Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Any insight as to why the Christopher Dorner thread is now gone?

It was there last night.

by Anonymousreply 5402/10/2013

The knee defender thread shows up in my threadwatch but I click and it say removed.

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2013

I agree, R2. He was out of Big Bear way before they found the truck. I envision him on a big motorcycle, covered with a helmet and googles so he's not recognizable, roaring out of the L.A. area.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2013

God, I don't remember this big a manhunt since Andrew Cucanan.

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

In a city east of LA, I was driving to the store, and was surprised to see one of our sheriff's deputies riding alone in his cruiser.

I had heard cops all over the Southland had doubled up for safety.

Maybe they don't think he's around So Cal at all...

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

(LAT) ...According to various tips, Dorner was reported to be driving a white Lexus near Barstow. He was spotted entering the county jail in downtown Los Angeles. He was holed up in a hotel in San Diego or in a park in Norco or at a home next to the Barona Indian Reservation in San Diego County. None of those leads checked out, and authorities are considering false reporting charges against one person who they believe is more prankster than tipster.

"When you're dealing with a case that's getting this amount of press coverage, you're going to get your share of bad information," said Laura Eimiller, a spokeswoman for the FBI, whose agents searched Dorner's home in Las Vegas and are investigating a package that CNN received, apparently from Dorner, that made various threats...

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

Shows how good American law enforcement is.

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

It was worse than that -- s/he kept referring to the wrong posts when replying belligerently, and threatening to turn everyone who didn't agree with his/her moving viewpoint into the police.

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2013

I have a friend who is an LAPD lieutenant who looks a lot like Dorner. Bet things have been interesting for him the last few days.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

He should've booked a guest shot on "Do No Harm." No one would've found him there.

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013

Ha ha, WW for r12. This is more like it, that thread yesterday was getting ugly.

by Anonymousreply 1302/09/2013

r14 is one of the reasons why that thread was deleted. The anti-cop posts got to be too much. There are corrupt cops, but I believe there are very good cops who do care. Why? They are the first on the scene. They see the bloodshed. They see victim's family bawling their eyes out. To make a blanket statement that cops don't care and only about each other is a nonstarter.

All the cops in LA right now are sitting ducks. Instead of cowering at home, they're on patrol trying to get this menace off the street. If you see half of what they see every day, then you could talk r14.

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2013

r16 being a douchebag is your specialty isn't it? The funny thing about people like you is when you become a victim of crime, you run screaming to the police. Let's hope your words don't come back to haunt you.

by Anonymousreply 1702/09/2013

It got deleted because the psychotically pro-cop guy kept going further and further off.

No one in that thread was anti-cop and neither is r14. We all are sad that they've proved to be more for themselves than for the people they serve -- as seen with those poor news delivery ladies that got blasted.

by Anonymousreply 1802/09/2013

I don't think it was just the pro-cop guy -- the anti-cop posters were every bit as much to blame. They were bitching at him just as furiously as he was bitching at them.

by Anonymousreply 1902/09/2013

Agree with r19, the anti-cops person was going off the rails and had a thread about Quan (the girl who got killed) and was race-trolling.

by Anonymousreply 2002/09/2013

[quote]The anti-cop posts got to be too much.

Nice try, but no.

by Anonymousreply 2102/09/2013

The local news just aired a video from Charlie Sheen who acknowledged Dorner's manifesto and thanked him for his kind words. Then Charlie asked Dorner to call him so they could together figure out how to end this thing.

by Anonymousreply 2302/09/2013

R23 Kind of ironic that he stars in a show called "Anger Managment."

by Anonymousreply 2402/09/2013

The spot he chose to burn his truck wasn't far from the Big Bear Airport. His badge and other police ID was found near the San Diego airport.

He might have access to a plane -- he's had some flight training.

by Anonymousreply 2502/09/2013

Oh dear, and she is a lesbian. The horror.

by Anonymousreply 2602/09/2013

The interesting thing about the deleted thread was that it showed how the pro-cop side had no issues with making racist remarks and using racial slurs. Quite telling isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 2702/09/2013

Oy. Charlie Sheen saving the day is kind of ironic.

by Anonymousreply 2802/09/2013

(Different Strokes For Different Folks...)

Baca nephew is subject of inmate abuse probe

Justin Bravo was hired as an L.A. County deputy under a 'Friends of the Sheriff' program despite concerns about his past, including two arrests.

By Robert Faturechi, Los Angeles Times

February 9, 2013

When Justin Bravo applied to be a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy, background investigators noted the young man had some brushes with the law that raised red flags about his past.

Nonetheless, the department hired Bravo as a deputy through a little-known program called "Friends of the Sheriff" — a screening process for applicants with connections to department officials.

Bravo's link was his uncle: Sheriff Lee Baca.

Now, the jail deputy is the subject of a Sheriff's Department criminal probe into whether he abused an inmate. The incident, sheriff's officials say, was caught on tape. Sources say FBI agents investigating the jails are also inquiring about Bravo.

