Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Thanks to me, there's now a woman in Kansas having a terrible day.

Background: I work for an e-com company. We have several sites, some are B2B, some are not. Our customer service manager has been out all this week so me and other managers from different departments have been pitching in to cover her work. For the most part, I've only had to deal with the more complicated issues, such as the call from a woman in Kansas. She came at me with both guns blazing, hollering about a charge from us which she never authorized appearing on her credit card statement. She wanted ALL the money returned before the end of business that day. I told her we could do that but if her credit card was stolen and she reported that, then the card would be canceled and the process of refunding the money is made more complicated, it certainly would not be completed by 5pm. That is when she let on that the charge was actually a result of her 17 year old son using her card without her permission, so no, she had not reported it stolen. That, of course, changes everything. I told her if she wished to send the item back she could and we would issue her a credit on the merchandise only. That was not good enough for her, she wanted ALL the money back NOW and if it didn't happen, she was going to dispute the charge through the credit card company. I let her know that she was free to do that however without the merchandise being returned, we would challenge the charge back and it would be revealed that it was her son who made the charge. But I warned her, "what the bank or the authorities want to do with that information is up to them". She asked what did I mean by authorities and I told her that basically her son had broken the law. He used a credit card he was not authorized to use to purchase something on line. Thats illegal. Also, he bought a product which is illegal for minors to possess (a tobacco product). Now she really started to freak out. She realized initiating a charge back would cause more trouble than she needed, she still would not let go about getting her money back. "I don't think I should be out this money!" I told her I agreed and that if she wanted the money back she could return the merchandise or get the money from her son. Apparently, teaching her son that his actions have consequences is far more than this woman could comprehend and she was now in full rage mode. In her last, desperate attempt, she claimed that since the products we sell are prohibited for minors, and since a minor can very easily order it from us anyway, we failed at our obligation and so, we should refund the money as we did not safe guard the sale was not going to a minor. Reading the name on the order, I asked her who John was. That was her husband she answered, but why did I need to know? "Well, John is the name on the order. We have an age verification system to prevent minors from ordering, but it looks like your son used your husbands identity to get around that. You can now add identity theft to the other crimes your son has committed." After sputtering a little bit, she angrily informed she had to go to work and hung up.

So now, some self instilled douche is having a terrible day. She had a complete stranger present her with the evidence that her precious prince of a son is really a no-good scamming bum. She tried to bully me into doing what she wanted and all she got back was my inference that she is a bad parent. Have a nice weekend, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10102/09/2013

You are my hero for the day!

by Anonymousreply 102/08/2013

Great job!

by Anonymousreply 202/08/2013

OP: Salute!

by Anonymousreply 302/08/2013

tl; dr

by Anonymousreply 402/08/2013

Kudos to you, OP, for not using the word "frau" in your anecdote. Kudos.

by Anonymousreply 502/08/2013

He sounds like an Exceptionally Stupid Teenager, but bravo, OP, BRAH-VO.

by Anonymousreply 602/08/2013

Fantastic, but honey, paragraph breaks. Please.

by Anonymousreply 702/08/2013

I would like to add a thank you that you have not shipped your customer service to a foreign country. I go berserk when I have to continually repeat things because the person on the other end is having trouble with English.

by Anonymousreply 802/08/2013

[quote]Fantastic, but honey, paragraph breaks. Please.

Proper pronoun usage would've helped as well.

[quote]Our customer service manager has been out all this week so me and other managers from different departments have been pitching in to cover her work.

by Anonymousreply 902/08/2013

One thing I forgot to add. When she told me it was her son, she did it in a lighthearted way, adding something like, "you know how teenagers can be." It was as if her raising a child who was dishonest and irresponsible was really not her fault and neither she nor her son should be held accountable. There was no question the anger she should be directing at her kid she was instead heaving on me. I think that I so clearly was not intimidated by her made her even more angry.

by Anonymousreply 1002/08/2013

Bravo, OP!! At some point towards the end of the conversation you should have reminded her that CS calls are routinely recorded, so everything she was sputtering about and insisting didn't happen was on record.

She probably would have stroked out.

by Anonymousreply 1102/08/2013

[quote]He sounds like an Exceptionally Stupid Teenager, but bravo, OP, BRAH-VO.

