Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jeb Bush moves closer to 2016 run

February 5, 2013

In the strongest indication yet that the next member of the Bush dynasty is planning a 2016 presidential run, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush Tuesday agreed to appear at the upcoming CPAC convention, long considered the first step to running for president.

The American Conservative Union said that Bush will address the 40th annual Conservative Political Action Conference scheduled for March 14-16 in National Harbor, Md., on the Washington beltway. It will be his first appearance.

Bush is considered one of the leading potential candidates, along with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio. However, he has been coy about his intentions.

by Anonymousreply 8106/27/2013

NO.MORE.BUSH.

by Anonymousreply 102/06/2013

We have to protect ourselves by creating an Internet meme that goes "70% of all Americans don't ever want to see another Bush in the White House."

We have to Google bomb it and repeat it over and over everywhere until it passes for commonly held wisdom that 70% of all Americans don't ever want to see another Bush in the White House.

The Powers That Be cannot foist another Bush upon us via election fraud if we go into the 2016 season with everyone accepting the premise that 70% of all Americans don't ever want to see another Bush in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 202/06/2013

You better not do [bold]this[/bold] again you dumb mother fuckers.

We won't forgive you this time.

by Anonymousreply 302/06/2013

America is tired of Bush League politics.

by Anonymousreply 402/06/2013

Bush Palin 2016. Can't wait!!!

by Anonymousreply 502/06/2013

This is one of the reasons why Hillary needs to run. Her polling numbers put her ahead of Jeb Bush, even in Florida.

But I'm worried that she won't be able to.

by Anonymousreply 602/06/2013

Bush. His brother kind of wrecked the brand, didn't he? I don't see a lot of mainstream support for this.

by Anonymousreply 702/06/2013

Sure they understand, the while Jeb might be wildly popular to the base and the Tea Party faction, he could never win a national election, because 70% of Americans don't want another Bush in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 802/06/2013

W did wreck the Bush brand, R7. Not only that, Jeb was always considered the "presidential material" of the family, W was just a fuck up until much later. Then the fuck up moved in and took Jeb's presidency.

W-guilt-by-association will take Jeb out in the primaries. Also, he's not batshit crazy so the tea baggers and assorted Republican loons will have more attractive options.

by Anonymousreply 902/06/2013

We will fight against this.

by Anonymousreply 1002/06/2013

W. damaged the brand, but not irreparably. Jeb is polling reasonably well in some of the polls this month. A couple of weeks ago Hillary beat him in a poll in Florida, but only by about 4 points. He's not finished yet.

by Anonymousreply 1102/06/2013

In an interview with ABC's "This Week," Jeb Bush says his parents are divided on whether he should run for president in 2016.

This statement is a clear indication that he has plans to gain the Oval Office. Since he was a major part of the fraud that put his brother in the job, you can be sure he's working on plans to steal this one for himself.

by Anonymousreply 1206/14/2013

Babs does not want him to run. He probably thinks he has a chance because he will have Florida in the bag. As a Floridian, I think most people consider Jeb a saint compared to the evil Rick Scott, and George W. Not that I would ever cast a vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 1306/14/2013

If it were Clinton/Bush again, I think America as a banana republic would finally get some traction as the fact it is.

by Anonymousreply 1406/14/2013

The approval rating for W is climbing ; it's 49% approval now. Of course it's in anticipation for Jeb.

by Anonymousreply 1506/14/2013

Numbers lie, r15, these polls are nothing but manipulations.

by Anonymousreply 1606/14/2013

It's exactly why we shouldn't have Clinton. Because they could run Bush. Don't forget this is the worst of the Bushes, being smarter and more ideological than the others. In fact, this piece of shit wanted to privatize the water supply in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 1706/14/2013

Really do think W has ruined it for Jeb and others of the Bush clan. We are still feeling the very long-term impact of the W administration. As much a s I like Hillary, I don't want her to run...we're not supposed to have these dynastic families in the US, are we??

by Anonymousreply 1806/14/2013

I can't believe you pinheads still believe elections are "real".

by Anonymousreply 1906/14/2013

[quote]Since he was a major part of the fraud that put his brother in the job, you can be sure he's working on plans to steal this one for himself.

He'll be up against the Clinton machine this time, not the insipid Al Gore. And The Clinton Machine will do to him what they did to the last Bush.

by Anonymousreply 2006/15/2013

We will kill him like we killed Chick-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 2106/15/2013

[quote]we're not supposed to have these dynastic families in the US, are we??

link.

by Anonymousreply 2206/15/2013

Isn't there a nephew who is half Latino that was supposed to be in the spotlight for a run at the presidency? Jeb's son????

by Anonymousreply 2306/15/2013

He's running for an administrative position in Texas of some sort, R23

by Anonymousreply 2406/15/2013

I want Jeb to succeed if for no other reason than it would deal a crippling blow to the Tea Party, which has had such a devastating effect on the body politic.

by Anonymousreply 2506/15/2013

That's a ridiculous reason, R25. You want him to be President? Instead of Hillary?

by Anonymousreply 2606/15/2013

I wonder if all those fertile brown people will vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 2706/15/2013

R25, Knowing how some of the Repubs, especially those on the far right and the Tea Party members, are very racist, does anyone think that a presidential candidate and wife who is not pure white would ever get the Repub nomination?

by Anonymousreply 2806/15/2013

R20 Yeah the same fucking machine that lost to a political dilettante Barack Obama! Obama beat Hil got the nomination and won the Presidency. The press savaged Hil to the point where they made her look like a harpie. Not to mention a bald faced liar.

