Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lance Bass Slams Chris Brown: ‘The ‘F’ Word Is Just Like Calling You The ‘N’ Word’

ONTD, of course, is outraged that a cracker is linking the two.

---

Lance Bass is calling Chris Brown out — about a certain word the R&B star should toss from his vernacular.

After a history of the letting the word “f**got” fly, whether it be in his hit “Look At Me Now” or an alleged attack on a fan, Brown has again come under fire for the homophobic slur. In the wake of Brown’s brawl with hip-hop artist Frank Ocean in late January, Ocean — who came out in late July — revealed to investigators that he was called the “f” word by a member of Breezy’s crew during the fray. And that simply doesn’t sit well with the openly gay Bass.

“Calling people faggot and that stuff, I mean, he may not even mean what he means, but it’s a derogatory term that people throw out there and without even knowing why they are saying it,” Bass told Celebuzz. “But when it comes to Frank Ocean and knowing that he’s … very out … it was definitely meant to hurt him. It’s never good to throw those words out there that mean so much.”

And it upsets Bass all the more that the slur is being thrown around by a minority.

“[Brown] should understand that being a black man himself. He should know that the F word is just like calling you the N word in a very derogatory way,” Bass said. “When you come from a minority like that, being gay or black or whatever, it’s like there should be an understanding, like we all get each other. But you don’t see that a lot, which is really sad.”

The “f” bomb adds to Brown’s already-lengthy track record of a bloody bar brawl, a foul-languaged Twitter feud, a controversial Halloween costume, and an ever-eyebrow-raising love life. And though Ocean opted not to press charges — and authorities will soon close the clash case — the “Don’t Wake Me Up” singer landed in more hot water Tuesday when the Los Angeles Country district attorney’s office accused him of falsifying court-ordered community service filings

Given Brown’s brushes with the law — dating back to his 2009 felony assault of recently reconciled girlfriend Rihanna — Bass sees the singer striding down a bad path.

“I think there are a lot of people out there that have anger issues, and you can definitely see that in Chris Brown. I hope he gets the help he needs,” said the former ‘N Sync member, who now hosts a live SiriusXM radio show called Dirty Pop with Lance Bass. “I hope Rihanna understands what she is in. I see it happen so many times in couples, where it’s like an abusive relationship and you don’t know it’s an abusive relationship.”

by Anonymousreply 6602/09/2013

It is a double standard to accept the casual use of the f word but prohibit the n word.

Both words have been used to endangered two groups.

by Anonymousreply 102/08/2013

Lance Bass is absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 302/08/2013

What I find hilarious is that Chris Brown is a f**got

by Anonymousreply 402/08/2013

Lance is correct - it's just as hateful, hurtful, insulting and disrespectful. And why? Because both words are used by people who are intending to demean someone else.

by Anonymousreply 602/08/2013

homophobia in the black community must cease. It wounds.

by Anonymousreply 702/08/2013

How come everybody "slams" Chris Brown, but nobody slams Rihanna? For some reason, a lot of gays like the dumb ho, yet even though she's got a big gay fanbase, she chooses to stay with someone who calls people anti-gay slurs on a regular basis. Quit supporting that bitch too.

by Anonymousreply 802/08/2013

Probably lost on rappers because they all use the N word frequently.

by Anonymousreply 902/08/2013

What is ONTD and why is he/she/it outraged?

by Anonymousreply 1002/08/2013

Oh Lance. Don't get upset. Just wait until chris brown murders someone. Then you can send him scathing letters in prison laughing at his predicament and telling him what a piece of shit he is and always has been

by Anonymousreply 1102/08/2013

ONTD hates white privilege. They say that a white person should not be telling blacks when they should be outraged. They hate people using the black community to further their agenda/issue.

by Anonymousreply 1202/08/2013

F is the new N

by Anonymousreply 1402/08/2013

Did not realize that ONTD is racist.

Will stop visiting that website.

by Anonymousreply 1502/08/2013

ONTD is almost as bad as Just Jared when it comes to delusional fangurls.

by Anonymousreply 1602/08/2013

r5 is what's known as an ill-motivated lying piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 1702/08/2013

It's not even close. You can type fag or faggot easily. In fact, in Australia, New Zealand, the UK and a lot of former British places fag means cigarettes.

Faggot is a type of food as well.

You can't even type the "n-word." It's thousands times worse.

by Anonymousreply 1802/08/2013

[R16] They are much worse, because at least JJ fangirls don't pretend to be enlightened and smarter than they are.

by Anonymousreply 2002/08/2013

r18, Lance is discussing America, you dope.

by Anonymousreply 2102/08/2013

R8, since publicly reuniting with Brown (they never really split), Rihanna's popularity has taken a huge hit.

In the "things I never thought I'd type" category: I totally agree with Lance Bass.

by Anonymousreply 2202/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 2402/08/2013

[R18] I'm from New Zealand and I don't think 'fag' is used for cigarette here. It's just a British thing I think.

by Anonymousreply 2602/08/2013

The F word can also mean Fat face as in Fat Face Tiffani Thiessen.

by Anonymousreply 2702/08/2013

I'd have to agree with Lance!

