Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING - 3 Southern California police officers have been shot, & 1 has been confirmed dead

[quote]CBS This Morning ‏@CBSThisMorning

[quote]3 Southern California police officers have been shot, & 1 has been confirmed dead. The suspect is a former LAPD officer.

by Anonymousreply 41702/12/2013

But if only those Police had guns....

by Anonymousreply 102/07/2013

Obviously, what the police need are armed guards.

by Anonymousreply 202/07/2013

Seems like they did, R3.

[quote]police officers have been shot

by Anonymousreply 402/07/2013

If these were Louisiana State Police, I'd be celebrating.

by Anonymousreply 502/07/2013

[quote]According to documents from a court of appeals hearing in October 2011, Dorner was fired from the LAPD after he made a complaint against his field training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans. Dorner said that in the course of an arrest, Evans kicked suspect Christopher Gettler, a schizophrenic with severe dementia.

[quote]Following an investigation, Dorner was fired for making false statements.

[quote]Richard Gettler, the schizophrenic man's father, gave testimony that supported Dorner's claim. After his son was returned on July 28, 2007, Richard Gettler asked "if he had been in a fight because his face was puffy" and his son responded that he was kicked twice in the chest by a police officer.

Dorner felt the lawyer who represented him before the Board of Rights, worked more for the department than for him, so his first victim was the lawyer's daughter. The second was her fiance.

Now he's crossing Riverside County shooting any cop who gets in his way. The LAPD has guards on all the people involved in this ex-cop's firing.

The medi is saying he is a Navy Reservist, but the photos of him in training make him look like a SEAL. If so, the cops are in big(ger) trouble...

by Anonymousreply 702/07/2013

Here's the wire story:

by Anonymousreply 802/07/2013

If he's a SEAL, it might end up like the Prince of Tides.

by Anonymousreply 902/07/2013

I'm picturing Ryan Gosling as Dorner, with Fincher directing.

by Anonymousreply 1102/07/2013

"Hmm so he's a good guy that the police force tried to destroy for having ethics. I hope he shoots a bunch of them."

What is it with Americans overreacting to every slight with murder? I hope he shoots a bunch of them?? Wtf is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 1202/07/2013

The problem is, he's shooting cops who had nothing to do with this -- he just ambushed two more in Torrance.

by Anonymousreply 1302/07/2013

All these guns have made America such a safe place.

by Anonymousreply 1402/07/2013

[quote] Hmm so he's a good guy that the police force tried to destroy for having ethics. I hope he shoots a bunch of them.

That's his story. And I don't buy it.

Get used to this. It is our future as more and more fucked up people return from wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and become police officers.

by Anonymousreply 1502/07/2013

[quote] The problem is, he's shooting cops who had nothing to do with this -- he just ambushed two more in Torrance.

The Torrance issue isn't related to the rest of this mess.

by Anonymousreply 1602/07/2013

Guns have A LOT to do with it, moron.

If he only had a sword or a knife or his fists, no one would be dead.

by Anonymousreply 1702/07/2013

If a man is determined to kill and the government won't permit him to own guns, he'll use a hack saw.

by Anonymousreply 1802/07/2013

They are saying it is on the news.

by Anonymousreply 1902/07/2013

Now he Torrance cops are saying it is, too.

by Anonymousreply 2002/07/2013

He was also "fired" from the Naval Reserve after being found guilty of lying about his training officer.

See a pattern here/

by Anonymousreply 2202/07/2013

Rambling online manifesto posted by the shooter

by Anonymousreply 2302/07/2013

What an amazing coincidence that TWO of his training officers, from two difference organizations, were out to get him.

by Anonymousreply 2402/07/2013

Psychopath with a gun. Don't forget he didn't just kill his lawyer's daughter [the lawyer being an LaPD captain) he also killed her fiancee plus these 3 officers.

by Anonymousreply 2502/07/2013

R3 needs to die of embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 2602/07/2013

His Navy career sounds as if it ended only recently, and because the LAPD firing affected his military review. We will see if they just released him honorably to get rid of him.

by Anonymousreply 2702/07/2013

[quote] he also killed her fiancee plus these 3 officers.

Only one of the officers shot today/last night has died.

by Anonymousreply 2802/07/2013

American continues to be such a violent country. Americans make fun of Mexico and other countries for their violence yet can't keep their own house in order.

Every week, every day new stories about people shooting others. The killings never seem to stop.

by Anonymousreply 2902/07/2013

bump

by Anonymousreply 3002/07/2013

The Torrance incident was one of two where innocent people in trucks matching the killer's truck were shot by police

by Anonymousreply 3102/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 3202/07/2013

[quote]I'm picturing Ryan Gosling as Dorner, with Fincher directing.

He's a big, handsome black guy; I'm sure The Rock is on the phone with his agent as I type this.

by Anonymousreply 3302/07/2013

Hold me, David, I'm scared!

by Anonymousreply 3402/07/2013

Now that my acting career has taken off (see last night's "SVU" where I played opposite Jan Brady), I request to be considered for the role.

by Anonymousreply 3502/07/2013

I will consider directing the film only if I can depict numerous scenes of WHITE cops getting their brains sprayed all over the screen.

by Anonymousreply 3802/07/2013

[quote]Americans make fun of Mexico and other countries for their violence yet can't keep their own house in order.

Feel free to leave. Mexico would love to have you.

by Anonymousreply 3902/07/2013

R37, why would you trust the word of a woman who is known to use excessive force on suspects and detainees?

by Anonymousreply 4002/07/2013

[quote]Would you expect anything less from the father?

Would you expect anything less from the cops, R37? Cops have been known to lie, even under oath in a court of law. It happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 4102/07/2013

They won't find him, this dude has probably already escaped across the border.

by Anonymousreply 4202/07/2013

[quote] These cops deserve everything coming to them.

REALLY?! Are you fucking insane?

by Anonymousreply 4302/07/2013

Police officers have long used the thin blue line to protect themselves from the repercussions of their bad behavior.

It looks like they ganged up on this guy after he reported his training officer for kicking a suspect in the face.

by Anonymousreply 4402/07/2013

Dorner seems like a decent guy, except for the shooting people part.

by Anonymousreply 4502/07/2013

r45= Nancy Lanza

by Anonymousreply 4602/07/2013

R46 = Nancy Grace

by Anonymousreply 4702/07/2013

"the LAPD like many US police departments is full of completely corrupt psychopathic scum. Good riddance."

Honey, 2/3 of his victims have been completely innocent.

by Anonymousreply 4802/07/2013

You know that for a fact, R48?

by Anonymousreply 4902/07/2013

He has every cop across three counties gunning for him, the FBI, the Border Patrol, and the military is keeping an eye out, and he's still eluding them.

by Anonymousreply 5002/07/2013

Even if this killing machine believes he has a vendetta against a department than done him wrong, he does not handle it by killing people regardless of whether they were innocent or not. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 5102/07/2013

When r51 typed all that, his butt twitched in a most sanctimonious manner.

And all the victims were innocent -- especially the two white ladies gunned down by nervous cops because they happened by in a blue truck.

by Anonymousreply 5202/07/2013

If they get in between him and freedom, they'll get killed, R51.

End of story.

by Anonymousreply 5302/07/2013

Looks like he set his car on fire in Big Bear.

by Anonymousreply 5502/07/2013

[quote] It looks like they ganged up on this guy after he reported his training officer for kicking a suspect in the face.

Because the ranting, raving rage-killer is clearly a credible source.

And this is the SECOND training officer that he's made accusations against that were ruled baseless. I guess he's just got the world's most rotten luck.

by Anonymousreply 5602/07/2013

He was a cop so he knows how to catch people, so he also knows what he needs to do not to get caught.

by Anonymousreply 5702/07/2013

[quote]And this is the SECOND training officer that he's made accusations against that were ruled baseless. I guess he's just got the world's most rotten luck.

One training officer, and one group of cadets who called him the racial slur. Those cadets were punished.

We've yet to hear details from the Navy -- all we know about them is his service with them ended on Feb. 3.

by Anonymousreply 5802/07/2013

R56, or he's had rotten luck in getting placed with abusive training officers. Having charges ruled baseless in corrupt police departments and in the military doesn't mean innocence.

by Anonymousreply 5902/07/2013

Why couldn't he find a nice, normal job, like as a postal employee?

by Anonymousreply 6002/07/2013

[quote]Why couldn't he find a nice, normal job, like as a postal employee?

Or he could have become a corporate manager and taken it out on his employees the way so many of them do.

by Anonymousreply 6102/07/2013

This bastard is psychotic as diplayed in his "manifesto." Anyone here who defends him on this board has just outed themselves as psychotic as well.

Anyone here who supports the murder of police officers and civilians should be tagged and banned.

He just killed, in the most heinous and cruel way, a young couple who were engaged to be married. She was a beloved basketball coach who was Chinese and her fiance was black.

This scumbag has written that he is out to get all races, including gays and lesbians.

Webmaster, ban the posters who support this asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6202/07/2013

[quote]Hmm so he's a good guy that the police force tried to destroy for having ethics.

Yes, and he's showing just what a deeply good guy he is by killing the relatives of people who crossed him.

[quote]I hope he shoots a bunch of them.

You sound like the same sort of good guy he is.

by Anonymousreply 6302/07/2013

Why even bother replying to r10 when it's so much easier to FF the bastard. Hope it gets banned.

by Anonymousreply 6502/07/2013

[quote]The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said. One suffered a minor wound, and the other was struck twice and listed in stable condition, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck told reporters. "Tragically," Beck said, "we believe this is a case of mistaken identity."

Their pickup was riddled with bullets. The lawsuit/settlement means they'll never have to sling another a paper in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 6602/07/2013

He looks very different in the Fox and CNN photo than he does in the CBS photo.

CNN-

by Anonymousreply 6702/07/2013

R62, can you provide a link showing that he said he was after random people of all races and gays and lesbians? I haven't heard that.

by Anonymousreply 6802/07/2013

I just checked again. I wonder if CBS had the wrong photo posted before. It is not the same as they had this morning.

by Anonymousreply 6902/07/2013

Throughout that entire manifesto he blames almost everyone he ever came in contact with for making him get angry and have to punch or strangle them.

He wasn't a bully as a child. It was that kid in the playground who made him beat him up.

That cop in the van did not listen to him so he had to take matters into his own hands and strangle him.

Those other officers in the van made him mad by not standing up for him so now he had to shoot them all.

He goes on and on about he is only doing this for justice.

by Anonymousreply 7002/07/2013

He's pro gay. No really. His online message left for Ellen:

Ellen DeGeneres:

Ellen Degeneres, continue your excellent contribution to entertaining America and bringing the human factor to entertainment. You changed the perception of your gay community and how we as Americans view the LGBT community. I congratulate you on your success and opening my eyes as a young adult, and my generation to the fact that you are know different from us other than who you choose to love. Oh, and you Prop 8 supporters, why the f*ck do you care who your neighbor marries. Hypocritical pieces of sh*t.

by Anonymousreply 7102/07/2013

R71 Does he say whether he's a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 7202/07/2013

Maybe they need to quit hiring just any old Joe off the street to be a cop and actually try hiring decent people and having some standards.

by Anonymousreply 7302/07/2013

What are you saying, R74? That this guy isn't mentally disturbed.

by Anonymousreply 7502/07/2013

[quote]Also I don't get how the media is already concluding that this guy, who obviously was done wrong, and seeking revenge on those who did him wrong

You've conveniently left out he's also seeking deadly revenge by killing CHILDREN of those he perceives have done him wrong.

[quote]is like a crazed animal who needs to be put down.

Yes, he offers no danger to the community or to innocents whatsoever. He should be handled with lollipops and sound logic, not the use of deadly force. He's no crazed animal! It's perfectly reasonable and perfectly human to murder the children of those you perceive have done you wrong.

by Anonymousreply 7602/07/2013

[quote]I read his Manifesto, He seems like a pretty descent guy. IMHO.

"Decent" is the first word that comes to mind with someone who murders the daughter of the man who bungled his chances at getting his job back just to punish him.

by Anonymousreply 7702/07/2013

They sent a SWAT team up to where the burned truck was found, but I sense he's long gone from the area. He probably had another car up there, and now they don't know what he's driving.

Meaning every big muscular black guy is now going to get targeted by cops.

by Anonymousreply 7802/07/2013

Is he as fat as he is in his CNN photo or slimmer and sexy like in his gawker photo?

by Anonymousreply 7902/07/2013

He's got a real problem with lesbian police officers. He writes of their agenda to dominate male officers and of thier "feminism."

I'm guessing the officer that he reported he perceived as lesbian. I'm guessing that he didn't want to 'take any shit' off of a lesbian officer.

He is committed to killing lesbians, as well as "Uncle Tom" asians, black, and latinos.

His psychosis seems grandiose and messianistic. He thinks he is fixing the world with his killing sprees, and refuses to take any responsibilty for his life.

by Anonymousreply 8002/07/2013

No one needs to be "put down", not this guy, not Saddam Hussein. The death penalty is barbaric.

This poor guy is mentally ill.

Civilian lives are worth as much as the lives of police officers and it is just as tragic when they die - yes, including the victims of this shooter.

Killing people as revenge - even state-sanctioned killing - is barbaric.

by Anonymousreply 8102/07/2013

[quote] Also I don't get how the media is already concluding that this guy, who obviously was done wrong, and seeking revenge on those who did him wrong; is like a crazed animal who needs to be put down.

He was not "obviously" done wrong because he claims that he's the poor-baby victim like every other asshole ever to pick up a gun and seek revenge. And considering that he's executing completely innocent people, he's a got credibility issues to say the least.

And maybe they think he's a crazed animal who needs to be put down because of things like:

[quote] "I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I'm terminating yours," he wrote.

If you sincerely "don't get" that, then you need to seek help.

by Anonymousreply 8202/07/2013

You really think this guy wants to be brought in alive?

by Anonymousreply 8302/07/2013

Fuck all--if everyone in this world who has been done wrong sought revenge, there would be no human race.

Good grief, he wasn't raped as a child, or sold into sexual slavery. Many children, unfortunately are, worldwide. They REALLY have a complaint to file against the world, not this asshole.

Sociopaths are always looking to present a pity story. This overfed, coddled, baby-man with a gun is throwing a murderous tantrum and you PITY HIM?!?

Are some of you insane?

by Anonymousreply 8402/07/2013

If any of you, my DL brothers, are big beefy black guys in California, please go inside and stay there.

