Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Have you or a loved one experience a stroke?

What was it like? Share your experiences.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

Bpslzhsh! Shliffffff blughhh bplyzszh! Guhrrrh zhpsflszh glahhhh!

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2013

I tot lly gr ith r nd h v us of my right h n, but only on ring r on my l ft. J rking off is not a h ll ng .

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2013

My mother suffered a slight stroke which left her, if I may be frank, a complete burden.

by Anonymousreply 302/09/2013

I had a coworker who'd had a stroke as a teenager and he was a great guy if a little eccentric.

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

Eldergay thread.

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

[quote]Eldergay thread.

Actually, it isn't. The gay meth epidemic is snuffing 30 & 40 year olds through hemorrhagic stroke because crystal causes micro arterial lesions.

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

I had one. So awful to have your mind stop working properly. I said words, but other words came out. Felt like #5, the robot; I needed INPUT and demanded that my brother who was there ask me questions! Didn't last too long. The only effect which lasted was difficulty in remembering nouns sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013

A close family member had one. It was frightening. She was conscious but made no sense and didn't recognize us.

by Anonymousreply 802/09/2013

Which makes it an elder gay thread. It's for elders or gays or elder AND gay.

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2013

Friend, mid-30s. Crystal. Life support turned off after the scan showed too much damage. They're always in a hurry these days to free up intensive care beds. No one gets to be Sunny von Bulow unless they have the money of Sunny von Bulow.

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2013

My BFF had one 6 months ago. She was overweight, diabetic, had high blood pressure and works in the health field! But she didn't take care of herself. One day, she had a bad headache but ignored it. The next day, she came to work and was unusually forgetful and couldn't finish her sentences. We rushed her to ER where they confirmed a stroke but it already damaged parts of her brain. There is no residual weakness in her arms or legs but the part of her brain that recognizes and performs complex tasks has been irreversibly damaged. She can't add or subtract; can't do complicated tasks like logging on to a website or managing her money or pay her bills--her mind is like a 5 year old's.

It's quite sad because now she's watching her diet, exercising and taking her medication like she's supposed to do and should have done to prevent it but now it's too late.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!