Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Retired FBI profiler: Christopher Dorner a "malignant narcissist"

Self-obsessed. This isn't the entire article, but there's some interesting background about him. He made the complaint against his training officer after she gave him a bad review.

Court papers from 2006 show that Dorner requested a restraining order against a woman he had dated for six weeks after he said she posted his LAPD badge number and trash-talked about him on a website called

Dorner attached the lengthy posting he said was by his ex-girlfriend, Ariana Williams, as well as a handwritten note she apparently placed on his belongings when she returned them after they broke up.

In the web posting, Dorner is described as "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed," 'twisted" and "super paranoid." It also said he flashed his police badge on their first date, lives with his mother and hates himself for being black — at one point asking her to act more like a white woman.

"Just be careful because this guy is a police officer and he will probably think that he can get away with anything. ... If you value your sanity, stay away from this guy." Dorner claimed Williams was harassing him and sent a threatening letter to his home. He asked that she also stay away from his mother and sister. In her response, Williams denied Dorner's allegations.

Records show Dorner did not show up at a hearing in November 2006 and the case was terminated. She could not be reached to comment. Her attorney, Stephen G. Rodriguez, did not return a call or email seeking comment. In 2008, after Dorner was deployed to Bahrain with the Navy Reserves, he returned to the LAPD and began to patrol with his training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans. He had worked for just four months after his graduation from the academy before being sent overseas.

In internal police papers, Evans said Dorner repeatedly asked why he was being put back on patrol without reintegration training. On one occasion, he began weeping in the patrol car and demanded to be taken back to the police academy to be retrained, according to a summary of an interview with Evans contained in 2009 court documents.

Evans warned Dorner that she would give him an unsatisfactory rating and request that he be removed from the field unless he improved. A day after she followed up on her threat with a poor review, Dorner reported to internal affairs that Evans had kicked a severely mentally ill man in the chest and left cheek during an arrest.

A police review panel ultimately found the allegation untrue and Dorner was fired for making a false statement. In the manifesto, Dorner said the LAPD destroyed his life, ruined his relationships with his mother and sister and harmed his military career.

Those types of statements don't surprise O'Toole, the former FBI profiler, who said narcissists feel intense shame and humiliation when outside events challenge their perception of themselves.

"He's somebody I call an injustice collector," she said. "When they respond to an injustice that they think is out there, their reaction is completely over the top."

by Anonymousreply 6402/11/2013

Love the people who render diagnoses from afar.

No real shrink would do that -- no real shrink would have to. We all already know Dorner was mad enough to kill people, and we have read his motive. The "why" in this case seems a bit self-serving, and I don't think will help police catch him.

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2013

Never mind the profile. The stuff about the girlfriend and blubbering in the patrol car is interesting enough.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2013

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2013

Um, excuse me, but since when does some retired FBI profiler get to take it upon himself to throw around titles? Her Majesty The Queen (or Lilibet as she insists I call her) recognized me as a Malignant Narcissist during last year's Birthday Honours.

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2013

He seems rather typical to me. The shaved head and little smile is the tip-off. There are millions of them out there.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2013

He sort of sounds like some gay men. Though, they wouldn't take the self hate out on others, only themselves.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2013

Funny you should bring this up. Last summer, while I was out among the people in the minefields of Uganda, a thought crossed my mind. It involved sushi and this new fleece coat I had seen in Paris, but then a bomb exploded. Children or men or puppies were injured. I remember blood and body parts, but I couldn't remember that damn thought I had! I even told myself: "You will not go back to the minefields of Uganda until that thought comes back to you!" And I spent the next six months trying to remember that thought! And then one day I remembered that thought! Sushi and fleece. Isn't that the craziest thing? I was thinking I could call it Flushi.

