Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Am I the only gay who dislikes Melissa McCarthy?

She is Roseanne without the irony. I just think she's crass, tries too hard, and I want her to go away.

That insipid "Identity Theft" is a total waste of celluloid, and I have and will never see her CBS sitcoms.

McCarthyians - how do I best appreciate her? Learn me!

by Anonymousreply 11306/08/2015

I second that!

by Anonymousreply 102/07/2013

Commie Pinko!

by Anonymousreply 202/07/2013

I want to drop a fucking house on her.

by Anonymousreply 302/07/2013

Her SNL earned rave reviews, but I didn't quite see it.

Watching a fat girl suck down a bottle of salad dressing might be funny, but it wasn't a big gut-buster.

by Anonymousreply 402/07/2013

She's amazing and now a star.

Eat it!

(You know she will.)

by Anonymousreply 502/07/2013

I doubt she'd even feel it, R3.

by Anonymousreply 602/07/2013

I liked her on Gilmore Girls but I don't want to have to accept fat people in HW. I see enough of them in real life.

by Anonymousreply 702/07/2013

She is funny...that's all. R8 I don't like Lauren at al so I hope that she is jealous.

by Anonymousreply 902/07/2013

Rebel Wilson is going to steal all her thunder this year.

by Anonymousreply 1002/07/2013

She stinks on ice. Hate her. Roseanne was so much better in every way!

by Anonymousreply 1102/07/2013

she is actually very funny(Bridesmaids, SNL)-less so on her sitcom which is poorly written The problem is that they dont know what to do with her so they only want to use her as a female John Belushi (fat, gross, socially inappropriate, etc) Yes, that movie with Jason Bateman looks painfully lame-but wait until you see the trailer of her buddy cop movie with Sandra Bullock-your head will explode

by Anonymousreply 1202/07/2013

She grosses me out. Don't watch anything she is in.

by Anonymousreply 1302/07/2013

"Rebel Wilson is going to steal all her thunder this year."

Rebel already has thunder. Did you not see those thighs?

by Anonymousreply 1402/07/2013

I liked her on Gilmore Girls too.

by Anonymousreply 1502/07/2013

You and Rex Reed.

by Anonymousreply 1602/07/2013

I don't dislike her because she is fat, it's because I find her terribly unfunny

by Anonymousreply 1702/07/2013

I think she's a riot, but I have a feeling she'll get on my nerves pretty quickly if she keeps playing her Bridesmaids character over and over.

by Anonymousreply 1802/07/2013

Melissa tends to get way out of control in slapstick comedy. I think she hurt Bateman in "identity thief" by accident, and the girls from "Bridemaids".

by Anonymousreply 1902/07/2013

Oops, forgot the link!

by Anonymousreply 2002/07/2013

Tiffani Fat Face Thiessen has more fat in her face than Melissa has in her whole body.

by Anonymousreply 2102/07/2013

Not a fan but I will give her credit for receiving an Academy Award nomination for shitting in a sink.

by Anonymousreply 2202/07/2013

I liked her on Gilmore Girls.

by Anonymousreply 2302/07/2013

Relax. She's only a sitcom star, she's not running for office. If you don't like her, don't watch her. Very simple. You whiny queens on here need to get a life.

by Anonymousreply 2402/07/2013

I think she's a good actress, and her character in Bridesmaids was basically what made the movie worth watching for me. I've never seen Mike and Molly because I don't like sitcoms.

But in interviews and such, she seems like she could be kind of mean in real life. But I obviously don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 2502/07/2013

She is not a good actress. She relies too much on her fatness...

I don't think she was as funny in Bridesmaids. She was uncomfortable to watch, and never watched her sitcom.

I watched Gilmore Girls and only today, found out that she was Lorelai's fat friend/co worker. She is not memorable, unless she uses her fatness to garner attention.

by Anonymousreply 2602/07/2013

Excuse me, but she's fatter than Roseanne ever was. But, unlike Roseanne, she also seems nice AND sane. I like her.

by Anonymousreply 2702/07/2013

She was hilarious on her Daily Show interview actors are usually so boring but she made me lol a few times.

by Anonymousreply 2802/07/2013

She was funny in Bridesmaids.

