Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Trump: Karl Rove is 'a total loser’

Real estate mogul Donald Trump is joining the chorus of conservative activists upset with Karl Rove over his decision to launch a new super-PAC aimed at aiding more electable candidates.

Trump blasted Rove as "a total loser" on Twitter on Thursday.

Rove, a former Bush aide and major Republican fundraiser, launched the Conservative Victory Project earlier this week. The political action committee's stated intent is to aid Republican candidates it considers more viable in a general election, but the group has come under fire from some grassroots groups who argue that the party establishment is attempting to crowd out their efforts.

Trump, whose subscription to "birther" conspiracy theories has won him favor with some in the Tea Party, argued the last election cycle cast doubt on Rove's political instincts.

Rove served as an adviser to American Crossroads, one of the most aggressive outside donors in the 2012 election cycle. But a study published in November by the Sunlight Foundation found that Rove had a success rate of just 1 percent on $103 million in attack ads purchased — among the lowest return on investment of any outside group.

On Wednesday, Rove defended his new organization, saying critics in the Tea Party were "wrong" to back unpolished candidates.

"Some people think the best we can do is [Former Rep.] Todd Akin [R-Mo.] and Richard Mourdock — they’re wrong," Rove told Fox News.

"We need to do better if we hope to take over the United States Senate. We need to get better conservative candidates and win."

Akin and Mourdock, two Senate nominees who won with heavy Tea Party support in their Republican primaries, both damaged their 2012 general election campaigns with comments they made regarding rape. They later lost those contests in Indiana and Missouri, respectively, that Republicans had believed were winnable races.

by Anonymousreply 3302/08/2013

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!

Both are total loser idiots.

by Anonymousreply 102/07/2013

Can Trump be such a hypocrite?

by Anonymousreply 202/07/2013

Does anyone else feel a sense of overwhelming joy over the internal fighting in the Republican party? And that Rove essentially wasted 103 million dollars of their money

by Anonymousreply 302/07/2013

"Total loser"?

What a deliciously 70s saying!

by Anonymousreply 402/07/2013

The race is on to see who will win the battle for the soul of the Republican Party: the cynical Log Cabin boys or the genocidal Christian maniacs?

by Anonymousreply 502/07/2013

Does he get all his insults from the Twitter feed of a 12-year-old girl?

by Anonymousreply 602/07/2013

God this is delicious. They are just paving the way for Hillary to waltz right into the White House in 2016. The triumphant queen is coming, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 702/07/2013

I hope so, R7, but it's risky to underestimate the Republicans. Look at how well Romney still did in 2012 despite being a pathological liar.

by Anonymousreply 802/07/2013

All of this infighting leaves me with a very warm and cozy feeling.

Does this mean that Trump is sticking with the Tea Party? Surely, he can't be that dumb.

by Anonymousreply 902/07/2013

r8, the 2012 election wasn't as close as the pundits tried to make it seem. Obama won most of the toss up states including Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Nevada. Matter of fact, Obama won all the states he won in 2008 except North Carolina. That's pretty remarkable given the poor economy. In the end Obama won with 332 electoral votes to Romney's 206.

by Anonymousreply 1002/07/2013

Something tells me that the Establishment doesn't want to touch him with a 40 foot pole so the man has no choice but to be a Teabagger. I mean, he's a birther so there's no distinction there, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 1102/07/2013

I knew Trump was "irony free" but this is really something. He's against same sex marriage but his marriage record is a shambles. Rove is a total loser but Trump is a coward who refused to run even though he said he had all the answers.

by Anonymousreply 1202/07/2013

I want to see Trump start making fun of Rove's feathery white baby hair.

by Anonymousreply 1302/07/2013

Rove will fuck him for this if it's the last thing he ever does. This should get good.

by Anonymousreply 1402/07/2013

[quote]Obama won all the states he won in 2008 except North Carolina.

