Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Identity Theif is the rare romantic comedy that's ACTUALLY funny!

The gays love it and so do the critics. Certified fresh on Golden Tomatoes. It elevates the love-hate, will they/won't they Moonlighting-esque relationship to new levels of funny never before seen. You actually root for these people to get together unlike Jennifer Aniston movies where you root for them to die.

by Anonymousreply 1902/10/2013

Do they pay you less for your shill fest if you misspell the title of the movie?

by Anonymousreply 102/08/2013

R1 beat me to it

by Anonymousreply 202/08/2013

A romantic comedy? Ugh. It didn't look like romance was supposed to be involved.

by Anonymousreply 302/08/2013

R3 = Fat-phobic

by Anonymousreply 402/08/2013

The preview was hysterical. The whole audience was laughing their asses off. I'm better we saw the funniest bits in the preview. I would definitely rent. The Times said it was lazy but still had its funny moments.

by Anonymousreply 502/08/2013

Is it a rom com? It looks more like a road reluctant buddy pic.

And no, I'm not fat phobic, I simply think one can have a movie about a man and a woman where they don't fall in sex or get into bed.

Especially when the trailer gives absolutely no indication that the two are going to get together romantically.

Maybe it's the trailer that's fat phobic.

by Anonymousreply 602/08/2013

I'll never pay to watch that Jason Bateman douche in anything. I find him tiresome and don't understand why he refuses to go away.

He's like that Seth Rogen or Jason Segel asshole. Just irritating to look at.

by Anonymousreply 702/08/2013

[quote]And no, I'm not fat phobic, I simply think one can have a movie about a man and a woman where they don't fall in sex or get into bed.

Right, and you also didn't think Channing Tatum was going to have sex with Rachel McAdams when you went to see The Vow.

by Anonymousreply 802/08/2013

[quote] The gays love it

Did you poll them?

by Anonymousreply 902/08/2013

[quote]The gays love it

No we don't.

by Anonymousreply 1002/08/2013

[quote]and so do the critics

No we don't.

by Anonymousreply 1102/08/2013

People are being too harsh on this. Melissa McCarthy is hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 1202/08/2013

I hate when people say "the gays". It's so offensive and dehumanizing. We're not just some chunky sorority girl's shopping pal. Who is this "the gays" troll who puts it in every topic heading?

by Anonymousreply 1302/08/2013

This looks like shit. Also it has a 26% rating from both top critics and the rest of riff raff "critics".

by Anonymousreply 1402/08/2013

Plus, don't put this in the rom-com category. The genre is already suffering enough, no need to add this to it's misery.

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2013

Identity Thief is the #1 movie so yes, the gays do collectively love it, R13.

by Anonymousreply 1602/09/2013

R7 = Justine Bateman

by Anonymousreply 1702/10/2013

Why, R17? I thought their divorce was amicable. Does Justine still hate him?

by Anonymousreply 1802/10/2013

I didn't like the trailer, it looked annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1902/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!