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2013

The profiler is mixing up "narcissist" with "having a narcissistic wound."

by Anonymousreply 902/10/2013

if he truly is a narcissist, he will not kill himself!!! BE VERY AFRAID

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2013

He's not a narcissist -- and now someone has spotted him in Northridge (San Fernando Valley) so a huge bunch of cops is swarming all over there.

by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2013

I'm sure he's been "spotted" at Golds Gym all weekend.

by Anonymousreply 1202/10/2013

LAPD declares citywide tactical alert

February 10, 2013 | 3:57 pm

Stretched thin by the search for a fugitive ex-cop and extra security for the Grammy Awards, Los Angeles police on Sunday afternoon declared a citywide tactical alert.

The alert was one of several that have been called over the last week as law enforcement agencies across Southern California have been searching for Christopher Jordan Dorner, who is suspected of killing an Irvine couple and a Riverside police officer.

Dorner allegedly carried out the slayings as part of a vengeful campaign sparked by his 2009 dismissal from the Los Angeles Police Department, authorities said.

Sunday's tactical alert was declared shortly after 2 p.m. In a tactical alert, officers can be held over on their shifts and do not respond to low-priority radio calls.

In addition into assisting in the search for Dorner, the LAPD is also providing security for the Grammy Awards at Staples Center. Police would not elaborate on the size of the police presence at that event.

by Anonymousreply 1302/10/2013

Where do you think he is?

1. Out in the woods, using Rambo-esque survival techniques.

2. Being harbored by someone out in the wilderness.

3. Back in the city in some pre-planned hiding spot.

4. Dead.

5. Far from where they're looking - out of Cali.

6. Other.

by Anonymousreply 1402/10/2013

For a second I thought the headline was about Chris Christie, not Chris Dorner, and I was going to add "I quite agree."

by Anonymousreply 1502/10/2013

Seriously, more Adele? Last year wasn't enough?

I like the dress. It does make her look big, but she is, after all, big.

by Anonymousreply 1602/10/2013

Sorry, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 1702/10/2013

[quote]'s not a narcissist -- and now someone has spotted him in Northridge (San Fernando Valley) so a huge bunch of cops is swarming all over there.

Source of this news please.

by Anonymousreply 1802/10/2013

Adele's a bit chavy, so she's probably not white enough for Dorner.

by Anonymousreply 1902/10/2013

For r18

by Anonymousreply 2002/10/2013

by Anonymousreply 2102/10/2013

This is just nuts. How many dozens, if not hundreds, of false sightings have there been? Now with the $1M reward, it will become more problematic.

by Anonymousreply 2202/10/2013

Thanks R20. Little too close for comfort.

by Anonymousreply 2302/10/2013

[quote]a malignant narcissist

That casts a pall of suspicion over 90% of Datalounge posters.

by Anonymousreply 2402/10/2013

[quote]In internal police papers, Evans said Dorner repeatedly asked why he was being put back on patrol without reintegration training.

I wonder what answer he received.

by Anonymousreply 2602/10/2013

R25 is a troll, not black - wanting DL to believe he's black just to have everyone pissed at his ridiculous post.

by Anonymousreply 2702/10/2013

I am sure that i am missing something, but how do we know that his supervisor didn't kick/hit the mentally ill man as Dorner claims? Police officers have a terrible history when dealing with the mentally ill. I had lived in a small city where police regularly killed the mentally ill. Police protect their own and regularly lie to save face.

Why didn't the LAPD give Dorner some additional training when he returned from Bahrain? He requested it- I think it was a responsible request. Regarding Dorner breaking down- he just returned from the military service, perhaps he had PTSD.

Is it really unreasonable that he was displeased that his date went on a website and wrote some unfavorable comments? I think that would bother anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2802/10/2013

Most of these bezerkers have been white men by far, so for me, it's not an issue of him being black. Here's what I don't understand--yes, there are issues with the LAPD and the black community. I mean, I think there is, I don't know.

Either way, how is he a hero if he has killed inoocents and has sworn to kill more innocents? That's what I don't get.

