Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

SNL-2/9/13

Justin Bieber is both hosting and serving as the musical guest.

I'd be willing to bet he'll be in The Californians whether you want him to or not.

by Anonymousreply 13502/10/2013

[quote] I'd be willing to bet he'll be in The Californians whether you want him to or not.

I like the Californians. A customer came into my work this week and he mentioned he used to live in California. I told him I was from California too. He started talking about how he couldn't stand the traffic anymore so he moved. Then he went on to tell me about some horrid traffic thing he went through that lasted all day. He told me his entire route and each road he took. It took a lot to keep me from bursting out laughing

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

I hope to see his feets.

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

Justin is a total hottie!

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

Bump for Bieber. That is one hot lil' lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013

I'm glad you reminded us OP. I won't miss this. Hopefully he has a shirtless skit.

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

For those who need a Bieber fix:

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2013

"I hope to see his feets."

Co-signed.

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2013

A real nude shot of the just-spurted Justin Bieber

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

Baby baby baby bay-beee!

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013

You're not kidding, r1 - he is quite the motivational twitterer isn't he ?

by Anonymousreply 1302/09/2013

[quote]And as soon as he signs off, Justin must miss the after-party to fly to LA so he can perform on the Grammys tomorrow night.

Actually, I heard he's skipping the Grammys this year because he wasn't nominated.

by Anonymousreply 1402/09/2013

OMG! Justin walked out and presented his hole! Then he did the monologue.

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2013

So far a big fat thud. When did SNL stop hiring COMEDY writers? 1978?

by Anonymousreply 1602/09/2013

Whoopi Goldberg?

by Anonymousreply 1702/09/2013

Why is he always grabbing his crotch?

I thought only rappers did that.

by Anonymousreply 1802/09/2013

OP and R4 you must be psychic!

by Anonymousreply 1902/09/2013

Wow R11, that is one of the worst photoshop jobs I have ever seen. That being said, poor Justin's got tinymeat!

by Anonymousreply 2002/09/2013

Christoph Waltz is going to host? He always seems so humorless in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 2102/09/2013

The screaming fangirls are really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 2202/09/2013

I'm on the west coast, please tell me he doesn't sing that song "As Long As You Love Me" with the horrible lyric "i'll be your platinum, i'll be your silver, i'll be your gold."

by Anonymousreply 2302/09/2013

Boy, this is awful … going to bed.

by Anonymousreply 2402/09/2013

R23, sorry, but he just sang that.

by Anonymousreply 2602/10/2013

Singing to a track.

by Anonymousreply 2702/10/2013

The acoustic "As Long As You Love Me" was one huge pretentious piece of shit -- laughable, in fact. Just awful.

And who the fuck is dressing him? God.

by Anonymousreply 2802/10/2013

I can't believe he sang LIVE!

by Anonymousreply 2902/10/2013

[quote]"i'll be your platinum, i'll be your silver, i'll be your gold."

"I'll be your Dust Bunny when we get old"

I love that song! It's so romantic!!

How's he doing? I can't bring myself to watch. He did look like a beautiful 40s starlet with his pompadour hairdoo in the promos.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013

According to Scooter's tweets, he's doing awesome:

at #BieberOnSNL rehearsals and we are crackin up right now. Excited for tonight. the kid is lookin funny.

1 minute to air!!! get it kid!! #BIEBERonSNL

hahahaha. u gotta be able to laugh at yourself! well done @justinbieber ! keep watching #bieberOnSNL

HE IS KILLIN IT!!! #BIEBERonSNL

by Anonymousreply 3102/10/2013

I find him to be a rather adorable twink

by Anonymousreply 3202/10/2013

[quote]The acoustic "As Long As You Love Me" was one huge pretentious piece of shit -- laughable, in fact. Just awful.

From all accounts, Justin Bieber is a genuinely nice kid and I don't begrudge him his success for that reason; however, it should be painfully obvious to anyone that HE CANNOT SING. And I realize all generations have their icons, but most of the ones from back in the day (Elvis, Michael, Bobby Darrin, etc.) actually had talent; even if you didn't particularly care for their music, I think most would agree they could at least sing. But Justin Bieber is just bad, to the point that it's almost sad to watch him try to lift a tune off the floor and carry it for even one two-minute song on SNL, let alone an entire concert.

He truly is a product of the anyone-can-be-a-star YouTube generation.

by Anonymousreply 3302/10/2013

One thing I will say in his favor is that he's a far cry better than Adam Levine was and doesn't seem to be as reliant on the cue cards as Adam was (or at least knows how to conceal it better).

by Anonymousreply 3402/10/2013

There was a Grease spoof that was particularly painful. Unfunny and Bieber's voice was ragged and off key.

