Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pray The Gay Away Activist Admits To Having Grindr Account

An "ex-gay" Christian advocate, who blogs about how religion saved him from a life of homosexual sin, was recently discovered on gay hookup app Grindr.

Matt Moore, a blogger for the Christian Post, writes extensively about how Christianity has helped him to turn away from a gay lifestyle. But, apparently it didn't help him quite enough to steer him away from Grindr.

"I am wrong in having been on grindr. I haven’t changed my views on homosexuality, the bible, etc.," he say.

"Creating a grindr profile and talking to guys on it was major disobedience on my part….disobedience to Christ. Disobedience to a loving and gracious God. Thankfully, I believe that He forgives me for this disobedience. I believe the blood of Christ covers this disobedience. And I won’t be on grindr again….ever."

Moore also said that the pastor of his church was made aware of his Grindr activities before the news came out publicly.

by Anonymousreply 7602/09/2013

[quote]And I won’t be on grindr again….ever."

Translation: "I'm switching to Scruff."

by Anonymousreply 102/07/2013

"Creating a grindr profile and talking to guys on it was major disobedience on my part….disobedience to Christ. Disobedience to a loving and gracious God. Thankfully, I believe that He forgives me for this disobedience. I believe the blood of Christ covers this disobedience. And I won’t be on grindr again….ever."

What a bunch of happy horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 202/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 302/07/2013

Why do people out these cases so quickly!? Please! It could have been a huge scandal. Filmed sexing etc!

by Anonymousreply 402/07/2013

I feel sorry for these guys, because they want so desperately to change the one thing they cannot. A friend of mine attempted to undergo reparative therapy. The type he underwent had several stages, with one of the later stages being cessation of any type of sexual activity with another guy. My friend was not exactly successful during this stage, and would beat himself up every time he hooked up with another guy. He was dating women at this time as well, at the encouragement of his therapist, so he was a tragic, confused mess at this point. We sort of lost touch and have no idea whatever happened to him.

by Anonymousreply 502/07/2013

Matt Moore has posted on his official website to set the record straight about this Grindr controversy.

by Anonymousreply 602/07/2013

He's a completely fucked-up nasty asshole, but his faceshot on grindr is cute.

by Anonymousreply 702/07/2013

Looks like his prayers didn't work...

by Anonymousreply 802/07/2013

Posted some kind words on his page. He needs some compassion, yet he clearly has surrounded himself with some extremist nut cases.

by Anonymousreply 902/07/2013

I feel very bad for him.. in that life is hard enough: finding a good job, a loving partner, financially surviving, health, etc, than to dedicate your existence trying to "fix" something that isn't wrong with you. What a waste- he's wasting his life away. I hope he gets help.

by Anonymousreply 1002/07/2013

Unless he comes out and says, "I was wrong and this ex-gay shit is total crap," I'm not going to have much sympathy for him.

Ex-ex-gays are even worse. They want us to forgive them for ruining lives with crap they didn't even believe when they were preaching it as if they were just "confused."

He's doing evil stuff and needs to admit it. Until then he's just another fraud trying to have it all.

Also he's pretty stupid: Grindr? Did he ever think he was going to get away with that public stuff?

by Anonymousreply 1102/07/2013

He may be a cock gobbler, but my program can help him turn his back on big cocks, just as I've done.

by Anonymousreply 1202/08/2013

It's too bad he doesn't have my sex drive. I'm 36, very handsome, with an eight inch cock. I have no desire to fuck anyone or be fucked.

by Anonymousreply 1302/08/2013

I don't not feel sorry for these guys. They are very feeble minded.

by Anonymousreply 1402/08/2013

Why is this man trying to be a leader or a "church planter" at this stage of his life, when he doesn't even have his own story straight yet? There are passages of the Bible which give qualifications for leadership, and "not a novice" is one of the important qualifications. The "ex-gay" movement has been a miserable failure, with one hypocrite after another being exposed, including one of the leading "reparative therapy" psychos being caught having hired a male prostitute to go on vacation with him to "carry the luggage". Even Chambers has been changing his doctrines lately, and they seem to all be settling into the Roman Catholic model of saying they will just be celibate homosexuals, and constantly getting absolution. They seem to be giving up on being a "new creation in Christ", where the old sinful homosexual man is dead, and a whole new righteous heterosexual man has taken his place.

by Anonymousreply 1502/08/2013

Do you identify as gay?

