Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joe Paterno's widow to appear on Katie Couric's talk show

February 5, 2013

Joe Paterno's widow is to give her first interview since the Jerry Sandusky scandal and her husband's subsequent death, appearing on Katie Couric's daytime talk show in an episode scheduled to air Monday.

Sue Paterno, who was married to the legendary Penn State football coach for 50 years, is scheduled to talk with Couric in studio for the nationally syndicated show "Katie." The two have already gotten together at Paterno's home in State College, Pa.

Joe Paterno was head coach of the Nittany Lions for almost as long as he was married, from 1966 into 2011. He led the team to two national titles and 409 victories, which was a major-college record until 111 of those wins were voided by the NCAA as part of the fallout from the Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal.

Paterno was fired by the school in the days after the scandal broke in late 2011. He died from lung cancer in January 2012. His on-campus statue was removed last July, days after he and three other former school officials were accused by former FBI director Louis Freeh, who headed the school's investigation into the scandal, of covering up allegations against Sandusky.

Many Penn State faithful, including members of Paterno's family, feel that the former coach's role in the scandal has been overblown.

Sue Paterno's chat will be Couric's second big sports-related interview in recent weeks. Late last month, she talked with former Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o in his first comments since revealing that his supposed late girlfriend actually never existed.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013

She must be republican. They didn't learn anything from recent events either.

by Anonymousreply 102/06/2013

I want to hear from Sandusky's wife - specifically who did the sound proofing on their basement

by Anonymousreply 202/06/2013

Franco Harris, ex-Steeler and ex-Penn state player, is the latest clown trying to make this whole thing go away so the tailgating alumni can continue on with the partying without any undue interference in their festivites.

I wonder if Harris and his allies would be so willing to forgive and forget if Sandusky's dick was going up his kid's ass.

by Anonymousreply 302/06/2013

R1, I think Sandusky was a Republican according to previous articles I have read, so Paterno may be too.

by Anonymousreply 402/06/2013

Who cares what she says. Want to hear Sandusky's wife.

by Anonymousreply 502/06/2013

[quote]I want to hear from Sandusky's wife - specifically who did the sound proofing on their basement

What's to hear? She'll deny everything, never saw, heard anything. She'll know he was railroaded and completely innocent. He would never hurt a child and on and on and Katie will sit their with a big smile on her face smiling.

by Anonymousreply 602/06/2013

R5, I don't think Sandusky's wife has any intention of changing her position

by Anonymousreply 702/06/2013

LOL at r2, yes that must have been some great soundproofing.

by Anonymousreply 802/06/2013

what r1 said

by Anonymousreply 902/06/2013

Why does R1 assume she is a Republican? I'm not saying she isn't, but what does it have to do with the main story?

by Anonymousreply 1002/06/2013

If you were Sarah Palin, what advice would you give Mrs. Paterno before her appearance on Couric's show?

by Anonymousreply 1102/06/2013

Joe Paterno was a Republican. Not sure if his wife is.

Jerry Sandusky is also a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1202/06/2013

R12. What does that have to do with the price of tea in china

by Anonymousreply 1302/06/2013

I'm PSU alum and my time there was the greatest in my life, but that school should burn to the ground and the earth salted.

by Anonymousreply 1402/06/2013

R13 In case you have not noticed, Republicans have a habit of never owning their mistakes or misdeeds. In their minds, their problems are usually caused by the liberal press or some other entity who is only motivated by hatred. That so many of the people who were involved in trying to cover up these crimes, or make it out to be some evil witch hunt is typical of their mindset.

by Anonymousreply 1502/06/2013

R15. The democrats are responsible and genuine?

by Anonymousreply 1602/06/2013

I think this is a really, really bad idea. She should just be quiet.

by Anonymousreply 1702/06/2013

R16 I never said they were. All I did was point out a pattern. Ask any conservative if Bush was wrong to go to war with Iraq, not only will they say absolutely not, but some will insist WMD were indeed found in Iraq, but the liberal press buried the story. Do you think you would get the same response if you asked any liberal if LBJ was wrong for escalating the war in Vietnam?

by Anonymousreply 1802/06/2013

R19 Again, I never said otherwise. To be honest, it is getting a little boring to have to keep pointing out the words you are reading actually mean something different than what you think they mean.

by Anonymousreply 2002/06/2013

R19. Pot meet kettle. You are both black

by Anonymousreply 2102/06/2013

R19 Thats the best you can do? Really? It is pointed out that you completely misunderstood what you read and that is what you come back with? You're not even trying.

by Anonymousreply 2202/06/2013

Why are we not surprised that the troll here is also on another thread defending the Oregon Bakery Owner, calling people names, displaying ignorance about the law and of course, completely misunderstanding what others have written so to fuel her drama queen meltdown?

by Anonymousreply 2302/06/2013

What does the widow get out of this? All the problems will be brought up before a national audience. She can't be very bright if she's going to subject herself to this.

by Anonymousreply 2402/06/2013

R24 I have often wondered the same thing. I think what we are dealing with here are people who are in such deep denial, who are so completely blind to the facts because acknowledging the truth is too painful for them. They are not trying to convince others so much as they are trying to convince themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2502/06/2013

[quote]Katie will sit their

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2602/06/2013

r19 sounds hot. Please post pics of you fucking your BF.

by Anonymousreply 2702/06/2013

This interview is being timed to coincide with the Paterno family's "Joe Was a Saint!" report that they commissioned to contradict the Freeh report

by Anonymousreply 2802/08/2013

Anything of note emerge in their hagiographic attempt?

by Anonymousreply 2902/10/2013

Looks like this interview may work out well for her, then.

by Anonymousreply 3002/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!