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2013

When he got to the 'la-la-la-la's" in "As Long As You Love Me," I thought this is like one of those joke songs they put in rom-coms sung by a douchebag who thinks he's a musician.

by Anonymousreply 3602/10/2013

this is the funniest thing Justin has ever done

by Anonymousreply 3702/10/2013

he has a problem with glass

by Anonymousreply 3802/10/2013

Bieb's as Miley Cyrus' greatest fan is painful.

Is he really 18? He sounds like he's 14 or 15.

by Anonymousreply 3902/10/2013

And WHY is this kid famous and rich? He's utterly talent free. His arrogance and smugness really brings me over the edge.

There must be literally thousands of other young men and woman out there with more talent than this smug little douchebag, people who have excellent voices and probably write some great songs, who want success as musicians and singers.

How do so many talent-free free people become famous these days?!! I am not kidding, I am asking a valid question.

by Anonymousreply 4002/10/2013

The teen girls are horrible tonight, my gawd!

by Anonymousreply 4102/10/2013

I appreciate SNL and Bieber's acknowledgement of his resemblance to a lesbian...funny

by Anonymousreply 4202/10/2013

[quote]From all accounts, Justin Bieber is a genuinely nice kid and I don't begrudge him his success for that reason; however, it should be painfully obvious to anyone that HE CANNOT SING. And I realize all generations have their icons, but most of the ones from back in the day (Elvis, Michael, Bobby Darrin, etc.) actually had talent; even if you didn't particularly care for their music, I think most would agree they could at least sing. But Justin Bieber is just bad, to the point that it's almost sad to watch him try to lift a tune off the floor and carry it for even one two-minute song on SNL, let alone an entire concert.

He wouldn't have been famous without YouTube and Auto-tune.

by Anonymousreply 4302/10/2013

This "glice" skit is the funniest thing since cancer!

by Anonymousreply 4402/10/2013

Dear God, does anyone tweet back to this Scooter person to stop embarassing himself?

by Anonymousreply 4502/10/2013

I don't understand. He's not even attractive. You could find better looking boys in any high school.

by Anonymousreply 4602/10/2013

This is awful, a disaster. And why doesn't he sound Canadian?

by Anonymousreply 4702/10/2013

At least he sings live.

by Anonymousreply 4802/10/2013

[quote]From all accounts, Justin Bieber is a genuinely nice kid

ALL accounts? I'm pretty sure I've read several accounts of him throwing temper tantrums and acting like a spoiled brat.

That said, he's doing surprisingly well tonight.

by Anonymousreply 4902/10/2013

I know, what is with the Canadian accent? Honestly!

by Anonymousreply 5002/10/2013

Anyone else notice how giddy he got when he was being touched by the brother in the glice skit.

by Anonymousreply 5102/10/2013

"And why doesn't he sound Canadian?"

He's been doing that fake 'wigger' voice since he arrived in California. I assume this little freak lives here.

by Anonymousreply 5202/10/2013

[quote]How do so many talent-free people become famous these days?!! I am not kidding, I am asking a valid question.

As Paul Newman once said, I think many of them just get lucky (Sandler, Kutcher) while others have connections in the business who open doors for them (Stiller). But the question is one we've all been asking for decades, R40.

by Anonymousreply 5402/10/2013

Was his voice cracking at the start of the second song?

by Anonymousreply 5502/10/2013

"Anyone else notice how giddy he got when he was being touched by the brother in the glice skit."

I didn't read anything into that, other than the fact the kid is not a trained actor.

by Anonymousreply 5602/10/2013

Isn't Bieber almost 21 already? Still, not an ounce of sexiness about him, unless you're a teen lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 5702/10/2013

R49, allow me to clarify that I've never heard of him being anything other than very nice and appreciative of his fans.

by Anonymousreply 5802/10/2013

I wouldn't say he isn't talented. He plays the piano, drums, and guitar, and he's a decent dancer. He has 33 million Twitter followers and sells out stadiums so he's doing something right.