Confidential sheriff's records indicate that Bravo was hired even though officials had documented his alleged involvement in a fight with San Diego police, theft and arrests on suspicion of drunk driving and burglary.

Following inquiries from The Times, the Sheriff's Department's civilian monitoring agency looked at Bravo's background. The Office of Independent Review's lead attorney, Michael Gennaco, said in an interview "there is no way he should have been hired."

Baca and Bravo, 32, declined to be interviewed. Bravo has been relieved of duty with pay in connection with the criminal probe.

by Anonymousreply 2902/09/2013

LAPD to reopen investigation of Dorner's firing Los Angeles Times | February 9, 2013 | 6:13 PM

The Los Angeles Police Department announced today that it would reopen the investigation into Christopher Jordan Dorner's firing, which apparently prompted Dorner's vengeful rampage that has left three people dead.

LAPD Chief Charlie Beck is reopening the investigation because he wants to assure the public that "the LAPD is fair and transparent," Cmdr. Andrew Smith said at a late afternoon news conference at LAPD's headquarters downtown.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013

Do you really think they are reopening it or are they just trying to placate him and draw him out? I was looking at his supporters' facebook page and it is ridiculous. There are about 1000 suggestions that we all call Amnesty International on his behalf. Would they even take this case now that he has killed 2 people?

by Anonymousreply 3102/10/2013

A lot of people on the Dorden facebook page are throwing around the word "irregardless".

by Anonymousreply 3202/10/2013

LAPD backlash PR strategy. No one is buying it

by Anonymousreply 3302/10/2013

Oh no r33, seems like many of the people on the facebook page are buying it, when they aren't accusing people who say they are insane of being "undercover pigs who are trolling for arguements". Finally someone pointed out that it was likely bullshit but nobody is responding to him.

He says this: "The case can't be re-opened by the same people who closed it in the first. An independent body is needed folks. This is what C.D said in his manifesto you can't let them investigate themselves? Don't be fooled people. They're saying this cause time is running out."

by Anonymousreply 3402/10/2013

R27 We have trolls on DL who like to pose as other people, specifically white people, and write racial slurs to get threads about black people deleted. They don't like scrutiny famous black people get so they sabotage the threads.

Dorner's own mother didn't support him over his firing from the LAPD. If you've ever watched "The First 48" on TV you have seen mothers like this who are tired of their trouble-making sons. They are tired of stepping up to support their foolishness.

When he was fired the LAPD knew he was very angry and actually put guards out to prevent him from doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2013

R35, are you seriously claiming that Chris Dorner is a famous black person and that all of the racial slurs on this board are written by black people? Maybe you should have actually read what was written in the original thread before making such outlandish claims. The person writing the racist remarks was not trolling or trying to get a thread deleted because Dorner is so famous. How silly.

by Anonymousreply 3602/10/2013

From the Facebook page :

"i am so proud of everyone here who isnt afraid to employ their freedom of speach!! we are a very loud unified voice!!! case got reopened!!! justice for christopher dorner will come!!! contact amnesty international and beg he get political assylum and amnesty!!! this guy deserves a life, a family, and his name honored!!! you should be proud of your bravery and patriotsim!!!"

by Anonymousreply 3702/10/2013

No one is denying CD is nuts. And no one is denying the LAPD is corrupt. There are no heroes here.

This is like watching 2 dirty ho-s who know each others' secrets whoring them out.

The third ho is the mainstream media trying to choose a position between the powers that be, their audience and their advertisers who cater to their audience.

by Anonymousreply 3802/10/2013

R36, R35's views are not all that unusual. In this country there has been long and well-established history of fear of the black man conspiring together in an effort to overthrow the white establishment. It's a persistent paranoia that led to the eventual formation of Black Codes/Jim Crow laws.

Therefore, I'm never surprised to read posts like R35's or the posts in the deleted thread claiming that blacks will riot in support of Dorner ( I suppose like the racially motivated college campus riots after Obama won reelection or the Sandusky riots)or how we are basically a monolith who think exactly the same way on all issues. It's the American way. I'm sure R35 doesn't consider himself a bigot, bigots never do. Today I read that Maya Rudolph is a baby making octoroon, so I suppose it was one of us trying to get the Christina Applegate thread deleted. Sad world. As my dad would say, simple minds always reach simple conclusions.

Anyhow, I completely agree R38.

by Anonymousreply 3902/10/2013

[quote]LAPD to reopen investigation of Dorner's firing Los Angeles

If they are really dedicated to proving transparency, I vote that they should let the ACLU review the case.

by Anonymousreply 4002/10/2013

Charlie Sheen is good with "bro" stuff -- not so much with gal stuff:

by Anonymousreply 4102/10/2013

They think he might attack the Grammy Awards:

by Anonymousreply 4202/10/2013

Does anyone else think he's hot? I'll bet he's an animal in bed.

by Anonymousreply 4302/10/2013

[quote]I'll bet he's an animal in bed.