The cops are trigger happy right now, and have already fired on three innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 8502/07/2013

It's a shame the LAPD drove such a well read man to this.

by Anonymousreply 8602/07/2013

Indeed. All big chocolate brothers better hide. LAPD is going psycho right now. chief better rein them in.

The count: 2 officers shot 1 officer dead in Riverside/Corona --shot by suspect

2 women shot 1 man shot both mistaken identities because of pick up trucks. --shot by LAPD

by Anonymousreply 8702/07/2013

[quote]Also I don't get how the media is already concluding that this guy, who obviously was done wrong, and seeking revenge on those who did him wrong; is like a crazed animal who needs to be put down.

Are you really that dumb? That said, by your logic, the LAPD has been wronged(by the killing of the one officer and the Captain's daughter) so they should absolutely seek revenge on this psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 8802/07/2013

Michael van Poppel ✔ @mpoppel

BREAKING -- Wanted ex-LAPD cop mailed package to CNN's Anderson Cooper

by Anonymousreply 8902/07/2013

Dorner's favorite celebs ask him to surrender:

by Anonymousreply 9002/07/2013

More violence in America. More killings. Such a violent world you folks live in.

by Anonymousreply 9102/07/2013

R91, America is going to shit. You are right. Overgrown baby-men who have to go around murdering innocents. Happens every day, in every city. It's a shit-hole. And to top it all off, jobs are scarce, we have limited or no avilable health care, gang graffiti is uglying-up the streets, our food is fattening and non-nutricious, and yet somehow, someway, everyone can afford full-sleeve tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 9202/07/2013

Clearly the guy is mentally ill and deserves all the punishment he gets when caught.

But, some of his criticisms of the LAPD and various officer behavior seems completely believable.

My administrative assistant was reading aloud the manifesto after printing it out. Oh, boy.

by Anonymousreply 9302/07/2013

R92 Thanks, I need to become a tattoo artist for job security.

by Anonymousreply 9402/07/2013

[quote]This scumbag has written that he is out to get all races, including gays and lesbians.

I know he ripped on lesbians in the manifesto, but didn't see anything specifically about gay men.

He even labeled certain black officers as "high value targets" or something and has problems some blacks. At least he's not discriminating in who he wants to kill.

by Anonymousreply 9502/07/2013

He's not a "good guy." He's a crazed killer.

But, it's not impossible for him to be crazy and and awful person for what he's doing AND believe that some of what he saw on the police force was true. You really think the LAPD has never used unnecessary force or been corrupt? (Rolls eyes).

by Anonymousreply 9602/07/2013

That's what I tried to say above, R96.

by Anonymousreply 9702/07/2013

Of course individuals could be corrupt on the police force. But he seemed to target a perceived lesbian in an attempt to slander her and hound her out of the department. LAPD didn't fall for his tactics and I will bet you he showed obvious disdain for lesbians in other ways.

He's too psycho for words in his admiration for these celebrities. Who would do that? Who would write about 'stars' you don't even know in your 'manifesto' about killing everyone?

There is a fine line between hatred and love for these types and his admiration for celebrities can turn dangerous on a whim. I'm sure detectives have spoken with these celebs and warned them that he could be looking for them.

They must be scared out of their wits, good grief.

by Anonymousreply 9802/07/2013

Did his manifesto mention Zsa-Zsa? I would imagine he would be a big fan after she slapped a cop years ago.

by Anonymousreply 9902/07/2013

Damn video games.

by Anonymousreply 10002/07/2013

[quote]"I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I'm terminating yours. Quan, Anderson, Evans, and BOR members. Look your wives/husbands and surviving children directly in the face and tell them the truth as to why your children are dead," it read. "This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now lead to deadly consequences. Your day has come."

I've always the thought the way to get back at someone is to harm his family.

by Anonymousreply 10102/07/2013

It's very Asian r101 -- in Korea, when people act up, the cops bring in their parents and rough them up in front of the suspect.

by Anonymousreply 10202/07/2013

Writing about these celebrities is his way of stalking them.

What a nutter.

by Anonymousreply 10302/07/2013

He'll either kill himself when cops are closing in, or he'll try to go out dramatically in a hail of bullets like Butch and Sundance.

Terrible story. Here's hoping they get him before he guns down more people. Or the antsy LAPD mistakenly shoots other civilians.

by Anonymousreply 10402/07/2013

[quote]Of course individuals could be corrupt on the police force. But he seemed to target a perceived lesbian in an attempt to slander her and hound her out of the department. LAPD didn't fall for his tactics and I will bet you he showed obvious disdain for lesbians in other ways.

So are you saying it's absolutely not possible that the female cop stomped the face of a detained perp?

by Anonymousreply 10502/07/2013

Fugitive ex-cop sent parcel to CNN, Anderson Cooper tweets

February 7, 2013 | 4:08 pm

CNN Anchor Anderson Cooper said via Twitter on Thursday that he received a parcel from the former Los Angeles police officer wanted in connection with a series of shootings that have left three people dead and two wounded.

Cooper shared the news on the social media website around 3 p.m.

“Learned today suspect Christopher Dorner sent me a parcel at CNN,” Cooper tweeted. “Inside was a note, DVD, and a coin shot thru with bullet holes.”

Cooper did not immediately release any additional information.

by Anonymousreply 10602/07/2013

I knew Anderson Cooper had to figure into this thread eventually--he figures into ALL DL threads!

by Anonymousreply 10702/07/2013

The fact that this loony was a LAPD officer at one time speaks volumes. I live in San Diego and I'm kind of concerned about going outside now. I don't look anything like him, but I'm still concerned ( fearful of the cops not him).

Do you guys think that the media should be reading portions of his manifesto on air?

by Anonymousreply 10802/07/2013

My God, CNN can't get rid of him now. He's a news MAGNET.

[quote]Do you guys think that the media should be reading portions of his manifesto on air?

Why? It's easily available. Is he demanding it?

by Anonymousreply 11002/07/2013

Actually, the Quan's fiancee had recently graduated from the Ventura County police academy and was an public safety officer at USC.

Very attractive couple.

by Anonymousreply 11102/07/2013

The gal's fiance was a graduate of the Ventura Co Police Academy and working as a Safety Officer (cop) at USC.

So two cops and one cop's daughter are dead, one cop wounded, and two white women shot by cops in Torrance because they were in a blue truck that was sort of like the gunman's.

by Anonymousreply 11202/07/2013

Run BAMBI! RUN!!

by Anonymousreply 11302/07/2013

R104 I am sure he is planning suicide by cop.

by Anonymousreply 11402/07/2013

Now the LAPD is diagnosing him as a narcissist.

HR always diagnoses people with workman comp applications or problems with their bosses as having NPD.

by Anonymousreply 11502/07/2013

He's probably already dead.

by Anonymousreply 11602/07/2013

[quote]So two cops and one cop's daughter are dead,

Isn't a cop's daughter "a civilian"?

Or is she somehow equated to a cop since she is related to one?

by Anonymousreply 11702/07/2013

And (to continue r115) didn't he say in his manifesto that Quan pretended to be for him but was actually working to protect the LAPD? Isn't that what everyone says about HR?

He's taken workplace violence to a whole new level -- far wider in time and space.

by Anonymousreply 11802/07/2013

Release your pee pee r117 -- I just said she was a cop's daughter, not that she was a cop.

by Anonymousreply 11902/07/2013

What the hell is wrong with you r109? That's the count without counting the original murder that kicked this off. The count of today, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 12002/07/2013

Oh and BTW r109, next time check the time of posts. Any update can change with more info coming in. Calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 12102/07/2013

Anthony Anderson or LL Cool J should play him.

by Anonymousreply 12202/07/2013

I vote LL Cool J r122

by Anonymousreply 12302/07/2013

I like Anthony Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 12402/07/2013

He was stationed at the same base as my brother is stationd at Fallon Naval Air Station (NV) and he said they've shut down all non military personel from coming on base because of this guy. Said that if they hear he's anywhere in NV the whole base will go on lock down. Also said that NV Highway Patrol is looking for him to cross into NV.

by Anonymousreply 12502/07/2013

Apparently, he has a house near Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 12602/07/2013

He's up in Big Bear. They found his burned-out truck and fresh tracks.

More snow tonight in the mountains. Unless this creep is a bigtime survivalist he won't last long up there.

Wonder why he turned tail so fast. I thought he wanted a war.

Just another pussy with lots of hardware.

by Anonymousreply 12702/07/2013

He probably has a car stashed up there. Or he'll steal one if he hasn't already.

by Anonymousreply 12802/07/2013

He's going to wait for late night dark, and then strike again.

by Anonymousreply 13002/07/2013

This guy. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 13102/07/2013

Jesus, three people were shot at in Torrance. The two women delivering papers were shot by undercover LAPD. Then a Torrance officer responding to the scene shot the driver of *another* pickup. Christ! Do they look before they shoot? Fortunately, the person wasn't hurt, but the windshield was shot out.

by Anonymousreply 13202/07/2013

Here's a little something for the Dorner supporters on this thread. Perhaps you could mosey over there for some like-minded conversation:

[quote]I don't doubt that the cops shot up and killed their own just to blame him so everyone can be scared and turn him in," wrote a "Sarah Bianez," near Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 13402/07/2013

L.A. Times blog:

"Updated at 1:14 p.m., Feb. 7: There had been multiple reported sightings in the Big Bear area on Thursday of Dorner's pickup truck, sources said. Dorner was last seen wearing military fatigues and has a military ID. Coincidentally, at the Bear Mountain and Snow Summit ski resorts, customers who wore their military uniforms on Thursday could purchase a discounted $38 lift ticket."

What could go wrong?

by Anonymousreply 13602/07/2013

*snort* he sure knows what days to pick

by Anonymousreply 13702/07/2013

As to Sgt. Stomper: if you locked up all the cops in the LAPD, you'd have gotten half the thugs off the streets.

by Anonymousreply 13802/07/2013

"So many false information...the media is like a circus, I even think they are really trying to confuse even us Conspiracy Theoirist, I know that most of the public is blind to all of this, but how can one person be at 2 place at once?"

From a pro-Dorner board. What a genius this guy is. Oh Conspiracy Theoirist, I bet it wouldn't take much suds to brainwash you..

by Anonymousreply 14002/07/2013

if this were a movie, he'd be in the exact opposite place of wherever Big Bear is.

by Anonymousreply 14102/07/2013

Sarah Bianez, who wrote the the Facebook post at R134, spent her day tweeting her favorite celebrities asking for a retweet because it's her birthday. She is also the mother of a small child.

by Anonymousreply 14302/07/2013

I don't get all the Cop hate on this thread.

That said, I would hate to be a husky Black man driving a pickup truck in Orange County tonight.

by Anonymousreply 14402/07/2013

Yes I believe he was wronged by the Police Dept. They probably DID fire him because he dared to report abuse. That being said he is still a psycho for what he is doing.

by Anonymousreply 14502/07/2013

Where are those drones when you need them?

by Anonymousreply 14602/07/2013

QED R144 QED

by Anonymousreply 14702/07/2013

[quote]if this were a movie, he'd be in the exact opposite place of wherever Big Bear is.

That would be somewhere in southern western Australia.

by Anonymousreply 14802/07/2013

Those of you applauding him for murdering in cold blood an unarmed young woman (who did him no harm) and her fiance (who also did him no hard), you're really pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 14902/07/2013

There's an exhaustive search continuing in Big Bear. I hope Thom Bierdz is okay.

by Anonymousreply 15002/07/2013

Thom Bierdz will probably invite him up to look at his art and will then ask him to be his boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 15102/07/2013

Dorner seem like the type who will end it all on his term. The police are not going to catch him alive. He's going to continue the rampage until there's a gun battle where he will then take his own life. He had already stated in his manifesto that he's not afraid of death because he died a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 15202/07/2013

"He had already stated in his manifesto that he's not afraid of death because he died a long time ago."

And you seriously buy that macho bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 15302/07/2013

The LAPD has got to be the biggest bunch of buffoons in history. And to think--they're allowed to carry guns.

by Anonymousreply 15402/07/2013

Law enforcement officials are inspecting a package CNN's [bold]Anderson Cooper[/bold] received from a former Los Angeles police officer who allegedly killed three in a shooting spree.

CNN spokeswoman Shimrit Sheetrit said Thursday that a parcel containing a note, a DVD and a bullet hole-riddled memento were sent by Christopher Dorner and addressed to Cooper's office.

LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith says LAPD robbery-homicide detectives will inspect the package for clues.

The package arrived Feb. 1, days before the first two killings Dorner is accused of.

by Anonymousreply 15502/08/2013

So do Anderson or his people ever open their fucking mail? I wonder if he said that he was going to be wilding in his message. It may not have named names but Anderson could have gotten a hell of a story and kept his shitty show on the air at the zero hour.

by Anonymousreply 15602/08/2013

[quote]I don't get all the Cop hate on this thread.

The "cop hate" is ill-timed, but not completely unfounded. Cops (certainly not all cops) actually do a lot of the awful things he described in the manifesto. I don't think anyone would deny that.

But, by discussing the reality of police brutality and corruption while discussing this crazed guy, it looks like excuses for him are being made. Police abuse/corruption should probably be discussed at a different time, in a different forum.

The guy is scum, a horrible person. SOME cops are awful and corrupt in abusing their position. These things are not dependent on each other.

Is anyone surprised? I seriously have crazed gunman fatigue. there's a lot of people in this nation. We're a violent culture with relatively easy access to guns. Despite the media frenzy over every event like this, the fact is that (even if increasing in number), an extremely limited number of people are subject to such craziness. I can't bring myself to be hugely surprised or upset.

by Anonymousreply 15702/08/2013

A coin typically given out as a souvenir by the police chief was in the package mailed to Anderson Cooper. It was riddled with bullet holes.

by Anonymousreply 15802/08/2013

Where do you think he is? Did he already kill himself? There actually are people in rural California who might harbor him.

by Anonymousreply 15902/08/2013

I bet there are many disenfranchised stoners with money who would harbor him in Big Bear.

Too bad AC didn't open that package on the air, he could have really milked his importance in this story.

by Anonymousreply 16002/08/2013

Have you noticed on news shows they've shown pictures of murder suspect Dorner with other people and their faces haven't been blurred or cut from the pictures? All the people next to him are white. Surprise. I wonder why the news media would want us to see white faces in a murder story? Tints of George Zimmermann.

I don't think he will kill himself. If he wanted to kill himself he would have done it already. This is a person out for vengeance. He is acting out. (Which is what heterosexual males do when they feel they've been wronged) Not acting in. Either there will be a peaceful surrender or he will ignore police orders to dare the police to kill him. I think he wants to be like Mumia Abu-Jamal, a cop killer from Philly who has acheived minor fame, by being a thorn in the side of people involved in the case and to have fans that will listen to his grievances.

by Anonymousreply 16102/08/2013

[quote]Feel free to leave. Mexico would love to have you.

