Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bumping into people you knew from high school

How often do you bump into your high school classmates? I've bumped into a couple in the past few months.

by Anonymousreply 4011/27/2013

I bumped into Tiffani Thiessen's fat face yesterday. She was two states away but I still bumped into that massive face.

by Anonymousreply 102/08/2013

You still live close to home, OP? Pity. The world is so huge and exciting. What use is sitting alone in your room?

by Anonymousreply 202/08/2013

I'm from a very small town and when I go home to visit at least twice a year I inevitably run into old high school classmates at the local bar, the grocery store, etc. The funny thing is how the people who never gave me the time of day in high school now walk right up to me and pretend like we actually knew each other. It's so weird.

by Anonymousreply 402/08/2013

None. I moved half a continent away.

by Anonymousreply 502/08/2013

I live 1000 miles from my high school, but I recently learned that a guy I had the hots for in high school now practices law just about 7 blocks south of my apartment building. I refuse to give him a call, though. We're both old now and what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 602/08/2013

never

by Anonymousreply 702/08/2013

One you reach 50, you will no longer recognize people you went to high school with. Unless you all live in the same town and see each other frequently.

by Anonymousreply 802/08/2013

I moved from Australia to London, and one day bumped into the a guy from high school at Piccadilly Circus. He was the most handsome jock, but a real homophobic jerk who made fun of me at school. He was new to the UK, I had lived there for a few years , and he was all over me wanting to talk, go for a drink, and, did I have my own apartment. How obvious. I took some delight in telling him that I did live on the Kings Road in Chelsea ( a good address) but had to dash off to work. Not nice, I know, but it did feel good.

by Anonymousreply 902/09/2013

Maybe it's just me, but the Tiffani Thiessen's fat face troll is my new favorite Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2013

I bump into people I knew in high school every time I drive my car.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

Hardly ever. I live pretty far away from where I grew up, and haven't run into any who lived there or were visiting. Very occasionally I'll bump into someone when I'm visiting my parents, as they live in the state where I grew up, but not in the same city.

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013

Mine too, R10.

by Anonymousreply 1302/09/2013

R2's cuntitude is belabored and dull. Too much traveling from dick to dick left her with throat cancer.

by Anonymousreply 1402/09/2013

I saw someone I went to junior high school with when I was at home for Christmas. She had been sort of a bitch to me 40 years or so before, so I was very pleased at seeing that she was fat and old.

I conveniently ignored the fact that I might have gotten older and uglier as well.

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2013

Sometimes it's difficult to pass the time of day.

To acknowledge and acquaintance, with something witty, smart, or gay.

Sometimes I simply look the other way.

by Anonymousreply 1602/09/2013

*an

by Anonymousreply 1702/09/2013

Never but last year I went home for my 10th year high school reunion and my massive crush in high school Marcus was there. And he was still hot as fuckkk. Riduculous.

by Anonymousreply 1802/09/2013

I do occasionally when I go home to visit, which is about once or twice a year. It's getting awkward, though. The last couple times I didn't recognize the people who came up and started talking to me. They both said I pretty much looked the same except for the gray hair. What do you say back when you don't even know who they are?

by Anonymousreply 1902/09/2013

I'd ignore them. Hell, I wouldn't even talk to people from high school when we'd cross paths on campus during my college years. I hated most of those assholes.

by Anonymousreply 2002/09/2013

I would like to see a few of them. I miss a few of the people I went to high school with. The guy that I was in love with since middle school and high school the most. I still think of him all the time.

by Anonymousreply 2102/09/2013

Having moved across the country, I never bump into people from high school. When I visit home, I try to stay for as short a period as possible, and since most of my friends are from college and we all moved away, I avoid even going places that I would run into any high school classmates. But occasionally I've seen someone, and given the way that they treated me in high school, I just avoid them. But it is odd the way that they come up to you and start talking like you're long-lost friends. These are children who made fun of the way I dressed (fashion forward; if I was wearing it one Spring, they were all wearing it the next), the way I slung my backpack over one shoulder, you name it.

