Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ugh the new version of iTunes is ludicrous

WHERE is the repeat song icon? It used to be easily accesible and now.... I can't even find it.

Oh, and now I've deleted the name of 2 songs because i clicked them and hit the space bar. I can't "undo" an action in iTunes. FFS.

I feel like one of those characters on a gadget commercial. Why is this so difficult?

by Anonymousreply 3402/08/2013

Who still uses iTunes?

by Anonymousreply 102/08/2013

Are you kidding r1 ?

What the fuck do you use?

by Anonymousreply 202/08/2013

If you highlight the song a small > icon appears. It is a menu which allows you to manipulate the play order etc.

by Anonymousreply 302/08/2013

Are you using the version for Windows PCs?

If so, ha-ha!

Why ha-ha?

1) You have to use a Windows PC, and

2) Everyone knows the PC version of iTunes for Microsoft is riddled with bugs, hangs, glitches, and confusing commands -- just to replicate the typical Windows experience.

Good luck, loser!

by Anonymousreply 402/08/2013

R4, you're pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 502/08/2013

It's really hideous. I make podcasts with an excellent iPad app called Soundboard. Unfortunately it won't sync user generated content anymore, just iTunes purchases (via the 'cloud'), and even a lame workaround...switching iTunes' player to a non-default sound card...is impossible. Seems to be related to some heavy DRM restrictions. This guarantees no more Apple products, ever.

by Anonymousreply 602/08/2013

And apparently Apple has no plans to address the thousands of complaints, from their website alone. The masses are not happy and they simply don't care.

by Anonymousreply 702/08/2013

That is because Apple is ridiculous. I cannot get the Itunes Imatch to work. Over a month now and it still freezes and resets itself.

by Anonymousreply 802/08/2013

I use iTunes on a Mac, and I still find it kind of counter-intuitive.

by Anonymousreply 902/08/2013

You need to get rid of your Mac, VotN.

You've bitched about it here since you bought it.

I think it's pretty clear you are not Apple material.

Sell it to someone who can appreciate it!

by Anonymousreply 1002/08/2013

It really is bad, but we're kind of locked in. It got so bad for me that I had to uninstall then reinstall and have spent the last few days reorganizing my music library. Urgh!

by Anonymousreply 1102/08/2013

It's always been a little less than what it out to be, with numerous features buried or unavailable or difficult to use.

Switching between your iTunes Library and the iTunes Store is much trickier than it ought to be, and too often results in everything going frozen (and on a new Mac.)

IMatch fucks up way too often.

Finding songs and sorting search results in the Store was a chore before; now it's often a pain. Why would they remove a simple and highly useful feature like being able to sort results by album, title, popularity, and other columns ?

Functions are hidden in odd places, and the once simple process of syncing between a Mac and an iPhone is now mysterious and variable in its results.

by Anonymousreply 1202/08/2013

Jesus I feel sorry for all of you who have to deal with itunes and ipods. I did it once for a couple of weeks and never went back.

Sansa, Windows Music Player, drop and drag. Done.

by Anonymousreply 1302/08/2013

Are you talking about iTunes 11, OP? If so, I agree. There was nothing wrong with iTunes, then Apple went and revamped everything.

I could never be a devoted slave to Apple. They are making corporate whores our of people. I just bought a new Nano, really cheap, I don't have an iPhone, and I LOL'd when I saw the new adapter cable that is different than previous. So that they make you buy all new adapter cables if you lose one just so they make $$$$$$$$$.

Fuck Apple. Fuck it up its corporate slut whore asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1402/08/2013

I had a whole library on my Ipod and I cannot get it to sync with ITunes anymore. I bought some new music and cannot get it onto my Ipod. I think I am going to have to do the same as #11 and re-do my whole library.

by Anonymousreply 1502/08/2013

I don't have the best eyesight. I used to have my albums in columns of seven so the covers were viewed easier. Now they locked into rows of eleven and the covers are the size of postage stamps. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 1602/08/2013

THANK YOU. I tried calling Apple the other day to find out how I can go back to the old version but they told me I'm not eligible for phone support anymore and wanted to charge me some laughable amount to help me.

