Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why does James Roday look so fat on "Psych"?

In the previews for the new season starting this month, he looks even heavier than last season!

Maybe they need to hire a new wardrobe person.

Or a personal trainer.

Damn, he used to be so hot!

by Anonymousreply 3312/27/2013

It's age. Do you know how many seasons this has been on? Dule Hill has gotten heavier, too, from his West Wing days.

by Anonymousreply 102/04/2013

He looks better with a little chunk.

by Anonymousreply 202/04/2013

I haven't seen him lately. Has he entered Chris Christie/Freddie Smith territory?

by Anonymousreply 502/04/2013

The first thing Google suggests when you type in "James Roday" is "James Roday weight".

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 602/04/2013

Too much pie! That's his problem.

by Anonymousreply 702/04/2013

He slimmed down a bit during the middle (?) of the last season. I don't watch much cable tv, is it normal to have 1 year hiatuses in between seasons?

I hope they feature Dule Hill more this season. He was criminally marginalized in favor of the boring Shawn-Jules relationship last season.

by Anonymousreply 1002/04/2013

His face has the look of someone on prescription prednisone. It will give anyone a very round, puffy looking face.

by Anonymousreply 1102/04/2013

I haven't seen this show in a while. He was very cute when it started. He has gotten fat.

by Anonymousreply 1202/04/2013

Such a shame.

by Anonymousreply 1302/05/2013

They are the cutesy gay couple on tv.

by Anonymousreply 1402/05/2013

How long has this show been on, anyway?

by Anonymousreply 1502/09/2013

seems like a dozen years sometimes...

by Anonymousreply 1602/09/2013

...anyone watching the 100th episode tonight? They're doing an homage to the movie "Clue".

by Anonymousreply 1803/27/2013

The homage to Twin Peaks was one of the funniest episodes ever: "Dual Spires"

by Anonymousreply 1903/27/2013

"100 Clues" was about as funny as "Clue" the movie.

by Anonymousreply 2003/29/2013

Good god! This guy is not in the least bit fat. He looks awesome!!!

by Anonymousreply 2104/14/2013

Been watching since beginning but with each season I like it a little less. I know it's horrible and incredibly shallow to say but the immature goofiness of the Shawn Spencer character is much less tolerable coming from a fat guy than a cute sexy one. Recently joined Netflix and went back to watch the first season again and found myself laughing out loud A LOT. Unless it's a medical condition or a side effect of a medication he's on, it seems that it's simply a case of apathy. He's in a long-term relationship, so he doesn't need to look hot to attract women (the typical physical reaction of men who are married for years). And he's got job security, so he doesn't have to look hot to get roles. So he can eat what he wants, and not work out, with no adverse consequences (except maybe these mean comments, mine included...sorry!) And yes, the other actors on the show have put on a few pounds over the duration of the series. But those are typical, normal signs of aging, just like wrinkles or thinning hair.

I know it's terrible but I think if he keeps gaining weight the show won't be fun to watch anymore. A grown man acting like a ten year old isn't as tolerable if the grown man weighs 300 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 2204/17/2013

[quote]I know it's horrible and incredibly shallow to say but the immature goofiness of the Shawn Spencer character is much less tolerable coming from a fat guy than a cute sexy one

Agreed... it's horrible and incredibly shallow, and I totally agree with you about it being much less tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 2304/17/2013

He was in his 20s when the show started, and he has a stocky build that he probably had to really work on to stay thin. I think it is awesome he writes and directs for the show. Even at this cutest he was never leading man material so why not have a cheeseburger?

by Anonymousreply 2404/17/2013

Too many pineapples.

by Anonymousreply 2508/28/2013

his nose is ugly

he should get a nose job

and i never liked that show too stupid

by Anonymousreply 2608/28/2013

he's a mexican??? what??? he is too pale to be a mexican.

by Anonymousreply 2708/28/2013

"Fat" to an ordinary person...Melissa McCarthy (love her).

"Fat" to a gay man...Karen Carpenter.

And we all know it's true.

by Anonymousreply 2808/28/2013

R23, and yet you agree.

Gay men are to fat people what we are to straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 2908/28/2013

His mother would not agree, R27.

by Anonymousreply 3008/28/2013

Idk stil think he's hot, but he needs to los weiht. It seem like h got fatter in season 7.

by Anonymousreply 3109/25/2013

He's got the fat gene and he hit the right age and BAM! unless he has a trainer each day and a nutritionist he's going to get fat. Life sucks like that.

by Anonymousreply 3209/25/2013

Wouldn't life be great if he hit the gym.. and got a six pack... (yea not gonna happen) :(

by Anonymousreply 3312/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.