But her "I'm-a-fattie-who's-coming-on-to-you" schtick wears thin very quickly.

She does try too hard, and I'm tired of seeing her.

I do find her husband oddly attractive, and would like to see more of him.

by Anonymousreply 2902/07/2013

I think she's really talented and likable. OP hates anyone who's fat.

by Anonymousreply 3002/07/2013

OP,hope you conquer your own food issues.

I think Melissa is funny and very intelligent - a good, genuine person. T

That horrendous Mike n Molly is awful but it must pay rent and college fund for her girls.

by Anonymousreply 3102/07/2013

No OP, you are not the only one. We went to see Les Miz and had to endure not one but two McCarthy trailers.. back to back! Cannot stand her.

by Anonymousreply 3202/07/2013

[quote]Tiffani Fat Face Thiessen

LOL!

MM's Identity Theft movie looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 3302/07/2013

Why the hate? She's a sweetheart! (I was an improv classmate of hers when she was first starting out & remember her saying how she'd visit her cousin's set, watching from the wings, thinking to herself, "I can do that." It took a lot of hard work on her part from bit cameos to where she is now. She's capable of creating some very funny moments.

by Anonymousreply 3402/08/2013

NYTimes movie critic loved her in Identity Thief - and described her body as "expansive"

I love her and I like to look at her - the only reason I am planning to see Identity Thief is that I like the poster and also because she is starring in it

I think she is gorgeous !

I can't tell what her personality is actually like, however, she comes across adorable and cuddly to me !

As the nytimes described her face, a "kewpie doll" !

by Anonymousreply 3502/08/2013

Compared to Melissa McCarthy Rebel Wilson is about as funny as, as, as, Tommy Lee Jones.

by Anonymousreply 3602/08/2013

My fave fatties hall of fame are........

Ann Wilson Wyonna Judd Melissa McCarthy Beth Ditto

by Anonymousreply 3702/08/2013

She was really funny and nice on Jimmy Kimmel the other night. She used to be a cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 3802/08/2013

I like Melissa McCarthy. I don't watch her sitcom but even the bits I've seen you can tell she's way better than the material.

She's hilarious in Bridesmaids. Just watch her final scene with Kristen Wiig if you want to know if she can act. Her comedy comes from a place that is authentic to the character, she strikes a really delicate tone with it.

Won't see Identity Theft but do look forward to her and Bullock together.

by Anonymousreply 3902/08/2013

Some scenes in the movie trailer with Bullock are funny, but most of them seem forced and too fake.

by Anonymousreply 4002/08/2013

Used to be a cheerleader? How did she become so fat?

Then again, I used to be a drum major, and I'm no prize myself, anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4102/08/2013

I saw previews for that and knew it was a bomb, very unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 4202/08/2013

I have no reason to dislike her. However I don't understand why people think she is funny

by Anonymousreply 4302/08/2013

The woman who plays Phyllis on "The Office" used to be a cheerleader and a professional dancer.

by Anonymousreply 4402/08/2013

Roseanne vs. Melissa? Ha ha ha ha ha.

You stopped noticing Roseanne's weight as that series grew in brilliance, but with McCarthy that's all I see - she's fat and not so funny.

by Anonymousreply 4502/08/2013

Roseanne was very critical of the world around her, Melissa just goes along with it. Which is the difference between baby boomers and Gen X, one are critical thinkers, the others are not.

by Anonymousreply 4602/08/2013

I hate that instead of creating their own brand of humor, women comedians are going along with the sophomoric gross out and scatological boys club type of humor.

by Anonymousreply 4802/08/2013

She is talented and she's pretty. I worry about her fat problem and I'm very sure she worries about it too.

by Anonymousreply 4902/08/2013

She's a vulgarian!