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

[quote]How come everybody "slams" Chris Brown, but nobody slams Rihanna? For some reason, a lot of gays like the dumb ho, yet even though she's got a big gay fanbase

You must be new here. Type Rihanna into the search bar and see what you find.

I love it when Google searches lead presumptuous, dumb fucks here.

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

Hold up, Frank Ocean never confirmed that he was either gay or bisexual. When asked the question, he says he refuses to answer. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 3002/08/2013

Frank got pulled over for having another dude blow him while was driving.

Lance is right.

by Anonymousreply 3302/08/2013

Link, r33.

by Anonymousreply 3402/08/2013

I agree with Lance, its the same thing as youth saying "that's so gay" when describing something stupid. Imagine saying "that's so black" to describe something bad.

by Anonymousreply 3502/08/2013

R37, This thread is about Chris Brown and how horribly he has been treated. No excuse for it.

by Anonymousreply 3802/08/2013

From Suburgatory's Dallas Royce, while pondering her life:

"And then it hit me like Chris Brown!"

by Anonymousreply 3902/08/2013

r37...please fuck off and die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 4002/08/2013

R37 is tetched in the head.

You often see this mindset in people of mixed-race backgrounds.

I call it the "So close, but yet so far" syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 4102/08/2013

Before you fuck off and die in a grease fire, R37, it's worth noting that of the words you chose to list, only "cunt" is actually acceptable.

So stop being such a cunt. Stop being such a dick. Stop being such a prick.

by Anonymousreply 4202/08/2013

Words can hurt. Know your audience and choose your words wisely.

by Anonymousreply 4302/08/2013

LOL, clearly I have made some people angry here. Must be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 4402/08/2013

Chris Brown is as worthless a piece of shit as Rush Limbaugh is.

by Anonymousreply 4502/08/2013

"LOL, clearly I have made some people angry here. Must be doing something right."

Honey, we all know that's always been your motivation. I guess it's progress that you've dropped the pretense of self-righteousness.

by Anonymousreply 4602/08/2013

R39 I love Dallas!

by Anonymousreply 4702/08/2013

R37 is right and you know it. *cue the fake white male outrage* Oh, how oppressed you all are. lol

by Anonymousreply 4802/08/2013

ONTD, like most places with overly PC libs, have a pecking order, and gays are below blacks on that chain. They supposedly support both, but in a dispute between the two, they take the side of the blacks always.

by Anonymousreply 4902/08/2013

Catch a break from what, R23?

by Anonymousreply 5002/09/2013

What we casually forget is that not the word alone matters but the intent why the word was said or used in the first place in that very moment or context and what matters even more is the relationship status of the guys who exchange these kind of words.

Obviously Chris said it to hurt, to humiliate, or to intimidate. This wasn't a 'bitch, please' / 'nigga, please' type of situation where friends banter with each other inside their own comfort zone.

We allow our close friends to disrespect and tease us in a playful manner that we wouldn't allow strangers or enemies to address us in any situation.

Boundaries exist for a reason. When you cross them you've got a problem.

by Anonymousreply 5102/09/2013

Lance is right. He'll get criticized by the political correctness police, but I agree with him. Words with such loaded meanings shouldn't be used so casually.

by Anonymousreply 5202/09/2013

Outraged white queens. Gotta love it.

by Anonymousreply 5302/09/2013

News flash!!! Amanda Bynes calls Jay-Z "Ugly Face" on Twitter!

OMG!!

by Anonymousreply 5402/09/2013

Well, he ugly R54. He really is.

by Anonymousreply 5502/09/2013

I still want to know what R23 is referring to you. I have an idea, but I'm hoping he's honest.

by Anonymousreply 5602/09/2013

Poor Chris. This shit has to stop. Let it go lesbians. Wish Chris would start giving this shit back. He's paid more than enough. especially for something they both did.

by Anonymousreply 5702/09/2013

Who the hell is Amanda Bynes?

by Anonymousreply 5802/09/2013

True R53, most of the people on DL go around saying the N word and dogging black people 24/7, starting threads to dog black folks.

by Anonymousreply 5902/09/2013

Nothing good will come from any of this.

by Anonymousreply 6002/09/2013

They don't dog gay people on DL, R59?

by Anonymousreply 6102/09/2013

Rihanna IN COURT with Chris and his mother on Wednesday

by Anonymousreply 6202/09/2013

WTF? Is she doing there? Wasn't that for abusing her?

Stupid woman.

by Anonymousreply 6302/09/2013

Hatred and epitaphs against gays and blacks wound all. This is the same anger and aggression that society uses against women. Misogyny kills women. Racism kills women. Homophobia kills women.

Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 6402/09/2013

Lance Bass is tired and didn't even get an invite to Justin's wedding. There's a thread about him, why?

by Anonymousreply 6502/09/2013

Lance is right but so is R37.

by Anonymousreply 6602/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!