Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oregon Bakery Owner Aaron Klein Denies Lesbian Couple A Wedding Cake

An Oregon baker could face legal action after turning away a lesbian couple who sought a cake for their forthcoming wedding.

As KATU first reported, Sweet Cakes Bakery owner Aaron Klein admitted he denied a lesbian bride-to-be service after she visited his shop on Jan. 17. The woman who filed the complaint tells the station that she had previously purchased a wedding cake from Sweet Cakes for her mother, and was only refused after she specified that this cake was for a same-sex wedding.

Klein, who reportedly owns the bakery with his wife Melissa, told NBC he was simply living in accordance with his religious beliefs by rejecting the lesbian couple's request. Furthermore, he believes his decision to deny the couple service is protected by his Constitutional right to practice his religion as he sees fit.

"I believe that marriage is a religious institution ordained by God," Klein is quoted as saying. "A man should leave his mother and father and cling to his wife ... that to me is the beginning of marriage."

Specifying that he does not consider himself to be anti-gay -- "I'll sell [gay people] stuff...I'll talk to them, it's fine" -- Klein went on to note, "I'd rather have my kids see their dad stand up for what he believes in then to see him bow down because one person complained."

While he denies the lesbian couple's charge that he referred to them as "abominations unto the Lord," he said he'd rather close down his business than "be forced to do something that violates my conscience," according to KATU.

But now, the question for Oregon Attorney General's civil enforcement officers is whether or not Klein's beliefs are enough to defend him against the Oregon Equality Act of 2007, which prohibits discrimination against people based on their sexual orientation and gender identity, KPVR reports.

It isn't the first time that a same-sex couple has been turned away for a wedding cake. In July, a Colorado gay couple hoped to order a cake from Lakewood's Masterpiece Cakeshop but were reportedly refused by owner Jack Phillips, who is said to have told them his business doesn't support same-sex marriage.

Similarly, in November 2011, a lesbian couple was denied a wedding cake by the Christian owner of an Iowa-based bakery. "I didn't do the cake because of my convictions for their lifestyle," Victoria Childress, who runs her bakery from home, told KCCI-TV at the time. "It is my right, and it's not to discriminate against them. It's not so much to do with them, it's to do with me and my walk with God and what I will answer [to] Him for."

by Anonymousreply 22202/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 202/04/2013

But why would they even mention its for a same sex wedding? A wedding cake doesn't have writing on it. It doesn't say, "Congtatulations Adam and Steve." I guess low class people put plastic brides and grooms atop wedding cakes, but people with class do not. You just order a wedding cake for x number of people.

by Anonymousreply 302/04/2013

To: Victoria Childress

Re: Lesbian Wedding Cake

Why are you such an asshole? No room for you up here. (And our cakes are much better than that crap you made. Less time misreading the Bible and more time learning how to bake.)

by Anonymousreply 402/04/2013

I wouldn't eat his homophobic cake. Who knows what he'd do to it. I get he shouldn't discriminate and I hope he's punished but I'm sure there are gay-friendly bakeries who would be glad to get the business and I'd rather support those.

by Anonymousreply 502/04/2013

[quote] A man should leave his mother and father and cling to his wife

Strange manchild.

by Anonymousreply 702/04/2013

"It is my right, and it's not to discriminate against them. It's not so much to do with them, it's to do with me and my walk with God and what I will answer [to] Him for."

What, exactly? Treating fellow human beings with courtesy and respect?

I fucking hate Christianity. I cannot stress this enough.

by Anonymousreply 802/04/2013

I bet all these bakers walk around with their chests puffed out, so proud of themselves for their courage: they denied a cake to the fags and the dykes!

Wow, what an example of being faithful. What courage. What douches.

by Anonymousreply 902/04/2013

His job is to make a fucking cake, not to perform or even to approve of the ceremony.

He's not even the photographer whom at least I could begin understand an argument for refusing to do the job. The photographer actually has to be at the wedding.