Your EST-accusation is so very, very clever, r6. No doubt the webmaster, who said he doesn't want Elaborate Scenario-accusations, didn't even notice this one. BRAH-VO!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1202/08/2013

OP, you are a fucking asshole. However, let us hope the karma comes back on you - tenfold.

There is a reason why you are in a lowly customer disservice job.

by Anonymousreply 1302/08/2013

OP is a hero, leave him alone!

by Anonymousreply 1402/08/2013

I see the bitter fraus have arrived @R13.

by Anonymousreply 1502/08/2013

[quote]OP is a hero

America is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 1602/08/2013

R13 I dont know why, but I really dont care what you think. Maybe because your post gives away the fact that you didn't fully comprehend what you read? Or maybe your post hints that you too dont have a credit card and have to scam others to get the things you want? When you defend someone who is self entitled and dishonest it can only lead to one conclusion about what kind of person you are.

But I do hope whatever karma one gets for preventing someone from ripping off others does come ten fold. That would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 1702/08/2013

You cared enough to respond and make amusing accusations.

I comprehended your self-involved rant but was pointing out the flaws in your character. Enjoy your time on the phone doing such important work.

Oh and r15 - not a frau. Some gay men are actually reasonable human beings who do not actively hate women - you should consider it some time.

by Anonymousreply 1802/08/2013

OP I applaud you.

Heads up: Your CSM may give you flack though about being "too confrontational" when he/she returns.

by Anonymousreply 1902/08/2013

[R13] Exactly what a con artist would say.

by Anonymousreply 2002/08/2013

I would not have objected to a "Frau Gets Comeuppance" headline.

by Anonymousreply 2102/08/2013

I'd be interested to know exactly what R13 thinks is wrong about what the OP did and what makes OP an "asshole," but since R13 him/herself is clearly the one who's the asshole, I very much doubt that s/he will be able to explain it. Wanna try, R13?

by Anonymousreply 2202/08/2013

R19 Im not worried about the CSM. For one thing, she's not my boss, in fact, I actually out rank her. Also, I did tell the president about it and he laughed, adding the hint that law enforcement may get involved is a smart move.

R18 That you defend a person who scams and steals tells us all we need to know about you.

by Anonymousreply 2302/08/2013

Good job OP. I hate these whining, entitled acting people who think others should go out of their way to take care of the results of their bad parenting and their precious children's bad behavior.

BTW - what did the bratling buy?

by Anonymousreply 2402/08/2013

The customer is NOT always right.

by Anonymousreply 2502/08/2013

r24 it sounds like he bought a bong, am I right OP?

by Anonymousreply 2602/08/2013

OP, you sound like my friend Julie.

by Anonymousreply 2702/08/2013

R26 he bought cigar wraps, so yes, it is a tobacco product, but chances are he was not going to use it for tobacco. I guess I could add that to another reason she was pissed off. Her sweet innocent boy is also a stoner.

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

LMAO! R28.

You're my hero!

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

Maybe the brat needs to share the good stuff with his mom; might make getting that stick out her ass a little easier

by Anonymousreply 3002/08/2013

Congrats, OP! You're a corporate whore! Way to go, protecting your corporation. I'm sure you'll get a raise or a massive bonus and a gold plaque.

by Anonymousreply 3102/08/2013

You're a nutski, R31!

by Anonymousreply 3202/08/2013

R31 From your lips to god's ears! Although, they treat me pretty sweet here already.

by Anonymousreply 3302/08/2013

She's probably been in denial about her son for years through all kinds of bad behavior. Hopefully people like OP who don't aid and abet her will make her stop.

I wonder how many other things like this he has done and gotten away with. It sounds like the mother's go on the aggressive blame everyone else defense of her son is nothing new.

Why didn't she simply pay the bill and leave everyone else out of it? That's the weird part.

by Anonymousreply 3402/08/2013

My nephew did this to my mother (his grandma). He stole her credit card # and bought video game shit online. My sister (nephew's mom) and my mom found out. Took his video games away for a year, he had to go to my mom's house and mow the lawn, weed, clean the bathroom, etc. at "prisoner's wages" (I think $4 an hour) until the $120 that he charged was paid off. It took him all summer to do it. He was angry at first, but was humbled and contrite by the end. He's a great kid who made a bonehead mistake.

