Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dr. Drew, Was He A Former Homophobe?

I thought he was back in the 90s with his "Loveline" show. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2013

He's also been resolutely anti-marijuana ever since the Loveline days. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2013

I use to watch that show but the only homophobic comment I remember was from Adam Corolla saying he didn't understand gay sex, "all the hair and swabbing back the poo" as he put it.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2013

Totally was and still is.

He said really outrageous things about gay sex.

He's out for the money and has only altered due to changes in society.

He's a complete asshole. He's an expert on both sex and now drug addiction?

He will do anything to be on TV. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

Sex advice columnist Dan Savage hates Dr. Drew.

When asked, "How do you make anal sex more comfortable for women?" by Marie Claire magazine, Dr. Drew Pinsky said, "Don't do it. Your butt will leak when you’re old." (I am paraphrasing.) My question: Is Dr. Drew homophobic?

Dr. Drew isn't a homophobe. He's an asshole-o-phobe—and a BDSM-o-phobe, a premarital-sex-o-phobe, a three-way-o-phobe, etc. Basically, when it comes to human sexuality, there's not a lot of daylight between Dr. Drew and Pope Benedict XVI. And I'll let you in on a little secret: Odds are good that your ass is going to leak when you're old, anyway--I'll betcha the pope's ass is leaking all over the throne of St. Peter right now--so you might as well enjoy it while you can.

When Sue Johanson was here, she spoke against trying anal sex, due to damages, etc. What would you tell people?

I would tell people to refrain from fucking Sue Johanson in the ass--and please don't fuck Dr. Drew's ass, either. They both seem as terrified of anal sex as they are ignorant about it--and tense, inept people can hurt themselves engaging in anal sex. And if their asses start to leak in old age, I don't want either of them to be able to pin the blame on anal sex.

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

Ever notice how he has NO sense of humor? Whenever someone says something funny he has to do this incredibly awkward fake laugh that is totally unconvincing. It creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

He says homosexuality comes from past sexual abuse whether molestation or other trauma.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013

Wow, I didn't know all this about him, I just always hated him because he doesn't like pot. FUCK HIM.

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

LOL, I was on a pilot episode of Lovelines, and I thought Dr. Drew pinged to high heaven, and my gaydar is really, really weak. He's supposed to be straight???

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2013

[quote]Sex advice columnist Dan Savage hates Dr. Drew.

And that means what, exactly? Dan Savage is a fucked-up asshole.

All you people like R7, please provide a link to back up your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

I never heard any of this. I used to listen to the radio show in the 90s with the original host and creator, Jim "The Poorman" Trenton.

Asshole, yes. Homophobe, Not really.

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013

Closet. Case.

by Anonymousreply 1302/09/2013

I know nothing about Dr. Drew, R11, but what I know about Dan Savage makes me think he's a fucked-up asshole, too.

by Anonymousreply 1402/09/2013

[R7] is correct. I was watching the episode of Loveline when Dr. Drew said "in his experience" homosexuality was caused by sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!