What makes you assume they're from the US?

by Anonymousreply 16202/08/2013

The Right wing is now using this to their advantage: this man = the government, Second Ammendment arms citizens to protect itself from it.

by Anonymousreply 16302/08/2013

Facebook pages with anti-police sentiments support fugitive ex-cop

February 7, 2013 | 10:40 pm

A handful of Facebook pages have popped up supporting Christopher Jordan Dorner, the fugitive ex-cop accused of going on a revenge-fueled spree that has left three people dead: a police officer, the 28-year-old daughter of a former LAPD captain and her fiance.

The pages are laced with anti-police sentiments that hold Dorner as a hero fighting corruption within the Los Angeles Police Department.

"A MAN WITH MORALS AND A HERO. A REAL REBEL WITH A CAUSE!" said one Facebook page. "HAVE RESPECT FOR A MAN WHO IS WILLING TO DIE FOR SOMETHING INSTEAD OF LIVING FOR NOTHING."

The messages appear rooted in reports about his life. According to his former LAPD partner, who was a training officer, Dorner said he believed the LAPD was a racist organization and said he planned to sue the department. He was fired by the LAPD after receiving a harsh evaluation from his partner and being found guilty of making a false personnel complaint against the partner.

At least 600 people had "liked" the page as of 10 p.m. Thursday, and some comments expressed anti-police sentiments. Authorities said Dorner published a rambling manifesto on what authorities believe is his own Facebook page.

One person rationalized the killing of the daughter of an ex-LAPD captain who represented Dorner at his discipline hearing: "The point in killing their families is for the crooked cops to suffer. If he directly kills them they'll never know or suffer because they'll be dead. But going after their children will result in a lifetime of grief."

Others were horrified at the sentiments.

"Just stop the killing its gone to far," responded one. "the whole thing is sad on both ends. no one wins in this."

Wrote another: "Christopher - please stick to the list. Primaries only, no family members"

The creator of the page later wrote: "I AGREE KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE IS NOT A GOOD WAY TO GET A POINT ACROSS. BUT DO YOU GUYS COMPLAIN WHEN WE DO IT IN OTHER COUNTRIES TO MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN?"

by Anonymousreply 16402/08/2013

Manhunt: Newspaper carrier, 71, in ICU after being shot by police

February 7, 2013 | 11:12 pm

A 71-year-old woman delivering newspapers with her daughter remained in intensive care Thursday night after she was shot twice in the back by Los Angeles police detectives during a massive manhunt for a fugitive ex-LAPD officer, according to the womens' attorney.

Emma Hernandez was delivering the Los Angeles Times with her daughter, Margie Carranza, 47, in Torrance early Thursday when police officers apparently mistook their pickup for that of Christopher Jordan Dorner, the 33-year-old fugitive suspected of killing three people and injuring two others.

Hernandez was in stable condition late Thursday.

The officers riddled the women's blue pickup with bullets in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue. Carranza was also hit, according to attorney Glen T. Jonas, and received stitches to a finger.

"The problem with the situation is it looked like the police had the goal of administering street justice and in so doing, didn't take the time to notice that these two older, small Latina women don't look like a large black man," Jonas said.

Dorner is black, 6 feet tall and weighs 270 pounds.

Jonas said the women's vehicle was also "the wrong color and the wrong model" compared to Dorner's.

"We trust that the LAPD will step up and do the right thing and acknowledge that what they did was unacceptable and we'll deal with it," Jonas said.

Sources said the Los Angeles police detectives involved in the Torrance shooting were on protective detail for a police official named in an online manifesto that authorities say was posted to a Facebook page they believe belongs to Dorner.

"Tragically, we believe this is a case of mistaken identity," Charlie Beck, chief of the Los Angeles Police Department, told reporters earlier Thursday about the shooting.

by Anonymousreply 16502/08/2013

Disgraceful that police officers are so trigger-happy that they shot and injured the wrong person.

by Anonymousreply 16602/08/2013

The barbaric cops are just helping to reinforce his case for him.

by Anonymousreply 16702/08/2013

R144 the cop hate is just not on this thread, it seems to be prevalent on the internet. Even those who are condemning his methods aren't exactly on the side of the LAPD here either.

If his claims were against any other department, he wouldn't be getting kind of support. But this is the LAPD ...

by Anonymousreply 16802/08/2013

Having grown up in LA and currently living in DC, I've said that the the cops in LA are corrupt...and the cops in DC are corrupt and incompetent. I may well have to revise this mantra.

Another here who is appalled by Dorner's murderous spree but the LAPD have so much to do themselves.

I saw a photograph of the two women's truck--there were at least two dozen holes in the back of it. I know this an extraordinary situation but how the hell do you shoot first, repeatedly, and ask questions later when the victims do not even remotely resemble the intended suspect. Wrong make of truck, wrong color of truck, wrong gender, wrong number of people and wrong race.

And this FUBAR incident puts lie to the NRA's position that if everyone was armed, we would be protected from the bad guys. Well here, ostensibly you have good guys who are highly trained and they nearly killed two innocent women in a heated moment! But I'm sure a middle-aged elementary high school principal will take out the bad guy with one clean shot in a sea of kids and chaos.

by Anonymousreply 16902/08/2013

Per KTLA's Facebook page:

UPDATE: Search crews focused on a wooded area about a mile from Bear Mountain ski resort.

by Anonymousreply 17002/08/2013

Well said, R169.

by Anonymousreply 17102/08/2013

Survivalists like Dorner almost always retreat to the wooded area. It's where they are most comfortable and can easily apply the skills they have.

by Anonymousreply 17202/08/2013

Maybe we should just take preventative measures and not allow straight men to have access to guns in their lifetimes. And lets add to the list all the Fraus who support their violence as girlfriends to gangbangers and admirers of Dorner.

Low-income heterosexuals love violence--let's take their guns away.

by Anonymousreply 17302/08/2013

Uneducated heterosexuals are a menace to society--take away their guns, now.

by Anonymousreply 17402/08/2013

r173 so much ignorance in one post.

by Anonymousreply 17502/08/2013

Most gun violence is committed by heterosexuals--straight people are a threat to civilization.

by Anonymousreply 17602/08/2013

R175, so point out to me where I'm wrong. Most gun violence is committed by heterosexuals. Period.

That is a FACT.

by Anonymousreply 17702/08/2013

Is this guy gay? Is that why he was attracted to Anderson Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 17802/08/2013

No gay person would support the violence of Dorner. We are more civilized than that.

It's only low-life straights who have a "beef" with the police because they have been caught shoplifting to feed their unplanned children.

In general, gay people like the police because we need the protection and many cops are gay.

by Anonymousreply 17902/08/2013

There is still the Chinese Fire Drill up in the mountains -- they didn't find the car until long after it had burned out, and he is probably off in another car, but when they are left at the end of a trail, cops -- especially the LAPD -- will always make a show of force so they don't look too stupid.

Dorner knows this. While they were busy making their show of force in Riverside, he drove up into the mountains, burned the truck, changed cars, and went on his merry way.

by Anonymousreply 18002/08/2013

r179 you're just digging herself in a hole, aren't you? Tell that to the gays at Stonewall and other cities where the police would raid gay bars.

Again, you're just so full ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 18102/08/2013

R189, that was a long time ago.

Don't you know any gay police officers? I've known several. You don't get out much, do you?

Here, let me explain it to you: gays don't have the sense of entitlement that straights do. You know, the attitude that the cops are wrong if they get arrested for a crime. Instead of admitted that they are bad people, they'll blame the police. That sense of entitlement comes from being able to have babies, as if that's some kind of magical ability. Putting one's penis in some fat woman's vagina and making your magical sperm stick gives one a VIP status, don't you know.

As gays, we rarely, if ever, feel that things will go our way and be respected just because we have a penis or vagina. The world doesn't work that way for us. We have to constantly watch our backs and prove ourselves. It gets to be exhausting, and it's why so many give up.

Obviously, you are a heterosexual who cannot understand this.

Congrats on your unearned priviledged status in life!

by Anonymousreply 18302/08/2013

r183 sorry but you're just an idiot. Heterosexual this. Heterosexual that. Not to mention you claiming that low-income people are prone to violence. How very elitist of you.

by Anonymousreply 18402/08/2013

It's odd that they are announcing his brief marriage to another cop as BREAKING NEWS...

by Anonymousreply 18502/08/2013

Dorner manhunt: False leads, rumors fly over ex-cop's whereabouts

February 8, 2013 | 8:46 am

As authorities began another day of searching for Christopher Dorner, rumors continued to fly over where the fugitive ex-police officer might be.

On Thursday, tweets claimed he was holed up in a Norco park. A tipster later told authorities Dorner might be in a San Diego hotel. On Friday, various news outlets reported Dorner was spotted driving a white Lexus near Barstow — a report San Bernardino County sheriff's and California Highway Patrol officials told The Times was not true.

San Diego officials said they even received what they determined was a hoax call about Dorner. A caller told authorities Thursday night that the suspect was spotted near a Lakeside-area home, prompting a six-hour search by deputies that yielded no sign of Dorner. San Diego sheriff's Lt. Jason Rothlein said officials are now looking at charges against those who may have made a hoax report.

Police across California and Nevada launched an unprecedented manhunt for Dorner — wanted on suspicion of killing three people and wounding two others — that involves hundreds of officers from dozens of agencies.

In a Facebook manifesto police say Dorner wrote, he ranted against Los Angeles Police Department personnel who he said fired him unfairly. He threatened revenge, and "unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" against police and their families, saying he would stalk them "where you work, live, eat, and sleep."

As of Friday morning, the search remained focused on Big Bear, where Dorner's burning truck was found the day before.

But given the high-profile nature of the massive manhunt for Dorner, coupled with the instant flow of information on social media, law enforcement authorities are going to find themselves struggling to chase down leads that go nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 18602/08/2013

I hope the police are keeping tabs on who supports this mass murderer on the internet. It might actually reveal his whereabouts.

by Anonymousreply 18702/08/2013

I just read that whole parts of So. Cal are being shut down and traffic has been halted because of Dorner.

Basically, he's now a terrorist. He's disrupting the whole state and taking up resources that are needed elsewhere. He wants to make everyone pay--cops, families of cops, children, the sick who need emergency services, taxpayers, the whole state of California.

Everyone has to pay, because he didn't get his way.

My concern: that he has ties to terrorist groups and is planning something really big. This is scary stuff. I am frightened for the state of California. He has no conscious, no feelings, he is a true sociopath.

I hope the FBI is investigating all of his supporters online because these losers may be harboring him or sending him supplies and money. I don't believe he is working alone. Not at all.

This is bigger than it looks, and we're not hearing about it.

by Anonymousreply 18802/08/2013

"Unconventional and asymmetrical warfare" means terrorism, and that he is planning more acts of terrorism.

This is very bad news.

by Anonymousreply 18902/08/2013

[quote]I just read that whole parts of So. Cal are being shut down and traffic has been halted because of Dorner.

It's . . . Ex-copalypse!

by Anonymousreply 19002/08/2013

VERY well said r169!

by Anonymousreply 19102/08/2013

r192 the public is targeted. He's killing family members of those he is holding a grudge against. He's shooting randomly at the police. The officer who was shot and killed was sitting in his patrol car at the stoplight when he was shot.

by Anonymousreply 19302/08/2013

R188, you should write for FoxNews. We like the cut of your jib.

by Anonymousreply 19402/08/2013

Why is anyone defending this nut? Who cares what his motivation is? Even if he has "reasons" extrapolating unfair treatment into self justified murder is the sign of a deranged mind. I'm sure that Adam Lanza had "reasons" for killing his mother and innocent children and staff in Newton.

by Anonymousreply 19502/08/2013

Black man with a Gun!!! Black man with a gun!!!

by Anonymousreply 19602/08/2013

I'm a little confused. Cops are on a manhunt to find Dorner who they say is out to shoot cops (lesbian ones in particular because one he accused of brutality got him fired).

So if Dorner is gunning for cops, why is he RUNNING, trying to get a boat and then burning his truck in the mountains.

If he's supposed to be on a manhunt for cops then why isn't he shooting more? Instead he's apparently trying to get away.

By the way, despite his being accused of killing those people (there really isn't any proof), how is it the LAPD cops get away with shooting two innocent women in a blue truck sending them to the hospital? Like they're going around shooting before checking things out.

I'm very suspicious about this whole thing. He was a whistle blower and accused the LAPD of corruption... now they're all out to get him, obviously ignoring catching other criminals -- all focused on this guy.

by Anonymousreply 19702/08/2013

Just think how great it would be if cops cared as much when WE are the victims as they do when THEY are the victims.

by Anonymousreply 19802/08/2013

For the cop lover, r198 summarizes best why some people are not real enthused about Dorner, but are less so about the LAPD.

by Anonymousreply 19902/08/2013

R188, it's exaggerated. They were out in full force yesterday, but California is broke and cannot afford to maintain that kind of manpower and overtime. They are all retreating and things are back to normal, particularly in Big Bear.

by Anonymousreply 20002/08/2013

On one point i do feel sorry for the cops is all the wack-os and nervous nellies who are calling them to say they "saw" Dorner.

by Anonymousreply 20202/08/2013

[quote] They are all retreating and things are back to normal, particularly in Big Bear.

Really? Is that why they closed the schools today in Big bear? Or why they're still doing house-to-house searches there?

[quote] California is broke and cannot afford to maintain that kind of manpower and overtime.

Perhaps you are unaware that CA has a budget surplus again?

by Anonymousreply 20302/08/2013

Authorities combing the Big Bear area found no new signs of Christopher Dorner overnight but vowed Friday to continue searching until they found the ex-police officer or knew definitively that he had left the area.

In a morning update on the search, San Bernardino Sheriff John McMahon said more than 100 officers would be back in the field Friday after overnight efforts failed to yield new evidence and "certainly did not find" Dorner, the 33-year-old ex-LAPD officer sought in a series of shootings that have left three dead and two wounded.

McMahon acknowledged that Dorner had time to leave Big Bear but said authorities were not sure if he had done so. The search would continue, the sheriff said, until "either we discover that he left the mountain or we find him. One of the two."

PHOTOS: Manhunt for ex-LAPD officer

Crews conducted door-to-door searches until about midnight and patrolled streets after that, McMahon said. McMahon did not say how many of the approximately 400 homes in the area had been searched, but said the door-to-door effort would resume again Friday. Teams would also continue to scour the area where Dorner's burning truck was found.