He might have been before, but his girlfriend said after, he was too twitchy and paranoid in general.

Even after he lost his job, he still believed he was "on duty."

by Anonymousreply 4402/10/2013

Keep it up R27. You'll get this thread deleted too.

by Anonymousreply 4502/10/2013

He's toast:

[quote]Reward to be set for ex-cop's capture. Announcement comes a week after killings began

by Anonymousreply 4602/10/2013

The reward thing sure took long enough.

by Anonymousreply 4702/10/2013

The reward is a horrible idea. Every gun nut in So Cal will saddle up and go hunting this fucker now, and it'll be like one of those old Elmer Fudd "First Day of Duck Season" cartoons.

More innocent people will be killed before this is over.

by Anonymousreply 4802/10/2013

[quote]They think he might attack the Grammy Awards

Please let Chris Brown be there.

by Anonymousreply 4902/10/2013

Guy had issues with women, it seems. He would fit right in at DL!

Court papers from 2006 show that Dorner requested a restraining order against a woman he had dated for six weeks after he said she posted his LAPD badge number and trash-talked about him on a website called

Dorner attached the lengthy posting he said was by his ex-girlfriend, Ariana Williams, as well as a handwritten note she apparently placed on his belongings when she returned them after they broke up.

In the web posting, Dorner is described as "severely emotionally and mentally disturbed," 'twisted" and "super paranoid." It also said he flashed his police badge on their first date, lives with his mother and hates himself for being black — at one point asking her to act more like a white woman.

"Just be careful because this guy is a police officer and he will probably think that he can get away with anything. ... If you value your sanity, stay away from this guy." Dorner claimed Williams was harassing him and sent a threatening letter to his home. He asked that she also stay away from his mother and sister. In her response, Williams denied Dorner's allegations.

Records show Dorner did not show up at a hearing in November 2006 and the case was terminated. She could not be reached to comment. Her attorney, Stephen G. Rodriguez, did not return a call or email seeking comment. In 2008, after Dorner was deployed to Bahrain with the Navy Reserves, he returned to the LAPD and began to patrol with his training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans. He had worked for just four months after his graduation from the academy before being sent overseas.

In internal police papers, Evans said Dorner repeatedly asked why he was being put back on patrol without reintegration training. On one occasion, he began weeping in the patrol car and demanded to be taken back to the police academy to be retrained, according to a summary of an interview with Evans contained in 2009 court documents.

Evans warned Dorner that she would give him an unsatisfactory rating and request that he be removed from the field unless he improved. A day after she followed up on her threat with a poor review, Dorner reported to internal affairs that Evans had kicked a severely mentally ill man in the chest and left cheek during an arrest.

A police review panel ultimately found the allegation untrue and Dorner was fired for making a false statement. In the manifesto, Dorner said the LAPD destroyed his life, ruined his relationships with his mother and sister and harmed his military career.

Those types of statements don't surprise O'Toole, the former FBI profiler, who said narcissists feel intense shame and humiliation when outside events challenge their perception of themselves.

"He's somebody I call an injustice collector," she said. "When they respond to an injustice that they think is out there, their reaction is completely over the top."

by Anonymousreply 5002/10/2013

Forgot the link.

by Anonymousreply 5102/10/2013

Dorner manhunt: $1-million reward expected to be offered

February 10, 2013 | 10:01 am

Elected officials and law enforcement authorities on Sunday are expected to offer a $1-million reward for information leading to the arrest and capture of fugitive ex-cop Christopher Jordan Dorner.

A massive manhunt for Dorner began last week after the 33-year-old former Los Angeles police officer and Navy veteran allegedly began a deadly campaign that has left three people dead and two others injured. Dorner is believed to be upset over his firing from the department in 2009.

The city of Los Angeles, law enforcement organizations, private groups and anonymous donors have all contributed to the reward fund, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation. Authorities have already raised $500,000 with a goal of $1 million or more.

Los Angeles County Supervisors Mike Antonovich and Mark Ridley Thomas are also expected to ask the board Tuesday to contribute $100,000 toward the reward fund, according to Tony Bell, an Antonovich spokesman.

The reward announcement is expected at Sunday's 1 p.m. news conference at Los Angeles Police Department headquarters. The news conference will be attended by law enforcement officials from Los Angeles, Riverside and Irvine, according to a statement. Officials from the FBI and U.S. marshal's office will be on hand.

by Anonymousreply 5202/10/2013

Isn't this enormous sum just playing into his hands by swelling his head further? His notoriety is just as important to him now.

The authorities have had enough problems with false sightings and misleading tips as it is; this could only increase the volume.

by Anonymousreply 5302/10/2013

The other thread is back

by Anonymousreply 5402/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!