Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

2013 Super Bowl MOST WATCHED EVER!

The 2013 Super Bowl has set a ratings record, CBS announced Monday morning.

Though the final numbers have not been tallied, the network issued a press release touting the milestones its broadcast had reached.

The game, which saw the Baltimore Ravens eke out a win over the San Francisco 49ers, drew an overnight household rating of 48.1/71 in metered markets -- the highest ever. That means that one out of every two televisions in the country was watching the game. The blackout that struck in the third quarter was not included.

Not surprisingly, Baltimore had the highest ratings of any of the markets Nielsen looked at.

by Beyoncereply 902/04/2013

This pisses me off!

by Beyoncereply 102/04/2013

I watched it (in a bar) and it was my first ever

by Beyoncereply 202/04/2013

Why is the Super Bowl on at night? Why can't it be at 2 o'clock in the afternoon? Kids have school the next day and they're all pooped out after imitating their fathers all day and night.

by Beyoncereply 302/04/2013

R3 Move to the Pacific Time Zone.

by Beyoncereply 402/04/2013

Correction to the stupid HuffPo

This one goes down as the 3rd most watched ever. Less viewers than last year and the year previous to that.

And it was a stead decline in viewership thoughout the night, probably because of what appeared to be a blowout Ravens victory.

I haven't seen if there was a significant (or any at all) bump for the halftime show.

by Beyoncereply 502/04/2013

The "stupid HuffPo" probably knows the difference between "less" and "fewer."

by Beyoncereply 602/04/2013

The LA Times also reported it was "most watched" first thing this morning.

by Beyoncereply 702/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.