Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Philly, Are You Ready For Snow?

Well, are you?

by Anonymousreply 2202/09/2013

I'm deliberately avoiding the news programs on channels 3, 6, 10 and 29 because I know the all the weathercasters will be in high hysteria tonight, especially Ms. Adam Joseph on 6ABC.

by Anonymousreply 102/07/2013

That Hurricane Schwartz gets on my last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 202/07/2013

If we get two inches I will be shocked...

by Anonymousreply 302/07/2013

I volunteer Tiffani Thiessen's face to store all the excess snow. Fat facer.

by Anonymousreply 402/07/2013

4-8 inches for Philly is nothing. Three years ago they got two 16 inch snowfalls within 4 days of one another. Now Boston is another story for tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 502/07/2013

I'm seriously contemplating making a move to the West coast. I can't stand winter.

by Anonymousreply 602/07/2013

It will end up being 1 inch, they will take everything off TV and go from one deserted street to the next to tell you the street is empty. Weathermen live for their starring roles during bad weather.

by Anonymousreply 702/07/2013

[quote]If we get two inches I will be shocked...

indeed! and wet and warm too, if the temp is 37 degrees we won't get accumulation. this is all just a slow news week

by Anonymousreply 802/07/2013

R6, good luck, they get winter too, but in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 902/07/2013

Please, you know the drill here. If they forecast a horrible storm, we get nothing.

More importantly, did anyone see the Arden's Endgame?

by Anonymousreply 1002/07/2013

Barely an inch...suck it, Hurricane Schwartz!

Told ya!

by Anonymousreply 1102/09/2013

Disappointed at the outcome, but not at all surprised by it.

by Anonymousreply 1202/09/2013

I'm very worried right now, saw a few flakes falling down.

by Anonymousreply 1302/09/2013

This sucked, but I figured it would.

by Anonymousreply 1402/09/2013

I can imagine how disappointed the whole Philly weather crew must have been at the nothingness here. We had to start hearing about the weather in NY and Boston just as an excuse to stay on the air. Thank God for cable and hulu TV

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2013

Whole lotta nuthin.

by Anonymousreply 1602/09/2013

I love it when channel 6 has "team coverage" for storms. They have split screens with 3 or 4 reporters in various locations ready to give us all the details. If we are really lucky we have anchor Jim Gardner at the helm. He usually gives most of the story away before throwing it to the actual reporter. I meant to count how many times they let us know that more info could be found on the station's webpage at 6abcdotcom.

One of their reporters was on the scene at Atlantic City this morning all excited about some very small waves lapping at the pavement, but according to her they were "churning waters." I don't think churning means what she thinks it means.

by Anonymousreply 1702/09/2013

This is just embarrassing. Do they now understand why no one trusts them? This is why NY'ers didn't flee the state in droves. Okay, weather shifts, but they don't have to turn into Armageddon. It's the boy that cried wolf.

Philly is dry.

by Anonymousreply 1802/09/2013

In West Philadelphia born and raised

Fuck many gays till they were dazed

Playing with homos after school

Then I got in one little fight and my mammy got scared

But I used a condom, so my life was spared.

by Anonymousreply 1902/09/2013

Please keep posting how awful the snow is. I love to hear about it. I was at the beach today. The surf was up. It was great.

by Anonymousreply 2002/09/2013

honey, we had NO snow. nothing to write home or anywhere about.

by Anonymousreply 2102/09/2013

Can you read, R20? Philly got next to nothing. I'm in downtown Philly right now and you wouldn't even know that it was supposed to have snowed.

by Anonymousreply 2202/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!