Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can someone help me? WARNING:(Underground information)

Does anyone know if one can major in veterinary science and medicine (for human beings)?

A poster on the "Is veterinary science really harder than m.d. program" said that being doctor for animals makes more money than being a doctor for human beings, so I'd like to do both if possible.

I find this fact astounding. Can anyone provide more details.

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2013

This is from R2 from the other thread:

[quote]Yes, a well run practice for baby lions (aka kitties) and dogs and misc other critters is more profitable than being an MD. There is little in the way of insurance for pets, so it's a cash gold mine. It's a bit harder to establish a veterinary practice in the metro areas, but once you do, it become profitable much more quickly than a human practice. If you have a specialty for one or more of the four legged critters, you will think you've purchased a printing press for money. All of this should be denied if asked in public, but here on DL, the truth is often OK since no matter what one prints, most of us will refuse to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2013

[quote] Does anyone know if one can major in veterinary science and medicine

Are you 10 years old? You can major in anything you want. You can go to college for the rest of your life. You obviously can't go to Veterinary School at the same time you are going to Medical School

by Anonymousreply 202/05/2013

[quote] A poster on the "Is veterinary science really harder than m.d. program" said that being doctor for animals makes more money than being a doctor for human beings

That isn't true. Drs make more than vets. It is HARDER to get into Veterinary School because there aren't that many Veterinary Schools. There are only 28 Veterinary Schools as opposed to 141 Medical Schools and 29 Osteopathy Schools in the U.S

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2013

MDs make more than vets, generally. I suppose there are vets out there with hugely successful practices, but if you can turn a small business into a moneyspinner, you actually belong in business school. No, most vets make an average middle-class income, if that.

The advantage of vet practice over medical is that malpractice suits aren't common, and you don't have to deal with medical insurance companies controlling and cutting reimbursement. You bill the customers directly, and hope they pay.

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.