So many are coming back for Iraq and Afganistan with issues. Maybe that's something we need to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 2902/10/2013

How to awards work? Do they really have to give the award? Once someone comes forth with legit info, it's not like they can not say anything else pending payment.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013

Dorner's military record shows that he served in the Middle East, but not as a combat soldier. Dorner's military duty did include underwater work, and in his 11,000-word "manifesto" Dorner claims he suffered traumatic head injuries.

If that is the case, his symptoms would look a lot like PTSD, Reyes said Friday.

"The impulsiveness, the zoned-out reaction to high-stress situations, they are all symptoms of PTSD and TBI, traumatic brain injury," Reyes said.

by Anonymousreply 3102/10/2013

R28, if he has PTSD than we as a country need to discuss it on a national level.

Too many of our soldiers, male and female, are committing suicide or are homeless.

We need a real dialogue about PTSD in this country, now.

by Anonymousreply 3202/10/2013

A SWAT team has surrounded the Lowe's

by Anonymousreply 3302/10/2013

I couldn't agree more, R32

by Anonymousreply 3402/10/2013

[quote]A SWAT team has surrounded the Lowe's

which will be very confusing to the suspect inside, a 42-year-old soccer mom from Calabasas

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2013

Thank god Home Depot was spared.

by Anonymousreply 3602/10/2013

Hmmmm, I didn't think about the PTSD thing. He's all types of fucked up mentally so he may have PTSD along with some other things. I really think he's dead, though. I mean why would he run? His manifesto made it sound like he wanted a shoot out or some sort of confrontation with the police.

by Anonymousreply 3702/10/2013

No, he's not dead. He's at Loews mentally mapping out a kitchen remodeling.

by Anonymousreply 3802/10/2013

r27, are you bonkers? I stated in the phasing of that post, I am not black. I think you are a damaged idiot. Don't despair, there are a lot of us on DL.

by Anonymousreply 3902/10/2013

I believe he's gone as well-- suicide.

PTSD and steroid abuse issues have done him in. Narcissistic and messianic tendencies as well.

His own mother wants nothing to do with him. Too many sexual issues with women.

I bet they find his body somewhere when the snow melts down.

by Anonymousreply 4002/10/2013

A lot of search teams at Lowe' has been evacuated...police dogs on the site...tactical alert...blah blah blah

by Anonymousreply 4102/10/2013

Actually, he filed a complaint against his partner, THEN she gave him a bad review.

Read carefully. The entire machine has been stirred into action to condemn this cop and frame him as a misfit and to save the LAPD. It is like Oswald all over again.

by Anonymousreply 4202/10/2013

The LAPD surrounded the Lowes and then forced all the shoppers to march out in a single file. Next, all the employees of the store were required to make a similar march. Finally, they discovered that the man sighted nearby in his car looked a lot like Dorner, but wasn't him.

They are now searching the Lowes "to make sure."

by Anonymousreply 4302/10/2013

I think poster above is probably correct. Dorner saw his trainer seriously abuse some poor guy, but kept quiet about it because (Rule #1) cops cover for each other. Then, when his Trainer gave him a lousy review (he Is wacko) he ratted her out.

The victim's family confirmed the abused man's injuries, but the police dept's self examination process exonerated the police trainer because (see Rule #1)...

Dorner was let go as much for being crazy as for crossing the Thin Blue Line (what happens on patrol stays on patrol).

He probably believes his trainer is the one who should have been canned - and is taking revenge by striking murderous terror into those who "wronged" him (he IS wacko).

by Anonymousreply 4402/10/2013

R43, I think they do this to make it appear that their work is leading somewhere. In the internet age where everyone knows what Dorner looks like and his picture is everywhere, they have to feel pretty stupid about Dorner evading them for this long.

I have no idea whey large black men (or really any black men) would be out and about at this point, knowing the LAPD is looking to shoot first, and ask questions later.

by Anonymousreply 4502/10/2013

This AM, a lady in San Bernardino got into an argument with some teen girls who retaliated against her by calling the cops and saying that the lady had driven up to Big Bear to pick up Dorner and bring him back to her apartment.