You have to admire a kid who is 9 who sits on public steps playing a guitar and singing and also feel bad that they were probably so poor he was doing it to help his mom.

by Anonymousreply 5902/10/2013

Bieber's got an AWFUL reputation as a little bitch. Watch the hugs at the end, I bet they won't look genuine.

by Anonymousreply 6002/10/2013

"Hanging Mic; Minor Key"

by Anonymousreply 6102/10/2013

I liked his black skirt during the hugs.

by Anonymousreply 6202/10/2013

It wasn't very good

by Anonymousreply 6302/10/2013

He's quite a fem boy and don't understand the current attempt by his handlers to make him seem more masculine and hetero.

by Anonymousreply 6402/10/2013

Is the bar in r11 that one in Andy Cohen's show?

by Anonymousreply 6502/10/2013

R62 what skirt?

by Anonymousreply 6602/10/2013

R59, that's sad his parents made him busk.

by Anonymousreply 6702/10/2013

Horrendous singing voice.

by Anonymousreply 6802/10/2013

He bought pizzas for his fans waiting outside 30 Rock in the snow. So that's nice. But I gather he's hideous to work colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 6902/10/2013

He repulses me and I did not watch SNL. What is the concensus? Horrible? Funny? Adequate? That show should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 7002/10/2013

R69, if you think anyone other than a team of publicists had anything to do with dreaming up and carrying out that pizza party, you are seriously deluded. He may not even know it happened.

by Anonymousreply 7102/10/2013

He repulses me too, R70, yet I watched the show like some watch car wrecks.

by Anonymousreply 7202/10/2013

Is SNL the only original first run material on Saturday night? If not please explain how this show has survived. When and why did he add all this braying to his singing? Has he lost his voice? You can't blame the Biebs for this disaster. Week material all around. Does he dye his hair, those black eyebrows look so odd. He is losing his cuteness. What a wasted week for him and the entire cast.

by Anonymousreply 7302/10/2013

r59 = Justin Beaver's dad

by Anonymousreply 7402/10/2013

Can't imagine anyone sustaining a singling career with that voice. His new hair do is EXACTLY like the do sported by Miley Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 7502/10/2013

Sudeikis got in some good digs at Biebs in the "body double" sketch - about how Bieber talks black and isn't, can't really sing or dance.

Someone who doesn't like Bieber wrote that sketch.

by Anonymousreply 7602/10/2013

"As Paul Newman once said, I think many of them just get lucky (Sandler, Kutcher) while others have connections in the business who open doors for them (Stiller). But the question is one we've all been asking for decades, [R40]."

Yes, I am aware of all that. Sure, the children of the famous get a lot of help, but nepotism only goes so far, there's a point when these people must show they have some ability. Actually Ben Stiller's old TV show was pretty good and he's not bad actor, but I understand he's a real bastard behind the scenes.

I digress, my point is, with so many talented people who want to break into the music scene are probably singing at some local dive bars or in a wedding band, how do so many bad 'singers' today get famous?

Beeber doesn't come from a showbiz background, he became famous from You Tube? If that's truly all it takes, why aren't talented people singing on YouTube to get exposure?

There is nothing appealing about this jerk. His smarminess appeals to young female fans?

by Anonymousreply 7702/10/2013

One of the worst SNLs in a long time. Bieber was January Jones bad. He stumbled over words, smirked and broke character in at least one sketch.

He definitely was outclassed by Adam Levine's effort earlier this season, as well as Bruno Mars from last season.

by Anonymousreply 7802/10/2013

What's wrong with a young guy being successful due to his sex appeal. 99% of female singers/actresses are successful based on their sex appeal/looks. He's also created a story people can relate to cheer for him.

by Anonymousreply 7902/10/2013

I hope he matures more though and begins to be himself. Right now it seems he's still trying to find that. I think all the hater comments about him looking fem/gay/lesbian are making him overcompensate in a way that just seems a bit fake. Hopefully he'll find his stride in the next couple years and become more comfortable being himself.

by Anonymousreply 8002/10/2013

"What's wrong with a young guy being successful due to his sex appeal. 99% of female singers/actresses are successful based on their sex appeal/looks. He's also created a story people can relate to cheer for him."

You call what Beaver has "sex appeal"?

Well R79, years ago, when fans actually cared about TALENT, a performer didn't need much of a background story to make them more compelling to the public. Their talent was enough.

Fans didn't need to see a performer's gimmicks, a lot of performers, and that includes actors and actresses, actually had talent and good looks. The looks didn't supersede their talent. Today it's mostly style over substance.

How old are you, 16?

What heck do you mean "created a story", are you saying his background info about being dirt poor is as fake as his 'wigger' stance?!

by Anonymousreply 8102/10/2013

He refused to meet Gordon Lighffoot at the Grey cup. Gordon Lightfoot is a Canadian legend. He is a spoiled brat & will be lucky to get a job at Denny's in ten years

by Anonymousreply 8202/10/2013

You type like you have a lot of cats, R80.

by Anonymousreply 8302/10/2013

Justine Beaver will be a mere footnote in ten years, that is, if his popularity even keeps up that long!