Also were you always like that?

by Anonymousreply 1602/08/2013

R15, the Gay Away Activist has a career fleecing christians. You're looking at a free marketing testimonial; he gets to keep his job and proselytize to unhappy gays demonstrating the constant temptations Satan throws at the professionally recovering homo.

Do you think his benefactors care what he does in his spare time? He'll still be used as a draw for cash and his story will be embellished to promote their agenda. You need to pay continuously for therapy sessions to battle the gayness.

And they will pay.

by Anonymousreply 1702/08/2013

He knew he'd be exposed. He says that in the one link above. Didn't try to hide it. Says this is all part of his struggle. If I'm reading it right, he seems to admit he is still gay, but is turning to religion to try and not act on his feelings. Doesn't seem like he's 'turned straight'.

I still don't understand that choice either. Why try to deny who you are ? Who are you trying to make happy by doing that ? Obviously not yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1802/08/2013

His god hates gays, women, blacks, jews, mexicans, muslims, and most baptists, R18.

by Anonymousreply 1902/08/2013

is Marcus Bachmann ever going to come out?

by Anonymousreply 2002/08/2013

HELLO! Everyone knows to use a headless pic on Grindr. What a newbie!

by Anonymousreply 2102/08/2013

[quote]He's a completely fucked-up nasty asshole, but his faceshot on grindr is cute.

His grindr pic IS cute but looks nothing like the pic at R6, which is NOT cute at all. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 2202/08/2013

Have pity on him.

He's a fucking mess.

by Anonymousreply 2302/08/2013

I don't believe that in cases like this the closet case really trusts in God to 'cure' him from being gay. Either he was forced into the Anti-Gay group by his peers or parents or he was looking for a financial angle to form his own group one day and scam other self loathing fags out of their money.

The moment you register or keep a Grindr profile (aka. have random hook-ups with guys) you affirm to yourself and others that 'pray the gay away' does not work.

by Anonymousreply 2402/08/2013

I don't doubt that there is some truth to part of his account in the sense that there are some gays (just as there are some straights) who do become obsessed with sex, hookups etc. and spend a lot of meaningless unhappy years trying to find happiness.

The problem is that when you attribute all of the religious dogma to it and start talking about the Blood of Christ, you've got a problem.

by Anonymousreply 2502/08/2013

[quote]The moment you register or keep a Grindr profile (aka. have random hook-ups with guys)

You can use grindr however you want. It's not all about hookups. Lots of people even say "No Hookups".

by Anonymousreply 2602/08/2013

Why didn't he just say he was on Grindr to find gays to convert? He could have called it his "mission."

by Anonymousreply 2702/08/2013

He says in his latest blog post that he intends to step away from the pubic eye for a while.

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

That even in this day and age when so much progress has been made that people would fall for this crap is incredibly sad. That these people would spend all this money for change that is not going to happen. That a fraud like Miss Marcus Bachmann can still sell his swill. Sad stuff so we need to expose these charlatans.

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

I'm surprised there hasn't been more heat on Marcus Bachmann considered that his wife is a high-profile Republican member of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 3002/08/2013

My question, which is something he DOESN'T address, is how many times Grindr helped him disobey the Lord.

by Anonymousreply 3102/08/2013

considered = considering

by Anonymousreply 3202/08/2013

A fool and his money are soon parted, but you would think that people could show a little better judgement than to pay any of these charlatans for their "reparative therapy". There is no doubt that if they could change homosexuals into heterosexuals, there would be queers lined up on the freeways trying to get there to be changed, and I would certainly be in that queue. They don't let Listerine claim to help cure sore throat anymore, so why do they let these quacks claim to cure homosexuality?