And Indiana. But that wasn't a swing state in 2012, so you're right that it was a very good result overall.

But it's still disturbing that Romney got as high as 47% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 1502/07/2013

Trump is a national laughingstock. That foofy apricot-colored hair and that bloated terra cotta face and that ego the size of Montana and his blowhard birther nonsense and his flying off the handle when anyone insults him. Which is hard not to do, frankly. Ugh. Really between Trump and Karl Rove, Rove is making more sense. Marginally. At least Rove is attempting to play a tactical card that has some logic behind it.

Either way the infighting is a good use of wingnut energy.

by Anonymousreply 1602/07/2013

47% is alarming and with the repugs efforts to change the electorate odds, it would have given the presidency to Romney. They'll do anything, criminal, evil, you name it, to win. Especially against Hillary. It hurt their egos to lose to the black man but to Hillary? They'd jump out of buildings if that happened.

with them eating their own and their uncontrollable racism, misogyny, & hypocrisy, we can hope the next four years provide enough BS to convince fellow repugs to stay home and not vote.

by Anonymousreply 1702/07/2013

I like it better when he fights with Rosie O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 1802/07/2013

I can't blame Rove for wanting to save the GOP from the "Batshit Wing" of the party.

Both factions are completely evil, just in different ways. One side favors money, the other favors self righteous indignation.

by Anonymousreply 1902/07/2013

Karl Rove is the architect of his own misery for pandering to the batshit wing of the party to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 2002/07/2013

r20 has it right and that's why this is so fantastic.

But we are all kidding ourselves if we think the conservatives are every truly going to go away. Idiocy is a constant in humanity and evil never sleeps.

by Anonymousreply 2102/07/2013

R19, he brought it on himself. Reagan started pandering to the religious nuts and bush's folks like rove cemented their ties.

by Anonymousreply 2202/07/2013

R20, you are right and he's doing it again, trying to make a living. He's got to get those big checks flowing again. But I think those old crusty white guys may be seeing him for the crook he is.

by Anonymousreply 2302/07/2013

I want to know how much of that $103 mil Rove pocketed.

Trump got on Howard Stern this week and said he was very disappointed in Romney, blah, blah, blah. The interesting thing he said was that he doesn't consider Romney to have real money, to be anywhere financially in the range of Trump and his friends.

by Anonymousreply 2402/07/2013

Finally a comment which I can agree with from Trump.

What did Rove achieve with all his crimes? He's still ugly stupid unloved and worthless.

by Anonymousreply 2502/07/2013

And the fact that the beliefs and policies he did for were all wrong and hurt America....and that became obvious long before he was dead...well that just goes to show.

by Anonymousreply 2602/07/2013

R24, I wouldn't take Trump seriously. As Lawrence O'Donnell and others have reported, TRUMP is the one who isn't as wealthy as he pretends to be. He is probably not a billionaire. And Romney is plenty wealthy - believe me. He had so much wealth and secret investments going on that he refused to release his full taxes.

by Anonymousreply 2702/08/2013

Conservative Victory? After their huge loss? How Orwellian.

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

I don't get Trump. For most of his life he's been a rich NY real estate tycoon, but suddenly he's decided to represent the political sensibilities of a fundamentalist Arkansas hog farmer?

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

R28, I think it's supposed to refer to Victory in the 2014 elections - they want to weed out bad candidates like Todd Akin in advance next time in order to successfully elect Conservatives

by Anonymousreply 3002/08/2013

but r30, Todd Aiken IS a "conservative." What Rove wants is candidates who can more effectively conceal their innate evil.

by Anonymousreply 3102/08/2013

R14 is right - Turdblossom will not rest until he burns that bloviating motherfucker down to the ground.

On the "Who is Worse" question - Rove wins hands down but it's nice to see them fighting.

by Anonymousreply 3202/08/2013

What could Rove do to Trump? I doubt he cares or will do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 3302/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!