Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The LOGO TV show "Noah's Ark"

Do you think it was an accurate representation of the gay black male experience? I recently viewed some episodes on DVD. The writing and acting were pretty amateurish and laughable, but it seemed like a well-intentioned attempt to showcase a subpopulation of gay men that hadn't been showcased previously. On a totally shallow note, some of the guys were really cute, especially the guys who played Noah's and Alex's bfs.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013

ARC,not ARK.

by Anonymousreply 102/08/2013

[quote]Do you think it was an accurate representation of the gay black male experience?

Miss, with all due respect, I have my own problems.

by Anonymousreply 202/08/2013

That show was over flowing with texturizer.

by Anonymousreply 302/08/2013

I loved the show for the Sex & City feel of it, but what do I know. I'm a straight black chick.

by Anonymousreply 402/09/2013

Way too many nelly guys. Made it seem like relationships are all about nelly guys getting with ultra-masculine ones.

by Anonymousreply 502/09/2013

I miss the show, but the acting was pretty bad. Had a soap vibe to it, but it did give us an opportunity to see black gay out characters on TV. The movie was pretty good too.

by Anonymousreply 602/09/2013

It was a low budget disaster about gay black people. Of course everybody hated it, because it didn't met the high expectations of anybody who considers to have taste and takes every representation of gay people so very personal.

by Anonymousreply 702/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.