Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Marco Rubio, The GOP Anointed One, To Give State Of The Union Response For GOP

He's already writing his life story for his presidential run. They're already branding him.

en. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) will deliver the Republican Party's response to President Obama's State of the Union address next Tuesday.

The decision to tap Rubio for the response was announced by House Speaker John Boehner's (R-Ohio) office on Wednesday.

"Marco Rubio is one of our party’s most dynamic and inspiring leaders. He carries our party’s banner of freedom, opportunity and prosperity in a way few others can. His family’s story is a testament to the promise and greatness of America," Boehner said in a statement. "He’ll deliver a GOP address that speaks from the heart to the hopes and dreams of the middle class; to our party’s commitment to life and liberty; and to the unlimited potential of America when government is limited and effective."

Rubio's rebuttal will be delivered in both English and Spanish, Boehner's office said.

Last year's GOP response was given by former Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels.

by Anonymousreply 1102/06/2013

May he do as well as Piyush did in 2009.

by Anonymousreply 102/06/2013

I was just going to say the very same thing, R1.

by Anonymousreply 202/06/2013

I think he'll do better than Jindal did. Rubio is more photogenic and is unlikely to be as much of a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 302/06/2013

Oh God ...

by Anonymousreply 402/06/2013

I hope he drops trou and the end of the speech and shows us all his uncut Cuban pinga.

by Anonymousreply 502/06/2013

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 602/06/2013

I doubt keep lying about his parents fleeing Castro (they moved here two years before the coup).

The speech will be well-written, and less a response to the specific points in Obama's speech than a long infomercial for the "new" Republican party brand. And his delivery will have a whiff of not being sincere.

But he'll definitely say shit that flip-flops on shit he said last year. It'll make quite the video reel for Rachel, Colbert, etc.

In Republicans' naked lust for Latino votes, I wonder if they realize he only won 40% of the non-Cuban Latino vote in Florida in 2010. Even counting Cubans, he could only pull 55% of the overall Latino vote.

by Anonymousreply 702/06/2013

[quote]I doubt keep lying about his parents fleeing Castro

Could you please re-write this sentence into English?

by Anonymousreply 802/06/2013

It would be hard to do worse than Jindal.

by Anonymousreply 902/06/2013

[quote]I hope he drops trou and the end of the speech and shows us all his uncut Cuban pinga.

I'm assuming that's why they chose him.

by Anonymousreply 1002/06/2013

How do we know Marco Rubio is uncut? He was born in the US.

by Anonymousreply 1102/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.