Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Shrub Bush Is Now A Painter

A hacker snagged photos of some of George's work.

There is no there there.

by Anonymousreply 5102/10/2013

The smoking gun has a full story on the hack and its contents.

by Anonymousreply 102/08/2013

AOL is still a thing?

by Anonymousreply 202/08/2013

Interestingly, if he's an artist now, he's probably going to associate with gay people. And, with how anti-gay his administration was, I would be curious if anbody will confront his anti-gay beliefs. It would be nice if he came out and said, "I was wrong" or "I'm evolving".

by Anonymousreply 302/08/2013

He's no Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 402/08/2013

THis is incredibly funny, and his art is shitty

by Anonymousreply 502/08/2013

Wow...there is almost a wisp of homoerotic subtext in these.

Also, he must be a fan of David Hockney as he uses the same washed out color hues as him.

by Anonymousreply 602/08/2013

David Hockney uses washed out colors?? No way. Are you color blind?

by Anonymousreply 702/08/2013

Shrub is incapable of painting houses, those paintings are hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 802/08/2013

The shower image instantly reminded me of Hockney's early faux-naive work.

by Anonymousreply 902/08/2013

Are artists encouraged to paint what they know?

I'm getting the picture of a man who spends a lot of time bathing and visiting his different estates.

"Here's me in the tub. That's me in the shower. Here's my house. Here's a dinosaur ripping off Maw's arm while shitting on Dad's head. Here's me with a bazooka avenging my parents' deathses."

by Anonymousreply 1002/08/2013

I hate George W. Bush, but I think it is wrong for mainstream Internet sites to publish private information that has been hacked.

It only encourages hackers to intrude on everyone's personal information.

by Anonymousreply 1102/08/2013

Jeb Bush said this about his father and Clinton in a hacked e-mail: "how kind he was with President Clinton and he helped restore his sordid reputation. A very tough thing to do but with kindness, dad probably helped Bill Clinton than anything he himself has done.”

Jeb is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 1202/08/2013

Jerry Saltz liked the paintings.

by Anonymousreply 1302/08/2013

I think the bathtub/shower paintings are pretty poignant. There's a calmness to it. What do we associate with showers? We're at our most vulnerable, yet meditative state. Bush is looking at the shower tiles, yet his reflection in the mirror is staring right at him.

In the bath tub, he's focused on the water pouring out of the faucet and the movement it creates in the tub. if the water overflows, he wouldn't notice. He's captivated by its movement.

by Anonymousreply 1402/08/2013

The weird thing is that Bush also executed a painting of his Scottie Barney who just died, and it's actually quite good (for a painting of a dog by an amateur, that is). (See link.) The brush work is quite sophisticated, and he does manage to convey the dog's personality.

The self-portraits are weird--they remind me not just of early Hockney but of outsider art. They convey an artist who sees himself as incredibly lonely and isolated and vulnerable. That could either be poignant or disturbing (or both).

by Anonymousreply 1502/08/2013

He has fucking wet brain. And these paintings suck.

by Anonymousreply 1602/08/2013

The comments are hilarious and totally delusional. Fucking nitwits in this country.

by Anonymousreply 1702/08/2013

At long last, I find that W is better than I am at something. They may not be good but his paintings are a lot better than anything I could manage.

by Anonymousreply 1802/08/2013

I like the bathtub painting. Makes me wonder if he ever painted a portrait of his penis.

by Anonymousreply 1902/08/2013

I think he's vile but his artwork isn't bad. You see a sense of movement with the water. Also there is an air of mystery about them. Or. Maybe he just spends a lot of time in the bathroom.

by Anonymousreply 2002/08/2013

If Obama painted them they would be grand works of art. Everything is based on a persons politics now. No more real opinions. Having said that, the paintings do nothing for me. Not terrible not good.

by Anonymousreply 2102/08/2013

No there there?