McMahon mentioned the possibility that Dorner had holed up in one of the vacant cabins in the area.

by Anonymousreply 20402/08/2013

BIG BEAR, Calif. (KTLA) — The manhunt for double murder suspect and alleged cop killer Christoper Jordan Dorner continued Friday in the Big Bear area.

Heavy snow was falling on Friday morning, prompting authorities to call off the aerial search.

However, an exhaustive ground search was ongoing, and all Bear Valley schools were closed for the day as a precaution.

The Bear Mountain and Snow Summit ski resorts were open for business on Friday, after closing early on Thursday.

Schools were also locked down on Thursday, as a fatigue-clad SWAT officers began combing the area following the discovery of Dorner’s burned out pickup truck.

About 125 officers would eventually be used to search hundreds of homes door-to-door and follow what was believed to be Dorner’s trail.

San Bernardino County Sheriff John McMahon said at a news conference Friday morning that authorities searched throughout the night.

Over 100 law enforcement officers from across Southern California are still involved in the search, according to McMahon.

They plan to focus on the area where Dorner’s torched Nissan Titan pickup truck was found, as well as the mountains above that.

The truck was found on Thursday off Forest Ford 2N10 and Club View Drive in Big Bear Lake. The area is about a mile away from Bear Mountain.

Footprints were found leading from the truck into the snow. McMahon said it didn’t appear the tracks were headed in any specific direction.

He said that crews followed the tracks through the forest until they lost them when the ground became frozen.

McMahon said there are a number of places up on the mountain that authorities haven’t gotten to yet, and that there are a lot of abandoned cabins in those areas.

SWAT officers are using snowcats and armored vehicles outfitted with chains to access the more remote areas amid the heavy snowfall.

The search will continue regardless of the weather, according to McMahon, until Dorner is found or authorities determine he has left the area.

Big Bear is expected to get 6 to 10 inches of snow about 4,000 feet and 2 to 6 inches of snow below 4,000 feet, the National Weather Service said.

Snow levels could drop to between 2,500 and 3,000 feet Friday morning and to 2,000 feet by the evening.

Wind gusts could reach 45 mph, the weather service said, and scattered showers are expected throughout the day.

It was unclear whether Dorner was prepared for the cold conditions or the rugged terrain surrounding Big Bear Lake.

Meantime, McMahon said that they are processing Dorner’s truck in conjunction with police in Irvine, Los Angeles and Riverside. He didn’t have any further information.

Dorner is suspected of killing a young Irvine couple, as well as a Riverside police officer, as part of a long-standing grudge against the LAPD.

He is believed to have penned a long, angry manifesto on Facebook saying that he was unfairly fired from the force and was now seeking vengeance.

Monica Quan, 28, an assistant college basketball coach at Cal State Fullerton, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, were found shot to death in their car last Saturday.

Quan’s father had been an LAPD captain, and a subject of Dorner’s wrath in the manifesto police say he wrote.

Late Wednesday and on into Thursday, Dorner allegedly went on a violent rampage, shooting three police officers in Riverside County, one of whom died.

Police are reminding residents in the Big Bear area to keep their doors locked. If you see Dorner, or anything unusual, you should call 911 immediately.

by Anonymousreply 20502/08/2013

Has anyone heard of a case like this in the US before? I can't remember anything like it. Maybe the Lincoln assassination.

by Anonymousreply 20802/08/2013

There are many violent gangs in San Bernardino County who could be helping Dorner.

He may be long gone, or partying in someone home somewhere. Or, he could be in Mexico.

Meanwhile, the tourists dollars have dried up due to closures and businesses have been hit hard by this asshole's crimes.

by Anonymousreply 20902/08/2013

Someone needs to find out if he is a recent convert to Islam. And before you folks get your panties in a bind, understand that it is the malcontent converts who tend to create violence.

by Anonymousreply 21002/08/2013

He could be NV. Reports stated that he owned/owns a residence in NV. It's enough to know that he's familiar with the area.

by Anonymousreply 21102/08/2013

MARY!! R208

by Anonymousreply 21202/08/2013

R210, if that were the case he wouldn't be going by his old name.

by Anonymousreply 21302/08/2013

r187 I take exception to that!

by Anonymousreply 21402/08/2013

The Twin Towers county jail in downtown L.A. was locked down Friday morning after an employee reported seeing someone entering the building who resembled fugitive ex-cop Christopher Jordan Dorner.

Deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, which runs the jail, swooped down on the facility and surrounded the area as authorities worked to determine who actually was inside the sprawling jail.

"Out of a preponderance of caution, we have locked down the jails and closed the street," said Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Sheriff's Department.

He said the person who resembled Dornan could be a contractor or someone else who works in the jail. It was unclear how long it would take for authorities to check the facility.

Earlier Friday, rumors were flying that Dorner, 33, a former LAPD officer wanted in connection with three killings, was in Barstow and the San Diego area. Those reports turned out to be untrue, authorities said.

by Anonymousreply 21502/08/2013

If it's true that he's in Nevada, than there are vigilante citizens looking to hang him.

Nevadans are VERY law and order type people, and they like to police their own state. You won't hear anyone in Nevada quacking about how bad the police are, and that this monster is some "hero." Believe me, they are waiting for him in Nevada LOL. If he is stupid enough to go there, he will be killed off by vigilante citizens.

by Anonymousreply 21602/08/2013

r208 just woke up from a coma since the Lincoln assassination. Welcome to the 21st Century!

by Anonymousreply 21702/08/2013

Black man! Black man!

by Anonymousreply 21802/08/2013

R216, I'll believe that when I see it.

by Anonymousreply 21902/08/2013

I hope Anthony Anderson is lowing low until this thing blows over.

by Anonymousreply 22002/08/2013

[quote] I hope Anthony Anderson is lowing low until this thing blows over.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22102/08/2013

[quote]MARY!! [R208]

It's not a Mary! comment. A guy with a manifesto, on the run, gunning down part of the government, with no one able to catch him for weeks. Where have we've seen something like this before? John Wilkes Booth did much of the same thing in escaping capture.

by Anonymousreply 22202/08/2013

I am in no way condoning what he did, but I see where he is coming from. I, personally have had executive types at my company lie about me. I asked them politely in a letter to please ask someone to refrain from discussing my personal life (this person was running around telling everyone I was gay, although it's known). Instead of talking to said person, my supervisor tried to transfer me on the basis of sexual harassment. He stated HR received a letter with the complaint. I went to the union. I also went out on stress leave. I asked for a copy of this letter, was told couldn't have it. I said redact the name. Still no. I called the president of the union. Turned out, there was no letter, the supervisor had told my union rep to lie for him and he did. This went on for 6 months. The run-around I got, the lying to my face, the slandering of my name, for nothing. Did I have some fantasies? you bet. Most of us won't cross the line, but sometimes you really are messing with the wrong person. As they are finding out. I believe him. I just think he snapped.

by Anonymousreply 22302/08/2013

[quote] A guy with a manifesto, on the run, gunning down part of the government, with no one able to catch him for weeks

It hasn't even been a week yet

by Anonymousreply 22402/08/2013

r222 you are not aware of the DC Snipers?

by Anonymousreply 22502/08/2013

FBI spokeswoman on #Dorner leads that go nowhere: "no shortage of bad hoaxes perpetrated on the Internet"

by Anonymousreply 22602/08/2013

[quote][R222] you are not aware of the DC Snipers?

They were not police officers.

by Anonymousreply 22702/08/2013

[quote]It hasn't even been a week yet

It's been weeks, hon. This started awhile ago.

by Anonymousreply 22802/08/2013

It started Saturday night when he killed the cop's daughter and her fiance

by Anonymousreply 22902/08/2013

r227 what? You're losing it. Neither was John Wilkes Booth, since you keep referencing the Lincoln assassination.. You're riding the crazy train.

Why don't you wiki "manhunt" and you'll find there has been many many manhunts.

I swear you're either comatose from the 19th Century or posting from your mother's womb because you don't have memories of the recent past.

by Anonymousreply 23002/08/2013

The ski resorts are open.

by Anonymousreply 23102/08/2013

He was only identified a few days ago when they were finally able to connect him to the cop shooting and the Quan/fiance shooting.

by Anonymousreply 23202/08/2013

Okay, liken this case to another one. I'll wait for one involving a government official/military guy going on a rampage seeking movie-style vengeance, trying to bring down an entire agency, with the entire country unable to find him.

by Anonymousreply 23302/08/2013

Their is something about a good revenge tale that is so damn satisfying. It's human nature. That said, this guy is cray cray and he needs to be stopped.

by Anonymousreply 23402/08/2013

[quote]with the entire country unable to find him.

The entire country is not looking for him.

by Anonymousreply 23502/08/2013

John Allen Muhammad, one of the DC snipers, was in the military. You keep moving the bar.

by Anonymousreply 23602/08/2013

I wonder if this dude ever posted on Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 23702/08/2013

He warned of "asymmetrical warfare" so will disappear for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, and then strike again.

by Anonymousreply 23802/08/2013

One TV Shrink thinks Dorner is now stalking his next victim.

by Anonymousreply 23902/08/2013

I have no doubt that this will end very badly. I also anticipate there may be riots if he is killed. A lot of blacks are rooting for him

by Anonymousreply 24002/08/2013

[quote]Perhaps you are unaware that CA has a budget surplus again?

Oh, lord. What about all the other prior years? Did that debt disappear?

by Anonymousreply 24102/08/2013

R240 = Officer Bill "Dewey" Dudek

by Anonymousreply 24302/08/2013

[quote]John Allen Muhammad, one of the DC snipers, was in the military. You keep moving the bar.

Which is the classic move of people who are losing an argument and know it.

by Anonymousreply 24402/08/2013

[quote]The entire country is not looking for him.

You can't be this dumb.

by Anonymousreply 24502/08/2013

I'm willing to bet that he drove to Big Bear, set his truck on fire, hiked into the woods, and then blew his brains out.

by Anonymousreply 24602/08/2013

I'm guessing that his being juiced up on steroids amped up his violence and without them he quietly goes into the night.

I don't know about steroid withdrawl but am thinking it disintegrates into suicidal ideation.

Steroid abuse among cops is becoming a problem these days, as the police are having to handle criminals who are juiced and very, very, strong. Gone are the days when after a hard day in the streets would a police officer go to a bar. Nowadays, cops are super-fit health nuts who are into building muscular physiques. they are some of the fittest guys around.

This Dorner is a juice head, one of the problem users. It would also explain his lifelong paranoia.

by Anonymousreply 24702/08/2013

Why would cops *need* to be juiced, R247?

It's not like they have actual bodily contact with perps anymore. They just stand back and taze anyone who looks at them sideways.

by Anonymousreply 24802/08/2013

Dorner manhunt: LAPD gunfire hits Torrance homes, cars

February 8, 2013 | 3:55 pm

Residents in the quiet Torrance cul-de-sac where Los Angeles police mistakenly fired on two women delivering newspapers reported hearing a barrage of gunfire and discovered bullets that pierced cars, trees, roofs and garage doors.

Police had descended on the neighborhood to protect someone listed in a manifesto allegedly written by Christopher Jordan Dorner, who is suspected of killing an Irvine couple and shooting three police officers--one fatally.

Early Thursday morning, police officers spotted a pickup truck similar to Dorner's and fired numerous shots. But Dorner was not in the vehicle. Instead, cops shot at the truck of a mother-daughter team delivering newspapers in what LAPD Chief Charlie Beck has called a tragic case of mistaken identity.

On Friday, Kathy Merkosky, 53, was outside her stucco home pointing out the six bullet holes that pierced the bumper and grille of her silver Acura MDX. She knew her SUV was damaged when she spotted it on television and "saw fluid flowing into the street." Her radiator was busted, she said.

Her Ford Focus had two bullet holes as well -- one bullet shattered the windshield and another penetrated her front left tire. Police officers told her husband to file a claim with the department, she said.

Merkosky stood in her driveway as her SUV was placed on the back of a tow truck. Her insurance company advised her not to drive the car because of the damage to her radiator.

Merkosky said she was in the shower when she heard what she thought were her kids banging on the bathroom door. She came out, only to realize that it was gunshots. She estimated hearing about 60 shots.

"I've never hear gunfire on my street," she said. "Or ever in my life…. I hope they catch the guy so all this craziness will end."

Next door, Richard Goo, 62, heard the same noise.

"When I heard all the pop-pop-popping, I dropped to the ground, crawled around and pulled my wife out of the bed and I got on top of her," he said.

Goo said he could hear the bullets hitting the door, and he feared the gunmen were coming through the house. He called 911 and was told that police were already there.

After the incident, police ordered residents to stay indoors, but from his window Goo could see dozens of yellow markers on the ground used to mark the stray bullets. While out surveying the damage, he counted five bullets in his entryway, a bullet hole in his garage door, two bullets hits his silver Lexus and another bullet grazed the hood of his Oldsmobile.

"We are lucky because our cars are drivable, unlike our neighbors'," he said.

Goo said he knew several retired law enforcement officers lived in the neighborhood, and that's partly why he moved there.

"That's why we live here because it is safe," said the cardiologist technician. "It's ironic that the only violence we experienced here is from LAPD."

Goo said he felt sorry for the two women who police shot and injured. It was his daily L.A. Times that the women were trying to deliver to his front door. He said he spotted his papers on the right side of the truck after the shooting.

"Her car was full of holes," he said. "It's a bad time to be driving a pickup truck, and it's sad that that makes them a target."

Police said the workers might have been driving with their headlights off, which delivery people often do to avoid disturbing residents.

Goo, who normally works the early shift, said he has noticed the women driving down the streets without their headlights on. Still, he's baffled by the incident.

"How do you mistake two Hispanic women, one who is 71, for a large black male?" he asked.

by Anonymousreply 24902/08/2013

Interesting theory, R247. It would be interesting to see pictures of Dorner across the last 10 years to see if his body transformed.

by Anonymousreply 25002/08/2013

R245 Are you looking for him? Is anyone on Datalounge looking for him? I don't think so. I know I'M not looking for him.

by Anonymousreply 25102/08/2013

Now Jesse Jackson is pleading for the Dorner to give up. How offensive, why should Dorner listen to him? Just because he's black? Larry David or Ellen or Charlie should make these pleas, he seems to like them.

by Anonymousreply 25202/08/2013

r246, then where is his body?

by Anonymousreply 25302/08/2013

It's about time these cops are the ones in fear instead of being the menacers.

by Anonymousreply 25402/08/2013

Christopher Dorner: Some African Americans Believe Racism Allegations, Call Him 'Hero'

By Dennis Romero Fri., Feb. 8 2013 at 3:40 PM

Disgraced ex-LAPD cop Christopher Dorner has been described by police and experts as a delusional and perhaps even psychopathic killer.

