Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is veterinary science really harder the m.d. program?

I read this on the Dl, I'm shocked that veterinary science is that much harder. Do you make better money, is that why?

by Anonymousreply 1602/05/2013

No.

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2013

^R2, that's incredible do you think it's possible for one to major in veterinary science and the md program. Is there a combined program out there like that? I really appreciate you telling me that. Thanks :)

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2013

One of my roommates couldn't get into vet school so he ended up going to med school instead.

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2013

{quote] They have no clue how competitive vet school admissions are.

The reason Vet schools are so competitive compared to Medical schools (which are also super competitive, but not as much as vet schools) is because there are only 28 Veterinary schools in the U.S. There are 141 Medical Schools and 28 Osteopathy Schools in the U.S

And Veterinarians do not make more than Medical Doctors.

by Anonymousreply 602/05/2013

r3, it might be possible to be both a vet and an md, doing it at the same time would be very difficult. The courses and schools would be impossible to combine at this time.

There is no reason I can think of for one to be both an MD and DVM, but that does not make it an impossibility. The payback would after graduation would be a matter of one degree blocking or limiting the use of your other degree. I can't imagine why one would like to be both an MD and DVM. I don't think there has ever been one to date, but I haven't googled the premise.

Just remember, it is going to be more and more difficult for medical doctors to make big money as medicine becomes nationalized. It will be a long time, as in never, for veterinary medicine to become nationalized.

by Anonymousreply 702/05/2013

R7, I just found a guy with a md and a dvm:

by Anonymousreply 802/05/2013

R7, I just found another. I wonder how they did it. Did they take 2 master's?

by Anonymousreply 902/05/2013

Interesting that both of r8/9's links were to doctors involved with brain tumors.

Perhaps a company like Pfizer involved in drug trials for both human and animal drugs would pay huge money to someone qualified to oversee both trials?

by Anonymousreply 1002/05/2013

I guess if you lived in a REALLY small, remote town (with a one-room schoolhouse), you could be both the people doctor and the animal doctor.

by Anonymousreply 1102/05/2013

r7, here's another one. And like r10 said, for some reason they are all brain tumour docs.

by Anonymousreply 1202/05/2013

The insight one medical realm brings to other might be intensely informative, I honestly, just don't know anyone who has taken this route. I'm not surprised it's been done already, but...

by Anonymousreply 1302/05/2013

Veterinarian : Fireman

MD : Cop

by Anonymousreply 1402/05/2013

The reason Veterinary medicine is more difficult is because it crosses many species. However I will say this, a Veterinarian probably wouldn't have many problems also obtaining and M.D. The systems are pretty much all the same across the Mammalian species which includes monkeys, chimps, humans, dogs, cats, gerbils, mice, hamsters and the whole gamut.

by Anonymousreply 1502/05/2013

I don't know if the curriculum itself is harder or more extensive, but vet schools are much, much harder to get into than med schools.

by Anonymousreply 1602/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.