His homosexual yearnings are on full display.

by Anonymousreply 2202/08/2013

Well, it's not like that lazy asshole has anything else to do with his time.

by Anonymousreply 2302/08/2013

Split-personality depicted in the bathroom mirror.

by Anonymousreply 2402/08/2013

People are missing something key. The man in the shower is facing away from the mirror which means the face in the mirror is a second man behind him. Hello?

by Anonymousreply 2502/08/2013

That bastard spends his days painting hideous painting of himself in the shower when he could have been helping mitt get elected

by Anonymousreply 2602/08/2013

"Interestingly, if he's an artist now, he's probably going to associate with gay people. And, with how anti-gay his administration was, I would be curious if anbody will confront his anti-gay beliefs. It would be nice if he came out and said, "I was wrong" or "I'm evolving"."

I doubt this art "career" is going to expose him to much really, but George, like many anti-gay politicians, has long had out gay powerful friends.

by Anonymousreply 2702/08/2013

[quote] think he's vile but his artwork isn't bad. You see a sense of movement with the water

You are right. He perfectly captured the moment he farted when he was in the tub

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

I loved the Dog photo. It was really good. I was surprised how good he was.

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

He's the new "Painter of Light."

by Anonymousreply 3002/08/2013

Wow. As an art dealer I find them pretty interesting, BUT. They're interesting in an outsider kind of way, but how could you seriously show them outside of some kind state, republican environment?

by Anonymousreply 3102/08/2013

If you didn't know who did them, and I told you they were therapy art done in a mental institution, you would accept it without question.

And that's not a criticism. Quite the opposite, it's the most interesting thing I've seen W do.

by Anonymousreply 3202/08/2013

The shower painting reminded me of Lester Burnham in "American Beauty."

by Anonymousreply 3302/08/2013

Hacked or leaked? I smell an expertly managed public image rehabilitation campaign.

by Anonymousreply 3402/08/2013

I'm waiting for the nudes of Laura Bush.

by Anonymousreply 3502/08/2013

[quote]If you didn't know who did them, and I told you they were therapy art done in a mental institution

Oh, but they were done by a mental patient.

by Anonymousreply 3602/08/2013

My impression of the paintings is a guy who is vaguely trying to clean himself, very passive in the tub and standing outside of the shower spray. Of what he is trying to clean himself of I would imagine there is a very long assed list. Maybe he is just now realizing that no matter what he does he'll never be clean.

by Anonymousreply 3702/08/2013

The painting of Bar in latex domme gear was so lifelike.

by Anonymousreply 3802/08/2013

To dream of taking a shower means that your hopes and wishes will be fulfilled. To dream you are taking a shower in clean water means renewal or the need to wash a burden out of your life. It is also symbolic of forgiveness. To dream that you are taking a shower with a guy means that your space is being invaded.

by Anonymousreply 3902/08/2013

r28: He left out the bubbles.

by Anonymousreply 4002/08/2013

I'm no prude, but it creeps me out that he would paint a portrait of his family with his own blood.

by Anonymousreply 4102/09/2013

He gets style points for signing his paintings with "43".

by Anonymousreply 4202/09/2013

R31 - I predict they'd be a huge hit at some museum in Dallas...Do they even have museums in Dallas? LOL...I know Ft. Worth and Houston have highly-regarded museums. Well, for Texas...

by Anonymousreply 4302/09/2013

'LOL' is highly regarded, right, R43?

by Anonymousreply 4402/09/2013

r37, "Out, damned spot"?

by Anonymousreply 4502/09/2013

The paranoid, right-wing lunatic comments are pretty amusing.

by Anonymousreply 4602/09/2013

They do seem kind of weird and kind of homoerotic

by Anonymousreply 4702/09/2013

I found it suspicious that he always wanted to workout at the nearby college gym. Now he paints pictures of men in showers.

The plot thickens...

by Anonymousreply 4802/09/2013

They're very good! I think the people saying they suck are not able to be objective. He has a natural talent for painting. I'm VERY surprised.

by Anonymousreply 4902/09/2013

Very 'flat'. There can be a certain verve to flat images/ paintings, but this is flat with no verve. I think the same of early Hockney. Bland and pseudo.

by Anonymousreply 5002/09/2013

[quote] Ft. Worth and Houston have highly-regarded museums. Well, for Texas

I don't know about Ft. Worth but Houston has a number of museums of New York caliber.

by Anonymousreply 5102/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!