I guarantee you he won't be stealing again.

by Anonymousreply 3502/08/2013

She would have been better off just disputing the charge with her credit card company.

It is grounds for dispute if you don't recognize / didn't authorize a charge.

She likely called OP's company as a courtesy to save the company the chargeback fee they otherwise would be assessed by the credit card company. That's the only reason I'd bother calling the vendor under these facts.

Of course, OP taught her that no good deed goes unpunished.

And, even if this had been a scam...how much money are we talking about? It is a bit depressing that OP derived such satisfaction from such petty bullshit.

If you are going to be such a prissy schoolmarm, OP, you need to get a more high-powered career.

Put your OCD energies into something that matters.

by Anonymousreply 3602/08/2013

Ain't nobody got time to read that mess!

by Anonymousreply 3702/08/2013

[quote] That is when she let on that the charge was actually a result of her 17 year old son using her card without her permission, so no, she had not reported it stolen.

After that I would have shut her down immediately by telling her you have to notify the authorities if you find out their is an unauthorized charge on someone's account. I'd make it sound like it's a law that you have to call the police

I used to do this all the time when I worked in a pharmacy and people would say they lost their narcotic prescriptions. It cuts down on the bullshit right away. If someone legitimately lost their meds they shouldn't care if I call the police or their Dr. If someone at their house stole their meds they don't want anyone to call the police or their Dr. But, you can't say it's the law. If you say that you can get in trouble with your employer. You can say to the person that "Once I became aware of an unauthorized fraudulent use on some one's credit card I have to notify the authorities. if they say anything else I tell them I have to do it because a crime occurred

And it is a crime to take some one's medication. So is using some one's credit card with out their permission. If you do this they will break the speed record trying to end the call and end any (supposed) investigation by the authorities. Using some one's credit card is fraud and theft. Doing it on the internet is a federal offence

by Anonymousreply 3802/08/2013

Pump the breaks, R38. There's no way "the authorities" get involved with disputed credit card transactions.

A vendor's report to "the authorities" wouldn't even be based on first-hand knowledge. In other words, a vendor doesn't have standing to say boo to "the authorities" about someone else's credit card account.

Not to mention you are advocating telling a LIE and / or filing a false police report in order to combat someone else's perceived dishonesty.

Isn't that rich.

by Anonymousreply 3902/08/2013

R36 I talked to her on the phone, not you. There was NOTHING friendly about her manner. Her first sentences were demanding and threatening.

Yes, she could have gotten the money back, but she would not have gotten the money back from us. We would have disputed the charge back, shown that it was delivered to her house and she never returned the merchandise. We are off the hook. This is not the first time something like this has happened. In every instance in the past, we were not found at fault. Whether they refunded the customer or not I dont know and I dont care. As long as it didnt come out of our account it really doesn't matter to us. So where would the money come from they give back to her? From the fees they charge all their other customers. Again, there was absolutely nothing that would have prevented her from initiating a charge back, except for the fact that it would reveal some very embarrassing matters.

Additionally, we would have been happy to return her money, all she had to do is return the merchandise she had. She refused to do that. Sorry, as good as business has been, we are not in the position to be giving things away for free to every person who just doesn't feel like paying their bills.

And, my career is high powered enough for me, thank you. Please forgive me if I ignore the business advise coming from someone who thinks its okay to let rude, shifty and dishonest people walk all over you.

by Anonymousreply 4002/08/2013

[quote] However, let us hope the karma comes back on you - tenfold.

So it's completely OK to lie, cheat and say whatever it takes to not pay for something you bought or used?

I'm sure you're the first person to waddle out of your seat to shake a fat finger at someone else and complain how your money subsidizes them, etc. Guess it's only OK when it's for your windfall, right?

by Anonymousreply 4102/08/2013

Sweetie, OP? I totally agree with you in how you handled the caller. But you HAVE to learn how to break up your long, run on paragraphs.

by Anonymousreply 4202/08/2013

[quote]No doubt the webmaster, who said he doesn't want Elaborate Scenario-accusations, didn't even notice this one. BRAH-VO!!!!!!

The webmaster deigned to communicate with us? I missed this.