by Anonymousreply 3302/08/2013

R31, he says on his blog that he couldn't find anyone to commit sin with during the time that he had fallen. We all know how hard it is to find someone to get it on with in New Orleans. So let the man's credibility stand for itself.

by Anonymousreply 3402/08/2013

"I would certainly be in that queue"

Eldergay, self-hating tripe.

by Anonymousreply 3502/08/2013

[quote]he couldn't find anyone to commit sin with during the time that he had fallen.

by Anonymousreply 3602/08/2013

R35, I am just being honest. I did not choose to be homosexual, and I never wanted to be homosexual. If there were a way to change this personality trait, and become heterosexual, I would certainly want in on it. But all we have ever had is quackery. And I am including the so-called "sex change" surgery in that quackery. They can castrate and mutilate, and give artificial hormones of the opposite sex, but they can't really change the sex of anybody.

by Anonymousreply 3702/08/2013

R37, If the internet is your only exposure to gay life, you're going to be stuck where you're at for awhile.

Get out and meet real gay people who aren't drunk or stoned.

You sound like me before my last relapse. I was 33 and wanted the 2.5 kids, the picket fence, and some vague wife. Life's not meant to be that predictable. Thank god!

by Anonymousreply 3802/08/2013

R28, great typo!

by Anonymousreply 3902/08/2013

R38, on the opposite side though, there are gays who think they have to sleep around, have a lot of sex etc. in order to express themselves

by Anonymousreply 4002/08/2013

Pathetic loser.

by Anonymousreply 4102/08/2013

He was asking to get caught, particularly since he posted a clear facial pic with "Matt" as his profile name.

by Anonymousreply 4202/08/2013

Why did he use his own name? He should have used a profile or screen name.

by Anonymousreply 4302/08/2013

Why the fuck would you "be in that queue"? I wouldn't want to be straight for anything. I love being gay.

by Anonymousreply 4402/08/2013

They have low self-worth R40.

by Anonymousreply 4502/08/2013

R37, if you we're a black man would you attempt skin bleaching?

by Anonymousreply 4602/08/2013

R40, there are celibate, married, serial monogamous, gays as well.

That's why you don't use the internet for a frame of reference on gay life; only the provocative stuff makes it through all the noise.

Getting back to the OP, we have someone yearning for a hetero-normative lifestyle. It's what he's been raised to expect. He received something different and now he's destroying himself because he thinks he received a raw deal. He chooses to suffer.

Hopefully, marriage equality will provide today's gaylings with more options than that of whore or monk.

We need more gay CPAs or meter readers and less gay footballers or celebutards.

by Anonymousreply 4702/08/2013

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 4802/08/2013

I totally agree R42. And I also believe he gets off on the masochistic debasement of being exposed. I believe it is the turn-on he has been seeking all of his life.

This is one sick person.

by Anonymousreply 4902/08/2013

R46, it happens that I am of Cherokee ancestry and I do have a great deal of melanin in my skin. And no, I would not even consider bleaching my skin. I don't think what you are saying is much of a comparison. I am not going to be involved with Exodus or any of the other ex-gay people because they are all hypocrites and quacks. I am just saying that if it were possible to change sexual orientation, I would most assuredly become heterosexual, marry a nice traditional woman, and have as many children as the mother would agree to bear. I'm not going to try to live in that fantasy world any more than I am going to buy lottery tickets trying to get rich.

by Anonymousreply 5002/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 5102/08/2013

I'm really not getting how wanting to become straight is any different than wanting to become white, R50.

by Anonymousreply 5202/08/2013

Being non-white is not a disability which keeps me from living the same ordinary family life that my brothers live, R52. We are all Cherokee, and that has nothing to do with anything. I can't imagine anyone wanting to become white. On the other hand, being non-heterosexual disables me from the life that I would otherwise be enjoying, and if it were possible to change that, I would certainly do so.

by Anonymousreply 5302/08/2013

Being gay isn't a disability.

