Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

THE FIRST LADY loved Beyonce's Superbowl show.

Watching the #SuperBowl with family & friends. @Beyonce was phenomenal! I am so proud of her!"

Nothing else needs to be said.

Is Michelle Obama wrong?

I didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 1002/04/2013

She's NEVER WRONG!!!! EVER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 102/04/2013

OP, this thread is like crack for our racist eldergays. Beyonce and Michelle in the same thread!

by Anonymousreply 202/04/2013

The racists on DL are mostly freeper trolls trying to impersonate (and infuriate) us.

You know, asswipes.

by Anonymousreply 302/04/2013

Michelle Obama is too clean cut and butter wouldn't melt to not be biased. She wants to mould Beyonce as some kind of pristine role model. How can anybody who calls themselves an artist DARE cultivate an illusory image of perfection. If you are a true performer, you will showcase the light and the dark which is why Beyonce had to invent an alter ego so should could blame her less than pure instincts on somebody else. The reason Madonna is better than all of these however technically more proficient singers is that Madonna OWNED both her perversity and her tastefulness. Michelle Obama will never present more than 1 face to the world - the face of somebody who would censor the truth of what we are, that which only artists and certainly not politicians can tell us. Michelle Obama therefore is not to be trusted when judging matters of performance, not that Beyonce is expressing anything particularly subversive anyway. But do you think Michelle Obama would tweet that message had it been Madonna or Britney, the more provocative entertainers of our time? Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 402/04/2013

And I thought she had better taste than that.

by Anonymousreply 502/04/2013

[quote] the face of somebody who would censor the truth of what we are

And then you namecheck Madonna and Britney??!! Oh yes, they are unflinching in their pursuit of truth and their desire to explore what "we" are.

For MARY-ing out loud!

by Anonymousreply 602/04/2013

Just curious--did she send out a similar tweet last year that commented on Madonna's SB performance?

by Anonymousreply 702/04/2013

r6 - sometimes you don't have to be conscious of something to express the truth. Britney 2001 VMA - Eve in the garden with the snake. 2 days later 9/11 happened - paradise lost, the fall of man -- catch my drift? During the height of the war and the terrible Bush years, Britney shaved her head as if to purge us of our fallen state. I hope you are beginning to understand. Michelle Obama is not to be trusted. Those who don't seem to be wholly articulate or trustworthy - like Britney and Madonna - are the ones we should trust, for they tell us who we are.

by Anonymousreply 802/04/2013

Who gives a rat's ass what Michelle Obama thinks about anything

by Anonymousreply 902/04/2013

r8, I think you need some sleep.

by Anonymousreply 1002/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!