But in the African American community he's often viewed in a different light -- as a victim of racism who became unhinged only after exhausting legitimate avenues to fight the good fight against his firing. Some are even calling him a hero.

How can distinct communities view a man so differently?

On Twitter some people expressed support for Dorner and his anti-police reign of terror. One user said this:

[bold]God bless you Chris #Dorner Stay safe, we believe you.[/bold]

Dorner was fired by the department in 2008 for allegedly lying when he said his training officer kicked a suspect in the head. He fought the action and took the department to court, only to lose.

In his alleged manifesto, Dorner mentions racism four times and points to his background as an integral part of his case. One passage states:

[bold]Terminating officers because they expose a culture of lying, racism (from the academy), and excessive use of force will immediately change. PSB [Public Safety Bureau] can not police their own and that has been proven. The blue line will forever be severed and a cultural change will be implanted. You have awoken a sleeping giant.

I am here to change and make policy. The culture of LAPD versus the community and honest/good officers needs to and will change. I am here to correct and calibrate your morale compasses to true north.

Those Caucasian officers who join South Bureau divisions (77th,SW,SE, an Harbor) with the sole intent to victimize minorities who are uneducated, and unaware of criminal law, civil law, and civil rights. You prefer the South bureau because a use of force/deadly force is likely and the individual you use UOF [use of force] on will likely not report it.[/bold]

It goes on to single out[bold] even African American officers who, the manifesto argues, "perpetuated the cycle of racism in the department as well. You breed a new generation of bigoted caucasian officer when you belittle them and treat them unfairly."[/bold]

The document alleges that [bold]some Latino officers "victimize their own ethnicity" because recent immigrants don't know their rights.[/bold]

Earl Ofari Hutchinson of The Hutchinson Report and the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable, says Dorner's allegations "have resonance" in L.A.'s African American community.

"I'm not surprised," he says, "that Dorner would emerge almost as a folk hero, a perverse Robinhood."

He adds:

[bold]Some people are saying he's exposing a brutal truth about the LAPD -- that there's a history there that this guy was a part of and that he was even victimized by uncovering abuse and bringing it out and paying the price for it.

There's always antagonism toward the LAPD in the community.[/bold]

Hutchinson thinks the department has changed for the better since the 1980s and '90s. He cites officer discipline, community outreach, fewer deadly officer-involved shootings, and a more diverse force (the LAPD is now so-called majority minority).

But Hutchinson says he's also disturbed by a string of use-of-force incidents last year caught on tape, including one in which a South L.A. mother, kicked in the crotch by an officer, died.

"They still have a ways to go," he says. "I think this is a wake-up call."

He adds:

Despite the best efforts of the department to improve its operations and image, I still think it would behoove the department to take a close look at this to see if there's any truth to it [the manifesto] and take proper steps to address problems he alleges still exist in the police department.

by Anonymousreply 25502/08/2013

Political commentator Jasmyne Cannick says she believes the allegations in the Dorner document, telling the Weekly:

[bold]I read that manifesto. I just think he's telling the truth. I think a lot of people black and white think he's telling the truth ... I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a hero. He's taken people's lives. That isn't right. But people have a breaking point.[/bold]

Cannick, whose mother worked at the department, acknowledges that the LAPD has changed for the better since the days of the riots and the Rampart Scandal. But she says she hopes the department takes Doroner's allegations seriously.

[bold]A lot of that manifesto is about racial injustice. The LAPD continually talks about how it's a new day. This is an opportunity to test the theory that it's a new day at the LAPD.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 25602/08/2013

r256 I guess that's not too surprising, a lot of people were pulling for OJ too. I am just glad I don't live in So-Cal anymore.

by Anonymousreply 25702/08/2013

So what do these people celebrating Dorner as a hero have to say about the death of Monica Quan? Does she not count as a human being because she's Asian-American?

by Anonymousreply 25802/08/2013

One thing I've learned: whenever people refer to "a person of color," the color is always their own. African-Americans would NEVER use that phrase to describe an Asian-American.

by Anonymousreply 25902/08/2013

Or her fiancee who was African American.

by Anonymousreply 26002/08/2013

This asshole is still in Big Bear and they are on his ass. It's just a matter of time, perhaps a day or so, before asshole is found dead or alive.

Good news.

by Anonymousreply 26102/08/2013

I'm not advocating murder. But I believe it's possible he's acting for the right reasons.

by Anonymousreply 26202/08/2013

Yes, I've always felt that 2 bloggers and a twitter post give accurate snapshots of how entire community feels about a particular subject.

by Anonymousreply 26302/08/2013

The people who are supporting Dorner are despicable. He's a cold-blooded killer who killed 2 young people because of gripe against the woman's father. I hope black supporters don't forget that the fiance was a black man.

This is not about race and I think people are desperately trying to play the race card. This is a guy out to cause as much mayhem as possible.

He's not only targeting cops, he's after the family members of those who he felt wronged him.

These same supporters better hope they are not in the line of fire.

by Anonymousreply 26402/08/2013

and what reasons are those r262? Do you have the balls to list some of the reasons?

Was the police officer he killed in any way involved in his firing? Was Monica? How about the fiance? Were they responsible for his firing?

by Anonymousreply 26502/08/2013

[quote]I'm not advocating murder. But I believe it's possible he's acting for the right reasons.

So you don't advocate murder, but you think it's possible he's murdering for the right reasons. OK.

by Anonymousreply 26602/08/2013

r262 he may have a valid point but he murdered two fucking innocent people. It's like maybe abortion is wrong and is murder, but murdering abortionists is an insane way to show your disdain for it. It seems like people are pretty divided on this and many agree with him but if he could have done something like Michael Douglas in "Falling Down" that would have garnered more sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 26702/08/2013

Maybe an angry mama bear got him.

by Anonymousreply 26802/08/2013

You know r257 I'm really tired of people trashing CA. We are a great state. We are not perfect, but we do well. We have a Governor who is trying to clean up a mess left by a former Republican Governor and an economy that suffered under the recession and housing crisis.

I, too, am glad you're not living in CA anymore. We don't need anymore negative nellies.

by Anonymousreply 26902/08/2013

"I'm not advocating murder. But I believe it's possible he's acting for the right reasons."

But his actions have literally been murders of innocent people. So what you're saying is that he's murdering innocent people for the right reasons.

Care to explain?

by Anonymousreply 27002/08/2013

OJ two. Just watch. And this will divide the country.

by Anonymousreply 27102/08/2013

As the situation escalates and he becomes desperate and continues to decompensate, he will begin to opportunistically harm "innocent" people who have nothing to do with law enforcement because the have vehicles, money, shelter or whatever he requires.

This guy may have truly been wronged. I don't dispute that at all. But, really, how different is he from Jimmy Dykes? Remember him? He killed the bus driver and dragged the kid into his bunker because he was "wronged." Maybe Dykes was truly wronged sometime in his life or even recently, as well.

by Anonymousreply 27302/08/2013

Everyone has been wronged at least once in his/her life. If you've ever been fired or demoted or pushed aside, you've felt wronged by the person/people who did it to you. We don't all hold grudges and plan murders. We certainly don't murder family members of those who wronged us.

That's the difference between a civilized and an uncivilized person.

by Anonymousreply 27502/08/2013

r274 Do tell us what your sources are? The sources that are saying black people are applauding the murder of a Chinese woman?

by Anonymousreply 27602/08/2013

[quote]This will spark race issues between blacks and asians.

Why? There are victims of every race involved. It will only be an issue for the extreme factions (i.e. conspiracy theorists and the extremely stupid.) Well, race issues do tend to render people all races stupid.

by Anonymousreply 27702/08/2013

American Blowback

Cop-on-Cop Crime in LA

by GEORGE CICCARIELLO-MAHER and MIKE KING

Yesterday was not simply a day like any other, and yet an entire system is grinding into motion to ensure that the peculiarities of the day be promptly forgotten: another crazy person lost it and committed unthinkable acts. The act of killing stands in and speaks for the person: look what he has done, of course he must be crazy. Case closed.

What they want you to see is just another Adam Lanza, just another inexplicable act, and when the act speaks for the assailant, words are secondary and there is no need to listen. But this is not, and has never been, a good way to understand reality.

What they want you to forget is the sheer strangeness of what is happening in Los Angeles. Christopher Dorner allegedly killed a police officer and two civilians. This was not a random shooting by a right-wing gun-nut mourning the loss of the “Real America.” Here is a man with good things to say about liberal democrats, a supporter of heightened gun control, a former LAPD officer and Navy reservist, targeting his own institution, which he accused of racism, violence, and corruption.

Dorner’s “Last Resort”

We know all of these things because what is most peculiar about this entire case is the written testament that Dorner has left us. In a letter titled only “Last Resort” and addressed to “America,” he makes clear his grievances, his objectives, and the rationale behind his actions – a chilling declaration of war on the Los Angeles Police Department.

The press is busy citing only those bits of the statement which make Dorner seem crazy: when he addresses Tim Tebow or Larry David, for example, or when he laments the fact that he will not survive to see The Hangover 3. (See for example, Buzzfeed’s “Everything You Need to Know,” which conspicuously says very little). But the vast majority of the letter paints a picture of someone who, while clearly undergoing some sort of mental break, is astonishingly lucid as to the causes and candid as to what he intends to do about it. These causes and these intentions, regardless of what you may hear on MSNBC or Entertainment Tonight (both will essentially carry the same message), begin and end with the LAPD.

by Anonymousreply 27802/08/2013

...Not coincidentally, “Globocop” Bill Bratton, currently en route to advise the Oakland Police Department, amidst widespread public opposition, is credited with cleaning up the LAPD, and Dorner’s statement appears on many websites alongside a picture of the former officer beaming alongside Bratton (it has emerged that Dorner mailed evidence to Anderson Cooper last week, including a gift from Bratton, on which he wrote “Thanks, but no thanks Will Bratton”).

According to Dorner’s statement:

“The department has not changed since the Rampart and Rodney King days. It has gotten worse. The consent decree should never have been lifted. The only thing that has evolved from the consent decree is those officers involved in the Rampart scandal and Rodney King incidents have since promoted to supervisor, commanders, and command staff, and executive positions… Are you aware that an officer… seen on the Rodney King videotape striking Mr. King multiple times with a baton on 3/3/91 is still employed by the LAPD and is now a Captain on the police department? … As a commanding officer, he is now responsible for over 200 officers. Do you trust him to enforce department policy and investigate use of force investigations on arrestees by his officers?”

One indication of this is the fact that, during the course of more than a decade of investigation of the Rampart case, only five officers were terminated, which suggests just how shallow the investigation efforts were. Dorner ominously adds that “I will correct this error,” and deems his actions a “necessary evil” not only to clear his own name, but to force “substantial change” within the LAPD.

According to Dorner, he was suspended in 2008 after reporting a superior for use of excessive force against a suspect, and eventually terminated in 2009. Dorner goes on to describe the prevalence of white supremacy in the police force: from anti-Semitic taunting to openly anti-black sentiment. After one incident involving use of the n-word, Dorner recalls confronting other officers physically, for which he was reprimanded. In retrospect, he reflects, with regard to the speaker of the word, “What I should have done, was put a Winchester Ranger SXT 9mm 147 grain bullet in his skull.” On the day that his fellow officers were given what were effectively paid suspensions, “That day, the LAPD stated that it is acceptable for fellow officers to call black officers niggers to their face and you will receive a slap on the wrist.”

by Anonymousreply 27902/08/2013

A Bloody Fight for Honor on the Other Side of the Blue Line

“I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn’t need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It’s in my DNA.”

–Christopher Dorner

It is clear from Dorner’s communiqué that he feels that he is following a code of honor against an unlawful body that has sullied his name; his objective being to reclaim his honor. Through his spectacle of violence he is also overtly drawing attention to his self-identity – as a black man, as an “honest officer”/ conscientious worker, and as a veteran – counter-posed against institutions of corruption, deceit and abuse. In an effort that he clearly self-defines as terrorism, Dorner invokes old-West, rugged individualism: “Unfortunately, I will not be alive to see my name cleared. That’s what this is about, my name. A man is nothing without his name.” At length, Dorner goes through ideal-types of various officers’ grouped by race, and explicitly cites their role in reproducing white supremacy. He makes clear that he is patriotic and loves the government (and Chris Christie); his war is with the LAPD.

Not unlike many mass killers, Dorner’s writing exhibits a hyper-vigilant(e) feeling of betrayal and unwavering need for revenge. His writing reflects a self-conscious awareness of this role, a self-forged morality that invokes clear Zarathustra-like qualities of the Overman imposing his will on weak and vile petty tyrants. Dorner says:

“I am here to change and make policy. The culture of LAPD versus the community and honest/good officers needs to and will change. I am here to correct and calibrate your morale (sic) compasses to true north.”

Dorner’s writing also features a list of thanks to everyone from George H.W. Bush to Charlie Sheen. The following quote has extensively repeated in the press, and bears some interrogation: “If possible, I want my brain preserved for science/research to study the effects of severe depression on an individual’s brain.” To dismiss this as simple madness, is to individualize this man and his actions (however they are interpreted) as apolitical and random, another tragic coupling of broken people with fully-functional weapons. It is clear, through his chronicling of long-past slights un-avenged, interspersed with calls for more gun control and an endorsement for Hillary Clinton for President, that he is troubled. Dorner writes, “Ask yourselves what would cause somebody to take these drastic measures like I did. That’s what is important.”

This is surely a discussion the LAPD would not pine over if it did not happen. It is a discourse that is foreign to the press, even the likes of liberals like Chris Matthews, that Dorner lauds. Soldier-Officer Dorner sits, using his training against the force that trained him, waiting to unleash his next attack. The extent to which we go to Dr. Drew for helpful insights in the next few days and not victims of police brutality or whistle-blower cops or to analyses of race and policing in our cities, the extent to which we talk about gun control and not how and why the men who beat Rodney King got to run the LAPD instead of being run out of it, is the extent to which we sit and wait, feeding ammunition to the next Christopher Dorner.

by Anonymousreply 28202/08/2013

A Defection in the Occupation Forces

Now Dorner has declared war on the LAPD and he has named targets: “The enemy combatants in LA are not the citizens and suspects, it’s the police officers.” To a list of different offenders, he adds the ominous promise: “You are a high value target.” The parameters of the violence he has seen meted out to everyday poor residents of Los Angeles structures his own response, such as when he urges:

“Citizens/non-combatants, do not render medical aid to downed officers/enemy combatants. They would not do the same for you. They will let you bleed out… don’t honor these fallen officers/dirtbags. When your family members die, they just see you as extra overtime at a crime scene and at a perimeter. Why would you value their lives when they clearly don’t value yours or your family members lives?”

