Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you know any nudists?

Is nudism openly accepted anywhere in America or are nudists on the down low?

There's a nudist beach/river somewhere here in Austin. I don't know if they're pervs or serious naturalists. Are nudists generally gay-friendly?

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

I used to work with a guy who claimed to be a card-carrying nudist, whatever that meant. He was an odd one. Very cute and I thought he might be gay when I first met him but then I saw the "Rush Is Right" bumper sticker on his car and heard some of his weird opinions on things and figured out he was just an entitled libertarian douchebag.

I will say he would have been one I wouldn't mind seeing nude. Cute face and trim body.

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2013

The nude beach near Austin is Hippie Hollow on Lake Travis. Went there years ago. Yes there were many nude people. Mostly old men and small groups of what appeared to be straight younger redneck men. Then came the large older women. Every now and again you would see a hot young woman. She would be with a guy, have her arms covering up what she could appearing to be there for him rather than by choice. So, you have half of the people are nude and then there are an equal number of old guys creeping through the tree cover near the water with binoculars getting their thrill looking at naked people. Neither sexy or comfortable, more a freak and peep show.

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2013

I suspect true nudists are only 25% of the nudist population - the rest are oglers.

Despite what they say there's an underlying interest in viewing others bodies.

I'm not against it - I just don't believe there's no sexual part to it.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2013

I don't know if my friends and I could be considered nudists; we drive up to a nude beach about a dozen or so times every year. It's an hour away. Apart from that, we don't participate in any nudist activities. We do like going to the beach though; it's beautiful, and there is some great eye candy some times.

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

Is one a nudist if one goes to a nude beach in the summer? If so, then that would be me.

We have--Black's Beach--a great big beautiful and legal nude beach here in San Diego, California. I have been going there for 25 years. I wear plenty of sunblock; I often sit under a big beach umbrella, etc. But I am nude when I'm there on the weekends, mostly on Sunday for tow to three months in the summer.

I also like hanging out nude periodically at a gay local bathhouse and a separate Korean spa.

And I've been to several nude beaches around the world.

Does all this qualify me as a nudist?

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

I spent my childhood as a nudist. Our camp was family-friendly. When a bunch of single men joined up, we stopped going.

I've had a lifetime love of being nude (it's just more comfortable) and am frequently nude at home. My eco-villain part is I still go nude sometimes in winter and crank up the heat.

I go to a popular local hotsprings nude. It's easier than carting around a wet swimsuit later, and it seems like to wear one just shows everyone I have issues rather than pride in myself (most are nude).

Do I like looking at other nudes? Absolutely. I'm visually oriented, but for me it's not usually sexual. But I also like being nude separate from looking. I'm not an exhibitionist and don't enjoy being ogled.

I can't speak for most nudists, because it depends on the setting and the region. Where I live, it's just normal people usually. But yeah, everyone notices better-looking people. I'm going to guess that most nudists are not gorgeous, but regular people. That's my experience.

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

I like being naked with other men when and where it is appropriate to be naked with other men. In the rural area where I grew up, men never gave a second thought about being naked with other men, but you would be arrested for indecent exposure if you let women see you naked. This makes me uncomfortable at a nude beach with mixed company, but I have gone to them before. When I was growing up, there were swimming holes for mixed company, where you had to wear trunks, and there was Rocky Bottom, a secluded place on the river where the men and boys swam naked. In those days, women stayed in and around the house, and there was lots of dirty work on the farm where we would shuck our clothes, and then wash each other with a water hose after finishing the dirty job. I always enjoyed the Phys Ed classes, and the baseball games after which we all took showers together and enjoyed horse-play. I don't like places where there is public sex going on, but I love to work out at the gym, and take open relaxing showers with the other men afterward. But that is ruined now, with either the young men acting like they are afraid of being raped if someone sees his naked ass, or else public sucking and fucking all around you.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013

Years ago my boyfriend was a cook and house boy for the wealthy aunt of a famous movie star, think cape. I was often at the house with him and when she and here friends went swimming she would always say, "please keep people away from the pool, we swim nude". were talking people in their 70's, I always thought it was funny

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.