Bruno Mars actually did a much better job of acting, he was hilarious in most of the sketches he appeared in. IIRC, Bruno even played a woman in one sketch.

by Anonymousreply 8402/10/2013

I'd suck his cock.

by Anonymousreply 8502/10/2013

IFHH

by Anonymousreply 8602/10/2013

He's this generations N'Sync or Hansen (I graduated high school in 1999). The minute his fans start going to college, he'll be over.

And I say this as someone who finds him much more appealing than most on here. He's actually a fantastic drummer.

by Anonymousreply 8702/10/2013

He's going on his fifth year of mainstream success. He has the potential to go further. I don't think fans will drop him like they did Hansen. Because he has put out material after material that makes fans request radio stations to play, tell their friends watch shows he's on, buy his products etc. He's gotten them in a pattern of activity over a long period of time that they will continue to support him because they have invested a lot in him. What will happen when Justin is 25? I don't know. I think he'll still be famous atleast to that point.

by Anonymousreply 8802/10/2013

I could have sworn he was going to say faggot in the Miley Cyrus sketch and stopped himself and said lesbian.

He's got about 5-10 years left until his fans pop out some kids and stop caring.

by Anonymousreply 8902/10/2013

"I could have sworn he was going to say faggot in the Miley Cyrus sketch and stopped himself and said lesbian."

So I'm not the only one who thought that.

by Anonymousreply 9002/10/2013

[R84] I thought Justin was playing a woman in all of his scenes.

by Anonymousreply 9102/10/2013

For SNL standards (which are pretty low) it was actually quite good. He was a good sport by making fun of himself and the Miley Cyrus bit was probably one of the best this season so far.

I don't like Bieber and his music, but when you manage to not totally suck on SNL you must have some shred of talent hidden somewhere (probably Bieber has some up his butt) or Lorne Michaels has a crush on you and gives you stuff you can handle.

by Anonymousreply 9202/10/2013

[R79] Sex appeal? I think you are required to be at least 18 years old to use the DL.

by Anonymousreply 9302/10/2013

He doesn't say f**got in the Miley skit, he says 'fucking lesbian' and 'fucking' is cut out

by Anonymousreply 9402/10/2013

Justin Bieber is so fake.

by Anonymousreply 9502/10/2013

Inevitable link for this thread (SFW).

by Anonymousreply 9602/10/2013

Bieber's popularity is already on the decline, his last album only sold 3 million worldwide, despite the massive amount of promotion he does. While his 144 date is successful it's nowhere near the box office and attendance numbers of recent tours by Madonna or Springsteen.

The tour will be lucky to gross $100 milliin with 144 dates, by comparison Madonna's tour last year grossed $305 milliin with just 88 dates.

His people know his popularity has been eclipsed by One Direction and they're in panic mode bookinh him on shows like SNL to keep that gravy train going.

The moment he takes a year or even a couple of months off he's done, his fickle fanbase will forget all about him.

by Anonymousreply 9702/10/2013

Justin is doing TWO jobs, both host and musical guest?

by Anonymousreply 9802/10/2013

[R92] Sorry, he totally sucked

by Anonymousreply 9902/10/2013

[R91] He was

by Anonymousreply 10002/10/2013

r82

Well how can he get a job at Denny's if Lightfoot is the manager there?

by Anonymousreply 10102/10/2013

What the fuck happened to the Jonas Brothers?

by Anonymousreply 10202/10/2013

he looked good (wow, who knew?) and he has some sex appeal.

his acting wasn't that bad.

having said that SNL SUCKS. The skits SUCK.

And is it just me or is Beiber's body a little off. It's like his hips become extra wide even though he has no fat.

by Anonymousreply 10302/10/2013

Agree with R76.

When Bieber started speaking, I thought, "Why the hell is he talking like that?"

by Anonymousreply 10402/10/2013

People still watch this show?

by Anonymousreply 10502/10/2013

SNL is running on fumes. Kill.it.now.

by Anonymousreply 10602/10/2013

Justin Bieber looked awful. How can anyone, anywhere think he's even mildly attractive?

by Anonymousreply 10702/10/2013

[R107] I agree, thought the same thing. Seems like he used to be sort of cute but getting a bit older has made him not so cute. Lost much of his charm also, assuming he had any

by Anonymousreply 10802/10/2013

r77, JB was taken under Usher's wing.