On the one hand, I support suing his ass.

But on a more practical level, what gay couple would want a baker who disapproves of their wedding to make the cake?

Why would they want to give him their business or to risk the product not being up to the usual standards because his heart isn't into making the cake; hell, he might even go out of his way to fuck up the cake.

Or worse.

by Anonymousreply 1002/04/2013

I don't understand why people sue for the right to give business to people who hate them. I'd rather go out of my way to use gay-friendly businesses than force someone who thinks I'm going to hell to prepare a wedding cake. I don't want my money going to someone who will donate it to some nutcase fundie church, and wouldn't want that spectre hanging over my wedding and worrying that "Jesus" told them to mix up the sugar and salt to ruin it.

by Anonymousreply 1202/04/2013

R6--I'm with you.

Go to a store that wants your business. Most business owners look at the dollars, not at the person who is waving them.

Welcome to the human race, lesbian couple. There are a lot of dicks out there.

by Anonymousreply 1302/04/2013

[quote]I guess low class people put plastic brides and grooms atop wedding cakes, but people with class do not.

And who the fuck do you think you are to say what's classy and what's not? People can put whatever the fuck they want on their wedding cake.

Anyway, I think it's great when these bakery owners make their bigotry known, so that way people can know to take their business elsewhere. Funny thing is that brick and mortar shops like this treat people like shit and then they wonder why customers go to bigger and more well-known places.

by Anonymousreply 1402/04/2013

You are free to put whatever you want atop your wedding cake. You can put a little Cinderella doll and a GI Joe atop your wedding cake. A Pluto and a Mickey. Two flying nuns. It's your choice.

Choices are abundant. But some choices are classless.

by Anonymousreply 1502/04/2013

[quote] and wouldn't want that spectre hanging over my wedding and worrying that "Jesus" told them to mix up the sugar and salt to ruin it.

Would a guy named Aaron Klein do what Jesus told him to?

by Anonymousreply 1602/04/2013

I'm guessing that "missing the point" is practically a way of life for R3.

by Anonymousreply 1702/04/2013

He should be put out of business. He is running a bakery, not a church and public accommodation laws are for the protection of everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1802/04/2013

[quote]Choices are abundant. But some choices are classless.

You must be so much fun to be around, Miss High & Mighty.

by Anonymousreply 1902/04/2013

You're going about it all wrong. They are hateful. When we hate in return, we're at an impasse and nothing changes. By using their own Biblical terminology with them (speak their language), we show them that living from a place of loving others is the only 'Christian' thing to do. Come on. The New Testament is all about love.

Really, homosexuality is not about hate. It's directly rooted in love, of which sex is one of its natural expressions. So let's not get dragged away from the premise and into their mire of hate.

Sorry I'm not being snarky, but progress hinges on this very idea. Are you going to inspire someone with your hatred? Or might love get you closer to goal?

Yeah, in this case, they need to sue, and so does everyone else until the tides change in our society. In the future, they'll be unable to fathom it. "Can you believe people were not allowed to buy things based on who they loved?"

by Anonymousreply 2102/04/2013

If this baker is so concerned about marriage being one man and one woman "clinging" together, I assume he refuses to cater for divorced people getting remarried?

And Jesus didn't say anything about gay people. However, he did say a few things about fakes and hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 2202/04/2013

Have at 'em, bitches !

Just remember try to be articulate. Vitriol only strengthens their resolve - and makes us look bad. (the co-owner wife)

by Anonymousreply 2402/04/2013

I live in Oregon. When I first read about this story I immediately emailed as many of the wedding planners, venues, and other related businesses in the area suggesting that they remove Sweet Cakes from their list of recommended businesses and that they also should look into having their names removed from the "Highly Recommended Businesses" listed on the Sweet Cakes website in order to distance themselves from the discriminatory owners. I've already heard back from several of those businesses and venues letting me know that they were working on doing just that and thanking me.

by Anonymousreply 2502/04/2013

I thought that someone named Aaron Klein must be a Jew and I said WTF?????

