Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Janet Jackson honored at Feb. 6th 2013 amfAR event in NYC

Ageless beauty. Beyonce who?

by Anonymousreply 5702/10/2013

A long time ago, DLers would start a thread like this with a 'Bow Down Bitches' in all caps. She looks amazing for 40.

by Anonymousreply 302/06/2013

MDNA? Don't you mean DOA?

by Anonymousreply 802/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 1102/07/2013

Sorry, those fake cheeks are gross. She looks like that puppet Madam.

by Anonymousreply 1202/07/2013

LOL@R12! (Even though it is passe nowadays to use LOL). Thanks for the memory of Madame, the puppet. I used to catch that act in Provincetown every summer until he died.

by Anonymousreply 1302/07/2013

It looks like Janet has begun that long slippery weird road of facial surgery that Michael embarked on. She's starting to look mighty extraterrestrial here. Is she the new catwoman?

by Anonymousreply 1402/07/2013

I put an ice cube on my ingrown pube.

by Anonymousreply 1502/07/2013

by Anonymousreply 1602/07/2013

She needs to stop with the surgery. She was very beautiful a few years ago. Age naturally from now on Janet.

by Anonymousreply 1702/07/2013

What happened to her? Does she still have a career in music? She used to be such a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 1802/07/2013

First of all, that's Instagram soft lighting. Second, she has granny hands.

by Anonymousreply 1902/07/2013

[quote]First of all, that's Instagram soft lighting. Second, she has granny hands.

The others are from Getty Images, duncehead. And she is gorgeous in all of them.

[quote]What happened to her? Does she still have a career in music? She used to be such a big deal.

She still is, which is why many pop artists of today are still covering her songs and referencing her as the pop icon that she is. What happened to her? She wrote a book a couple of years ago that went to #1 on the NY Times Bestsellers list, she went on a world tour last year, she's been making movies...

And Janet has not had any more surgeries. She looks better than many other female celebs her age, and she certainly looks younger than her 46 years.

by Anonymousreply 2002/10/2013

She went on a world tour of 3,000-seat theaters.

by Anonymousreply 2102/10/2013

Is she 40 now? Wiki says 46.

by Anonymousreply 2202/10/2013

Yes, she's 46 years old.

[quote]She went on a world tour of 3,000-seat theaters.

The show was Up Close and Personal. It was driven by fan request--she would go and play in intimate venues wherever there was fan demand. She played everywhere--from the US and Canada to Europe, Africa and Asia. She had to extend some of the dates because the demand was so great. South America and Australia wanted her as well, but she wasn't able to visit those places last time around. I'm thinking whenever she tours again those will be the first places she goes. For an artist who hadn't had a new album in 4 years to sell out in all of those places is no small feat.

by Anonymousreply 2302/10/2013

Janet playing YAS Arena in Abu Dhabi in 2011

by Anonymousreply 2402/10/2013

R23, if there was actual demand, she would be playing arenas.

by Anonymousreply 2502/10/2013

Yikes! Her cheeks look like they are trying to jettison from her face!

Madam, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 2602/10/2013

There was actual demand, R25, which is why every date sold out, and some dates had to be extended. Your willfullness is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 2702/10/2013

Janet has always had apple cheeks, regardless of her weight. Some of you people are ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 2802/10/2013

Every date did not sell out.

She had to cancel an ppearance at a state fair becaue ticket sales were so low.

by Anonymousreply 2902/10/2013

You seem to know (or think you know) an awful lot about a woman you're clearly not a fan of, R29. That show was cancelled because of the accident where the stage collapsed during a Sugarland concert. Janet was scheduled to play a day or so after that, but thought it best to cancel the show out of respect for those who lost their lives in the Sugarland incident. It had nothing to do with ticket sales. That article is baised.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013

[quote]AMFAR? What has she done for the gays?

Are you slow? What has she done for gays? How about her tireless effort in supporting groups such as amfAR and GLADD? How about how she was the first black female to be honored with the GLADD Vanguard Award back in 2008?

In 2005, Janet received the Humanitarian Award from the Human Rights Campaign and AIDS Project Los Angeles in recognition of her involvement in raising funds for AIDS charities.

In 2008, Janet appeared in a public service announcement sponsored by the Logo television network and the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) in response to the E.O. Green School shooting. The announcement discussed the murder of fifteen-year-old Lawrence "Larry" King and the safety of LGBT youth in public schools. Jackson states that "none of us are safe, until all of us are safe."

In November of 1997, Janet was honored by the National Black Lesbian and Gay Leadership Forum for her "The Velvet Ropet" album. The album was honored for its sexual orientation-related content, in addition to receiving the award for Outstanding Music Album at the 9th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in 1998.

Janet has many gay friends, and often speaks of her support for same-sex marriage. Her "The Velvet Rope" album is well-known for its anti-homophobia content, its themes of homosexuality and bisexuality, and for its massive hit single "Together Again", which celebrated the friends Janet has lost to AIDS.