He has studied the new counterinsurgency doctrine, as rewritten in 2006 by General David Petraeus, and he turns its language against its authors, comparing himself to insurgent forces in Afghanistan and Iraq. “I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty. ISR [Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance] is my strength and your weakness. You will now live the life of the prey.”

Frantz Fanon argued pointedly that exploitation, occupation, and colonization simply cannot exist without racism and torture of one form or another. As a result, it is useless to oppose the violence of occupation, or the torture made so palpable in Zero Dark Thirty, without opposing the occupation itself, of Iraq, of Afghanistan, of South Central L.A. Yes, something similar could be said of the LAPD, and here we begin to grasp why this most violent of institutions has so rigidly resisted change: because its historically brutal and terroristic tactics, the daily oppression and humiliation exerted most directly at poor black and brown Angelinos, are merely symptoms of the LAPD’s structural function.

by Anonymousreply 28302/08/2013

R280, why do you support a murderer?

by Anonymousreply 28402/08/2013

Shoot to Kill: Counterinsurgency and Collateral Damage

Given its social function, the LAPD simply cannot be anything but racist and brutal, and as though attempting to prove Dorner’s point, the response to his attacks has been as brutal as anything. The thin blue line of secrecy among officers has been replaced by a thick blue line, protecting officers and their families while unleashing unrestrained violence on southern California. In only the most infamous incident of yesterday, two women delivering newspapers were shot by trigger-happy officers who, it seems, mistook their royal blue truck for Dorner’s gray one. Dozens of bullet holes riddled the back of the pickup, their clusters suggesting a clear intent to kill without identifying. Within the context of legitimate, open threats to officers, the “shoot anything that moves” approach is perhaps an accentuation, but hardly an aberration, from the norm.

The application of a counterinsurgency model of urban policing in cities like Los Angeles is longstanding. In Los Angeles alone, from bulldozed houses in “Operation Hammer” and the invention of gang injunctions in the mid-late 1980s, to the racialized use of checkpoints, and the routine abuses Dorner points to today, the “War on Crime” is a war in every sense of the word. The LAPD gang unit trains troops headed to Afghanistan in how to develop informants and use counterinsurgency tactics to control “hostile” populations and spaces. The abuses that Dorner lists are the effects of this logic of occupation, a term officers themselves use to describe their work. As with criminal Ramparts officers getting promotions, Dorner sees the daily routines of abuse as morally wrong, but without seeing the logic of the broader structures in which those practices are embedded.

The violent overlap between modern warfare and domestic policing, of which Dorner is a strange byproduct of, is especially acute among police officers that are returning veterans from Afghanistan and Iraq. The increased levels of PTSD and violence among veterans in general, is amplified, not only by holding a job that empowers, and sometimes requires, the use of deadly force, but because the current methods of contemporary urban policing have become enmeshed with the overall objectives, strategic logic, and daily practice of counterinsurgency.

As Oakland brings on former LAPD Chief William Bratton to add a play or two to Oakland’s counterinsurgency manual, the OPD, City Council, and District Attorney continue to refuse to fire and criminally charge Miguel Masso, an Iraq veteran who had previously tortured a man in custody when with the NYPD, before shooting and killing 18-year old Alan Blueford in East Oakland last May, as he laid on the ground and cried “I didn’t do anything.” Despite Masso’s account of what happened seriously conflicting with the coroner’s report and witness accounts, Masso still has his job. Without pathologizing veterans it is clear that there are serious concerns here. For the time being, Masso is another one of those cops who gets paid leave, who gets to walk the streets, who may get a medal or a promotion down the line – though there are many people in Oakland continuing to try and see otherwise. It is the commonness of excuses for police abuse/murder, the erasure of the victims as collateral damage that should be highlighted when trying to make sense of this broken, rogue former-LA cop.

by Anonymousreply 28502/08/2013

R281, it's interesting that you don't seem to care about the death of her black fiance.

by Anonymousreply 28602/08/2013

A Gravedigger in Uniform

“I am the walking exigent circumstance you created.”

– Christopher Dorner

Much like Dan Freeman, the main character in Stan Greenlee’s classic book and film, The Spook Who Sat By the Door, Christopher Dorner is the dialectical gravedigger of a dying system: armed, trained, and prepared by a system which prizes cop culture, which massively arms the police and unleashes them on the poor and racialized, and which in its late stages demands that black people do the work of white supremacy. In this circumstance, those skills are being utilized against the police. Riverside Police Chief Sergio Diaz said, “This is a somewhat unprecedented, or at least rare occurrence – a trained, heavily armed person who is hunting for police officers.” LAPD Chief Charlie Beck added, “Of course he knows what he’s doing; we trained him. He was also a member of the Armed Forces… It is extremely worrisome and scary.”

For Marx, capitalism would sow the seeds of its own destruction and produce its own gravedigger, the proletariat. Fanon recognized, however, that this gravedigger might be characterized more by the “desperate solutions” to which they turn than by their class consciousness. In the United States today, late capitalism is equally shot through with white supremacy and upheld by brute force by increasingly heavy-handed police. It should not surprise us when the gravediggers assume an ominously different form.

by Anonymousreply 28702/08/2013

R288, tell me what my agenda is please?

by Anonymousreply 28902/08/2013

And anyone who attempts to use this incident to fan racial flames is just as sick.

by Anonymousreply 29102/08/2013

I wonder what's on his ipod

by Anonymousreply 29202/08/2013

[quote]I don't advocate the murder of innocents but the police are not innocent

But Monica Quan was not a police officer.

You're still not addressing the fact of her murder, or explaining how it was okay to murder her or how it okay for Dorner to announce his plans to murder of police officers' innocent family members.

by Anonymousreply 29302/08/2013

Do you see you're falling for it, R294?

by Anonymousreply 29502/08/2013

R293, that's because they don't care about her, at all. She's Asian, so she's not fully human to them (whoever they are, white, black, hispanic, whatever).

And his supporters do not care about innocent children, wives, grandmothers, anyone.

His supporters are sociopaths , and they are revealing themselves, which makes it easier for us to identify them.

by Anonymousreply 29602/08/2013

r292 The Clash, and lots of them. "Somebody got Murdered", "Know your Rights", "I fought the Law", "Straight to Hell", and "The Guns of Brixton".

by Anonymousreply 29702/08/2013

R294, you are clearly mentally ill yourself. But the good thing about your posts is that they illuminate that racial animosity in the gay community isn't SOLELY a gay male issue (as it is often characterized). I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 29802/08/2013

Another troubling aspect about the LAPD besides shooting up those ladies -- after Dorner shot up the patrol car in Corona, those cops should have called in and then an All Points Bulletin issued. I suspect Dorner shot the Riverside cops because he thought the bulletin had been issued and they were looking for him. This wasn't the case -- they had no idea he was around, and the Riverside cops had no way to protect themselves, or to catch him.

by Anonymousreply 29902/08/2013

r292

Dead Kennedys

California uber alles

Kill the poor

Holiday in Cambodia

I fought the law

Police truck

Viva Las vegas

by Anonymousreply 30002/08/2013

Junior Murvin, The Clash (more popularly known) -- Police and Thieves.

by Anonymousreply 30102/08/2013

Who knew this guy was so punk rock?

by Anonymousreply 30202/08/2013

I take it al back.

This guy seems like an idiot who wants attention.

Someone who thinks the world owes him something, that he should be respected more than anyone else. A

He is cray! And for his sake, I hope he dies in a hale of gun fire, because if found alive, He will definitely need God.

by Anonymousreply 30402/08/2013

I am going to say something that pains me but I know that many other guys are feeling:

He's embarrassing. Just embarrassing. We've all fantasized about revenge once in our lives, but we recognize it as macho insanity and reel it back it.

This asshole couldn't, and we all see how idiotic and childish it looks like on another man. He's fat too, an overature form past steroid use, and his machismo is Rambo-esque.

But he's taken real lives, caused real pain, and is hiding out in the snow by himself.

He's the loser in all men, a man that couldn't control himself, couldn't live up to his own expectations, couldn't take rejection, and killed innocent people.

But he's also 'caused a commotion.' He's throwing an embarrassing tantrum and amking a stink about himself.

In a year or two, he'll just be another embarrasssing stain on the sleeve of manhood.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 30502/08/2013

Agree R305

by Anonymousreply 30602/08/2013

This never would've happened in MY day.

by Anonymousreply 30702/08/2013

Christopher Dorner manhunt: Irvine police release recent photo

February 8, 2013 | 4:48 pm

Irvine police released a more recent photo Friday of fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner, who is wanted in connection with three slayings.

The photo of Dorner, 33, was taken at an Orange County hotel where he was captured on a surveillance video Jan. 28, police said.

Police warned that Dorner is believed to be armed with an assault weapon and is considered dangerous.

Dorner is a suspect in the killing of a couple seated in their car at an Irvine condominium complex in the 2100 block of Scholarship in Irvine on Sunday.

The couple killed were Cal State Fullerton assistant coach Monica Quan, 28, and USC public safety Officer Keith Lawrence, 27.

Police are struggling to discern a pattern in Dorner's recent movements. A burly man matching his description tried to steal a boat about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Southwestern Yacht Club in Point Loma, tying up the elderly owner, threatening him with a gun and saying he wanted to flee to Mexico. The thief gave up when a rope got tangled in the propeller. Dorner's old LAPD badge was found a short distance from the boat.

Three hours later, 100 miles away near an offramp of Interstate 15 in Corona, a resident recognized Dorner's Nissan Titan pickup truck and flagged down LAPD officers who were en route to guarding one of his would-be targets, police said.

by Anonymousreply 30802/08/2013

He's clearly confused. He blames lesbians in the force but is pro-gay and praises Ellen for what she has done for the LGBT community. Also full of praise for Anderson Cooper but asks him to stop interrupting guests. AC needed to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 30902/08/2013

The sad thing is he does look like a nice guy. In every photo that has so far been published, he's smiling. I guess he's had 5 years of pent-up rage. He's like a volcano: once the rage is released, there's no holding back.

His mother told him after he got fired that "sometimes bad things happened to good people." Dorner told a friend that he didn't believe it. I don't know exactly what he objected to.

by Anonymousreply 31002/08/2013

He seems like such a loveable, curly bear in photos. I wonder if he internalised the anger from years of perceived slights and finally just exploded.

by Anonymousreply 31102/08/2013

With all of these pornstar deaths, there's an opening for him!

by Anonymousreply 31302/08/2013

Where do you think he is? Is he up in the mountains, or was the truck burning really successful move throw police off the trail and he's long gone by now? Does this guy really have Rambo skills or is he dead already?

He's a fairly striking presence, hard to miss, and his picture is all over the internet, so what can he really do at this point, unless he has people aiding him.

Seriously, if you have black male (or apparently Hispanic female) friends or family in any of these areas, tell them to stay inside.

by Anonymousreply 31402/08/2013

I said yesterday that I thought that he was already dead. His manifesto is written in a way that would lead one to conclude that he felt that he would be dead soon.

by Anonymousreply 31502/08/2013

"or was the truck burning actually a successful move to throw the police off the trail"

My post should have read something like that.

by Anonymousreply 31602/08/2013

Yes, r303 because in a State of MILLIONS of people, this one crazy dude is going to find YOU and shoot YOU.

Jesus, gun nuts are self centered.

by Anonymousreply 31702/08/2013

The Southland (as we refer to Los Angeles and its environs stretching south to Orange County and west to the Nevada border) is transfixed by the horrific story of a killing rampage allegedly carried out by one Christopher Dorner.

Dorner is African-American, so for the purposes of the yahoos who populate Yahoo! News comments, I suppose he can be slotted into the Scary Black Man With a Gun or SBMWAG category.

Since he served in the military, we could amend the classification to SBMWAG And Advanced Weapons Training or SMBWAGAAWT.

However, the most interesting and disturbing part of the story is that Dorner is an ex-cop allegedly targeting cops and their families because of his resentment at getting kicked off the force four years ago. Make it SBMWAGAAWT Shooting Cops or SBMWAGAAWTSC.

He allegedly shot the daughter of the police captain who defended him (unsuccessfully) at his hearing, and her husband, as they sat in a parked car in Irvine down in Orange County. Then he apparently turned up almost a hundred miles away and wounded two cops and killed another in two shootouts in Riverside County.

The response of the police has been an understandable combination of anger and fear as they have combed the southern reaches of the state searching for Dorner, and stationed units to protect the families of officers possibly targeted.

Dorner appears to have abandoned his vehicle—a blue Nissan Titan pickup truck—and is testing his survivalist skills in the hilly terrain of the national forest around Big Bear Lake.

The pickup truck was featured in a couple paragraphs deep in the story:

As news of the shootings crackled across police radios before dawn, the hunt for Dorner’s Nissan Titan pickup truck intensified.

About 5:20 a.m. in Torrance, two women were delivering the Los Angeles Times from their blue pickup when LAPD officers spotted the truck.

The police apparently mistook the truck for Dorner’s and riddled it with bullets. The women, a mother and daughter team, were rushed to a hospital.

The mother, who is in her 70s, was shot in the shoulder. She was listed in stable condition. Her daughter was injured by shattered glass.

Hours later, the truck — perforated by numerous bullet holes — sat on the street near the home of an LAPD official who was cited in the manifesto and was under LAPD protection. Beck said the department was investigating the circumstances of the shooting.

“Tragically, we believe this is a case of mistaken identity,” he said.

About 25 minutes after that shooting, Torrance police opened fire after spotting another truck similar to Dorner’s at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street. No one was reported hurt.

“If I had a [Nissan] Titan, I would park it today,” said Walter Howe, 60, at a Torrance Starbucks.

The LA Times thoughtfully declined to splash photos of the bullet-riddled pickup truck driven by its delivery folk on the front page.

But the actions of the Torrance Police Department, motivated by an undefinable combination of murderous panic and homicidal rage, brought home the idea that, in certain circumstances, the veneer of control, competence, and fairness that reconciles many Americans to the activities of the security state can be stripped away in a matter of hours.