He's christian. I knew that.

by Anonymousreply 2602/04/2013

And doesn't this guy know that baking is a queer profession?

by Anonymousreply 2702/04/2013

They should've ordered a crème brûlée...

by Anonymousreply 2802/04/2013

One of my friends married a guy with the same name as a famous Jewish director, so I was socked when he turned out to be a fundie Episcopalian and Holocaust denier.

Those German names -- gets confusing.

by Anonymousreply 2902/04/2013

Dear Melissa, I just wanted to thank you and your husband Aaron for refusing to sell a wedding cake to two lesbians...

I'm gonna find you and hunt you down like a dog. I'm talking about you and your husband running through the woods, through the snow, with bloodhounds ripping your clothes off. And remember Melissa, I have your address... you'd be wise to ask yourself - Do I know where my babies are?

Now have yourself a nice day.

Sincerely Julia Sugarbaker

by Anonymousreply 3002/04/2013

Why don't they just serve a nice hair pie instead?

by Anonymousreply 3202/04/2013

You know, Mary Worth and her platonic friend John Dill are currently involved in a prestigious cake-baking competition in Santa Royale.

Perhaps the lesbians can get John and Mary to craft their cake. I'm fairly certain Mary is friendly to the gays.

by Anonymousreply 3302/04/2013

I eat old people's excrement.

by Anonymousreply 3402/04/2013

It's always a bad idea for lesbians to eat cake and other sweets--it never ends up well.

by Anonymousreply 3502/04/2013

When R31 isn't being a trolling antisemitic freeper, he also eats old people's excrement.

(But is "Jews are leaving the D's in record numbers" pure trolling, or an actual brick in the GOP's wall of denial?)

by Anonymousreply 3602/04/2013

Yeah, the bakery owners are bigots, but these whining couples are even more attention-whoring and tired. Use your $$ on gay-positive businesses, rather than demand the right to pay $$ into a homophobic business.

by Anonymousreply 3702/04/2013

R31, my point:

Jewish people have been at the forefront of civil rights -- all kind of civil rights -- since the beginning. I'm talking about your ordinary garden variety conservative and reform Jews, which 95% of American Jews are.

by Anonymousreply 3902/04/2013

[quote} I will bet this dyke knew his views and went there anyway to make a fucking cause of her "marriage." How very Kim kardashian.

Has Datalounge become the Free Republic?!

Time was, this troll would have been handed his ass.

by Anonymousreply 4102/04/2013

This bakery has been having it's biggest sales the last few days, most sales ever. Akin to Chick-fil-A and how their sales exploded during the summer months before normalizing recently.

Sorry guys, but no. There are consequences for discrimination, at least there need to be. Or people will continue discriminating against us. I'm sure this couple doesn't want the money of this bigot Aaron Klein, but they're also holding him accountable for imposing his views on them and not doing his job. Good for them.

We are going to win this war by fighting back instead of tolerating those who don't tolerate us. If you've read some of the FB messages from this Klein character, than I doubt anyone here would defend him.

by Anonymousreply 4202/04/2013

Many Orthodox Jews (which Klein may be) are as anti-gay marriage as fundie Christians. Just because other Jews might have been at the forefront of various civil rights movements doesn't change these facts.

by Anonymousreply 4302/04/2013

They aren't Jews - there are crosses on the walls of their store - could be they are messianic Jewish converts to Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 4402/04/2013

From their website:

Standard buttercream frosted cake start at $4 per serving

Fonant covered cakes start at $5 per serving

Chocolate ganache starts at $4.50 per serving

Cream cheese frosted starts at $5 per serving (not recommended for spring and summer)

Can they really get those kind of prices for a fucking wedding cake? We're not talking NYC prices, this place is in Oregon.

by Anonymousreply 4502/04/2013

Cake makers and professional bakers are some of the weirdest people known to man, I'm not kidding. Always some kind of personality disorder, always.