[quote]There is a reason why you are in a lowly customer disservice job.

[quote]I comprehended your self-involved rant but was pointing out the flaws in your character. Enjoy your time on the phone doing such important work.

I'm not sure how much comprehension is going on here. Or reading, for that matter. Didn't you notice that the OP is not a CS rep? How much effort would it have taken for you to notice this? Please tell us what your important careers are and how you serve people with your sub-par communication skills.

[quote]She likely called OP's company as a courtesy to save the company the chargeback fee they otherwise would be assessed by the credit card company. That's the only reason I'd bother calling the vendor under these facts.

I'm not familiar with the process of chargebacks and fees between CC company. But doesn't it make more sense that she didn't call them because she didn't want them to know the card was being used fraudulently?

by Anonymousreply 4302/08/2013

tl;dnr

by Anonymousreply 4402/08/2013

I cannot believe there are people on the DL today defending this cunt!

by Anonymousreply 4502/08/2013

[quote]She likely called OP's company as a courtesy to save the company the chargeback fee they otherwise would be assessed by the credit card company. That's the only reason I'd bother calling the vendor under these facts.

It seems "likely" she called the OP's company for no such reason. If she'd called the credit card company to dispute the charge, she might have had to come clean that her son was using her card without her permission, which is something she undoubtedly wanted to avoid admitting to them.

by Anonymousreply 4602/08/2013

R40, you need to read more carefully. I never advocated letting anyone walk all over you.

The fact that you read this into my post tells me you are one of those chip-on-the-shoulder types who is constantly looking for insults where there are none.

Which explains why you over-reacted to the woman in the first place.

If you work the dispute line, I would imagine every call involves a sketchy situation. In other words, IT IS YOUR JOB to deal with it. It is not personal.

The woman did not wake up this morning and say, "I'm going to call that sucker OP and finagle some money out of him..."

Now, you are perfectly entitled to become hysterical with every phone call. But, are you accomplishing anything besides ruining your own health?

by Anonymousreply 4702/08/2013

[quote]I cannot believe there are people on the DL today defending this cunt!

The Cheap Lesbian Brigade?

by Anonymousreply 4802/08/2013

[quote] But doesn't it make more sense that she didn't call them because she didn't want them to know the card was being used fraudulently?

Exactly. Typically when a person wants to dispute a charge, they dont call the company that charged them, they call their credit card company. We dont get charge backs very often, but when we do, they come with no warning and are almost always from stupid people who dont remember making the purchase. My guess is this was not the first time her son has done this (she actually in her hysterics mentioned he had made other charges on other sites using her card). So she knows the drill. Who knows, perhaps she disputed one of his charges before and once the CC company learned the truth, they raised her rates or cancelled the card outright. She may have been trying to avoid that happening again.

by Anonymousreply 4902/08/2013

[quote] Pump the breaks

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5002/08/2013

[quote]Which explains why you over-reacted to the woman in the first place

[quote]The woman did not wake up this morning and say, "I'm going to call that sucker OP and finagle some money out of him..."

You're making some assumptions here. How do you know this? Why do you assume what the OP's tone of voice and choice of words were in the conversation? Why do you assume he uses a Datalounge persona in his professional communications? It's a retelling of what happened not audio recording or a verbatim transcript.

by Anonymousreply 5102/08/2013

R41 thanks for playing. I never advocated door thieves or cheats and you do realise you are taking your position from an unedited rant by OP.

The fact is I like to defend all human beings and part of that belief is calling out nasty pieces of work (based on his own testimony) like OP. None of that means I condone theft or ill treatment of customer service staff.

R36 thank you for showing not all DL denizens are venal bastards!

by Anonymousreply 5202/08/2013

R47 Again, as you weren't there, you probably should hold back on assuming what happened. I didn't over react. I was very kind and courteous with her, something that seemed to get her more infuriated as the call progressed. As far as ruining my health? Just got my yearly check up done and as usual, everything is excellent. But thank you for your concern. I will file that away with all the other notes from people who dont know what they are talking about.

by Anonymousreply 5302/08/2013

I like to defend people by attacking them and calling them names.

by Anonymousreply 5402/08/2013

[quote]The fact is I like to defend all human beings and part of that belief is calling out nasty pieces of work (based on his own testimony) like OP.

