Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dead Man Leaves $1 Million Estate to Former Actors He Never Met

A dead man has left his $1 million estate to two soap stars that he had never met. Ray Fulk died last summer at the age of 71 in his farmhouse near Broadwell, Illinois. He died alone with no family and few friends. So he left his 160-acre estate to two actors that he felt close to - Kevin Brophy and Peter Barton.

Brophy's claim to fame was the 1977 TV show 'Lucan' in which he played the main character who had been raised by wolves. A poster from the show was found in Fulk's farmhouse, which had no running water and was filthy, according to Fulk's attorne, Donald Behle.

Like Brophy, Barton acted in both moves and TV shows and he was most known for his role in the daytime soap, 'The Young and the Restless' where he played Dr. Scott Grainger. The two actors know each other because they worked together on the 1981 film, 'Hell Night.'

Behle wrote Fulk's will more than a decade ago and he says he didn't know that Fulk had never met the actors to whom he was leaving his wealth. 'He just said they were friends of his,' Behle told ABCNews.com. Fulk's property is currently appraised at $1.1 million. Behle sent Barton and Brophy letters informing them that they would receive their inheritance once the estate was sold - but both the actors were skeptical that it could be a scam. 'What’s the first thing you would think if you got a letter like that?' Behle told the Illinois State Journal Register. 'You’d think it was some kind of scam.'

Barton decided to jump on a plane to meet Behle and visit the estate. Behle said he enjoyed giving a tour of the estate - except for the part where they entered the home where Fulk lived and died. 'His house was an absolute filthy mess,' Behle toldABCNews.com. 'We wore masks when we were in there.'

Besides splitting his estate between Barton and Brophy, Fulk also left $5,000 to Chicago's largest humane society, the Anti-Cruelty Society.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4902/10/2013

That's rather sweet.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 102/09/2013

I've tried to find info on Barton for years. I never came up with anything online.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 202/09/2013

Sweet? That's fucking weird and sad.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 302/09/2013

He could have left it to a charity if he really didn't know anybody else.

This is what the DL soap queens have to look forward to.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 402/09/2013

Agree, it's sad and a bit weird.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 502/09/2013

I'm thinking of leaving part of my estate to Cillian Muprhy

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 702/09/2013

So the actors say.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 802/09/2013

"I'm thinking of leaving part of my estate to Cillian Muprhy"

Me too.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 902/09/2013

I put Peter Barton right up there with Rob Lowe in the "impossibly beautiful" category. This farmer was probably a deeply closeted man who had a man crush on the 2 actors.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1002/09/2013

"man who had a man crush on the 2 actors"

Man crush? That's just a "crush", honey.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1102/09/2013

I'm thinking of leaving my estate to Desmond's feets.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1202/09/2013

I don't see what's sad about it -- we all know how hard it is to make friends after a certain age, and he appreciated the actors' TV characters, and showed his gratitude.

It would be nice if he'd had real friends, but for many, it is no longer that type of world.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1302/09/2013

If only he'd known about the baby bakeshop, he could have made a real difference instead of funding Botox for two has beens.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1402/09/2013

Peter Barton was hot n heavy with Lisa Rinna

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1502/09/2013

He was hoping this would bring them together and they would fall in love with each other. You folks don't know how lonely people think, do you?

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1602/09/2013

Kevin Brophy was fucken hot.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1702/09/2013

The original article has a photo of Brophy today, but none of Barton. WHY? What does Peter Barton look like now?

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1802/09/2013

R2, I know. that's why I wrote "this is WEHT Peter Barton"

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 1902/09/2013

I still think it's sweet! It's not like he left it to George Clooney - these actors probably can use the money & will feel good that their work helped a lonely guy be less lonely.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2002/09/2013

Actors often die broke or nearly. There ought to be some kind of $afety net to prevent this, after entertaining us for so many years.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2102/09/2013

This is hysterical. It reminds me of that movie with Ian McKellen and Jason Priestley in that movie where Priestley plays an actor and McKellen stalks him in the Hamptons. What was the name of that flick?

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2202/09/2013

R22, it's John Hurt and the name of the film is "Love and Death on Long Island".

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2302/09/2013

Scott Grainger from Y&R - that was the guy who was married to mistress of evil Sheila Carter yes? GREAT storyline!!!

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2402/09/2013

John Hurt, right! Thanks R23. Weird movie.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2502/09/2013

Here's a clip of him on Y&R - he looks good in glasses! Very Clark Kent.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2602/09/2013

Love that scene r26. The show has never been the same without Evil Nurse Sheila.

As to Peter Barton, wasn't he the victim of a burn accident? A serious burn. Am I thinking of the right actor?

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2702/09/2013

Why leave money to people you have never met, when there are so many charitable causes that could aid so many.

Very sad.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2802/09/2013

[quote]This is what the DL soap queens have to look forward to.

Worth repeating.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 2902/09/2013

Barton was burned filming a scene in THE POWERS OF MATTHEW STAR. It was made worse by the fact that he was tied to a chair at the time.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3002/09/2013

More pics of Peter...

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3102/09/2013

[quote]As to Peter Barton, wasn't he the victim of a burn accident? A serious burn. Am I thinking of the right actor?

No. He was murdered in the shower by a guy in a hockey mask.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3202/09/2013

Anyone remember Peter as Doug in Friday the 13th-The Final Chapter(LOL)? Jason kills him in the shower with his bare hands while Peter is naked!

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3302/09/2013

If they have any class, they'll give all or most of it to charities themselves.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3402/09/2013

I would bet money this old hermit had sexual/romantic fantasies in which these two guys were the stars.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3502/09/2013

Peter Barton is 56 now, and quit the business.

This is a bit more recent photo - looks to be mid to late 40s here. Anyway, it's clearly well after his burn accident, so there was no facial damage if that's what people were thinking.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3602/09/2013

Why should they give it to charities? It's not like they're big stars, earning big bucks. Their fame came and went a long long time ago.

If they gave him a little pleasure in his life, then they are perfectly within their rights to keep it.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3702/09/2013

That is so Datalounge.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3802/09/2013

It was his money, he could do what he wanted with it. It's sad that he left his estate to two people he didn't even know, though. Didn't he have any friends or family? Maybe he thought those two actors WERE his family. He must have been mentally disturbed in some way. Poor man, he must have been so lonely.

I had a big crush on Kevin Brophy back in the day. But I sure as hell wouldn't leave a fortune to him!

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 3902/09/2013

See this what I wanted DL to do for Shelley Hack.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4002/09/2013

What, r40? Leave her all our money in our wills?

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4102/09/2013

Maybe they secretly visited him and let him service them.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4202/09/2013

actually r40 I wanted us to fund her return to pictures!

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4302/09/2013

Shelley Hack?

Shelley Fucking Hack?

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4402/10/2013

I wish he left it to me.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4502/10/2013

I wish he had left me $18 of it, so I could buy a membership here.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4602/10/2013

R46 = The Streep Troll (TM)

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4702/10/2013

In order to claim to inheritance both actors must spend the night, naked, in the dead mans' farmhouse.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4802/10/2013

I was just thinking about this! As a single gay uncle,I have a lot of mean spirited nieces and nephews and I'm thinking of leaving what little I have to someone who might appreciate it-and me-better.

by This is WEHT Peter Bartonreply 4902/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.