Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lumosity scam

They act like you'll get a free trial. You waste your time thinking it might be something you'd like to try. Fill out your personal info. Then no opportunity to even trial the games. Wtf? I anyone here actually tried it?

by Annoyedreply 602/10/2013

what are you talking about?

by Annoyedreply 102/10/2013

by Annoyedreply 202/10/2013

The iPhone app is pretty functional without paying anything. I think you get locked out after so many games/days/something but I got bored with it and couldn't feel myself getting any smarter before using it long enough to find out, so I can't say. YMMV.

by Annoyedreply 302/10/2013

You can tell that it is a SCAM just by looking at the website.

Stay away. This is not a safe site to be on.

by Annoyedreply 402/10/2013

I heard about it from a coworker. I was wondering whether someone had a critique about it.

by Annoyedreply 502/10/2013

I've read that there's still no real hard data indicating that it really helps at all. Sort of like all the iPad apps and videos that are geared towards toddlers for brain development... mostly just bullshit that realistically they'd be better off without.

Might be better to think about what areas of your mental functioning you'd like to improve (memory, executive functioning, overall IQ, math?) and look into specific activities you can do to address said areas. May not be as fun as luminosity-type "brain games" but probably much more effective and rewarding. Cheaper, too.

by Annoyedreply 602/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!