Holy mackeral! You must be a misanthrope if you inferred that the OP is a "nasty piece of work" on the basis of that post. Seriously. Do you believe in your powers of perception so much that you were able to assess OP's character on the basis of [italic]that[/italic] post? Wow, wow, wow. I'm sorry for the people you encounter IRL if you perceive and behave out there as you have here. I mean the OP actually had a reason to be judgmental; the woman was trying to get money that she is not entitled to.

by Anonymousreply 5502/08/2013

To respond to R51:

How do I know OP overreacted? Read his original post. The entire post is a huge rant / overreaction in response to doing a mundane task it's his job to do.

Whether he expressed his overreaction to the customer or not is irrelevant; he took the time to start a thread on DL for the sole purpose of expressing his overreation.

How do I know the customer was not out to cheat OP? Because the customer does not know OP. Her actions were not personal, as my post clearly states.

I can only assume you are of that hyper-literal, under 21 generation.

by Anonymousreply 5602/08/2013

[quote]How do I know the customer was not out to cheat OP? Because the customer does not know OP. Her actions were not personal, as my post clearly states.

You are quite the narcissist if you believe your powers of perception are so keen as to know the customer's intent.

And since you are assuming that I am hyper-literal, I suggest that you are the one who is being hyper-literal:

Was this not your own phrasing?

[quote]The woman did not wake up this morning and say, "I'm going to call that sucker OP and finagle some money out of him..."

Yes? So I'll change it so it is more to the point:

[quote]The woman did not wake up this morning and say, "I'm going to call that sucker company and finagle some money out of them..."

OK, R56. How do you know the woman didn't want to finagle some money from the company the OP works for?

by Anonymousreply 5702/08/2013

R56 If you spun any faster you could create your own gravitational field. Seriously, you are trying so hard to make this happen and its just not working for you. In fact, its making you look even more foolish.

Having someone yell at you over the phone is not mundane, unless you're used to it. Perhaps you are used to people being hostile to you, if that is so, well, that's kind of sad, but I'm sure you have found a way to cope with it. Just dont assume everyone out there has had the same experience you have had. Most people have not.

If starting a post on DL is over reaction, what is responding to said post again and again and again? I would guess that is REALLY over reacting. And no, I never said her actions were personal, but she was most certainly out to cheat us. Again, she wants her money back, she can return the merchandise. Or she can dispute it with the cc company. Its up to her.

by Anonymousreply 5802/08/2013

Op seems to have trouble understanding it is possible for others to think he is a self-righteous jackass AND ALSO disagree with the customer's actions.

by Anonymousreply 5902/08/2013

Great post, OP. I wouldn't last five minutes in customer service and respect those who do.

by Anonymousreply 6002/08/2013

R59 what would have done differently? Do you think it was wrong to let the woman know that her son could face criminal prosecution if she disputed the charge?

by Anonymousreply 6102/08/2013

And I bet she told the gals at work what a kick in the cunt it was.

by Anonymousreply 6202/08/2013

Darling op, when you work in customer service, taking phone calls from jerks is the job. If you can't take it, get a new job. Though I'd be hard-pressed to think of a job suitable for you if you are this much of a hothouse flower.

by Anonymousreply 6302/08/2013

R63 I dont work in customer service. If you had read the post you would know that. But thank you for your concern.

by Anonymousreply 6402/08/2013

[quote]Op seems to have trouble understanding it is possible for others to think he is a self-righteous jackass AND ALSO disagree with the customer's actions.

Many posters seem to have trouble understanding that it is possible to vent online and describe one's negative reactions to a situation without actually reflecting the nature, tone, or content of the actual incident. Ya know, maybe the OP isn't a self-righteous jackass as you are assuming he is.

You guys do know that it is possible to handle a fraught situation in a calm and reasonable manner that belies what you are feeling inside at the time. Right? Many of us do this everyday at our jobs even when we are mistreated by managers, co-workers, and clients. Then we go home and rant to our partners, friends, and families. They do not assume we are terrible assholes who treat people badly or revel in treating people badly. It's called venting.

OP had a stressful encounter on the phone. He vented about it. Now some folks assume he's unprofessional and enjoys being a jerk on the basis of a description of a conversation, not the actual conversation itself.

