Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CA Governor Jerry Brown

How did the gay rumors originate?

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013

He studied to be a priest. Nobody does that who isn't a flaming homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 102/06/2013

I am CA born and raised and was a teen during the Gov. Moonbeam years. I remember the Medfly spraying, the Plymouth Satellite, and his claims to live an ascetic lifestyle. I live here now and I don't recall ever hearing any gossip about him then or now. He had an affair with Linda Ronstadt that seemed to go nowhere.

OK, I just did search because I remember they went on African safari together which made a big splash back then and found this. First of all, oh how People has declined. I knew this, but reading this article really drove the point home.

Second, this may be where the rumors came from. The author is trying to make some kind of a point about his sexuality, but the entire article seems to suggest personality and lifestyle disparities created problems, at least for her.

[quote]From all appearances, the governor's romance with Ronstadt—if that indeed is what it is—did not warm up appreciably under the tropical sun. Photographers and reporters, frustrated at their inability to get into Uganda to cover the war, descended on the couple in swarms, staking out their twin-bedded cottages and tents. While Brown discoursed on the state of African sod, Ronstadt hid out in hotel suites and toilets or talked rock over beers with friends in the press corps. "Linda doesn't understand all this environmental stuff," explained a friend at one point. "She'd just as soon leave that to Jerry." Back home Brown's father, ex-governor Pat, expressed hope that their trip would strike voters as proof his son was "a regular man," but it only had the effect of making their relationship seem more ambiguous than ever. As a friend of Ronstadt's in L.A. put it: "Even they don't know what's going on."

In-ter-est-ing.

by Anonymousreply 202/06/2013

Interesting, indeed. Thanks, R2.

by Anonymousreply 302/06/2013

In TOTC, Brown was portrayed as a flagellation freak.

by Anonymousreply 402/07/2013

I'm sorry, TOTC?

by Anonymousreply 502/07/2013

TOTC = Tales of the City

by Anonymousreply 602/07/2013

bump for Jer

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2013

Some of us don't know what we are for most our lives. I think Brown is one of those people. He started out in a seminary if I'm not mistaken and along the way became a Buddhist. Sexually I think the guy was a-sexual in his youth or very deeply closeted. Along the way he's gotten to know more about who he is, and I think his recent marriage is on par with becoming a Buddhist. Guys in their 70's aren't roaring sexpots or sexkettles as the case may be. His wife is likely a good friend and confident, so we like will never know if Jerry indulged in sex with men.

As a 70 year old sexkettle, I can assure you, I have no interest in sex with anyone, not even myself. I like to look at the pretties (boys) as I call them, but I no longer feel I'm even of the same specie.

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2013

He called Rick Perry's ad designed to lure business from CA "not a burp. Barely a fart." so he did maintain decorum for the most part. But you have to love them man who is now forever responsible with linking Perry's name with "fart" in a Google search.

by Anonymousreply 1002/10/2013

Has he ever had a close relationship with a man? A best friend, or devoted assistant?

Because avoiding the opposite sex isn't enough to set off my gaydar, I need some demonstration of attraction to the same.

by Anonymousreply 1102/10/2013

[quote]Brown has a long-term friendship with Jacques Barzaghi, his aide-de-camp, whom he met in the early 1970s and put on his payroll. Author Roger Rapaport wrote in his 1982 Brown biography California Dreaming: The Political Odyssey of Pat & Jerry Brown, "this combination clerk, chauffeur, fashion consultant, decorator and trusted friend had no discernible powers. Yet late at night, after everyone had gone home to their families and TV consoles, it was Jacques who lingered in the Secretary (of state's) office." Barzaghi and his sixth wife Aisha lived with Brown in the warehouse in Jack London Square; Barzaghi was brought into Oakland city government upon Brown's election as mayor, where Barzaghi first acted as the mayor's armed bodyguard. Brown later rewarded Barzaghi with high-paying city jobs, including Arts Director[citation needed]. Brown dismissed Barzaghi in July 2004.[8]

by Anonymousreply 1202/10/2013

I recall Barzaghi from on of Brown's presidential campaigns. IIRC, he was trying direct some type of a documentary of the campaign in addition to his other duties, whatever they were. He was quite abrasive and he never pinged for me.

He left his job with Brown after a domestic disturbance call. I don't know what became of him and their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 1302/10/2013

Jerry Brown was and still is a deeply closeted gay man. During his first term he would have private "parties" for men only just like Merv Griffin.

It's obvious when he was with Linda that he was just using Linda for appearances' sake and he now does this with his "wife" who is a lesbian.

Jerry Brown has done some good for the LGBT community but he's a coward and a hypocritical closet queen.

by Anonymousreply 1403/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.