by Anonymousreply 5002/08/2013

Hmmmm, Roseanne is a miserable insane bitch who is ungrateful and mean to everyone - so, I guess they are quite different. And Roseanne stopped being funny well over a decade ago - plus she thinks she has the answer to every problem in the world. Melissa is a nice funny actress who is simply doing her job and as far as I can tell not making everyone around her suffer or pray for her death. Very different indeed.

by Anonymousreply 5102/08/2013

She her teen and early adult years in the shadow of her popular blonde cousin Jenny. No wonder she got fat.

by Anonymousreply 5202/08/2013

I never saw bridesmaids before she was on snl. I died laughing. The sketch where she sent flowers and candy to herself was funny. The Hidden Valley one made me pee my pants. Her just sitting there with a spock sweatshirt....."50 dollars? Oh my god, I could really use that money, it could really get me out of a couple of jams."

by Anonymousreply 5302/08/2013

Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 5402/08/2013

I didn't see Bridesmaids before I saw her on SNL either, and I thought she was hilarious. That was one of the best eps of the season. I don't dislike her at all, nor do I feel there is a reason to.

by Anonymousreply 5502/08/2013

[quote]Am I the only gay who dislikes...

Moron alert!!!!!! Yes, OP, you're the only one. Is that what you're hoping for? You're very special.

by Anonymousreply 5602/08/2013

She's fearless and it's amazing to watch. I would have been fine with her winning the Oscar, in fact I voted for her.

by Anonymousreply 5702/08/2013

I turn off my TV anytime her fat face appears on. She is NOT funny!

Tired of her throwing her fat around on screen, in hopes that the audience laughs.

This woman bears no comparison to Roseanne, Roseanne is on another stratosphere in terms of comedic brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 5802/08/2013

Rondi Reed owns Mike and Molly, and should be the one with the Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 5902/08/2013

I could never stand Roseanne. Melissa McCarthy, while not a favorite of mine, is funny and has a bit of charm, too.

by Anonymousreply 6002/08/2013

She is Jenny McCarthy's first cousin. Jenny gave her her start as a PA on her sketch show.

by Anonymousreply 6102/08/2013

I rather like this little gem of indie sci-fi called the Nines. She plays "Melissa McCarthy, the actress from Gilmore Girls" in it too. Very post-modern

by Anonymousreply 6202/08/2013

She's just not funny, simple as that. She's a one-note actor and not a good one.

by Anonymousreply 6302/10/2013

no fat chicks

by Anonymousreply 6402/10/2013

Don't hate her because she's fat, hate her because she's so not-funny.

This is the same actress that got an Oscar nomination for a film where she takes a dump in a sink. Oy Vay!

by Anonymousreply 6502/10/2013

yes, you are the only one.

by Anonymousreply 6602/10/2013

no, he's not; I don't think she's particularly funny, but America seems to love her.

by Anonymousreply 6702/27/2013

She'll be 43 this year. Late bloomer.

First cousin to "actress" Jenny McCarthy. See the resemblance?

by Anonymousreply 6802/27/2013

Melissa McCarthy is way more than any of us can bear.

by Anonymousreply 6902/27/2013

R67 - irony impaired.

by Anonymousreply 7002/27/2013

Jenny seems to be doing better than Melissa these days.

by Anonymousreply 7109/16/2013

her cameo in Go as the hag roommate is perfect

by Anonymousreply 7209/16/2013

She blows.....not one bit funny. Glad to see so many people feel the same. Just a fat ass - not funny and don't have a clue how she even got on tv - must be related to someone. Seriously, why are people encouraging her to keep making movies?

by Anonymousreply 7306/15/2014

Her voice is terribly annoying. Can't believe she has a career. Completely unfunny, just like her bimbo cousin.

by Anonymousreply 7406/15/2014

Roseanne without the irony. She is extremely ironic in many roles and nothing like Roseanne.

So take your all fat girls are the same bullshit and stuff it.

by Anonymousreply 7506/15/2014

Agree that she's crass, coarse, vulgar and up feminine. Evidently her fatness is baby weight gone mad.

