Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Was Leo DiCaprio ever really hot?

I know he was a huge heartthrob but was he ever hot? He's always looked like a stumpy butterball to me but was he ever hot? And yes I've seen Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 3202/08/2013

He has such a sweet ass...

by Anonymousreply 102/06/2013

No, I wouldn't say hot although he was a very pretty young man.

by Anonymousreply 202/06/2013

He was very pretty in a girlish way that appealed to teenage girls (think Justin Bieberish)

by Anonymousreply 302/06/2013

If he was ever cute, it was at an age so young practically everyone is cute.

by Anonymousreply 402/06/2013

He was cute in Total Eclipse. He was just transitioning out of his twink phase.

by Anonymousreply 502/06/2013

He was cute and twinky when he was younger, yes.

by Anonymousreply 602/06/2013

He was kind of cute when young. Flawless skin when I saw him in person but his face has always reminded me of the dish that ran away with the spoon.

by Anonymousreply 702/06/2013

Why has he done so little nudity over the years? That's what I'd like to know.

by Anonymousreply 802/06/2013

He's always seemed a bit pan faced to me.

by Anonymousreply 902/06/2013

And yet he's one of the most successful actors of his generation.

by Anonymousreply 1002/06/2013

Didn't comment on his acting ability. Tommy Lee Jones is so ugly he could make a train take a dirt road, but he's a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 1102/06/2013

I think he was at his hottest in "Total Eclipse" and "The Basketball Diaries", and then again later in "The Beach".

by Anonymousreply 1202/06/2013

Yes, R12, although some would also argue that he was at his peak in "Titanic" - he was well known before then, but that was the movie that made him a global star.

by Anonymousreply 1302/06/2013

Is he hot OP? I don't know, but he has Bradley Cooper hanging out unclothed with him, so I'd say he's hot enough.

by Anonymousreply 1402/06/2013

Probably at the peak of his beauty in "Romeo+Juliet," but I've never found him sexy at all.

by Anonymousreply 1502/06/2013

What R15 said. I was a freshman in high school (at an all girls school) during the movie. They used to make us watch Channel One News (w/a young Anderson) and one of the commercials was for R&J. I remember very vividly that when he came on the screen, most of the girls let out screams. My teacher and I looked at each other like wtf? Same thing happened at the theater. As soon as he came on the screen, all the girls in the audience screamed.

by Anonymousreply 1602/06/2013

I think that it's the role that makes an actor or actress hot, not necessarily the way the individual looks in person or on screen. Witness how extremely hot Christopher Reeve got after Superman. Was he that hot in "real life" or just a screen "fantasy object."

by Anonymousreply 1702/06/2013

He doesn't have a very good body. He isn't athletic and he achieved great success without ever working out hard to improve his physique. Now he is too rich to care.

by Anonymousreply 1802/06/2013

He was about as pretty as a man could be in the late 90s. But pretty is not hot. To me, he's never been hot or handsome or sexy. Just pretty.

by Anonymousreply 1902/06/2013

Not hot... just talented. And did I mention his sweet ass?

by Anonymousreply 2002/06/2013

Never did a thing for me, just never got it, same for George Clooney, don't see the attraction.

by Anonymousreply 2102/06/2013

I dont know if I would ever consider him hot. But he had that non-threatening pretty boy look that is so popular with preteen girls.

by Anonymousreply 2202/06/2013

His head is freakishly round like a beach ball.

by Anonymousreply 2302/06/2013

R21, Girls fall in love with George Clooney's deep, expressive eyes, emoting sensitivity and a charming manner, exaggerated by his role as a caring doctor on ER, and his public support of Darfur and telethon host of important charity fundraisers.

by Anonymousreply 2402/06/2013

The most important question about DiCaprio is: "Is Leo gay"?

by Anonymousreply 2502/06/2013

Pre-teen and teenage girls go craziest for a none threatening type of male. Come to think of it, so do fraus. With Brad Pitt excepting, the prettiest, sexiest most handsome men never become the biggest stars in Hollywood. Add Justin Bieber and Robert Pattinson to the list of unattractive heartthrobs.

by Anonymousreply 2602/08/2013

He never turned me on.

by Anonymousreply 2702/08/2013

R26, they may be unattractive to you or to some of us, but obviously they are very attractive to millions of women, otherwise they wouldn't be so popular

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

No he wasn't OP.

by Anonymousreply 2902/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 3002/08/2013

I was ten years old when Titanic came out and saw it in the theater like seemingly everyone else did. (My Catholic mother was horrified afterwards that she took me to a movie with so much "adult content," as if I was really scarred or affected in any way by a pair of naked boobs and that ridiculously campy hand-slapping-against-the-car-window orgasm scene.) Anyway, even at that age I always thought that Billy Zane was much more attractive than Leo in the movie. I still think so, even more so now. I know he played an asshole in the film, but come on - in terms of raw physical attractiveness, there was NO comparison between the two of them (I never got why they didn't hire an older, fat and/or ugly guy for that role so it would be more believable that she was so repulsed by the idea of marrying the guy). All the girls in my fifth grade class went fucking nuts for Leo, though. The whole thing was kind of strange to me - I already knew perfectly well that I was attracted to guys, but I wasn't into him, and I almost felt this weird kind of social pressure to think he was hot. I felt the same way about Justin Timberlake during the heyday of N'Sync - always thought the guy was fug, and was mystified by all the hype about how supposedly "hot" he was, and how pretty much every middle school girl I knew seemed to love him.

by Anonymousreply 3102/08/2013

So according to most in this thread, you have to be old, grizzled, or ugly to be "hot." You people are seriously warped.

by Anonymousreply 3202/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!