-- Peter Lee edits China Matters.

by Anonymousreply 31802/08/2013

If this guy is as crafty and deliberate as it appears, he has probably planned out a multitude of options and resources. Avery dangerous situation. Definitely a movie.

by Anonymousreply 31902/08/2013

[quote]He allegedly shot the daughter of the police captain who defended him (unsuccessfully) at his hearing, and her husband, as they sat in a parked car in Irvine down in Orange County. Then he apparently turned up almost a hundred miles away and wounded two cops and killed another in two shootouts in Riverside County.

This is factually wrong.

First, it's not Quan's "husband." He was her fiance. Second, there was no two shootouts. The officer that was killed was sitting in his police car with his partner at the stoplight when they were shot. It was an ambush, not a shootout.

If Counterpunch can not get their basic facts straight, then the rest of the opinion does not matter very much (at least to me.)

by Anonymousreply 32002/08/2013

Cops are calling the shooting of the two ladies in Torrance "A tragic misinterpretation."

by Anonymousreply 32102/08/2013

[quote] Cops are calling the shooting of the two ladies in Torrance "A tragic misinterpretation."

And their lawyer is calling it his ticket to retirement.

by Anonymousreply 32202/08/2013

Don't worry about it r321. The two women already have a lawyer and they will be suing the city and the county for millions. The case will settle and the women innocently shot will be instant millionaires. They need not deliver newspapers anymore.

The cops who shot them are idiots. There is no conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 32302/08/2013

Christopher Dorner is a sexy, cudly bear of a man. Such a shame he felt he had no alternative but murderous acting out. Why didn't the LAPD get him help? He seems a good person and is pro gay.

by Anonymousreply 32402/08/2013

L.A. is the only city in the USA that always feels like it's on the verge of all-out pandemonium or dystopian anarchy.

Maybe there is some truth to those Earth vortex/bad energy tales.

by Anonymousreply 32602/08/2013

R326 Sure, but at least the weather's nice!

by Anonymousreply 32702/08/2013

"He seems a good person and is pro gay."

Murdering that young woman and her fiancee in cold blood is not the act of "a good person," you morally handicapped stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 32802/08/2013

There's some serious, negative tension floating around on this semi-rainy L.A. night. I think it's a good call to stay home tonight (I know, MARY!).

by Anonymousreply 32902/08/2013

I have to drive to Fullerton on Saturday AND Sunday. Should I bring protection (other than condoms, that is)?

by Anonymousreply 33002/08/2013

I noticed the news is not really talking about the two innocent women who were killed by the (oh so brilliant!) cops.

I've hated cops for the better part of my life and I won't be getting over it.

by Anonymousreply 33202/08/2013

That's because they're not dead r332. Both well and alive and are suing the city. Get your facts straight you anti-cop troll.

by Anonymousreply 33302/08/2013

Christopher Dorner:

[italic]"When the truth comes out the killing stops, unfortunately I will not live to see my name cleared"[/italic].

He has no intention of being taken alive.

by Anonymousreply 33402/09/2013

They weren't killed

by Anonymousreply 33502/09/2013

r332 The 2 old Asian women weren't killed. One was already released from hospital and the other is in stable condition.

by Anonymousreply 33602/09/2013

[quote]Christopher Dorner:

"When the truth comes out the killing stops, unfortunately I will not live to see my name cleared".

Hate to break it to him, but his name will never be "cleared". After his death, he'll simply be labeled a disturbed individual with a persecution complex. Not even his supposed supporters will be bothered to take up his cause, no one will call for an investigation into corruption in the LAPD. Other than his name maybe popping up during the lawsuits of the innocent people nearly killed by on-edge cops, he'll be all but forgotten a month after this all ends.

by Anonymousreply 33702/09/2013

Thanks. I had heard earlier that they were killed. I feel better now. I hope they were not seriously injured.

by Anonymousreply 33802/09/2013

Such a hottie. Why, Christopher, why?

by Anonymousreply 33902/09/2013

Have LA dataloungers heard anything?

Very scared for you. Stay safe people.

by Anonymousreply 34002/10/2013

Mathew St. Patrick can play him in an inevitable made-for-TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 34102/10/2013

SANTA ANA -- The Los Angeles police captain who was chairman of the department's board of rights hearing that fired Christopher Dorner and may be one of the top targets in Dorner's list of enemies has not left his home since the manhunt for the ex-LAPD officer began on Monday, he told the Orange County Register on Sunday.

In an interview with the newspaper, Capt. Phil Tingirides said he accepts being a target, but it is difficult for him to understand why his wife and six children are on Dorner's enemies list.

"I haven't been able for the last few days to go outside my house," Tingirides told the Register.

"Am I afraid? Well, I hesitate to use the word ... but I saw what he did to his attorney."

One of the three people killed allegedly by Dorner, was Monica Quan, the daughter of Randy Quan. He is a former LAPD officer turned union lawyer, who had represented Dorner at his board of rights hearing.

by Anonymousreply 34202/10/2013

Excellent casting, R341.

by Anonymousreply 34302/10/2013

The manhunt for Christopher Dorner led LAPD SWAT officers to a Northridge Lowe's home improvement store after people reported seeing someone who resembled the fugitive former police officer there.

LAPD swarmed the store off Nordhoff Street about 5 p.m. Customers were escorted out of the store as police looked for any signs of Dorner.

LAPD stressed that it was not an unconfirmed sighting. [Updated 7:27 p.m.: A law enforcement source said the call to the Lowe's might have been related to a couple fighting outside the store].

There have been several reports similar to this one in recent days that didn't pan out.

The search came several hours after the LAPD issued a tactical alert as it handled the Dorner manhunt as well as security for the Grammys.

The LAPD did not detail its Grammy security arrangements, but the department regularly sends a large contingent of officers to awards shows.

This year, the Grammys occurred on the fifth day of a manhunt for Dorner, who is suspected of killing an Irvine couple and a Riverside police officer.

The tactical alert came the same day that Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa announced a $1-million reward for information leading to Dorner's capture.

“We will not tolerate anyone undermining the security of this community,” Villaraigosa said at a news conference at LAPD headquarters downtown. “We will not tolerate this reign of terror.”

Dorner allegedly carried out the slayings as part of a vengeful campaign sparked by his 2009 dismissal from the Los Angeles Police Department, authorities said.

Sunday's tactical alert was declared shortly after 2 p.m. In a tactical alert, officers can be held over on their shifts and do not respond to low-priority radio calls.

Officials hope the huge reward will give police the break they've been waiting for.

Police Chief Charlie Beck said the reward was "the largest local reward ever offered to our knowledge." The reason for such a significant reward, Beck said, was "not about capturing a fleeing suspect, but about preventing another crime, likely another murder."

"This is an act of domestic terrorism," Beck said of those killed and allegedly targeted by Dorner. "He has targeted those we entrust to protect the public."

A massive manhunt for Dorner began last week after the 33-year-old former officer and Navy veteran allegedly began a deadly campaign that has left an Irvine couple and a Riverside police officer dead.

The city of Los Angeles, law enforcement organizations, private groups and anonymous donors have all contributed to the reward fund, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation.

Los Angeles County Supervisors Michael D. Antonovich and Mark Ridley-Thomas are expected to ask the Board of Supervisors on Tuesday to contribute $100,000 to the fund, according to Tony Bell, an Antonovich spokesman.

In addition to Los Angeles officials, representatives from the Riverside and Irvine police departments and the FBI and U.S. Marshals Service attended the news conference.

The frustrating search for Dorner has gone from Riverside to Corona to Big Bear to Point Loma in San Diego. There have been numerous false starts, but officials say the heightened publicity has not brought them closer to making an arrest.

Dorner's Nissan Titan pickup was found Thursday morning engulfed in flames on a mountain road in the Big Bear area, and law enforcement officials have since focused their search efforts there.

Officials said Sunday the search in Big Bear was winding down.

On Saturday, Beck announced that he was reopening the investigation into the firing of Dorner from the Police Department.

Beck said he was reopening the investigation "not to appease a murderer" but to assure the public his department is fair and transparent. He said he wanted to protect an "increasingly positive relationship with the community" that the LAPD has developed over the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 34402/10/2013

Christopher Dorner's case should inspire us all to address the issue of PTSD and mental illness in our vets.

No one who has served our country should be made to suffer with such torment and go untreated.

His head injuries likely produced the violent madman we are seeing today. Was he treated at al, or had a neurological evaluation?

It is at our peril is we further choose to ignore the plight of our veterans, male and female.

RIP Miss Quan, Mr. Lawrence

, male and female.

by Anonymousreply 34502/10/2013

r271, indeed

by Anonymousreply 34602/10/2013

r345, excuses!!

by Anonymousreply 34702/10/2013

No excuses at all, he actually served our country. He got off of his butt and tried to make a life for himself--how many stoned-out slacker boy-men do you see on the streets? I see a lot.

He tried to accomplish something and failed, most likely due to personality problems, mental illness, PTSD and head injuries. That's no joke.

Every day two of our vets commit suicide. It's a national shame. Again, it is at our peril to ignore this issue.

by Anonymousreply 34802/10/2013

And no,this will not divide the country because the real issue is that some of our vets come back completely damaged, and we don't know what to do with them. And our vets ae coming from all racial backrounds.

There is no pity for gang bangers who get arrested, they have no case.

by Anonymousreply 34902/10/2013

Even the dummies that support him on his facebook fan page don't address any mental illness. they just think he is cool because he took on the pigs, and they all want him to come to their houses so they can shelter and help him. He is like the legend of Billie Jean except he murdered two people and all his supporters seem to conveniently side-step that when people bring it up. These same people think Sandy Hook was a hoax so it doesn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 35002/10/2013

Sorry but isn't it odd a MILLION DOLLAR REWARD is issued for his capture, aka killing?

It is like they are afraid of his "talking", though what is it he could tell?

by Anonymousreply 35102/10/2013

r351 Why would they be afraid of his talking now? Didn't this stuff happen awhile back? It's all written in his complaints anyhow.

by Anonymousreply 35202/10/2013

This case is a perfect storm. It's like a movie script that's got everything: the plight of disabled combat veterans, the danger of lax gun laws, racially-charged issues, even a hint of class warfare. It's Man versus Self, Society, and the Law and the ending isn't written yet. The suspense is palpable.

by Anonymousreply 35302/10/2013

R350, "dummies" is being kind. Facebook is a CIA affilliated project. I thought everybody knew that, but apparently, there are a lot of dingbats out there.

And, future employers should be able to check out his supporters in the future to weed out applicants. Universities as well.

Dorner is a damaged veteran but that is as far as my sympathy goes considering that he is a terrorist.

Still, I want to see this country address PTSD and the state of our soldier's mental health on a public scale.

Let's make something good come out of it.

by Anonymousreply 35402/10/2013

It's life imitating art (a sick form of it), and so fitting to be happening in LA. A rogue ex-cop terrorizing a city sounds like any action Hollywood blockbuster these days.

by Anonymousreply 35502/10/2013

[quote] A rogue ex-cop terrorizing a city

He isn't terrorizing the city -- he's terrorizing cops.

The twitchy cops are terrorizing the city.

by Anonymousreply 35602/10/2013

Here's a thought: let's take one meal away from the gang bangers in jail we feed every day and spend that money on a veteran.

So many are homeless, destitue, in despair.

And the illegal gang bangers need to be shipped home so that we can spend that money on housing and health care for our vets and their families.

Sound good?

by Anonymousreply 35702/10/2013

r355, I thought the same thing, even if I did support him, I would not go on facebook and crow about it. It's getting tense over on facebook now, things are deteriorating in his support group. People are dropping out of it because they all "came together for a good reason" but racist words have been thrown around and personal insults were made. It seems like a lot of white people are trying to feel the pain of the black male and are getting shit for it, it's hilarious. Now they are all trying to out-do each other as far as whose people were more oppressed. I'm sure this is the legacy he wants to leave.

by Anonymousreply 35802/11/2013

Is he anti-gun? I heard that he was, which is ironic since he's blowing people away with one.

by Anonymousreply 35902/11/2013

R358, are you ESL?

by Anonymousreply 36002/11/2013

I bet the editor of his fan page wishes he could quietly skulk away right about now. People are posting shit about how Dorner is a hero and one of the editors is saying, "Well I wouldn't say hero, more like a great outlaw, blah, blah." Ha, ha. He must be thinking his boss wouldn't dig this at all. Really, fucker, you wouldn't say hero? But you essentially did by starting a fucking fanboi page and saying how great he is.

by Anonymousreply 36102/11/2013

There are so many racists in the country that actually have sympathy for this guy. I've never seen anything like it.

by Anonymousreply 36302/11/2013

A black guy who has shot and killed another black guy, yet racists support him? Yes, that makes perfect sense. Jesus, a lot of people with very low intelligence post on this site.

And if there was going to be a race war, I'd think the coldblooded murder of a 6 year old black girl by the Sandyhook murderer or maybe even the movie theatre shootings would have done the trick.

by Anonymousreply 36402/11/2013

R357, take a meal away from people who joined a gang so they would actually have money to eat and give it someone who voluntarily became a contract killer for oil companies? Fuck you. Every single moron in our armed forces should be jailed for life for crimes against humanity.

by Anonymousreply 36502/11/2013

R364, how were the Sandy Hook and Aurora shootings in any way racial? That was white-on-white crime if there was any..

by Anonymousreply 36702/11/2013

R367, and this shooting is racial? And clearly you proved my point about the whole low intelligence thing. There were black victims in both incidents. What part of murdered 6 year old black girl don't you understand? If there was going to be a race war (which will never happen) that would have caused one. Christ!

by Anonymousreply 36802/11/2013

Getting away from the debate about him being a terrorist vs him being some kind of folk hero

Where do you think he is?

Do you think he's still in southern California? Do you think he was taken in by some militia group or like minded people?

Do you think he's gone somewhere that the cops wouldn't be looking for him with as much scrutiny?

Do you think he's killed himself and that's why they can't find any trace of him?

Do you think he had this planned out in advance? Or was it a spur of the moment action?

by Anonymousreply 36902/11/2013

He could be dead, r369. From the information and videos released yesterday, it seems he didn't plan this out as well as we initially believed.

by Anonymousreply 37002/11/2013

Dorner's LAPD firing hinged on credibility

By Los Angeles Times Staff

The department concluded Dorner was lying when he said his training officer kicked a man during an arrest. But it's not so clear whose testimony should be believed.

by Anonymousreply 37102/11/2013

Overnight, 600 calls into the tip line -- police suspect the increase in the volume of calls is due to the reward.

by Anonymousreply 37202/11/2013

Investigators have received at least 600 tips about Christopher Dorner, the fugitive ex-police officer sought in a series of killings, officials said Monday.