No more Clinton and Bushes. These people need to fucking disappear. We don't have royal families in the US so let's put an end to this bullshit. I've had enough of these fucking people.

by Anonymousreply 2906/15/2013

Pay attention, r23. George P. Bush is Jeb's son. George Bush Senior used to call George P. "the little brown one."

by Anonymousreply 3006/15/2013

R29, Who would you recommend as the next president?

by Anonymousreply 3106/15/2013

[quote]Yeah the same fucking machine that lost to a political dilettante Barack Obama! Obama beat Hil got the nomination and won the Presidency.

That was a once in a lifetime occurrence because people wanted 'hope and change' that year.

And btw, it took Obama months to beat Hillary. He lost many states to her along the way, including Ohio & Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 3206/15/2013

Anyone whose last name is not Bush or Clinton, that's for sure. If we thought Obama is a sell out can you imagine Hil? She was a young republican and in her old age she's a hawk? People in Serbia see her as a Bin laden type along with Bill.

by Anonymousreply 3306/15/2013

R30, Exactly. If even his grandfather calls him by a racist name, and he is only 1/2 Hispanic, how would he do on the national scene with the still somewhat prejudiced Repub Party elite?

by Anonymousreply 3406/15/2013

The Repug nominee is going to be either Rand Paul, Rubio, or Paul Ryan. Bush and Christie are far too reasonable for a base that won't nominate another moderate after the stinging defeats of McCain and Romney. Repugs are also under the delusion that Rubio is their version of Obama and can attract Latino voters to their party. As if.

by Anonymousreply 3506/15/2013

I read there's solid internal polling that says 70% of Americans don't want another Bush as president.

by Anonymousreply 3606/15/2013

R35, If so, then Repubs are stupider and more delusional than I could ever imagine.

by Anonymousreply 3706/15/2013

[quote]People in Serbia see her as a Bin laden type along with Bill.

You are crazy.

People are not talking about Hillary in Serbia.

by Anonymousreply 3806/15/2013

R35 They are stupid but they aren't that stupid. They want to win and there is no fucking way that Rand Paul or Ryan can win.They have no choice but to go with a Christie OR a Bush.

R36 I'm happy about that but who knows what might happen in the future.

by Anonymousreply 3906/15/2013

R32 A once in a lifetime?! Hil had that nomination sewn up. The press got behind Obama and savaged Hil to no end. She deserved every inch of their brutality. she was exposed as a liar(she was not shot at in Serbia) and came across as a weepy mess.Obama came across as sincere and honest something HC could never do because lying to her is second nature.

by Anonymousreply 4006/15/2013

R40 = Michelle Obama

by Anonymousreply 4106/15/2013

George H.W. Bush was picking out different grandchildren out of a crowd to introduce them to a reporter. He pointed to the "little brown ones" to differentiate them. It's not as though he goes around calling them that.

Yes, racial epithets are degrading. But when you make a big deal out of nothing, you trivialize the issue.

by Anonymousreply 4206/15/2013

If US voters are actually stupid enough to put another Bush in the White House, then this country deserves everything it fucking gets.

by Anonymousreply 4306/15/2013

Personally I think the Repubs will look in a whole new direction for the next presidential candidate. Let's hope they waste a lot of money trying; it's good for the economy.

by Anonymousreply 4406/15/2013

[quote]If US voters are actually stupid enough to put another Bush in the White House, then this country deserves everything it fucking gets.

It goes far beyond votes. US voters didn't put Dubya in the Oval Office when he ran against Gore.

by Anonymousreply 4506/15/2013

r40 yeah Obama is sincere and honest alright. He tells his supporters one thing, and as President, he does another. Even if a great number of Americans don't care about this NSA issue, Obama did a complete 180 on the Patriot Act and unauthorized spying of American citizens.

To be honest, I don't know what's real about Obama anymore. Let's hope none of this NSA crap effects the Dems in 2014. I suspect the Tea Party crowd will come out in droves.

by Anonymousreply 4606/15/2013

[quote]Obama did a complete 180 on the Patriot Act and unauthorized spying of American citizens.