But, there was a guy I had a crush on in the 9th grade, God was he hot. Jock, blond, handsome, smart... Anyway, in my last semester of college, I had to take an elective outside my major to fulfill a requirement meant for first year students that I had skipped in my haste to prove myself. So, it was an art class, and the first day I walked in and there he was. His name was Tom, and he was still just as much the stud, only grown up and sexy as fuck. And, there was only one seat left, right next to him. I might as well have been 13 again, my pulse was racing, I got nervous, and could barely squeak out a "hello" when I sat down. He was there for the same reason, and as the class progressed, as the only two seniors in a class full of freshmen, we got to know each other, worked on a couple of projects together, critiqued each other's work. I finally got up the nerve to tell him about my old crush. He told me he knew and was flattered, but had a girlfriend, was straight... And a couple of days before the end of the class, he cornered me in the supply closet, apologized for being such an asshole in high school, and gave me one of the most romantic kisses I have ever had. I could feel his heart pounding in his chest when he did it, and he was bright red when we walked out of the closet (ha!).

Sadly, he got in a car accident that summer and was killed. The girlfriend nearly died as well. I don't know what became of her. But in retrospect, I wonder if he somehow knew he was going to die. I mean, kissing me in the closet was so far outside his comfort zone, and was such a risk for him. Even the circumstance of him being in that class, then, was such a weird coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 2202/09/2013

I try not to be bitter about it, but it wasn't a happy time in my life so I tend to ignore people from high school as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 2302/09/2013

Never. I moved away from home and have seen only one who is a close friend, but that was arranged and intentional. Now, it's 35 years later and I don't see anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 2402/10/2013

I bumped into a girl I knew from high school, but then she died.

by Anonymousreply 2502/10/2013

I still have a couple friends from high school. The rest I'd rather not think about. If I bumped into them I suppose I would be pleasant but not too pleasant. If you didn't make an effort to be nice to me in high school why the fuck should I give you the time of day now? I will also never attend a reunion, I'd prefer to imagine how boring some of their lives have turned out to be.

by Anonymousreply 2602/10/2013

I graduated with 600 other people, but I've only run into a three since high school.

Two were bright, sunshiny people who knew everyone's business. Unfortunately, I didn't remember any of the names they mentioned.

Perhaps I shouldn't have smoked so much ditch weed.

I did run into our school's version of Jasmine Guy - same eyes, chin, and voice. Our version didn't get fat when she turned 40.

by Anonymousreply 2702/10/2013

I live about 300 miles from my h.s. so I don't bump into anyone from h.s. around here. However, when visiting NYC (900 miles from my h.s.), I've bumped into classmates on four different occasions - three times just walking on 5th Ave. and one time in the Village.

by Anonymousreply 2802/11/2013

I'd get that will in order. Life goes full circle and the next thing you will be seeing are ones that have passed before you.

by Anonymousreply 2902/11/2013

I love that story, r22. Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 3002/11/2013

Article on the topic

by Anonymousreply 3111/26/2013

Yes, and I gave her an amazing licking. She still harasses me on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 3211/26/2013

Any bumping into people you knew from high school - then fucking them?

by Anonymousreply 3311/26/2013

[quote] How often do you bump into your high school classmates?

Never

by Anonymousreply 3411/26/2013

Never.

I got the hell out of there asap after high school.

I did go back for the 20th reunion though, and I was glad I did.

The hottest guy in HS was the hottest guy at the reunion, single and a fighter-pilot. He wore his uniform to the reunion. oh my gawd.

I thought it was sweet that someone brought their mother with them... until I realized it was one of my former classmates. Ouch! Though several of the girls had become real beauties and some of the guys were quite handsome.

It was interesting to see who had excelled and who didn't, and how some of the stereotypical stories played out in real life, such as the football captain becoming nothing but a bald middle-class bore.

by Anonymousreply 3511/26/2013

My mother made me go to a catholic high school an hour away from where I lived. I was the only kid from my town who went to school there. The day I graduated high school was the last time I ever saw anyone who went to high school with me.

I had s group of cousins I was tight with as a child but when my mother made me go so far away from home I rarely saw them.

It breaks my mother's heart that I am not Catholic anymore. Good. She still sees people she went to grade school with. They get together for lunch. She robbed me of that kind of life experience.

by Anonymousreply 3611/26/2013

Never. I'm certain they're all in prison. I got the fuck out of Dodge as soon as I could, and I wouldn't piss on anyone I went to high school with if they were on fire.

by Anonymousreply 3711/26/2013

they are all dead (except for Sue Snell)

by Anonymousreply 3811/26/2013

I live nowhere near where I went to high school (two different states) and I lived in Europe since then so, no, I never see my high school mates. ever. That's what Facebook is for.

by Anonymousreply 3911/26/2013

One of them is married and manager of the gym. He pretended not to know me.

by Anonymousreply 4011/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.