Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tim McGraw goes commando on 'Ellen,' talks sobriety

Tim McGraw goes commando on 'Ellen,' talks sobriety

By Andrea Reiher | February 5, 2013 10:44 AM ET

Country superstar Tim McGraw stops by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" Tuesday (Feb. 5), where he talks about sobriety -- and how he's not wearing any underwear, which really seems like more of a problem when you're not sober.

It comes up because Ellen gave him some Ellen underwear the last time he was there. She gives him a new basket of Ellen underwear, then asks:

Ellen: Are you wearing them right now?

Tim: No.

Ellen: Why not?

Tim: These pants were too tight to put underwear on. [laughs] Now I've really embarrassed my daughters. You caught me off guard. What was I supposed to say?

Ellen: It's always good to be honest around here...

Then later, McGraw talks about being sober.

Ellen: Did some one event happen and you go, I can't drink anymore or it kind of escalated?

Tim: Well, my life has been a series of events that told me I shouldn't drink anymore probably. But I felt like it was time to grow up a little bit for me. I'm not a middle of the road kind of guy. I'm usually the entire one way or all the way the other way. When I decided I was drinking I usually drank so I just thought that it was time. Things weren't going the way I wanted them to. People would probably say, you know what, I drink more than that or I didn't drink that much. I think it's a personal choice. When it gets to the point where you think it's affecting you adversely and it's affecting your relationships adversely, it's time to make a change and I thought it was. I also thought my girls are getting older and I certainly wanted to have some good solid ground to stand on when I started talking to them about their situations.

by Anonymousreply 1102/05/2013

The man has always been hot, even with a hairpiece....

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2013

Really really like what he has to say! Looks great.

by Anonymousreply 202/05/2013

There's a hot shirtless picture of Tim inside the current issue of People magazine. Hot!!!!

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2013

he seems like a lovely guy.

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2013

The coolest of the country stars by a long, long way.

by Anonymousreply 502/05/2013

Am I the only one who can't stand the site of that guy and his infamously bitchy, nasty wife?

by Anonymousreply 602/05/2013

Then don't go to their site.

by Anonymousreply 702/05/2013

Then don't type the URL, R6!

by Anonymousreply 802/05/2013

I love this guy, all he stands for and he looks HOT.

by Anonymousreply 902/05/2013

McGraw could have just said, "Yes, I'm wearing underwear."

by Anonymousreply 1002/05/2013

He looks weird (great abs and he's cut to hell) but weird...what's with the orange color and he looked a lot better and healthier with some weight on him. He's over 40 and that is the time that you gotta keep some weight on your face.

And yea, what is with the, "Oh, I am not wearing any underwear, snicker, snicker," (cue Ellen's hausfraus to go crazy clapping...I always thought it would be hell to be stuck in a studio audience for Elle, or Oprah, or the View...)

by Anonymousreply 1102/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!