I use the mini player on my MBP and this new miniplayer is USELESS. There's no bar that allows you to skip around within a track! There's also a lag when I skip songs now. What the FUCK? Get this outta here!

by Anonymousreply 1702/08/2013

All you iTunes complainers have been told what to do R13!

If you're using PCs, stop using iTunes and use Sansa.

If you're using a Macintosh or an iPhone, sell it, then buy a PC, or an Android or Windows phone, and use Sansa!

Jeeze Louise!

Biggest bunch of bellyachers I've ever seen here, even by DL standards.

Apple is not going to bend to your will, simply because you are dissatisfied with something!

Did Microsoft bend to our will or listen to our complaints before we Apple users left the Windows World and never looked back?

Get over yourselves and shut up!

by Anonymousreply 1802/08/2013

You really took time out of your day to type all that, R18?

by Anonymousreply 1902/08/2013

Nah R19 – I dictated it to my iPad.

Pretty cool, eh?

by Anonymousreply 2002/08/2013

I have iTunes version 11.0.1.12 for windows, and this is the first time I've hated iTunes. It worked perfectly through every iteration of v.10, but v.11 is one fucked-up piece of computer software.

I've mainly stayed with iTunes because all of my 13,000 tracks is encoded in Apple Lossless, and I understand there is no way, or perhaps no *easy* way, to move those to another program without their becoming lossy, or not playing at all.

At this point, I'm kind of willing to start over, though. Any suggestions? My OS is Windows 7.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 2102/08/2013

"each," not "all" in R21. Or "are," not "is."

by Anonymousreply 2202/08/2013

Ok, R18, a couple of questions:

1) Can you transfer your Ipod/ITunes library onto the Sansa device?

2) Can you play the Sansa on another device, such as a Bose system?

by Anonymousreply 2302/08/2013

I think everyone is just complaining about the newest update. Bitching about software updates is not unheard of or unreasonable, especially if the previous versions were working well.

by Anonymousreply 2402/08/2013

It is ridiculous OP, but they will not change it or ever admit they made a terrible product. That is because of recent converts and fanbois like r4/10/18/20 who will gobble up all the crap they produce and ask for seconds. Those of us who have used Macs for a long time recognize the dramatic decline in quality of their products.

by Anonymousreply 2502/08/2013

Don't ask me, R23.

Ask R13.

by Anonymousreply 2602/08/2013

Been using Apple stuff since 1994, r25.

by Anonymousreply 2702/08/2013

r4 I'm on a Mac, you idiot.

r3, thanks for the advise but there is still no "repeat song" icon in contextual menu.

[bold]UPDATE: [/bold] I've found it. I was confused because the shuffle icon USED to toggle automatically with the Repeat Song/playlist icon but now I see that It is a separate on the [italic] left hand[/italic] side of the songs progress bar. The Shuffle is on the right side.

One can also go to the application menu up tol and use the drop down for "Controls" to find the repeat.

I have a suspicion that Apple's breaking the fixed thing has something to do with forcing everyone into the CLOUD. They're removing CD Drives fromt their latest computers.

No more burning playlists for your buddies. You'll have to buy yet ANOTHER separate device for that. I can't believe Apple is moving BACKWARDS in that regard, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

Well now then, OP R28, who's the idiot with operator error-itis!?

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

And your own post was so helpful and informative, r4.

by Anonymousreply 3002/08/2013

Who are all of you idiots who are making iTunes and iPods complicated? If a kid in middle school is capable, you are too.

by Anonymousreply 3102/08/2013

Tell me how I can skip around within a track using the new mini player?

by Anonymousreply 3202/08/2013

Sansa?

(snicker)

by Anonymousreply 3302/08/2013

r32 on my Mac I can click the square Album icon that brings up an image of it's cover. There's a progress bar on this window.

by Anonymousreply 3402/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.