Yup. Every President ends up doing that. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 4706/16/2013

R26, if it hasn't sunk in already, not everyone who posts here is gay and/or a democrat.

by Anonymousreply 4806/16/2013

Hilary could save a ton of money in campaign advertising. She could just run an ad with Bush I's infamous "Read my lips" speech, Bush II doing all his stupid shit they used to show on Letterman and the question "Do you really want another Bush in the White House?" at the end.

by Anonymousreply 4906/16/2013

Instead of electing another Bush, wouldn't it be more expedient to unleash our nuclear arsenal on ourselves?

by Anonymousreply 5006/16/2013

The sticking point with me and Libertarians is that they are all anti-choice. You'd think that the right to abort an unwanted pregnancy (and to have access to all forms of FDA-approved methods of birth control, including types that prevent implantation of a fertilized egg) would be pretty fundamental. But no. Rand and Ron and Paul Ryan all say you can have all the fucking guns you want, but no morning-after pill.

by Anonymousreply 5106/16/2013

Is there a way someone can plan a Game of Thrones' Red Wedding style event for the Bushes. Seriously? Please! I'M SICK OF THEM!!!

by Anonymousreply 5206/17/2013

No Bush is ever getting into the White House again.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 5306/17/2013

Is ANYONE really looking forward to Jeb Bush appearing anywhere ever again? He's a big "So What!" to me.

by Anonymousreply 5406/17/2013

R34, The republican families are integrating more than the democrats.

by Anonymousreply 5506/17/2013

The McCain family

by Anonymousreply 5606/17/2013

Don't be so quick to judge. Jeb Bush is very pro gay.

by Anonymousreply 5706/17/2013

Jeb Bush and family.

by Anonymousreply 5806/17/2013

He will never EVER win. Everyone now knows about the Bush Family Mafia thanks to W.

by Anonymousreply 5906/17/2013

I know this is damning with faint praise, but for a Bush he's very articulate.

by Anonymousreply 6006/17/2013

Says who, r57? Where's your proof? Because he has gay friends? Because he loves Romero Britto? Because he didn't care that Charlie Crist was a closet case when he worked with him and because he didn't throw Mark Foley under the bus?

He may be pro-gay personally, but he has shown no inclination to buck the party line on that issue. I'd like to think you're right. I earnestly do. So if you have proof, share it.

by Anonymousreply 6106/17/2013

Doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of Repubs, and especially those on the far right or members of the Tea Party, are racist.

by Anonymousreply 6206/17/2013

R62, Liberals are just as racist and hypocritial.

by Anonymousreply 6306/17/2013

Whatever happened to his crack whore daughter?

by Anonymousreply 6406/17/2013

r63!

You provided a link to NewsMax to bolster your statement!?

Seriously?

Why aren't you watching FoxNews instead of banging away on DL?

by Anonymousreply 6506/17/2013

Keep thinking only republicans are racist R65. When the current President leaves office, it will be harder for the democratic party to motivate black voters to get out and vote.

Don't underestimate the influence black republicans will have in the future.

Make sure to read the comments section in the link provided.

by Anonymousreply 6606/17/2013

R66, Many minority successful small business owners identify with the Repub, as well as those from fundie churches. Is it enough to sway the election? Dems shouldn't take minority voters for granted.

by Anonymousreply 6706/17/2013

Nobody identifies as repub anymore, except freaks and bullies.

by Anonymousreply 6806/17/2013

How about that racist thread about rupert murdock's divorce, calling that lady the most horrible names and wondering why he married her? I don't think only repubs were posting.

by Anonymousreply 6906/17/2013

Never. No More Bushes.

by Anonymousreply 7006/18/2013

r69

Wendi Deng is a greedy whore. That is a fact. There is nothing racist about discussing that fact. And there is nothing wrong with laughing at Rupert Murdoch for marrying a greedy whore.

by Anonymousreply 7106/18/2013

Go ahead and defend Rupert and Wendi, you slave

by Anonymousreply 7206/18/2013

[quote]Nobody identifies as repub anymore, except freaks and bullies.

That's right. They won't bother to vote so we don't even have to campaign against them and we don't have to bother to vote either.

by Anonymousreply 7306/18/2013

[quote]Don't underestimate the influence black republicans will have in the future.

Of course the percentage of the black vote will go down a few points after Obama leaves. Instead of it being 95% for Obama it will go back down to the 90% it was for the previous Democratic Presidents.

by Anonymousreply 7406/18/2013

Diebold Voting Machines will be programmed to give a victory to Jeb Bush. You can bet on it. He won't get the most votes from the people, Diebold will give him the votes needed to win.

by Anonymousreply 7506/18/2013

Actually it's ES&S he has close ties to, rather than Diebold.

by Anonymousreply 7606/19/2013

The CIA owns the presidency and the Bush family are the royal family of the CIA.

by Anonymousreply 7706/19/2013

If that's the case, R77, then why did they let Clinton beat Bush I in 1992?

by Anonymousreply 7806/19/2013

They figured they had Clinton covered through the Stephens family, Stansfield Turner, et al., so they weren't too worried. But they were surprised when he won, so fixing the vote became a much higher priority for them.

by Anonymousreply 7906/19/2013

Another Bush in the White House. We know how that works out.

Maybe, if we're lucky, we can get an untreatable mutation of the Spanish flu first.

by Anonymousreply 8006/26/2013

I'm not sure Jeb can ignite even the excitement of Mitt Romney! He will be stymied by the next bumper crop of clowns and misfit toys who will also be vying for the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 8106/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.