But I feel sorry for her -- her "stardom" -- such as it is, consists of her mouthing off and being an aggressive, in-your-face pig. The starring roles she's offered are limiting, and she's in a bind. Suppose she WANTED to lose weight, and become a normal-sized comic actress: she now has a team of hangers-on that will tell her she can't do it, that it would kill her career. So she's got to look like a fat, disgusting ox while other, prettier actresses get the glamour treatment and respect.

by Anonymousreply 7606/15/2014

Tammy is coming out soon and it looks funny.

by Anonymousreply 7706/15/2014

HATE HER! The rest of the cast of her show is great. She phones it in.

Now I love Rebel Wilson! Naturally funny and seems nice too.

by Anonymousreply 7806/15/2014

She will be the John Candy of her generation. She has to weigh over 350 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 7906/15/2014

She pretty much portrays the same character on just about everything, like most US TV actors.

by Anonymousreply 8006/15/2014

I can't stand her. Not funny. Irritating as hell. She's exactly the same in every role she's in. I guess her one note shtick passes for talent.

by Anonymousreply 8106/15/2014

No OP you are not the only on here who dislike fat people. Haw dare she get all pissy because no one wants to, or is able to make a dress for a woman of her size. She really expects on of these top designers to be able to make her look nice by making her a dress? These people work with scissors, not a magic wond. She needs to realize her expectations are way to high. If she wants to look she need to give the something else to work with. She has the body of a beach ball. I like how she throws the blame in the designers hands and she plays victim. Sad birth, get on a diet and lose weight. If u lost 200 lbs and had a decent figure they'd be able to work with, they'd be chasing after you.

by Anonymousreply 8206/15/2014

Beach balls don't smell like unwiped ass.

by Anonymousreply 8306/15/2014

I like fat. I am fat. Love Cam on Modern Family and Rebel Wilson. But I can't stand the crassness of Melissa McCarthy.

by Anonymousreply 8406/15/2014

I think Melissa is funny as hell in Bridesmaids.

However, her white trash shtick is starting to get old. FAST.

by Anonymousreply 8506/15/2014

I like that she's a fat chick with the balls to be fat like nearly everybody else. She doesn't try to be as sexy and hot as, say, Sarah Silverman. Her style suits her.

by Anonymousreply 8606/16/2014

The trailer for Tammy made people cringe at a recent screening. I don't find her funny at all, just repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 8706/16/2014

you got a hate on for melissa. she remind you of your tubby self you miracle cream snorting suck monkey?

by Anonymousreply 8806/17/2014

Well, I am a (male) Bisexual, and I CAN'T STAND MM!! But my sexual preferences has nothing at all to do with it. The gross out sophomoric frat boy humor is just that. Other posters have mentioned "white trash humor" Good analogy. "She's fat, she's gross, she's clueless, lets have several scenes where she runs, cause fat girls are cute when they run" yuck, yuck, yuck! we get it. She'll make her millions and die young of heart disease or kidney failure brought on by diabetes, and she will be fodder for tabloids with headlines like "Melissa's brave fight!" Or hey, maybe she can start a new career yo-yoing her weight like that dip-shit Kirstey Allie for Jenny Craig?

by Anonymousreply 8906/24/2014

She is a stitch!! Bless her enlarged heart. I'm stuck on her like one of her many dingleberries

by Anonymousreply 9006/24/2014

As far as I'm concerned, she ruined Bridesmaids. Hated that vulgar part she played and she seems to have been typecast. She's the female version of Vince Vaughn - always playing the same role. She should reject future vulgar roles going forward if she cares at all about her career.

by Anonymousreply 9106/24/2014

I'm sure Melissa is a sweet lady, but she always comes across as obnoxious in her films. Haven't seen any of them except "Bridemaids" and she was pretty annoying in that film too.

by Anonymousreply 9206/24/2014

[quote]you got a hate on for melissa. she remind you of your tubby self you miracle cream snorting suck monkey?

Yeah, I'm fat...so, get over it (bitch). It's not her weight that bothers me, but the annoying characters that she plays that puts me off.