I'm talking to you, Carnie.

by Anonymousreply 4802/04/2013

He doesn't have a "right" to express these views, just as he would not have a right to refuse service to an interracial couple. Equal protection clause, motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 4902/04/2013

Their website has Bible quotes all over it.

I wouldn't have set foot in this shop to begin with had I seen their website.

by Anonymousreply 5002/04/2013

While I agree that Aaron Klein sounds like he should be officiating a bar mitzvah, Klein is a German name and I have met many non-Jewish Kleins. I have met some Christian Goldmans and Silvermans, and Greenbergs too. While it is possible that someone way down the line was Jewish and then converted, a lot of Jewish names came from German lineage. Not to apply sterotypes,as soon I saw the guy was from Oregon I knew it was unlikely he was Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 5102/04/2013

R46, where are you getting your information that "she went looking for trouble?"

The article only mentioned that the woman suing the bakery for discrimination has bought a cake from them previously with no issues.

I'm sure that if you felt that you had been discriminated against for being an idiot christer, you'd sue and and stamp your little feet until the press paid attention to you.

by Anonymousreply 5202/04/2013

[quote]Would a guy named Aaron Klein do what Jesus told him to?

In Oregon, that's not a marker he's necessarily Jewish. It's more likely here that it means he's German-American Protestant.

In New York, it would be a marker he's likely German-American Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 5302/04/2013

I wish people like Klein didn't exist. Suppose his next target is interracial marriages.

by Anonymousreply 5502/04/2013

[R47], gay sexuality is not an agenda. Fundamental human rights is not an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 5602/04/2013

Enjoy the back of the bus, R3. It is exactly where you always-blame-the-gays geezers belong.

by Anonymousreply 5702/04/2013

The baker has the right to practice whatever religion he wants, that is his right. BUt, he is in business. The private life of the customer is none of his business. Does he question any of the other customers about their personal habits, beliefs and such before taking money. This reminds me of the bad old days when people were discriminated on the basis of national origin. Ridiculous. Public accomodation laws should apply here.

by Anonymousreply 5802/04/2013

They should have ordered creme brulees for all!! NOW!

by Anonymousreply 5902/04/2013

Oh, fuck off homophobe @ R60.

by Anonymousreply 6102/04/2013

What "point"? Those quote-marks are deserved much more than the quote-marks you used concerning this woman's marriage.

by Anonymousreply 6302/04/2013

[quote]Live in the present not utopia and life is much easier. I remain convinced this guy was targeted to make a point by a agenda driven lesbian.

Why don't YOU live in the present instead of the 1950's or 1850's? YOU are the one who is making a value judgement (they are lesbians so I know they are in the wrong) based on NO EVIDENCE at all.

Yeah. I'm the one with the problem.

by Anonymousreply 6402/04/2013

You're a real Rosa Parks R65.

Oh wait...Rosa wouldn't settle for the back of the bus like you will.

by Anonymousreply 6602/04/2013

So the answer is to just never challenge anything?

If a gay person running a business decided they didn't want to provide services for any hetero marriages there would be hell to pay.

You're a Gay Best Friend(tm) aren't you? Happy to be the eunuch?

by Anonymousreply 6702/04/2013

It has nothing to do with buying a cake from this bigot. It's about making this bigot take responsibility for his homophobic actions.

by Anonymousreply 6902/04/2013

r68 is not going to last much longer. Stop feeding it. It's been flagged.

by Anonymousreply 7002/04/2013

I don't think it's right for him to refuse service to a paying customer on the basis of his own religion, just as I felt it wasn't right for the Muslim barber to refuse service to a paying customer on the basis of his own religion. Yet the majority of Dataloungers felt the latter situation was acceptable. Flame away, but I don't see much of a difference between the two.

by Anonymousreply 7202/04/2013

Klein is wrong about how he feels, and how he has used a subverted version of the Bible that promotes hate. If there is a law suit, he will lose.

