Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Deborah Van Valkenburgh!!!

The Warriors! Streets of Fire!! Too Close for Comfort!

by Anonymousreply 2502/08/2013

Valérie Quennessen!!

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2013

[quote]Valérie Quennessen!!

I love Valerie in "French Postcards"

"cow-ARD! cow-ARD!"

by Anonymousreply 202/05/2013

I've worked with Deborah Van Valkenburgh in the theatre. She's lovely, gracious and utterly professional. And of course, enormously talented.

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2013

Just caught her on a rerun of Cold Case. She was great.

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2013

in what show r3?

by Anonymousreply 502/05/2013

R5. "Picasso at the Lapin Agile," "I Love You You're Perfect, Now Change" and "The Beauty Queen of Leenane."

by Anonymousreply 602/05/2013

I heard she is spending more time on paintings. I've always loved her. I saw her on Cold Case and would love to see her more on tv. Has anyone met her? I think she would be great to hang out with.

by Anonymousreply 702/05/2013

Where's my thread?

by Anonymousreply 802/05/2013

"You make me come...COME ALIVE!"

by Anonymousreply 902/05/2013

"Too Close for Comfort" was the funniest and best written sitcom of all-time. Much more intelligent and witty than any of its contemporaries. It's nearly forgotten now, but it was better than anything on TV before or since.

by Anonymousreply 1002/05/2013

R10, Dearheart, you're off your meds. Too Close for Comfort was anything but witty and intelligent. It was mediocre at best. The '80s were the worst decade for sitcoms. The best were Cheers and Newhart (other than the '70s carryovers that ran into the early '80s - M*A*S*H, WKRP in Cincinnati, Taxi, Barney Miller). Too Close for Comfort was actually not all that funny and not particularly well written. The cast members were quite good though(except for Jim J. Bullock, who was irritating).

by Anonymousreply 1102/05/2013

Deborah and Lydia are close friends. They were together at a reunion. Both look good.

by Anonymousreply 1202/05/2013

Didn't Lydia Cornell marry a guy with big money and never had to work another day? I think a few other 80s actresses did the same thing. There was one whose name escapes me, but she was on a sci-fi show and shortly after it ended she married into a very wealthy family overseas and left Hollywood for good.

by Anonymousreply 1302/05/2013

"I ain't no WHORE."

I love the final subway scene in The Warriors. The gang kids were so much hotter than the prom kids.

by Anonymousreply 1402/05/2013

R11 you forgot other 70s carry over sitcoms like Three's Company, Diff'rent Strokes and The Facts of Life.

by Anonymousreply 1502/05/2013

R10 You are pulling our leg, right? TCFC was plain dumb. Those predictable, juvenile "sitcom" jokes.

by Anonymousreply 1602/05/2013

Deb's pussy gets soooooo wet.

by Anonymousreply 1702/05/2013

Deborah and Lydia Cornell are both around 60 years old now. Does that make you feel old?

by Anonymousreply 1802/05/2013

R18. Yes, Deborah and Lydia are 60--but 30 years ago, they were 30, when "Too Close For Comfort" was on the air. They were rather old to still be living at home with mom and dad even then.

Deborah (Jackie Rush) worked at a bank and later as a fashion designer. And Lydia (Sara) was a college student--a rather old college student apparently. I suppose the show made more sense when the girls moved downstairs to their own apartment. I guess, thus the name, "Too Close For Comfort."

by Anonymousreply 1902/05/2013

Lydia wrote, directed, and starred in a film called Venus Conspiracy. Deb was a co-star.

The candy scene at the link.

by Anonymousreply 2002/06/2013

What happened to the "DVV has committed suicide" mash-up thread? I was enjoying it...I was ready to post "I accidentally killed my neighbor's gargoyle, I think, and Gale Harold is sick about it!"

by Anonymousreply 2102/07/2013

Ugly ass bitch

by Anonymousreply 2202/07/2013

Why was TCfC such a cheap-looking show, even for its time? Was it due to videotape?

by Anonymousreply 2302/07/2013

It was a cheap show because it wasn't supposed to be a hit. It was one of those "throw-a-ways" but it was on behind, "The Suzanne Somers" Show and that made it a hit.

Then JM J Bullock became a breakout fag...ah star...and the show quickly moved from Ted Night's "girls" to his main girl Munroe.

by Anonymousreply 2402/08/2013

It's great that she and Lydia remained friends.

by Anonymousreply 2502/08/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!