Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Legend of CHERYL. Just a mirage or real!

For dataloungers who have been here longer, was there really a Cheryl? I keep seeing her name and false posts all over the site.

by Lylah Clarereply 2802/05/2013

Cheryl is very much alive and well.

by Lylah Clarereply 102/04/2013

She's a cunt and her pussy stinks. That's all you need to know.

by Lylah Clarereply 202/04/2013

She hasn't been posting as much because she's busy testing a line of industrial strength douches for Summer's Eve.

by Lylah Clarereply 302/04/2013

I put fish oil in her douche. Several times.

by Lylah Clarereply 402/04/2013

Cheryl was real. Whether her pussy truly stank, who knows? But yeah, Cheryl was a real poster, a long ass time ago.

by Lylah Clarereply 502/04/2013

I'm truly real.

by Lylah Clarereply 602/04/2013

What I'd like to know is what made Cheryl's pussy the cunt it is today.

by Lylah Clarereply 702/04/2013

Editor! Please punish all of the bitches on this thread!!!

by Lylah Clarereply 802/04/2013

Fuck off, Cheryl. You're just a cunt, Webmaster even said so.

by Lylah Clarereply 902/04/2013

The story of the original Cheryl:

back in 1999-2000, this place was more like the Wild West, and lots more women who post here would readily identify themselves as women (now they're mostly shamed out of it doing it). Also keep in mind thta it was the time when N*SYNC was very huge in the pop music scene. There was a poster here named Cheryl, and she would get very upset if anyone on the forum ever claimed that Lance Bass was closeted, and she insisted he was straight. if anyone did post that he was secretly gay, she would post something like, "Editor [she never addressed the webmaster as "Webmaster," but always as "Editor" for some reason], please redtag r34 for lying about Lance Bass." She was very persistent, but this proved to be her undoing. Someone fed up with her postings would always post as "Iola" (no doubt a tribute to the character from "Mama's Family") immediately after Cheryl's posts and write "Cheryl is a cunt" (and, after time, "Cheryl's pussy stinks") This would make Cheryl even angrier and she would post something like, "Editor, please redtag Iola." This became so funny everyone started pretending they were Iola just to annoy her, and the legend of Cheryl's smelly pussy was born.

Then, pretty soon after that, everyone started pretending to be Cheryl, either commenting that her pussy smelled badly or (even more often) asserting that anyone behaving badly had to be punished by the editor (usually for claiming that someone was gay, because, according to "Cheryl," all celebrities reputed to be gay are actually 100% straight--that became a big part of the joke). Inside most American gay men is a secret inner hall monitor, so it became a joking way for us to allow that censoring prissy queen inside all of us to speak. It got so overdone that for years you could not post on any subject at all without "Cheryl" immediately appearing within the thread (usually multiple times) scolding someone. It's become the longest running joke on Datalounge, and one time when the Mediapolis owners and webmasters had a public forum in NYC about Datalounge they said that almost every longterm poster in the history of the forum had pretended at one time or another to be Cheryl (one of the earliest t-shorts they created for the site had a fake "Hello, My name is" badge printed on it with "Cheryl" penned on it).

Whatever happened to the original Cheryl (or how she reacted when Lance Bass finally came out) no one knows, although of course many posters pretend to be her even still.

by Lylah Clarereply 1002/04/2013

So what is the source of all the Cheryl hate? Was she a lesbian or some frau who wandered in?

by Lylah Clarereply 1102/04/2013

Never mind. R10 posted.

by Lylah Clarereply 1202/04/2013

What's Peg's origin story?

by Lylah Clarereply 1302/04/2013

That's hilarious R10. Thanks for the history lesson. It gives me some appreciation for the 'Cheryl' posts.

The tradition will probably never die as you can certainly find a comment credited to Cheryl in nearly every thread these days.

It would be fun to know if the O.G. Cheryl still reads or posts on the site...or if she's even alive. Maybe she did herself in when Lance came out.

by Lylah Clarereply 1402/04/2013

[quote]What's Peg's origin story?

peg claimed to be a lesbian living in the Pacific Northwest. She first showed up during the 2004 election and seemed to get off trolling a bunch of right-wing bullshit. The last time there was a post that I was sure was from the real peg, it was the morning of the 2006 midterm elections.

by Lylah Clarereply 1502/04/2013

[quote][she never addressed the webmaster as "Webmaster," but always as "Editor" for some reason]

That's because the site actually had an editor at one time (Chris Barillas) who would post a weekly article on whatever was the hot gossip at the time.

[quote]peg claimed to be a lesbian living in the Pacific Northwest.

Somebody here fessed up a while back to creating peg. "She" actually showed up a bit earlier, I think around 2002 or 2003, but pissed off so many people with "her" trolling during the '04 election season that the webbie created some sort of script that changed "peg" to "Troll Bait."

by Lylah Clarereply 1602/04/2013

Thanks R10!

by Lylah Clarereply 1702/04/2013

Was Nan Michiganwomyn ever real?

by Lylah Clarereply 1802/04/2013

[quote] Was Nan Michiganwomyn ever real? --R18

Of course I'm real! I've been raped again by you questioning my existence. I rage with angry power!

by Lylah Clarereply 1902/04/2013

Nan, you haterape pussylips with your plagiarism. She's the one who raged with angry power.

by Lylah Clarereply 2002/04/2013

Have many people conflated Cheryl with My Best Friend Julie? Or am I imagining that? It seems that every time Julie is referenced Cheryl follows but that's not how it really happened.

by Lylah Clarereply 2102/04/2013

The heyday of Cheryl sounds hilarious, wish I had been here then.

by Lylah Clarereply 2202/04/2013

Holy fuck! I'd completely forotten about Peg!!

by Lylah Clarereply 2302/04/2013

David E. turned me on to this site in 2000. I was unemployed during the whole White Belt Man debacle. WBM was actually quite a character, and really good at asking questions that provoked commentary. Then one day, someone claiming to be him made a lot of racist comments. It got so out of hand, that the authenticated WBM just vanished. Early on, I noticed that the authenticated posters became targets by the Anonymous hoards.

Cackle,Cackle, Blue Agave and Bonnie Mace were some of the most entertaining people I've read on the web.

by Lylah Clarereply 2402/04/2013

Lol at "100% STRAIGHT!!" R10

by Lylah Clarereply 2502/04/2013

So was Cheryl a no - show when Lance Bass came out with his puss all over People magazine?

by Lylah Clarereply 2602/04/2013

r26, the original Cheryl was long gone by then. The last I came remember her actually posting was in 2001 or so--after that, though, so many people were pretending to be her that if she actually still posted her voice became lost entirely in the thousands of competing Cheryls (all of whom swore up and down that they were the real, the only, and the original Cheryl, and wanted everyone else who pretended to be her to be instantly redtagged by the "editor" for daring to be so presumptuous--which was, again, part of the joke).

by Lylah Clarereply 2702/05/2013

Ok, so let me set the record straight. I am THE REAL CHERYL. Lance Bass is NOT gay. My pussy does not stink when I wash it. I've always been on this website and I always will. Dear Editor, please remove some of these nasty posts about my pussy/cunt.

by Lylah Clarereply 2802/05/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!