Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Minnie Driver reduced to doing infomercials

Sure, they pay good. But can you ever regain status as an A-list actor afterwards?

by Cherreply 4402/10/2013

She looks great there.

by Cherreply 102/09/2013

She's in a movie out this week in the UK with Anna Faris, looks decent.

by Cherreply 202/09/2013

A job is a job.

by Cherreply 302/09/2013

Oh Minnie, I am so hurt for you...

by Cherreply 402/09/2013

At least this won't give her a big head.

by Cherreply 502/09/2013

Too bad she never worked more in prime time TV. She was quite funny on WILL & GRACE in a recurring role. And she can play Brit, American, you name it. And she's still fairly attractive.

The rumor is that her affair with DL fave Matt Damon during GOOD WILL HUNTING ended badly. Very badly. Damon bad-mouthed her all over Hollywood as being unstable and needy and an unreliable performer, and it really hurt Driver's film career.

by Cherreply 602/09/2013

Minnie Driver & Matt Damon, the mole queen & king of Hollywood

by Cherreply 702/09/2013

She was much better-looking as Rachel Shelley.

by Cherreply 802/09/2013

It worked for Cher.

by Cherreply 902/09/2013

Didn't she do a movie with Josh Hartnett?

That boy is cursed.

by Cherreply 1002/09/2013

Minnie Driver was a hoot as Karen Walker's nemisis on 'Will & Grace.'

by Cherreply 1102/09/2013

Oi moi.

by Cherreply 1202/09/2013

Was she ever a list?

by Cherreply 1302/09/2013

R13, I'm not aware of Minnie Driver being a list.

by Cherreply 1402/09/2013

It's to her credit that she's a natural good actress even in an infomercial.

See her on "Ab Fab" and "The Riches". Great actress, cruel business. :)

by Cherreply 1502/09/2013

Poor Matt Damon. To actually be charitable enough to go out with that dog. Straight men have it rough.

by Cherreply 1602/09/2013

I want some of that stuff. It looks like it really works. But apparently you have to belong to something called Beach Bodies to be able to purchase it.

by Cherreply 1702/09/2013

I'd guess she made some bad choices when it comes to talent agency representation. British actors are practically courted like royalty in Hollywood and yet with her proven talent she's treated like trash. Either she peed in some higher up's cereals or slept with the wrong guy or girl at the wrong time with everybody knowing about her being easy.

by Cherreply 1802/09/2013

[quote] Poor Matt Damon. To actually be charitable enough to go out with that dog.

Have you seen his wife? Ugly chicks are his thing

by Cherreply 1902/09/2013

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Cherreply 2002/09/2013

It didn't hurt my career

by Cherreply 2102/09/2013

Minnie had trouble getting the kind of work she wanted after "Circle of Friends." She thought she was going to get cast as the beautiful ingenue type in Hollywood films after that movie's success, and it's a testament to her talent and her drive that she even managed to snare a few roles like that (like in "Good Will Hunting"). But she's not a conventionally beautiful woman by any means with that huge head and square face: indeed, she was cast as the lead in "Circle of Friends" precisely because she's odd-looking. She would have done better trying for choice character work in American and British films, or for good work on British television (she's good enough an actress she could have done it). She made the move too quick to "comic guest cameos" in US television, which usually is a sign (if you do more than just on or two of them) your career is foundering. She became perceived as a hasbeen before she really needed to be.

Kate Beckinsale has tried to have the same career path after getting attention fifteen years ago with some British TV work (for "Cold Comfort Farm" and "Emma"), and she's had a little better luck than Minnie Driver. But it took major plastic surgery (she's unrecognizable now from how she used to look) and she also became a major bitch along the way. And she never had the Angelina Jolie-sized career she seems to wish she would have had.

by Cherreply 2202/09/2013

Yes KB is a liar. She said this about PS: I’m against it. If I were 45 I might think about having my eyelids done".

by Cherreply 2302/09/2013

I agree with, R22, wholeheartedly.

She should never have relocated to Hollywood.

I think she fancies herself more than anyone fancies her.

She was involved in one film project all about the trials and tribulations of being a great beauty & she was the star. (No, really).

She should be in England doing period TV drama (badly) and should visit Hollywood when and if the offers come in.

She's what my father would have called 'misguided'.

In fact, I'm surprised she's had such a long run.

by Cherreply 2402/09/2013

She also famously told the world that Matt Damon was "hung like a cashew". And scowled at his Oscar win with camera lingering on her. I got a kick out of it but who knows, it might not have helped her in the biz. She was bigtime Woman Scorned.

by Cherreply 2502/09/2013

[quote]hung like a cashew

I can see that.

by Cherreply 2602/09/2013

I enjoyed her in The Riches.

by Cherreply 2702/09/2013

Damon treated her like shit but he's not the only one who scorned Ms. Minnie. She actually is unstable and needy. It's a pain in the ass to deal with her shit on or off the set so people just avoid her.

It wasn't Damon who ruined her career, she did it to herself. Still, I always kind of liked her. I wish she'd find a tv role that could last for a few years. She should play a doctor, a lawyer, a whatever on a one-hour drama. She's not built for sitcoms and she was great on the under-appreciated "The Riches".

by Cherreply 2802/09/2013

R6 didn't she call the paps before every time they went out. I think that was one of the reasons he called it off.

by Cherreply 2902/09/2013

Her contemporary Emily Mortimer is more beautiful, interesting and talented.

by Cherreply 3002/09/2013

R29, she did the same thing when she dated Harrison Ford. He put up with it for about five minutes before he dumped her.

by Cherreply 3102/09/2013

[quote]Her contemporary Emily Mortimer is more beautiful, interesting and talented.

& stupid...going on American talk shows and saying she became an American citizen for tax purposes.

by Cherreply 3202/09/2013

OK, let's have at it: "The Minnie Driver Programme", a half-hour sitcom.

Premise?

Cast?

by Cherreply 3302/09/2013

That deserves a thread of its own, R33.

I'll post it.

by Cherreply 3402/09/2013

R33 Minnie is a publicity hungry actress whose stunts always backfire on her.

by Cherreply 3502/09/2013

[quote]OK, let's have at it: "The Minnie Driver Programme", a half-hour sitcom.

OK...go for it!

by Cherreply 3602/09/2013

She managed to get herself engaged/unengaged to Barbra Streisand's stepson, Josh, too.

by Cherreply 3702/09/2013

Minnie Driver dated Harrison Ford? How'd I miss that?

by Cherreply 3802/09/2013

I missed the Harrison Ford period, too, but didn't she have another scandal, a who's-the-daddy-scandal?

by Cherreply 3902/10/2013

Women have to hide their ambitious streak and their tendencies to be blunt at least until they made it to the top. Men and women don't like that kind of attitude. They prefer fake American Sweethearts like Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon, and Sandra Bullock who act all sweet and humble in public.

by Cherreply 4002/10/2013

Minnie Driver! Patsy Stone? Minnie Driver! Patsy Stone? Minnie! Patsy? Minnie...Minnie...Minnie.

Is your name Patsy Stone?

by Cherreply 4102/10/2013

She also dated Robby Ginepri, American tennis pro, for another five minutes. Her relationships don't last long, do they?

by Cherreply 4202/10/2013

R38, R39, Harrison Ford really did dump her after about five minutes. I think there were one or two pics of them out together. It looked like she called the paps and that was the end of that.

by Cherreply 4302/10/2013

R43 Eeek, that means Han Solo is almost 70!

by Cherreply 4402/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.