Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

GOP Mass. state rep. to make Senate announcement

AP / February 5, 2013

BOSTON (AP) — Republican state Rep. Daniel Winslow is planning a major announcement as his party searches for a candidate for the upcoming special U.S. Senate election.

The Norfolk Republican had previously said he was considering a run. He said he'll make an announcement Tuesday morning, followed by interviews with media outlets.

Republicans have been scrambling to find a Senate candidate for the seat vacated by John Kerry after former GOP Sen. Scott Brown announced Friday that he would not be a candidate in the special election.

Other Republicans who have decided not to run include former Gov. William Weld, former state Sen. Richard Tisei, Mitt Romney’s son Tagg Romney and former Republican Lt. Gov. Kerry Healey.

Two Democrats — Congressmen Stephen Lynch and Edward Markey — have announced they’re running.

The election is June 25.

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2013

[quote]Republican state Rep. Daniel Winslow

A schoolmate of Brown.

[quote]Winslow's campaign for State Representative focused on cutting taxes by cutting state spending, enhancing local core services, such as education, police, fire, public safety, and infrastructure, and using the Internet to improve government accountability and transparency. This seat was vacated by Representative Richard Ross, who won the seat in the Massachusetts Senate that was vacated by Scott Brown upon his election to the United States Senate in January 2010

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2013

I hear you calling me, but my time is not yet come.

by Anonymousreply 202/05/2013

No load link, r2

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2013

Press the url link when the page loads, R3.

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!