Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Attractive people rarely care about looks

Something that I've noticed. Really good looking people always say things like "Oh, it doesn't matter" and from the other thread on dl, a very attractive person posted "Why should I be proud of my face, I didn't do anything to obtain the face that I got. I really didn't like people hitting on me".

Obviously to people like him, no. People never thought he was homely looking, or made fun of him, so to him, being good looking was a burden.

Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013

We do care about our looks. We just play it down because so many are jealous. It's a double- edged sword. And getting into middle-age can be a bitch. I'm grateful, but have to watch out for detractors.

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2013

It the same reasoning that rich people have about money. Beauty and wealth are always marginalized so we poor uglies don't kill them.

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2013

We tend to disagree.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2013

Yeah, OP, tell yourself that over and over until you believe it!

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

Attractive people are attractive because we take care of ourselves and do work at how we look.

You cannot let everyone know that you work at it because people would think you vain and silly but a human needs maintenance.

I have a friend who is quite attractive. He talks to me about his hair, teeth, working out, weight he's gained, clothes, fit of his clothes, etc, etc...

I know this side of him but to everyone else it looks like he woke up and shook his hair into place hopped into his clothes and life is fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

When you're beautiful or "attractive" then you can afford to not care. You can wear a grabage bag, leave the house with your hair all tumbled and still look good.

Being modest about it, however, if just to make those other people feel better.

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

When you are born on third base you don't spend your life worrying about staying there.

It doesn't matter if I gain ten pounds. I don't care what I'm wearing. I only go to the gym now because I'm in my 50's. I can't be bothered to dye my graying hair. I'd rather be wrinkled than botoxed. I studied what interested me in school. I do the kind of work that I want to do.

This "concern" about people being jealous is bullshit. A) Most people aren't, and B) I don't care if they are because it's so stupid.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013

It's just like a person who grew up wealthy saying money doesn't matter.

People who are attractive (and outside of how much effort you put into your looks, some people simply were born with features that are considered very attractive) they don't know what it is like to go through life and not be attractive.

It is easy for them to dismiss it, because they can take it for granted because it is what they have known.

As multiple studies have shown, and anyone with common sense knows, looks matter a lot. Attractive people simply have it easier, people are always going to be nicer and more accommodating to them, not their fault, just human nature.

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

agree OP.

And I'm one of those people.

I don't care yet still get all kinds of attention.

Weird. The scruffier I look the better. Jeans. T Shirt. Unkempt hair.

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2013

My ex had a big cock and explained to me what a burden it was as guys just would see the big bulge and fly like moths to a flame. He said it made him feel objectified. Well honey, I later found out that being objectified by strangers really wasn't such a problem.

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2013

"Attractive people are attractive because we take care of ourselves and do work at how we look."

As if! Look, taking care of yourself can make you more attractive, working out and dressing wonderfully can take you from 3/10 to 5/10, or from a 5/10 to a 7/10. But no amount of working out can give you wonderful bone structure, or change your body type.

Real beauty is more random chance than anything else, and is not something you achieve. It's just luck.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

And I still don't shit!

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.