (my profession allows me access). Sorry to see her/him go. They had the real tea. If you don't know they were lying, for sure, I'd shut my mouth. Makes you look like a shit-heel, or prove they were wrong. Since you know so much that shouldn't be hard to do, right? I'm so tired of people who know nothing coming on here like they are gods. I just want the juice, not the assholes who run off the people that share it.

by Anonymousreply 4708/31/2014

Google search, found under IBDb "Game of Thrones", page 72.

Check it out. ????

by Anonymousreply 4908/31/2014

Check out all the other threads under "Game of Thrones". Hundreds of pages of all diff subjects.

It looks like a place where wiped threads are dumped. And the admins are silkyjohnson, etc. This is just a guess. What do you all think?

I Posted [R49], it's about Anson Mount.

Very weird.

by Anonymousreply 5008/31/2014

I think you're right, r50. I remember reading those under the old imdb AM thread. I don't believe the "crap" rumors. No evidence, just hot air. Judging by the malicious intent, it sounds like it was generated by a woman scorned. Or, a disturbed person who thinks she had an online "relationship" with him.

No, I'm not a big fan of AM. He's an ok actor. I just need proof of misdeeds. Pictures, etc. Anyone can come online creating baseless rumors.

by Anonymousreply 5108/31/2014

Someone accused Anson of enjoying rather dirty sex with young Asian girls. Rumors.

by Anonymousreply 5311/13/2014

R48 has no idea how trolldar works, apparently..

by Anonymousreply 5411/14/2014

(R53) How would someone know this? You're right, probably just rumors! Thanks for the reply.

by Anonymousreply 5511/14/2014

The Young Asian girls? True. The dirty sex? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 5612/06/2014

He seems like a very cruel and manipulative man.

by Anonymousreply 5701/16/2015

Do an advanced search on Twitter. U can go all the way back to the beginning of his tweets.

by Anonymousreply 5801/16/2015

Total revenge pic for shaming that little boy

by Anonymousreply 5901/16/2015

May God (and Anson Mount) forgive me for seeking revenge.

Please take that poor child's photo down.

by Anonymousreply 6001/18/2015

I enjoy watching HOW. Read his tweets once and a while, sometimes he seems pleasant and friendly, other times very strange. What happened to all the info someone was suppose to post about him?

by Anonymousreply 6101/23/2015

They couldn't remember the story they made up.

by Anonymousreply 6201/23/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!