Does one realy need to say more?

by Anonymousreply 10902/10/2013

"really"

by Anonymousreply 11002/10/2013

Mary Jane Girls!

"In My House" - live

The gay guys up front, stage right, crack me up with their faux histrionics. Enjoy a laugh!

by Anonymousreply 11102/10/2013

oops wrong thread ^^ sorry

by Anonymousreply 11202/10/2013

Justin did a great job, one of the best SNL in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 11302/10/2013

Justin thanked Lauren Michaels on his Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 11402/10/2013

The Claifornians is PAINFULLY unfunny

by Anonymousreply 11502/10/2013

Sketch that got cut after last night's dress rehearsal. Something about performing oral sex on a donkey.

by Anonymousreply 11602/10/2013

Bieber was brutally bad, R92. Brutally.

by Anonymousreply 11702/10/2013

I thought Bieber was better than Adam Levine; worse than Bruno Marz (who was actually very good; I would totally see him in a film.)

Although I usually like "The Californians", especially during the Jeremy Renner-hosted episode, last night I thought: it's over. PAINFULLY unfunny. They should dump it.

by Anonymousreply 11802/10/2013

[quote]Beeber doesn't come from a showbiz background, he became famous from You Tube? If that's truly all it takes, why aren't talented people singing on YouTube to get exposure?

Usher is his Lou Pearlman?

by Anonymousreply 11902/10/2013

SNL: it's over. PAINFULLY unfunny. They should dump it.

by Anonymousreply 12002/10/2013

‘SNL’ Ratings Slip With Host Justin Bieber

BY NELLIE ANDREEVA | Sunday February 10, 2013 @ 9:31am PST

With Saturday Night Live airing way past bedtime for most of Justin Bieber constituency, the NBC late-night sketch show did not get a boost from the young pop star’s stint as host and musical guest last night. SNL averaged a 4.9/12 in the metered-market households, down 4% from the show’s most recent original hosted by Adam Levine. In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, last night’s Saturday Night Live drew a 2.7/12 share in adults 18-49, also down 4%.

by Anonymousreply 12102/10/2013

I always giggle through The Californians sketches. I think it's Bill Haders expressions that get me. It was the only time I laughed last night. Thought that the black guy in all the commercials character on the news was sort of clever - although not enough to bring back.

by Anonymousreply 12202/10/2013

Holy crap. Is that for real R114? Can he really be that stupid?

Wait ... Isn't this the "Sixteen Chapel" guy?

Do they not have requirements for education for musicians like they do for film and TV?

What a moron.

by Anonymousreply 12302/10/2013

He didn't know what "German" means, either.

by Anonymousreply 12402/10/2013

He's so trashy and low-class. When will that wigga shit be over?

by Anonymousreply 12502/10/2013

R125 = 112 years old

by Anonymousreply 12602/10/2013

He was a homeschooled fundie in Stratford, ON. He's pig-ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 12702/10/2013

I was impressed bieber is so open to acknowledging he looks like a lesbian, or at least that people think he does.

by Anonymousreply 12802/10/2013

The really sad thing about poor Bieber is that he is 18 now, has stopped growing, and for evermore will be 5'4", not exactly in leading man territory.

by Anonymousreply 13002/10/2013

Watched the monologue and it bothered me. I don't think he's talented (if he plays the afore mentioned instruments then I will adjust my assessment), vocally. I don't begrudge him his success b/c if he is a flash in the pan at least he'll be financially secure, if he or his Mom doesn't squander it all. Nobody wants a has been mooching off the peoples taxes. What's the Canadian tax code like?

Hunter Hayes is way more talented, whether you like his music or not. And better looking, too.

by Anonymousreply 13102/10/2013

He is such a baby. He didn't get nominated for any Grammies, so he's do a one hour web chat at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 13202/10/2013

Y'all bitches !! Y'all don't know me !!

by Anonymousreply 13302/10/2013

He was rotten as host and musical guest. Bruno Mars was best so far.

by Anonymousreply 13402/10/2013

He did do better than Levine at not looking at the cue cards, but he also seemed nervous and blew his lines and cues a few times. But I'll chalk that up to youth and inexperience. He was pretty good overall. Good for him for poking fun at his image. And I'm sure he won't but he should stop with the tattoos NOW.

In that brown hair wig in the 'glice' sketch he looked exactly like the boy I had a crush on in second grade. That's why I can't take him seriously as a sex symbol. He looks like an eight year old.

by Anonymousreply 13502/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.