Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What's the priciest/most precious thing you own?

The thing you'd grab first fleeing from a house fire.

by Smokeyreply 1802/10/2013

my pearls of course!

by Smokeyreply 102/09/2013

Myyyyyyyy preeeeeecious! Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

by Smokeyreply 202/10/2013

My collection of Madame Alexander dolls--I have over 50 of them and think of them as my daughters. They are all irreplaceable to me and I couldn't choose to save just one if my house was afire. I'd sooner die with them.

Don't make me choose!

by Smokeyreply 302/10/2013

My dog. I don't give a flying fuck about things.

by Smokeyreply 402/10/2013

My burning house

by Smokeyreply 502/10/2013

My father made fine custom furniture. For my college graduation he made me a hand carved grandfather clock. He worked on that clock for two years. I don't care if the whole house burned to the ground, I would save that. He died last year. I loved him very much.

by Smokeyreply 602/10/2013

My puppies!

by Smokeyreply 702/10/2013

My large collection of faberge eggs.

by Smokeyreply 802/10/2013

My jewelry. I have a collection of 22kt gold jewelry- chains, rings, bracelets which I know has value purely for the weight of the gold and will capture a higher price simply for its higher gold content than what most Americans buy. If I have extra money I buy another piece, 20 grams or so, to me it's like money in the bank as well as something beautiful. People compliment me on its rich gold color, Asian people in the know acknowledge my gold preference because that's how they buy it too. I'd try to take that if I could.

by Smokeyreply 902/10/2013

Photo albums and my laptop( the new photo album of the 21st Century are the most precious.

Priciest is either an abstract painting h by Jack Bush or a George Nelsen Bubble Lamp from the 1950's.

by Smokeyreply 1002/10/2013

As far as "precious" it would be between an antique Patek Philippe pocket watch I inherited from my grandfather or a 1924 Dirk Van Erp table lamp (also inherited from my grandfather). I haven't had either one appraised in several years so I'm not really sure which one is worth more. I'm sure they're both worth over $25 thousand at this point.

by Smokeyreply 1102/10/2013

My ring I inherited that belonged to Rudolph Hess

by Smokeyreply 1202/10/2013

Marry me, R2!

by Smokeyreply 1302/10/2013

Priciest would be my jewelry.

I'm in a relationship with a woman who travels around the world buying precious stones (saphires, diamonds, emeralds etc.) for her family's business. She buys me jewelry from almost every country she travels to. She has also started designing and making her own jewelry and I have several amazing pieces that she's made for me.

My mom died almost a year ago and I inherited her jewelry. It's one of those collections typical of a rich women in the 50's-60's. Really over the top stuff no one would wear today, but it does have it's beauty. Also have jewelry she inherited thru her family.

Most precious would be a fairly large collection of Chinese porcelain cats that have been in my family for over 200 years. I fell in love with them when I was a kid.

by Smokeyreply 1402/10/2013

Assuming my German shepherd was able to get out on her own, I'd grab my books autographed by Julia child and Margaret Thatcher

by Smokeyreply 1502/10/2013

My father's '88 Mercedes 560 SL convertible.

by Smokeyreply 1602/10/2013

r9, you have fine gold, true, but its brightness still looks cheap and brassy to the American eye.

by Smokeyreply 1702/10/2013

You're right, R17. It's not to our tastes here in America, but I wear one piece at a time usually and I've gotten compliments on it. But I've also had people ask if it was brass or copper, and after finding out it is gold they look puzzled. The US is a 14kt or 18kt place, I guess. I like that my gold is unusual.

by Smokeyreply 1802/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!