OK, suit yourselves. But I hope you don't ever expect empathy when you're stressed out after trying your professional best for an employer or client who craps on you.

by Anonymousreply 6502/08/2013

No, op wasn't venting or expecting empathy. OP was expecting a chorus of "you go, girl"s for (in his own headline words) ruining someone's day.

And I could give a shit how he acted with the woman on the phone. Based on his behavior on DL, he seems like a bully who has made the hilarious mistake of getting drunk on his awesome power as a customer service phone rep. Truly, it would be tragic if it weren't so hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 6602/08/2013

I hope you don't have a job in the social services or one that requires analytic thinking, R66.

by Anonymousreply 6702/08/2013

I wish the son would present his hole. Then I'd know who's side to be on.

by Anonymousreply 6802/08/2013

This is like the "tell us about the crazy person who attacked you on DL" thread, only live

by Anonymousreply 6902/08/2013

Is her son gay? Who's his bf? Does he have a big dick?

by Anonymousreply 7002/08/2013

Good job OP. You should get double pay for having to deal with that dirty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7102/08/2013

R66 how can you claim to know what op is thinking when you clearly didn't even bother to read what they wrote?

by Anonymousreply 7202/08/2013

Good customer service always begins with 'good customer'.

by Anonymousreply 7302/08/2013

OP, I applaud you! Paragraph breaks are your friend, though, and "me and another manager" should have been "another manager and I." Yes, I'm a grammar troll, sorry.

But you handled that stupid bitch wonderfully! (I'm a woman, too, BTW). WIsh you had dared to tell her, when she said, "you know how children are", something like: "Yes, but I hate them anyway", or "yes, but I can only stand them when they get near 18 and/or cute. (hee-hee!)

Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 7402/08/2013

Girls, girls! You're ALL cunts!

by Anonymousreply 7502/08/2013

"Who's" side, R68?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 7602/08/2013

R39, I know the police don't get involved, but most customers who are trying to get over on you don't know that. Once you mention the "authorities" they don't even want to take any type of chance they could get in legal trouble. Innocent people won't mind but the ones whose scummy family members who used their card will mind. It weeds out the liars/scammers and shuts them down immediately.

If you've ever worked customer service in a call center you would know that there are a lot of people who are sitting at home and don't have a problem keeping you on the phone all day with bullshit. Call center workers are timed and have quotas. wasting 20 minutes with a lying scammer is ridiculous and just a waste of time. It also causes the legitimate callers to have longer wait times and poor customer service. If you've ever wondered why you have to wait forever when you call customer service, this is one of the biggest causes of delays

by Anonymousreply 7702/08/2013

OP, I have no issue with you or how you handled things. I have issues with those who always have to bring gender into it whenever they criticize or disagree with anyone who happens to be female. OP doesn't seem to have done this, though, so good for him.

by Anonymousreply 7802/08/2013

All of R36's self-serving, pompous explanation can't hide who he/she really is: one of the most unloved, unlikeable types on this site (or online at all): those who automatically bash the OP of any thread, taking the part of the stranger who pissed off the OP.

They just want to attack and insult someone who's on the thread, rather than (unsatisfyingly) attacking the person everyone else is angry at/about, who isn't there to be hurt by or care about the comments. It's no fun for such people to agree with anyone, and never the OP. The OP is the enemy, the dart board.

It's always done under the guise of being fair-minded, playing devil's advocate, or showing both sides. But it's just an excuse to smear the OP, maybe because the support/approval the OP is getting pisses off the bitter R36-type.

I posted a story a long time ago about my mom (gay, gone, beloved by everyone who knew her). It was silly and unoffensive to everyone except one of these true tumors of the internet, who twisted the anecdote to "show" me how my mom was a vicious, snotty shrew (she wasn't). Since then, I've figured out why people do that, and it no longer affects me. It did then. I learned it's pointless to believe them, or argue with them. Their only goal is to hurt or anger someone who is there, on the thread, at that moment.