I'll tell you this, no matter what, I would be afraid to eat anything from that bakery.

by Anonymousreply 7302/04/2013

When your business is to cater to the public, you better come to terms with the fact that not everyone adheres to your beliefs.

If this was going to be a problem for him, maybe his business should have been printing Bibles and Christian-themed bumper stickers. Still catering to the public, but one more likely to believe as he did.

by Anonymousreply 7402/04/2013

Religion is the speed bump in the progression of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 7602/04/2013

r75, you seem like you hate gays and lesbians

by Anonymousreply 7702/04/2013

Straight men are cake decorators? I learn something new every day!

by Anonymousreply 7802/04/2013

r76, discribes Islam perfectly

by Anonymousreply 7902/04/2013

This doesn't seem very Christian...

by Anonymousreply 8002/04/2013

Aaron Klein is Christian?

by Anonymousreply 8202/04/2013

Close your shop, douchebag. I'm sure that'll score mega points with the big guy.

by Anonymousreply 8302/04/2013

r82, being gay is against Judaism too

by Anonymousreply 8502/04/2013

R85 - no, not really - not Reform Judaism, which compromises the overwhelming majority of American Jews.

by Anonymousreply 8602/04/2013

Jews as a whole do not like homosexuality trust me

by Anonymousreply 8802/04/2013

Nice pink storefront ya FAG!!!

by Anonymousreply 8902/04/2013

their business advertises "cakes for any occassion". this is false advertising. the Kleins are breaking their promise on which they have based their business. Sounds un-christian to me.

no, I would not give any of my business to this bakery, but they not legally allowed to deny their services (baking) to anyone paying and requesting for this service.

by Anonymousreply 9002/04/2013

Sorry R88 - I married one - was brought right into the clan. I have never encountered any Jew who was against gays in the 20 years we have been together. I have met hundreds over the years.

by Anonymousreply 9102/04/2013

Who knew hipster bakers were such bigoted assholes?

by Anonymousreply 9202/04/2013

Only stupid cunts bake cakes.

by Anonymousreply 9302/04/2013

“Ace Of Cakes” Duff Goldman Steps Up For Lesbian Couple Stiffed By Bigoted Baker

by Anonymousreply 9502/05/2013

The first nondiscrimination bill for gays to ever go before Congress was put forth by Bella Abzug and Ed Koch back in the 1970s. More than 40 years later, our government still hasn't offered us equal protection. Ed Koch was buried in New York City yesterday. He'll go down in history as a Congressional pioneer in the fight for equal rights for gays.

by Anonymousreply 9602/05/2013

How stupid. Your job is to serve the public cake. The public. It doesn't matter who it is. These business owners really need to stop encouraging people to not spend money at their establishment. If you work with food, than all you do, speak, live and breathe is food.

by Anonymousreply 9802/05/2013

cake bump

by Anonymousreply 9902/05/2013

So I'm assuimng they would also deny a bride & groom who were of a different religion?

by Anonymousreply 10002/05/2013

While it would still be a slap in the face to be turned down by the bakery because the cake is for a gay couple, I'd actually appreciate them telling me upfront. There's no way I would ever want to knowingly spend my money at such a hateful, bigoted business.

by Anonymousreply 10202/05/2013

In NYC the names Melissa and Aaron Klein would definitely be Jewish.

When I first saw this report on TV, then saw the guy's name, I was thinking "WTF?"

Come to think of it, all the Melissas and Aarons I've come across, during my entire life as a New Yorker, have been Jewish.

Whatever this couple's religion, they are total idiots.

As someone else posted, they are in business to sell a product, not question a customer's sexuality, beliefs or political agenda. If they are so pro-Christian or whatever they are, they should have entered a business where they could cater to people who are think exactly like them.

