Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

King of the Nerds/The Joe Schmo Show

Is anyone watching either show? They both feature some cute guys. There are a couple of nice looking nerds especially Joshua.

by Anonymousreply 2303/14/2014

I enjoyed the first Joe Schmo Show which featured a then unknown Kristen Wiig. This one is okay but like all reality shows, fake or not, I have to wonder how people can't realize they're being put on (e.g., the "deaf" contestant who has messed up a couple of times already).

by Anonymousreply 102/08/2013

I love KING OF THE NERDS. These people are really smart and the blonde guy has total Aspergers face.

by Anonymousreply 202/08/2013

I am sad that plaid-wearing Brandon is gone. He was a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 302/08/2013

I kept waiting for Alana to be eliminated. What a whiner! And she was so useless in competitions, even ones in which she claimed to have expertise -- she helped lose the chess match and then knew nothing about superheroes ("Why were they asking questions from the silver and golden age? I only started reading comic books in the 90s.). Joshua looked hot last night though.

by Anonymousreply 402/08/2013

I'm watching Joe Schmo. It's on the testosterone driven Spike network and a few people I've asked say they never watch Spike. Too bad it's not on a higher profile network.

The show is hysterical. Especially the woman who pretends to be deaf and is a ventriliquist as a hobby. I also liked Lorenzo Lamas' character gig.

by Anonymousreply 502/08/2013

r2, yes, joe Schmo is hilarious! I tried to watch the geek thing but wasn't into it. I love the deaf girl and I really dug the black gay guy. When he was flying the kite in the casual pouch..and his speech about how he painted himself into a glittery, decoupaged box..I will miss him and Lorenzo. I kind of think Chase is a jerk but it's still fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 602/08/2013

I really enjoyed the first Joe Schmo but couldn't really get into the second especially after one of the Schmos caught onto the ruse. So far I'm liking this season but have thought that the producers may have overplayed themselves at certain times. But if Chase still believes everything, I guess it works. Also, having a deaf aunt and uncle, I would have been highly suspicious of the "deaf" lady -- too many errors on her part.

by Anonymousreply 702/08/2013

Has Spike even done a marathon of the previous two shows?

by Anonymousreply 802/08/2013

I love how the characters have a hard time keeping a straight face. That's usually what makes it even funnier. I was in tears when the "deaf" woman started laughing while using the ventriliquist doll when the prisoners were there with the characters.

by Anonymousreply 902/08/2013

I like how Chase hasn't even considered how a deaf ventriloquism act works.

by Anonymousreply 1002/09/2013

r7, I was wondering what someone who had experience with deaf people thought of her acting. Is the interpreter actually doing ASL? I assume he is just in case Chase happens to know anything.

The thing I found "off" that makes me wonder if we are all being scammed is that Allison (overachieving Asian) was so flustered by the question of when she graduated med school and had to stammer and make something up. These actors don't have too much to memorize, I mean it's ad-libbed method acting so I would think they could at least get the back story down pat.

r8, if you are talking about previous seasons, I don't know. If you mean previous episodes from this season I believe they are online, probably at Spike's site.

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

The ASL translator is definitely not doing sign. Just look when he flails his hands around! The only real sign was thank you. The others just look like a seizure. That deaf bitch can't seem to hold it together. They should have kept Lorenzo longer!

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013

It seems like Lorenzo may come back because there are scenes with him on the commercial that weren't shown. He was really funny and the black guy was too. The "buddy" Allen (?) is really bland and doesn't add anything, they should get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 1302/09/2013

The buddy is the real son of Jim Belushi, thus the unfunny. Yeah to bringing back the black guy with the hot ass. And Lorenzo and his sack.

by Anonymousreply 1402/09/2013

It looks like Lorenzo will get to come back given the twist in last night's show. Was sorry to see Carly leave.

I was wondering when Chase would show some skin. He flashed his ass (pixelated) when having to do the clothes swap with the homeless guy in the van.

by Anonymousreply 1502/20/2013

I loved Chase attempting to do the sign language to Carly after she was evicted. Just as with the original Joe Schmo Show, it's little gestures like that which make you like him and almost sorry that they're setting him up.

by Anonymousreply 1602/20/2013

Last night's episode of Joe Schmo had a very nice scene of Chase exercising shirtless in his room. He has a nice body.

by Anonymousreply 1702/27/2013

The final episode of Joe Schmo last nite was great. I was sad to see it end. The first thirty seconds of his reaction almost had me crying; it looked like he was in shock and his eyes got all watery but he took it like a champ.

I'd love to see the girl who played Carly get more work from this.

by Anonymousreply 1803/06/2013

r18 Yes it was good. I think he was sad that the bounty hunting job was fake. I loved that he asked Lorenzo if the casual pouch was real, I probably would too. Carly was excellent and I would like to see her more too. I hope he is very happy with his cute llama.

by Anonymousreply 1903/06/2013

R19 you are right. I didn't even think about that - his disappointment about not being a bounty hunter. He was definitely passionate about it.

by Anonymousreply 2003/06/2013

Like the first Joe Schmo Show, the reveal worked so well and was so heartwarming because they picked such a nice, honest and friendly guy. In a world of reality competitions where lying, cheating and back-stabbing are the norms in order to win, it was so awesome to see a nice guy win (even if the results were faked).

by Anonymousreply 2103/06/2013

I enjoyed the series and especially the finale, but it didn't have same spark or heart as the original.

by Anonymousreply 2203/11/2013

Lesbian Kayla won the second season last night. Great show! I am very happy she won. I didn't expect her to. She flew under the radar until the last three episodes.

by Anonymousreply 2303/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.