The same reasons you want to be straight - being able to enjoy heterosexual privilege - is the same reason some non-white people want to become white - to be able to enjoy white privilege.

by Anonymousreply 5402/08/2013

R53, you can have a family as a gay man, R53. Lot's of people do.

by Anonymousreply 5502/08/2013

R47 fucked the meter reader!

by Anonymousreply 5602/08/2013

I never fucked a meter reader, R56, but there was this man that the power&light company sent around trimming trees near the overhead wires, and he was just too goodlooking to just ignore...............

by Anonymousreply 5702/08/2013

[quote]Lots of people even say "No Hookups".

And they're usually the ones that start conversations with "looking?"

by Anonymousreply 5802/08/2013

Gay Native Americans Rediscover ‘Two-Spirit’ Identity

by Anonymousreply 5902/08/2013

R53, you are the epitome of self-loathing. Seek help and try broadening your horizons a bit.

by Anonymousreply 6002/08/2013

r59, like, duh. Remember me and my Anima and Animus?

The whole having male and female traits inside all of us is no big secret. Same goes for the conscious and subconscious mind (or as the fiction readers and viewers know it as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde).

by Anonymousreply 6102/08/2013

If you've used up all your sick days, just call in GAY.

by Anonymousreply 6202/08/2013

In other ex-gay-hypocrite news ... John "Candi" Paulk, the former Exodus mucky-muck who was busted at a queer bar in DC over a decade ago, has fallen off the wagon again in a big way.

by Anonymousreply 6302/08/2013

I feel bad for him and everyone else who can not accept who they are. His blog post brought tears to my eyes. It's not his fault that his parents and others fucked him up with their religious nonsense. I wish there was a way show him that he is perfect the way he is. He must be in so much pain. I can't imagine what it must be like to not be able to accept and embrace your true nature.

It must be especially painful now, when we are beginning to be accepted, to still be locked into such a hateful self loathing state of mind. Every day he looks around him and he sees people who are happy with their sexual identities and, I think deep inside, he really does think it is ok to be gay. Unfortunately, he knows that the people that mean the most to him can not accept it, so he hurts and hates and dies inside.

by Anonymousreply 6402/08/2013

Ciaran, don't cry too hard over him. His family was accepting of his orientation, and are confused by his reparative therapy nonsense.

Some of these wackos are victims of their environment, but this guy isn't one of them.

by Anonymousreply 6502/08/2013

David Pakman Show story:

by Anonymousreply 6602/09/2013

More proof, if needed, that being gay isn't a choice. He needs to come to terms with himself if he has any chance of a happy life. Otherwise, he'll be dead by 30.

by Anonymousreply 6702/09/2013

R67, despite him not being the best guy out there, I hope this doesn't end up in a suicide

by Anonymousreply 6802/09/2013

Does feeling pity for this guy really makes us better people than these homophobes or does it prove that we are the damn pushovers they think we are?

by Anonymousreply 6902/09/2013

R16, I am gay and out. I just have a very low sex drive. Always have. It sucks. Because, er, I don't like to suck.

by Anonymousreply 7002/09/2013

Nothing wrong with not being interested in sex. I often feel the same way. It's more trouble than it's worth a lot of the time. Our culture puts too much emphasis on it.

by Anonymousreply 7102/09/2013

R13-marry me. I'm in the same boat. I'll probably die alone because, while I'd love to be in a relationship, I have zero, and I mean ZERO, interest in sex.

by Anonymousreply 7202/09/2013

r71, exactly. By making this a great big taboo and negative issue it becomes so much more of a deal than it is.

by Anonymousreply 7302/09/2013

Ugh,stifling ones naturally inclined sexual attraction never works, these People are pathetic hypocrites! who not only ruin their own lives, but the lives of others with the disshonesty & unrealistic expectations they foist upon themselves & thus onto others who think they have changed & they can also.

by Anonymousreply 7402/09/2013

R72, what are your stats? The weird thing is, though I have a low sex drive, I have a very particular type I want to be with. (I have a big daddy thing).

by Anonymousreply 7502/09/2013

I've actually always wanted an asexual boyfriend! I even tried finding a dating site for asexuals before lol.

by Anonymousreply 7602/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!