Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Rick Steves the travel guy

Is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

If he doesn't go to sports events, he is!

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2013

My cousin's friend who is a stylist to ALL the big names on low budget PBS travel shows says that Rick Steves hires Irish hookers just to shit quid on their breastesses.

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2013

I always thought he was too bland to be gay, but it turns out he's a major pot user and pot activist, so I guess his looks are deceiving.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2013

It's possible, he divorced his wife with whom he had a couple of kids. I don't think he's hitched again. He's in his mid 50's now, so anything is possible.

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

Isn't it weird how he looks exactly the same since his show first started?

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

Rick's son Andy Steves is pretty cute. I've seen him featured on Rick's show once or twice.

After graduating from Notre Dame, Andy has started his own travel business getting packages together with college students in mind.

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

I saw Rick Steves in Florence in '09. Ironically I was in a restaurant he had recommended in his guidebook. I recognized him, and he came in and then others recognized him and we all had pix taken with him. He was with a considerably younger guy, who may have been his assistant and probably was taking notes, but...who knows? He was quite businesslike, obviously in a hurry to get to his next destination--not as friendly as the annoyingly nerdy guy he appears on TV. I didn't pick up any particular vibe about his sexual orientation one way or the other I have to say.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013

He keeps popping up with these obviously gay (and amazingly hunky) "local guides" and there's always the shot of the two of them having a romantic dinner somewhere.

That said, I'm convinced he's straight. I know, I know, I've seen the episode where he visits the Turkish wrestlers in Istanbul too, but even so I think he's a weird mix of nerd, massive control freak, and pothead, and that combines to send a false positive signal.

I mean, look at the clothes, look at the haircut, look at the glasses--does that seem like a look a gay man with money and a TV show would have?

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.