Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ricki Lake Show Cancelled

Told ya. She tried to be all-clean. Big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2013

I think we all new this would flop. She's so 90's.

Now if they would just cancel those cryptkeepers Springer and Povich.

by Anonymousreply 102/04/2013

I'm glad she didn't revive her old show though, it was barely a notch about Springer. The only thing I liked about her old show is she'd have cool musical guests, like dance music artists who weren't considered mainstream enough to get on other shows.

Her new show went too far the opposite direction. You'd think they would've known it was going to be too bland and be a flop.

by Anonymousreply 202/04/2013

She should have showed her snatch. That's what get's the ratings, kiddies.

by Anonymousreply 302/04/2013

CelebNetWorth says she has 15 million, so she'll be ok. I can't imagine they'll give her another shot at a talk-show, she'll have to continue her career as a actress, or just retire.

by Anonymousreply 402/04/2013

Jeff Probst's show is about to be canceled too.

Steve Harvey and Katie Couric seem to be the only ones successful.

by Anonymousreply 502/04/2013

Steve Harvey has a snatch??

by Anonymousreply 602/04/2013

She walked away from her original show. People rarely let celebrities pick up where they left off when they leave the job. On her old show, I loved the hunk and I used to be bullied but now I'm a stud shows. She didn't have that many of the later. Jenny Jones had quite a few of those geeks to muscle freaks shows. I got so many boners from those shows. Troy Alves, a future pro bodybuilder, was on an episode. The video was online a few years ago and now I can't find it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 702/04/2013

[quote]I think we all new this would flop.

I meant "KNEW", before the DL spelling queens come after me.

by Anonymousreply 802/04/2013

She would have had better chances with a reality show about her being a midwife or something.

by Anonymousreply 902/04/2013

In all seriousness, they should have her take over Who Wants To Be A Millionaire when Meredith Vieira leaves. CBS did a celebrity gameshow thing five or six years ago that she hosted, and she was great. The first night, they did "The Price Is Right" and I've always thought she should have been the one to replace Bob Barker.

by Anonymousreply 1002/04/2013

Katie didn't really get "renewed," as ABC is claiming. She had an iron-clad two-year commitment. The truth is, while she's performing better than most, she's losing audience from her lead-in.

by Anonymousreply 1102/04/2013

It's time for the percolator!

Gotta make room on the schedule for us.

by Anonymousreply 1202/04/2013

She needed to display a real cutting edge like Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2013

Ah, that's interesting R11 - I've been reading articles about how incredibly successful her first season has been.

by Anonymousreply 1402/04/2013

She should have tried a British accent. Everyone loves trash when it's dressed up in an accent.

by Anonymousreply 1502/04/2013

You can't go home again.

by Anonymousreply 1702/04/2013

R15 You got that right, luv.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.