Hundreds of investigators are continuing to follow up on the potential leads, Los Angeles Police Department Lt. Andy Neiman said at a morning media briefing in downtown Los Angeles. The tips are being prioritized based on the information they contain.

Neiman also stressed that the ongoing search at Big Bear, although scaled back, remains a "critical piece of the investigation," saying authorities would remain on the mountain "until we've looked in every nook and cranny."

Neiman said he does not know how much the multi-agency manhunt has cost so far, but described it as a "substantial cost to the city and taxpayers."

Investigators have also been in contact with Dorner's family, Neiman said, and are hopeful a $1-million reward announced Sunday would lead to his arrest.

"Our commitment is to finding Mr. Dorner and making this city safe again," Neiman said.

Local, state and federal agencies have spent days searching for Dorner, a former Los Angeles police officer and Navy veteran suspected of fatally shooting three people and wounding two others. The shootings began Feb. 3 with the deaths of Monica Quan, a Cal State Fullerton assistant basketball coach, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence.

Quan was the daughter of a retired LAPD captain whom Dorner accused in a lengthy online manifesto of not representing him fairly at a hearing on his firing. In what police said was his posting to Facebook, Dorner allegedly threatened the retired captain and others he blamed for his firing.

More that 50 LAPD families remained under police guard.

by Anonymousreply 37302/11/2013

No one views this terrorist as a hero, and the tiny minority that do have exposed themselves as maladjusted losers.

And anyone stupid enough to post their support of him online is an even bigger fool LOL. It was Obama himself that removed internet privacy priledges, and more are to come. The fact that his supporters are such dingbats as to reveal themselves on Facebook, which is a CIA phishing site, speaks volumes about their collective low I.Q's.

Now, back to the terrorist. I do believe he is dead but let's not give up the search. I think his mental and emotional issues likely drove him to suicide. Remember--he's a crier. A very emotional man, given that he can be a cold-blooded killer. But he must have come out of his PTSD fog at some point and thought about what he'd done.

RIP to the victims.

by Anonymousreply 37402/11/2013

But people do think he is a hero r374, see r356 and r362.

by Anonymousreply 37502/11/2013

R375, there are a lot of people out there with drug and alcohol problems. They tend to hate the police. Personally, I want these haters off the road, as I have lost too many friends and family memebrs due to drunk and stoned drivers. Therefore, I support the police and understand that they are risking their lives every single day to keep the streets safer for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 37602/11/2013

It’s interesting that America does not want to understand why our serial killers and our gunmen do what they do. After every tragedy, newspaper articles ask “Why”, and yet now, when we have an alleged killer who has answered the “Why” for us, we dismiss his explanation, replacing it with our own: He is simply crazy. We want to believe killers are ‘crazy’, a catch all word where we consign everyone who enacts violence which has not been sanctioned by the government to the realm of the mentally ill, and revere those who enact violence in the name of the state as good, law abiding citizens who deserve the power to decide who lives and who dies.

Dorner, as far as we can tell, never injured a defenseless citizen as an LAPD officer, when he had the state sanctioned power to do so, and knew that if anyone complained, he would likely never face any serious repercussions. In fact, he reported a fellow officer, Teresa Evans, for her violent acts against a mentally ill man, and by doing so, he lost his job, his reputation and his career. Had Dorner beaten Rodney King instead of reporting a fellow officer for violence, he might well be a Captain in the force – like Rolando Solano, who was present at King’s beating, gazing on as his superiors beat a black man to a pulp, yet is now a Commanding Officer.

The point I’m trying to make is that there is no doubt that Christopher Dorner is not a sane man, but it’s absolutely obvious why he has had a breakdown with deadly consequences, and why he feels a moral compulsion to correct and eliminate the corruption he has been trained to correct and eliminate. I see people expressing hurt, shock, anger, fear all over the place – ‘Deadly cop killer’ ‘crazy cop’ a ‘cop’s worst nightmare’ – and yet the mainstream media seem unwilling to confront the very obvious fact that something monumental and huge happened to change this man. That this man is on a killing spree not because he enjoys senseless violence, but because he sees corruption so rampant that nothing will stop it, except perhaps him.

[quote]The enemy combatants in LA are not the citizens and suspects, it’s the police officers. -- Christopher Dorner

If people have to die so that corruption is eliminated, he accepts this. Just like LAPD accepts this. Just like your government does.

I’m no more scared of Dorner than I am of every cop with a gun in the United States of America. As Malcolm X said, it’s a case of the chickens coming home to roost.

Ruth Fowler is a journalist and screenwriter living in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 37802/11/2013

His facebook fans bring up a question: NARZASISTS DONT MARTY THEMSELVES FOR OTHER PPLS BENIFIT how is what he,s doing selfish

by Anonymousreply 37902/11/2013

R378, your post is such leftist folderol.

Why don't you try listening to the LAPD police scanner and listen to the crimes being called in. They are unbelievable. There are third world country crimes committed in LA.

For instance, the other night a perp was being evicted and in a rage tried to throw his landlord off the roof. Perp was black, landlord, hispanic.

And how about all of the calls of toddlers and small children being abandoned at night in parking lots, street corners, etc.

How about the rapes and sexual abuse of girls and women? Goes on every day and night.

For Dorner to call the LAPD the enemy of the state makes him a lig liar and propogandist. He knows, more than anyone else, how monstrous people in LA can be.

by Anonymousreply 38002/11/2013

Dave Chappelle made an intersting joke about seeing a three year old child alone on a street corner in the ghetto at three A.M.

He must have seen this in LA, because from what I'm hearing, LA is the capitol of child neglect and abandonment.

Judging by the calls, LA must rival Brazil in street urchins left by mommy and daddy. Except in LA's case, Mom and dad COULD afford them but choose not to.

Why LA attracts this kind of person who cannot commit to any parenting on a basic scale is scary.

by Anonymousreply 38102/11/2013

Dorner is epicly butthurt about being a shitty cop, and now he murders people. How delusional do you have to be to think that means he is somehow on your side? This issue could be a litmus test for mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 38202/11/2013

r382, why is it that people can't see both sides anymore?

I've been following this a lot on twitter, and only about 5-10% of the posts at any one time are even remotely balanced.

Yes, he is a classic NPD, BPD case. Shooting people is not right, especially LEOs' families.

I think it's totally possible he did falsify his allegations out of revenge.

(Of course, even that is the LAPD's fault in a way, because they didn't vet him out during the recruitment process.)

OTOH, though, I believe the allegations in his manifesto, and the LAPD needs to clean house. Other LEOs, some of them detectives, have been railroaded out of the force because they questioned police corruption.

I found it interesting during the OJ trial that Fuhrman was excoriated, rightly, for his racist slurs and attitudes, but no one followed up on his allegations.

Corruption and racism have been SOP in LA for ages.

I don't condone what he did, but I totally understand it, and the reaction of the people who are supporting him.

by Anonymousreply 38302/11/2013

r383 You said it yourself, shooting people is not right, to fucking put it mildly. Who cares what his beef is? He now looks like a crazy fuck for killing people simply because they were the offspring of someone he feels has wronged him. That action totally negates any "rightness" he may have had before. It wasn't even a necessary action, it's not like he had to kill them to steal their car, he was just butthurt like r382 said.

by Anonymousreply 38402/11/2013

Looks like Dorner just might be a DL'er:

[quote] Those lesbian officers in supervising positions who go to work, day in day out, with the sole intent of attempting to prove your misandrist authority (not feminism) to degrade male officers. You are a high value target.

[quote] LGBT community and supporters, the same way you have the right to voice your opinion on acceptance of gay marriage, Chick Fil-A has a right to voice their beliefs as well. That's what makes America so great. Freedom of expression. Don't be assholes and boycott/degrade their business and customers who patronize the locations. They make some damn good chicken! Vandalizing (graffiti) their locations does not help any cause.

by Anonymousreply 38502/11/2013

[quote]It’s interesting that America does not want to understand why our serial killers and our gunmen do what they do.

Do you watch the America media. That's all it does 24/7 on television.

by Anonymousreply 38602/11/2013

r386, the right answer is in her subsequent sentences:

After every tragedy, newspaper articles ask “Why”, and yet now, when we have an alleged killer who has answered the “Why” for us, we dismiss his explanation, replacing it with our own: He is simply crazy. We want to believe killers are ‘crazy’, a catch all word where we consign everyone who enacts violence which has not been sanctioned by the government to the realm of the mentally ill

by Anonymousreply 38702/11/2013

[quote]Shooting people is not right, especially LEOs' families.

Well, that's a ringing denunciation of 1st degree murder if ever I've heard one!

by Anonymousreply 38802/11/2013

[quote]That action totally negates any "rightness" he may have had before. It wasn't even a necessary action, it's not like he had to kill them to steal their car, he was just butthurt like [R382] said.

It doesn't negate the fact that he is right about the LAPD *and* the fact that whistleblowers are destroyed and forced out.

This guy is a criminal, and it's the same thing to me as any other criminal who makes allegations against LEOs.

Both sides need to investigated. I'm not giving a gangbanger a pass on whatever he was being arrested for because the cops beat him up.

OTOH, considering their record, I'm not ignoring the allegations because the guy was a criminal.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

In some cases, it will come to cases being thrown out, particularly in narcotics stings, when the LEOs behaviour is so appalling they lose credibility, especially at trial- a la Fuhrman.

by Anonymousreply 38902/11/2013

R383, most people do not posses the cognitive ability to view situations from multiple perspectives. At about 7 years of age children enter a developmental stage in which they begin to understand that other people have perceptions that differ from their own. However, just as physical attractiveness and athletic ability vary, so does cognitive development and cognitive ability.

Emotional maturity also plays a considerable role in the ability grasp situations from varied perspectives. It is an uncommon ability. That explains why you're encountering few who can recognize that what Chris has done is bad while also recognizing corruption among police officers.

by Anonymousreply 39002/11/2013

No, I can see that there are corrupt cops in L.A. but i don't think this guy is a hero or a martyr or whatever he is being lauded as. r382 is right because if Dorner hadn't been fired, he would have continued to work for those that he reviles so much and gone right along with them. It's a case of sour grapes, plain and simple.

by Anonymousreply 39102/11/2013

Hate to butt in, but can a paid subscriber please start a thread on the Navy Seal who killed Bin Laden and is now living in poverty? I have a subscription but my browser isn't allowing me to log in and I'm at a loss at what to do. Thanks. Huffingtonpost link to the story is provided.

by Anonymousreply 39202/11/2013

video of Chris Dorner buying scuba gears two days before his murder spree.

The plot thickens...

by Anonymousreply 39302/11/2013

All we wanted was some love but instead we got an Academy screener of Les Mis.

by Anonymousreply 39402/11/2013

r393, according to an FBI affidavit, they think he's in Mexico. Oops, I closed the window with the link, but it was on twitter just now.

That would explain the scuba gear.

by Anonymousreply 39502/11/2013

Interesting article.

Why the fuck is the Marine Corps involved in this?

by Anonymousreply 39602/11/2013

Possible shootout happening now

by Anonymousreply 39702/12/2013

Christopher Dorner manhunt: police surround cabin in Big Bear – live

happening now

by Anonymousreply 39802/12/2013

dorner believed to be holed up in SoCa cabin

[Updated at 6:19 p.m. ET] Aerial footage from KCAL and KCBS shows officers stopping and checking the interiors of vehicles on a four-lane road in the Big Bear area.

[Updated at 6:15 p.m. ET] LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith tells reporters that authorities aren't 100% sure that the suspect in the cabin is Dorner, but they believe it's him.

"The likelihood is that it is him, but we can't say for sure," Smith said.

by Anonymousreply 39902/12/2013

R392

thread started see link

by Anonymousreply 40002/12/2013

How do you know that, R401?

by Anonymousreply 40202/12/2013

R402 one of the KCBS reporters is right there near the officers and the cabin. He heard the teargas being fired in there, then reported hearing a shot come from inside the cabin. He was saying LEOs speculating it was Dorner shooting himself.

by Anonymousreply 40302/12/2013

The CNN reporter Miguel just called the spokesperson for the San Bernardino Police Department "dear." That's inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 40402/12/2013

KRYSTLE'S IN THAT CABIN!

by Anonymousreply 40502/12/2013

Why would Dorner shoot himself, R403?

by Anonymousreply 40602/12/2013

R401/R403, what planet are you from?

by Anonymousreply 40702/12/2013

R407? I'm not R01. I've had the streaming video running on my computer for the past 2 hours, and saw heard the reporter describing the tear gas shots as they were happening, as well as seeing the video (not live) and hearing his cell phone audio when he was there for the initial shootout.

The reporter's name is Carter Evans.

by Anonymousreply 40802/12/2013

watching Nancy Grace....reporter just told her that Dorner held a couple captive all night, tried to leave, couldn't get past cops, holed up in the cabin...

by Anonymousreply 40902/12/2013

cabin surrounded now, Dorner is alone inside cabin, now cabin on fire, cops waiting it out

Dorner will not make it out alive

by Anonymousreply 41002/12/2013

Wasn't Leo & Lance shot in that cabin? I'm fairly sure it was.

by Anonymousreply 41102/12/2013

They said they found his body.

by Anonymousreply 41202/12/2013

Distrust of the police is much more widespread than many people appear to realize or are willing to admit. It's not exclusively a black or Latino issue. Young white males have also been victims of police brutality. Ask any young white male in SoCal who is a skater or fits the description of a skater ( or even worse a pothead) if they know anyone who has been harassed or beaten by police or if they've experienced it themselves. Young Asian males who fit a certain profile or drive certain cars may also have a story or two.

Many young women of various backgrounds have had some not so nice encounters as well. In fact, a police officer in my city was just sentenced to prison for sexually assaulting numerous young women he pulled over. We have a very famous case in the city of a young woman was beaten, raped, and murdered by a cop after being pulled over one night while driving home. The cop was a serial rapist who used his badge to assault young women. So distrust of the police is fairly widespread as we've seen from the reaction to this situation.

by Anonymousreply 41402/12/2013

Spokeswoman Bachman is bitchslapping journalists for dumb questions

by Anonymousreply 41502/12/2013

Weird, I thought I posted that just once.

by Anonymousreply 41602/12/2013

Here is a poignant tribute from his fangurl page:

"I told u all R.I.P to this man I knew the fucking police wouldnt let this man go alive. I wish It couldof been a better way for this man. I WOULD NEVER REGRET SAYING I WOULD OF FUCKED HIM BEFORE THIS TRAGEDY.... ;"

How sweat (sic)

by Anonymousreply 41702/12/2013
Need more help? Click Here.