The behavior is loathsome in every way, and to my mind the thing that has killed DL over the last years. It used to be rare and unpleasant; now it's the rule that to start a thread is to draw the fire of an R36-type.

by Anonymousreply 7902/08/2013

OP I love you.

by Anonymousreply 8002/08/2013

R39 like so many here, you clearly didn't bother to read what op wrote, or you didn't understand it. They make it pretty clear his company was not going to contact the authorities, but he could not say what the credit card company would do.

People like who op described are the lowest of the low. They take no responsibility for their actions and then pass that attitude on to their kids. For fucks sake, her kid stole the husbands identity so he could buy drug paraphernalia! Had I pulled a stunt like that when I was a kid my parents would have gone ballistic. Taking her anger out on op only underscores what a clueless twat she is. She deserves to have a shitty day, but the days she has to spend visiting her spawn in prison will be worse.

by Anonymousreply 8102/08/2013

OP, I feel for you.

I work for an enormous online retailer. (Easy guess which one.) I handle escalated issues and deal with some of the most demanding, entitled people imaginable.

It seems, over the years, to have gotten worse, this illogical sense of entitlement. Not one person in ten will take responsibility for his or her actions, even if the error was clearly theirs.

Worse yet, we send out Yes/No surveys after each call. No matter how helpful you are, some people click No, even if it's a policy issue and they're happy with the rep. What they don't realize is every No is a mark against the agent, and affects raises, bonuses, and even your continued employment with the company.

by Anonymousreply 8202/08/2013

People don't take responsibility for their actions r82 because they are met with the same behavior from the entities they do business with and are forced to adopt more adversarial positions to get the same place a nice approach would have taken them 20 years ago.

Cf. airlines, cable companies, credit card issuers. Maybe not *your* company. Also, much of the time we are now talking to "Trixie" in Bangalore and it's nearly impossible to communicate at all.

by Anonymousreply 8302/08/2013

R83 speaks the truth.

by Anonymousreply 8402/08/2013

I feel for those of you who have jobs that require you to deal with the public. I know it has to suck.

by Anonymousreply 8502/08/2013

Agree with OP.

by Anonymousreply 8602/08/2013

I like OP just fine but he's gotta learn the difference between "infer" and "imply."

by Anonymousreply 8702/08/2013

[quote]If you work the dispute line, I would imagine every call involves a sketchy situation. In other words, IT IS YOUR JOB to deal with it. It is not personal.

The OP DID deal with it and in a perfectly acceptable way.

by Anonymousreply 8802/09/2013

[R87] I suspect your anus is not as clean as you think it is. Why not stick your head up your shitter and make sure. Yes, I know shitter is not a word. Do you ever have anything to actually contribute other than your endless tutorials about others language errors? You are very tiresome and petty. This is the internet fuckface. Not a formal presentation. Yes, I know fuckface is not a word either.

by Anonymousreply 8902/09/2013

Ha, ha, ha R89!

You're an ignunt dipshit proud of it.

Go ahead on, son!

by Anonymousreply 9002/09/2013

[R45] which cunt are you referring to: OP or the caller?

by Anonymousreply 9102/09/2013

I'm not actually much of a grammar/usage troll, but I now feel compelled to point out that the sentence "This is the internet fuckface" requires a comma.

by Anonymousreply 9202/09/2013

Kudos, OP. That bitch got schooled.

by Anonymousreply 9302/09/2013

The woman got served. She is a sociopath used to getting her way, and she got thwarted for once. Good for OP.

by Anonymousreply 9502/09/2013

Sounds like "you were just doing your job". Well good for you but I'm not understanding why some are calling you a hero. Didn't you just do what you were suppose to do?

by Anonymousreply 9602/09/2013

"Well good for you"

"...were suppose to do?"

by Anonymousreply 9702/09/2013

I love OP. And I hate minxjinx1.

by Anonymousreply 9802/09/2013

I think she had some nerve wanting money back from her kid being a loser thief. My friend's 18 year old son has continually stolen money, checks, credit cards and more from his parents with no repercussions. It really makes me lose respect for my friend, and he's not doing the kid any favors in the long run.

by Anonymousreply 9902/09/2013

Minxjinx1 is a breeder and her children are criminals, con artists and drug addicts. That is the only explanation as to why she would defend someone like that wretched woman.

by Anonymousreply 10002/09/2013

Minxjinx is surely being sarcastic.

by Anonymousreply 10102/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.