The cops surrounded the apartment building and people were forced to evacuate through their back windows. When they broke into the lady's apartment, they found her there, extremely pissed off.

by Anonymousreply 4602/10/2013

They all look the same.

by Anonymousreply 4702/10/2013

Let's not forget that the LAPD shot two innocent women delivering newspapers just because they drove a truck very similar to Dorner's. Unfuckingbelievable. I hate the LAPD.

by Anonymousreply 4802/10/2013

SANTA ANA -- The Los Angeles police captain who was chairman of the department's board of rights hearing that fired Christopher Dorner and may be one of the top targets in Dorner's list of enemies has not left his home since the manhunt for the ex-LAPD officer began on Monday, he told the Orange County Register on Sunday.

In an interview with the newspaper, Capt. Phil Tingirides said he accepts being a target, but it is difficult for him to understand why his wife and six children are on Dorner's enemies list.

"I haven't been able for the last few days to go outside my house," Tingirides told the Register.

"Am I afraid? Well, I hesitate to use the word ... but I saw what he did to his attorney."

One of the three people killed allegedly by Dorner, was Monica Quan, the daughter of Randy Quan. He is a former LAPD officer turned union lawyer, who had represented Dorner at his board of rights hearing.

by Anonymousreply 4902/10/2013

R25- PC damaged white man

by Anonymousreply 5002/10/2013

If Dorner hadn't shot that female in Irvine, I'd have little problem with his actions. I believe all police are basically bad people. They do some good when it's easy or accidental, but I believe over all their record is on the minus side if all were to be honest.

The vast majority of people who go into police work for a career have a lot of issues being satisfied by legally having a gun and wielding power over the public. A public that is overwhelmingly not criminal.

Police should be limited to 3 or 4 years of duty and serious criminals should be tracked by our military. That way no one is a career policeman.

by Anonymousreply 5102/10/2013

This man has BIG plans

by Anonymousreply 5202/10/2013

r40 is an ass

by Anonymousreply 5302/10/2013

Freezing is as an end game is a pleasant way to die.

by Anonymousreply 5402/10/2013

[quote] The entire machine has been stirred into action to condemn this cop and frame him as a misfit and to save the LAPD.

Worth noting LAPD was able to raise nearly $1 million for a reward, in an amazingly short amount of time, from police unions up and down the coast.

The city officials listed them in the televised announcement, and said it was believed to be the largest reward ever, but you won't hear much more about this.

by Anonymousreply 5502/10/2013

He deserves to be shot dead in the streets like the mad dog he is.

by Anonymousreply 5602/10/2013

Calm down r56, you are a brew of mixed conflicted emotions. Why would you want to kill anyone you believed to be insane? Why would you equate a nutzoid with a mad dog?

I think you too, have issues that should be addressed. Of course, a lot of us are rowing that boat.

be well

by Anonymousreply 5702/10/2013

This may spark a race war

by Anonymousreply 5802/10/2013

Think what kind of nefarious doings are going down while the cops go after this guy.

by Anonymousreply 5902/10/2013

I meant while the cops are concentrating so much manpower and resources on capturing Dorner, the other criminals are probably having a field day.

by Anonymousreply 6002/10/2013

R58, if there is a race war it is between all of the clowns who never got up off their asses to achieve anything in life.

Droner is not "their guy." Droner may be a terrorist, but he's not a common gang banger. He's smarter than they are,, and knows it. He took a job arresting street thugs. He probably hates them as much as we do.

by Anonymousreply 6102/10/2013

This guy had a history of problems with women and with authority. The LAPD is corrupt and inept but killing an innocent young woman is no way to deal with that situation.

by Anonymousreply 6202/11/2013

both true

by Anonymousreply 6302/11/2013

After the efforts in r43, the cops herded the shoppers and employees out into one corner of the parking lot. It was a chilly night for us in CA, but even after the cops ascertained that none in the crowd was Dorner, they corralled and forced the people to stand there for hours while they searched the building.

Another one of their usual but futile shows of force probably garnered Dorner some new fans in the crowd...

by Anonymousreply 6402/11/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!