Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Quality of food have decreased over the years

Let's face it, food isn't what it used to be. Back in the day, when chicken was cooked, you can smell it from down the block. Nowadays not so much. Why have food gotten so crappy? I think it has alot to do with trying to make mutant animals so that they can produce more. Blech.

by Anonymousreply 702/05/2013

So have quality of grammar.

by Anonymousreply 102/05/2013

It sure have!

by Anonymousreply 202/05/2013

yes, and no. the locavore movement bats for having chickens at a MUCH higher quality level. Tyson bats against that motion.

by Anonymousreply 302/05/2013

Vietnamese food will always be better though

by Anonymousreply 402/05/2013

I read an interesting comment in the food section of our local paper. The guy said that no matter where he eats -- expensive restaurant, local diner, fast food joint -- all the food tastes like garbage now.

My foodie sister complained recently that she has to be careful where she eats because she's always getting sick now if she chooses her restaurant wrong.

I think it was someone in here that noted, since many can no longer afford to eat out anymore, restaurant food is not moving as fast as before and spoilage might be a problem.

As for smell and taste, agribusiness seems to have put a stop to that...

by Anonymousreply 502/05/2013

DL would laugh at me for spending so much at Whole Foods but goddamn it - they produce and meats taste like they're supposed to.

YES Organic makes a fucking difference.

And Keep an eye on the standards that define organic. Companies are looking for ways to redefine this word to get around it.

Our bodies are made to react positively to good stuff that fuels us.

by Anonymousreply 602/05/2013

[quote]The guy said that no matter where he eats -- expensive restaurant, local diner, fast food joint -- all the food tastes like garbage now.

That just means the poster was an oldster. They always talk like that. My 70-something grandfather will tell you "You can't GET good (insert tomatoes, coffee, bread, etc. here) anymore!"

If you stand close enough, you might even get a little spittle on you as he works himself into near apoplexy over not being able to GET good this or that.

by Anonymousreply 702/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.