Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

New Star Wars news - six films, three of which set during original triology with "spin-off" characters.

The spin-off films sound intriguing, I wonder which characters they will use? I think Darth Vader will definitely be in them.

Walt Disney CEO and owner-of-your-childhood Bob Iger talked to CNBC today and revealed some intriguing, albeit semi-abstract, news about the company’s plans for the Star Wars franchise. “We are working on a few standalone films,” Iger said, explaining that the company is planning to produce an indeterminate number of spin-off films to run alongside Episodes VII, VIII, and IX.

According to Iger’s roadmap for the franchise, the sequel trilogy will run for six years starting in 2015, with a new movie hitting theaters every three years. The spin-offs would be released in between.

by Anonymousreply 2302/28/2013

I find the lack of faith in this thread disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 102/26/2013

They should do a "Young Han Solo" movie or TV show, like they did with Indiana Jones.

by Anonymousreply 202/26/2013

Amazing that there is still blood to squeeze out.

by Anonymousreply 302/26/2013

The spin-offs could give directors with strong signature styles the chance to do something different with the series - I expect that the main new trilogy will follow the basic look of the other six films. I really doubt the spin-offs will happen though unless they put even more thought into casting and scripting than Marvel did for The Avengers.

Yoda would be most interesting for a spin-off - we know next to nothing about his planet, what species he is or anything.

by Anonymousreply 402/26/2013

I hope one of these days they decide to completdly reboot the prequel and give us a decent set of movies.

by Anonymousreply 602/26/2013

Ugh. Just what the world needs. More Star Wars.

Doesn't your generation ever get laid? If so, how?

by Anonymousreply 702/26/2013

I think they should do they should try a "spin off" or two before they do the trilogy. A new Star Wars movie every other year is just too much. Unless they are really good, which I doubt they will be. And we also need really hot and talented guys in these movies, preferably unknowns. I would like to see better acting and dialogue in these movies.

by Anonymousreply 802/26/2013

"I would like to see better acting and dialogue in these movies."

I agree.

R6, while I wish the same, it's too late now to preserve any continuity with the original trilogy. Of course, Lucas did his best to ruin that on his own as well.

by Anonymousreply 902/26/2013

Well, they certainly couldn't be any worse than the last three shitty films.

by Anonymousreply 1002/26/2013

There is no need for any more Star Wars films!

by Anonymousreply 1102/27/2013

A "young Han Solo" TV series could be interesting. Babes, adventures, smuggling, wookies!

by Anonymousreply 1202/27/2013

I think they're really damaging this brand by continuing to make movies.

by Anonymousreply 1302/27/2013

Boring water-cooler fodder.

by Anonymousreply 1402/27/2013

R13, Lukas already destroyed the brand with his last three movies.

If anything, this has the potential to salvage the brand, if done well.

Of course, there's no guarantee it'll be done well.

Still, I'd love to see what someone like Alfonso Cuarón could do with a spin-off movie.

by Anonymousreply 1502/27/2013

Mee so think this end in tears, a ha!

by Anonymousreply 1602/27/2013

With JJ Abrams instead of Lucas at the helm, it could turn out to be a good thing. Ep. 7 is set sometime after Return of the Jedi, but it's not yet known how long after.

by Anonymousreply 1702/27/2013

R14, it's also bantha fodder.

by Anonymousreply 1802/27/2013

[quote]Ugh. Just what the world needs. More Star Wars. Doesn't your generation ever get laid? If so, how?

"Your generation"?

Star Wars came out 36 years ago. So "your generation" would be at least everyone 50 years or younger.

by Anonymousreply 1902/27/2013

I'd say a Boba Fett movie is a sure thing. With the helmet anyone can play him. Not sure what else they can do to make things coincide with the original 3 films (what with the aged cast now). Maybe Yoda? A new Jedi?

by Anonymousreply 2002/27/2013

Darth Vader will definitely be in the films set during the original trilogy. They couldn't exclude him from those. I hope James Earl Jones lives long enough, he's really getting up there.

by Anonymousreply 2102/27/2013

The story is OVER after Return of the Jedi. Darth Vader and The Emperor are dead. Luke & Leia's brother & sister relationship is revealed. No need for any more films.

by Anonymousreply 2202/27/2013

Lando!

by Anonymousreply 2302/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.