Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Celebrity personal assistants spill the tea

[quote] From Naomi Campbell's crazy demands to Lady Gaga's child-like tantrums: Celebrity personal assistants reveal what working for the A-list is REALLY like

[quote] Two former celebrity personal assistants, who lived at the 24-hour, seven days a week, beck and call of their A-list employers, have revealed the inner workings of a job that knows no boundaries, but pays incredibly well. Rebecca White and Jennifer O'Neill, who have worked for the likes of Lady Gaga, Naomi Campbell and Claire Danes, opened up to the New York Post's Jane Ridely to give a candid behind-the-scenes look into the world of a celebrity aide. Ms O'Neill, 39, said: 'There’s no such thing as overtime or having your own life. You are married to these people. You are literally in a relationship with them.'

[more at link]

by Anonymousreply 802/07/2013

[quote]making the 26-year-old diva carry her own suitcases, and failing simple tasks like laying out her toothbrush and soap.

How fucking lazy are these bitches? They can't do their own soap and toothbrushes.

[quote]And one actor awoke his New York-based personal assistant at 4am with an 'urgent' phone call. 'He was five hours ahead in London, and he was asking her to call the hotel because his bathroom was running out of toilet paper,' said MS Low-Kramen.

HE couldn't call the hotel himself? Un-fucking-believable!

by Anonymousreply 102/07/2013

I'm guessing these people are not planning to work in the industry ever again.

by Anonymousreply 202/07/2013

R2, That may be true. There have been a few gossip chat sites over the years where someone actually starts off, "I'm retiring from my current're welcome in advance."

by Anonymousreply 302/07/2013

Typical of anyone with a good deal of power. Many of my friends are now unofficially understood to be on call 24/7 for their jobs. And sometimes it turns from business into a relationship with a psychopath.

A friend, for example, was GM of a popular restaurant. The owner once called him, ranting and drunk (and probably high) at 2am, because a piece of his furniture broke at home. He told my friend to go to the restaurant immediately and clean all of the furniture there. I don't know.

I don't know who would be BFFs with an A-list celebrity, knowing how demanding they pretty much all become.

by Anonymousreply 402/07/2013

more, please

by Anonymousreply 502/07/2013

[quote]I'm guessing these people are not planning to work in the industry ever again.

Their loss! Who in their right minds [italic]wouldn't[/italic] want me to throw cellphones at them day and night?

by Anonymousreply 602/07/2013

[quote]more, please

You might be on the wrong website for more info. of this kind that's as close as possible to accurate.

by Anonymousreply 802/07/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!