Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Toni Braxton is done with music

Girl, how you gonna pay your rent?

Video:

by Anonymousreply 1307/03/2013

I thought she was done with music back in about 1998.

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2013

r1 = Oprah Gail Winfrey

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2013

Yea R1. Music has been done with her 15 years. I don't know why people announce this kind of shit anyway. It makes them look silly and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2013

A giant talent largely wasted by her own celebrity and wealth

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

I heard she flipped out when her record company described her as a tweeting coon-bird. Braxton stated that she has exercised all her life to increase the girth of her calfs and thighs and doesn't allow any comparisons to birds.

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

The music business is for the young...and those who can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013

I don't blame her - she hasn't had a hit album or song since 2000, and there's not much money in the music industry now anyway unless you're willing to tour constantly, which is tiresome. No point in continuing to record albums if nobody's going to buy them.

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

Toni needs a boyfriend, then she'd have a hit song.

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2013

Toni Braxton Says She's Retiring From Music But Wants To Play A Lesbian On Screen

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2013

[quote]"I would like to play a lesbian,” she revealed. “I don’t know why. And do a whole make-out scene and the whole thing: just something completely different than people would expect from me."

Funny that now that her career has dried up that she wants to play one, but when their were lesbian rumors about her back in the 90's, she did everything she could to distance herself from the rumors.

Oh well, what's new? Just another has-been running to the gays for an audience now that the straights are bored with her.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

Toni please. That's my girl and all, but her ass knows the only people who were aware that she was still recording were those who happened to see her latest albums in the $2 bins at CVS and Walgreens.

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013

She's not! She has reunited with Babyface for another album, though this could be her last. She's doing with the albums what Cher does with touring lol

by Anonymousreply 1307/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.