The Tammy trailer is just awful.

by Anonymousreply 9306/24/2014

She reminds me so much of Chris Farley.

by Anonymousreply 9406/24/2014

I hate her movies--she is a one note joke who cannot act.

Mike and Molly has a good cast EXCEPT for her.

Rebel Wilson IS funny and seems like a great person who would be a good friend.

by Anonymousreply 9506/24/2014

Looking forward to Tammy. Find her very funny.

by Anonymousreply 9606/24/2014

She sucks the big one! In her last three movies she played 3 despicable characters without one redeeming quality. No, I only watched ID Theft and 2 minutes of the Bullock mess, but you could see a pattern. Not only were these characters horrible fat pig jerks who thought the world had wronged them, but their way to cope was by constant swearing, farting, throwing up, belching and hurting everybody in sight; physically and emotionally. Can't stand this bitch. Another gay who dislikes her, but way beyond dislike. Too bad, I did like her in Bridesmaids. I am probably the only person who thinks Bullock is a mediocre talent. Her performance in Gravity was boring and mostly ridiculous... eeny meeny miiny mo. Ha!!! One of the worst scenes ever in a movie. Shame on the academy for her nomination! Thank goodness she did not win!

by Anonymousreply 9709/23/2014

Она реально хуевая толстуха, которая заебала уже меня. Большая жирная сучара.

by Anonymousreply 9801/28/2015

No, I hate that Hollywood keeps using her as if we all like her. Her acting style has been done by many other actors over the past decade. She isnt funny. Just shows hollywood chooses who will be a star no matter what the public wants. Glad they can force her on all of us. Even great actors are becoming shitty since they have to be in these newer dumbass movies. I was stoked to hear about a new ghostbuster movie. Definitely was surprised it will be an all female cast. To be honest, thats cool! However, using Messlia has to be a joke. I won't be seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 9901/30/2015

Oh Gog....she isn't funny, at all. The only thing she has to her credit is that she's wildly fat!

by Anonymousreply 10006/02/2015

She's gross! Being morbidly obese doesn't make someone funny.

by Anonymousreply 10106/02/2015

So good at playing an overweight woman with little in the way of modesty who'll pull out all of the stops in order to get a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 10206/02/2015

Well get ready bitches, she's coming to Broadway in H*A*Z*E*L*!!!

by Anonymousreply 10306/02/2015

I like her and she's talented and funny.

Obese doesn't mean she can't act or be funny. Hating obese people makes you mean, narrow...pretty much a total asshole.

by Anonymousreply 10406/02/2015

Fat white trash frau.

by Anonymousreply 10506/02/2015

Ugh gag me. I liked her on Gilmore girls.

by Anonymousreply 10606/07/2015

OP, don't worry. She'll be dead soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 10706/07/2015

I like her. Melissa does play OTT characters but I suspect that's because that's what the public want from her. She does have more range than her recent spate of movies suggest though. She was the only decent thing in Gilmore girls (although she wasn't in it enough to make it worth watching more than twice) and she was great in Samantha Who. Neither of those characters were like the characters she plays in movies.

Plus I'd take her over her idiot cousin any day of the week.

by Anonymousreply 10806/07/2015

She doesn't play the same type on Mike and Molly. I think that's why she doesn't mind doing to movies, she knows people have gotten to see her do other things so she's okay getting type cast for the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 10906/07/2015

And Spy still has a 95% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. That's [italic]up[/italic] from yesterday, when it sat at 94%.

by Anonymousreply 11006/07/2015

She's dreary. Everything she does makes me feel sad for her, like she's expressing her self-loathing in unhealthy ways. Hearing her name makes me want to cry and then send a donation to Unicef.

by Anonymousreply 11106/08/2015

"Spy" was excellent. Laugh out loud funny. She has an exceptional comedic sensibility.

by Anonymousreply 11206/08/2015

R112 = Walter Monheit

by Anonymousreply 11306/08/2015
Need more help? Click Here.