Imagine if Italian, Mexican, French, Chinese, Japanese etc restaurants refused to serve people who weren't those specific nationalities?!

by Anonymousreply 10302/05/2013

What annoys me about people who do this is that they pick only the view on homosexuality to use as grounds for discrimination. He probably bakes cakes for a guy who's marrying his secretary after cheating on his wife, even though adultery is a sin.

To the douche who said "His shop. He can do what he wants" - lets say he puts up a "No Niggers" sign in his bakery - that OK? His shop. Can do what he wants.

by Anonymousreply 10402/05/2013

[quote]She went looking for trouble and got it. Whether or not I agree with his religion and philosophy I will defend his right to have them and stand up for them. She should do the right thing and go where her business is wanted.

So black people should have just known their place and not go to lunch counters for whites, only go where their business is wanted, right?

by Anonymousreply 10502/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 10702/05/2013

There's nothing Jewish about the name Melissa. Not a single Melissa I've known has been Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 10802/05/2013

R108, can we talk?

by Anonymousreply 10902/05/2013

I know several Jewish women named Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 11002/05/2013

It doesn't seem to be a specifically Jewish name, as none of the Melissas I've known have been Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 11102/05/2013

Listen, Missy! You're not getting anything for Chanukah, you spoiled brat!

by Anonymousreply 11202/05/2013

I wonder what Aaron and Melissa would say if the landlord for their shop suddenly decided he didn't want to lease to someone with tattoos and earings. What if he believed that the body is the temple of the lord and that the body modification lifestyle choice was the work of satan and against his beliefs?

by Anonymousreply 11302/05/2013

I disagree, I don't believe he should be stomped to death...maybe smoothered in flour?

by Anonymousreply 11402/05/2013

Gay men and lesbians need to learn how to bake some when gay people need a cake they don't have to hassle straight people for some damm cakes. Sweet Cakes by Melissa can go kick rocks.

by Anonymousreply 11502/05/2013

Gay Kakes

by Anonymousreply 11602/05/2013

Up for original thread.

by Anonymousreply 11702/06/2013

This is on their website:

All of our cakes are made from scratch using the best ingredients; NO BOX CAKES! All real stuff!

Why the hell would they need to specify they don't use boxed cake mix? Isn't that a given?!?

by Anonymousreply 11802/06/2013

They have horrible spelling and grammar. My God. They don't use punctuations on anything.

Have a favorite drink let us know we can create just about any flavor

Carmel Apple Cake: A light taste of apples and spice cake with a carmel cream filling (seasonl)

by Anonymousreply 11902/06/2013

They've updated their site to address the controversy. They even set up a gmail for all the hate mail and are asking people to send it there. I bet they don't even read the gmail. They just don't want their regular business email flooded.

We here at Sweet Cakes strongly believe that when a man and woman come together to be joined as one, it is truly one of the most special days of their lives, we feel truely honored when we are chosen to do the cake for your special day.

!!!!!Remember we do cakes for any occasion!!!

Please send support and non support emails to

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" John 3:16

by Anonymousreply 12002/06/2013

Please send support and non support emails to

or email us

Huh, I'm confused, which one do I send pictures of her husband sucking dick to?

by Anonymousreply 12102/06/2013

Not only is the owner a homophobe, he's racist too. This is what he posted on the bakery's Facebook page in response to all the negative posts:

"Fuck the Niggers, Spics, whores, sodimites, fat bitches, ugly cunts, hypocritical hoes and overweight hippos on our feed. We try so hard to bake cakes and all you ungrateful bullies hate on me and my beautiful family after these articles were written, shame on you! If you don't like our busineess then don't stop by! More cake for our fellow Christians!"

by Anonymousreply 12202/06/2013

God made Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve.

by Anonymousreply 12302/06/2013

R122 I think their FB page has been deleted. I can't find it...