[italic]"I don't mind people thinking that I'm gay or calling me gay. People are going to believe whatever they want. Yes, I hang out at gay clubs, but other clubs too. I go where the music is good. I love people regardless of sexual preference..."[/italic] --Janet

by Anonymousreply 3202/10/2013

[italic]"We are delighted to honor Janet Jackson at the 19th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles as such a visible, welcoming and inclusive ally of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. Ms. Jackson has a tremendous following inside the LGBT community and out, and having her stand with us against the defamation that LGBT people still face in our country is extremely significant."[/italic]

—GLAAD President Neil G. Giuliano

by Anonymousreply 3302/10/2013

That's quite a stretch, #32. A couple statuettes and some vague references on an album 16 years ago? Oh, and there was that appearance once on "Will & Grace"...

How about acknowledging that her dead brother was either gay or transgendered?

by Anonymousreply 3402/10/2013

How insensitive and woefully ignorant you are, R34. Those things I posted are no stretch by ANY means, and it was a little more than some "vague references on an album 16 years ago." The Velvet Rope poignantly speaks on anti-homophobia on "Free Xone", and, as I stated, "Together Again" was dedicated to friends she'd lost to AIDS. There are also references to bisexuality throughout the album. She has supported gay causes for many years. I suppose you'd be happy if she just completely ignored our causes and charities, like so many other pop stars have. Get a life.

by Anonymousreply 3502/10/2013

[quote]How about acknowledging that her dead brother was either gay or transgendered?

What in the hell does her talking about her brother's sexuality have to do with anything? The man is dead and gone. Some of you people are just rotten to the core.

by Anonymousreply 3602/10/2013

JANBOT, a 3,000 seat auditorium is NOT considered a large venue. Where are you from, Bumfuck, North Dakota?

by Anonymousreply 3702/10/2013

LOOK at the SAG on her TITS in that Ellen photo! HOLY SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 3802/10/2013

R37/R38, get a fucking life. Your hate for a woman you don't even know is beyond pathetic. AS I SAID, the tour was UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL. It was not billed as a Janet Jackson arena tour, it was billed as an UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL INTIMATE TOUR, and, for what it was, it did EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. She played all over the world, nitwit, and had to extend the tour because of demand. And she did it all with no new material to promote. Now, you can go have a seat in every last one of the chairs in those "3,000 seat auditoriums", bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3902/10/2013

[quote]She looks amazing for 40

She was born in 1966; she's older than 40. And she looks like she does because of all the PS she's had.

by Anonymousreply 4002/10/2013

Jesus, those are some sad tits on Janet.

by Anonymousreply 4102/10/2013

It's no secret that Janet Jackson is 46 years old, R40, but she looks every bit of 36 because she takes care of herself. If you consider a nosejob when she was 16 "all that PS", then you clearly don't have one clue about anything.

by Anonymousreply 4202/10/2013

PLEASE Janbot, come back here and defend Janet's tits!

You simply cannot leave them undefended like this.

by Anonymousreply 4302/10/2013

Didn't she have two of her ribs removed too? I also see some cheekbone work as well.

by Anonymousreply 4402/10/2013

[quote]Jesus, those are some sad tits on Janet.

The only thing sad is you, as trolldar clearly indicates.

by Anonymousreply 4502/10/2013

[quote]Didn't she have two of her ribs removed too?

Another urban legend--one of the more laughable ones, too. Of course, Janet isn't the only legendary diva to have been tagged with this charge. Cher was rumored to have had the same thing done. Alas, it's such a silly rumor because, how would one function and survive after such a surgery? I mean, the time it would take in healing alone...

[quote]I also see some cheekbone work as well.

The Jacksons are known for their high/prominent cheekbones. No work done there either.

by Anonymousreply 4602/10/2013

LOL, obsessed JANBOT has a whole hard drive full of chubby Janet memorabilia! What a loser!

by Anonymousreply 4702/10/2013

I LUUURVE the Janbot! She never disappoints!

by Anonymousreply 4802/10/2013

You take the crown for "loser", R47, as trolldar shows you going from one Janet thread to another to spout bullshit about a woman you are so clearly in love with. It's like witnessing one of those kids in grade school who says nasty things about a girl because he really loves her. LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 4902/10/2013

Mutual love, R48!

by Anonymousreply 5002/10/2013

I love this new promo for the show "Psych" where they parody Janet's "Nasty". Awesomeness!

by Anonymousreply 5102/10/2013

I think R45/R46 is Flo Anthony, that obese fangurl keeper of all things Jackson...

by Anonymousreply 5202/10/2013

R52, No, dear. You could not be further from the truth.

by Anonymousreply 5302/10/2013

I love janbot!!!

Feedbag, feedbag.

by Anonymousreply 5402/10/2013

Yeah! Feed the JANBOT! Feed the JANBOT! Watch her head blow up!

by Anonymousreply 5502/10/2013

Janet"broke ass and weave" Jackson heard about LAPD's offer or $1m for Dorner. She's eating Big Bear Mt right now.

by Anonymousreply 5602/10/2013

Don't hate, R56, just because you're relegated to a life in the ghetto with your gold tooth-sportin' mama, your welfare-collectin' sister, your dime bag-slingin' bro and your Colt 45-swiggin' pappy.

by Anonymousreply 5702/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!