Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What would the world be like, if he didn't die?

If Heath Ledger didn't die, would the Joker have his own movies starring the Joker? I mean it is one of the most successful films in the history of Hollywood. I wish Ledger wasn't dead. I heart him.

by Anonymousreply 3402/04/2013

The film ends inconclusively for the joker...I think they left open the possibility of the character returning.

by Anonymousreply 102/04/2013

Don't you have anything better to do that start another one of your inane posts, DH?

by Anonymousreply 202/04/2013

I hope he does R1, but whoever's going to play the Joker has a lot to live up to.

by Anonymousreply 302/04/2013

I didn't like Heath Ledger in his role as "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 402/04/2013

What is DH, R2?

by Anonymousreply 502/04/2013

R4 not everyone will like everything. It's just important that most people like it and he's accomplished that.

by Anonymousreply 602/04/2013

I hate comic book movies, so I only saw part of that one. I thought Heath was a good actor, but life goes on. I've mostly forgotten about him.

by Anonymousreply 702/04/2013

Heath wouldn't have won the Oscar and probably wouldn't have been nominated. No actor in any Batman franchise had ever been nominated before (and since).

by Anonymousreply 802/04/2013

Your post makes me sad R7, but I understand people do move on. I don't think I could forget about him. He is legendary.

by Anonymousreply 902/04/2013

His death is largely the reason why everyone raves about the performance. It was good but not as good as is usually stated.

If he had lived, he would have moved on to other things.

by Anonymousreply 1002/04/2013

The Heath Ledger TROLL is back.

by Anonymousreply 1102/04/2013

DH = DL with chubby typing finger syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 1202/04/2013

R10 if he had lived, then Bane wouldn't be the villain in Batman rises. I thought Bane was horrible. He didn't need to act at all. You couldn't even see his face.

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2013

DH = dumb hass

by Anonymousreply 1402/04/2013

Jack Nicholson was a better joker.

by Anonymousreply 1502/04/2013

I actually think the original, Cesar Romero, made a great Joker. With those high arching eyebrows and bug eyes, he was really scary looking in clown makeup. Must've been the ultimate nightmare for those people who are phobic about clowns.

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2013

Please stop with these inane threads. This guy is already a footnote in film history no matter how much you might want to reanimate his dead ass.

by Anonymousreply 1702/04/2013

Well, OP, your world would be the same if HL were alive today. He wouldn't know who you are, you would have never met him and you would never, ever, ever have been in his thoughts. At all. For any reason. Your own obsession defines your pointless existance.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2013

We should ask Ashley Olson. She'd know!

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2013

Do you think he and Michelle Williams would've eventually reconciled?

by Anonymousreply 2002/04/2013

When he played "Joker" he seemed to be playing himself: a troubled person who wished he'd never been born. That's why I don't like his portrayal of "Joker".

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2013

No, r20. Wasn't Matilda conceived during the filming of Brokeback? That's probably the only reason they got married, same old story.

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2013

I think the world would be magical if Heath hadn't died. Full of rainbows, and unicorns and farts that don't stink.

by Anonymousreply 2302/04/2013

OP, if you "heart" Heath Ledger then please let him and the fucking Heath Ledger threads R.I.P.

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2013

For some reason, he was the only celebrity I cared about

by Anonymousreply 2502/04/2013

Yes, OP, let it go. The better man is with Michelle now.

by Anonymousreply 2602/04/2013

Who gives a shit, OP? For crying out loud, he was just an actor. He only had an effect - and a very brief one - in the world of entertainment.

This wasn't a legend who was lost - and in fact, he's still not a legend ever after being dead several years.

by Anonymousreply 2702/04/2013

Why r25? He was a good actor, but had made lots of bad movies before Brokeback. So his body of work doesn't amount to much. So what other reason is there to still be obsessed him? If he was a great humanitarian, giving most of his money to the poor and needy, I could see it. But he was just a typical actor. Nice enough, a liberal, but nothing particularly special on a personal level.

I suppose most of us have a favorite celeb, mine was one who died last year. But I had mixed feelings about her, I didn't worship her. So I can't relate to being so attach to someone who is just an entertainer, it does seem odd.

by Anonymousreply 2802/04/2013

I'm still grieving for James Dean.

by Anonymousreply 2902/04/2013

R28, I don´t know why I liked him so much. I remember being very upset when he died until I had this dream: Heath and I were sitting on a bench on top a a beautiful green hill, there was a little girl in a red dress flying a kite and he was very, very happy. I woke up the next morning to learn that he had just been nominated for Brokeback Mountain.

by Anonymousreply 3002/04/2013

R30 that was a nice dream. I'm glad he's happy.

by Anonymousreply 3102/04/2013

Did he ever address how "Joker" affected him personally?

by Anonymousreply 3202/04/2013

R32 Yes, he did. He said he constantly had dreams about him and that he wasn't able to sleep because of those dreams.

by Anonymousreply 3302/04/2013

[quote]I woke up the next morning to learn that he had just been nominated for Brokeback Mountain.

I ment Batman

by Anonymousreply 3402/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!