by Anonymousreply 12402/06/2013

They deleted their Facebook page after too many negative comments. They were deleting comments left and right and people were complaining that their comments were deleted and reposting. Since they couldn't keep up with all the negative comments, they just deleted their whole account.

by Anonymousreply 12502/06/2013

So the husband doesn't ever fap to lesbian porn? What if the wedding couple were REALLY hot lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 12702/06/2013

And it keep getting worse for Aaron Klein. Now it's revealed he made homophobic and racist comments on Facebook about sending Obama back to Africa.

by Anonymousreply 12802/06/2013

[quote]"A man should leave his mother and father and cling to his wife ... that to me is the beginning of marriage."

by Anonymousreply 12902/06/2013

What an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 13002/06/2013

[quote]His 'likes' focus mainly on the NRA, Fox News and other ultra-conservative concepts. He also has a new profile photo -- him showing off a firearm. In the comments a friend of his says: "LOL, just in case some lefties start gettin' ideas?"

by Anonymousreply 13102/06/2013

Breaking report Feb. 6, 2013: Things just keep getting worse for the owners of "Sweet Cakes by Melissa" after Aaron Klein refused to sell a wedding cake to a lesbian couple -- and going as far as reportedly calling them "abominations."

Yesterday it was revealed that the cake shop might have made some horribly unsettling statements regarding race on their wall before deleting the page on Facebook entirely. Today a new screenshot has surfaced and is going viral like the first.

Remember the news report of Aaron Klein saying that he personally doesn't hate gays, he just doesn't want to provide a cake for a wedding? Yeah, well it's been made apparent that Aaron Klein of "Sweet Cakes by Melissa" has a habit of making homophobic slurs, as well as slurs against other races.

This is a post taken from Aaron Klein's wall that was made on December 27, 2012 -- before all of the madness surrounding his cake shop began.

"Send him back to his socialist utopian gay rights loving homeland. And all the people that think like him can go too."

This was a homophobic rant railed against liberals and President Obama, but why? Why does this guy exude so much negativity for a dessert baker? There are telltale signs of what may be behind this man's behavior against homosexuals and liberals, and these signs can be seen on his Facebook page.

His 'likes' focus mainly on the NRA, Fox News and other ultra-conservative concepts. He also has a new profile photo -- him showing off a firearm. In the comments a friend of his says:

"LOL, just in case some lefties start gettin' ideas?"

by Anonymousreply 13202/06/2013

Christianity is all about thinking YOU'RE God and judging others. Oh, and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 13302/06/2013

A true Christian would be a servant to all people, make the best cake possible, and make kindness. love and long suffering the fruits of their faith. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". That is true Christianity, not the hateful BS from these people. "By their fruits you shall know them" - well, we can see what their "fruits" are - hate, division, fear, arrogance, conflict and hatred.

by Anonymousreply 13602/06/2013

They have a business page and cannot even properly spell: Taken out of their page:

We appoligize for any inconvinence. For those sending us support we THANK YOU so very much!

by Anonymousreply 13702/06/2013

Their collapse is complete.

by Anonymousreply 13802/06/2013

I just called to leave them a message but their voicemail is full. I'll call again after 10am when they're open!

by Anonymousreply 13902/06/2013

This is why I love social media.

by Anonymousreply 14002/06/2013

It's a funny thing about choosing a business that deals with the public, if you piss off huge segments of the public - you're out of business.

Buh-bye, Bigoted Baker.

by Anonymousreply 14102/06/2013

{quote]I believe businesses have a right to "select" their customers for whatever reason.

What you feel is not important. We already have laws making such practices illegal. And we have had these laws for a long time. Perhaps America is not the best place for you. I think you would do better in a place like Iran.

by Anonymousreply 14202/06/2013

The business Facebook page might be gone, but Aaron Klein's page is still up and running

by Anonymousreply 14302/06/2013

R143 lol thanks. Check out the friends list. Sweet cakes by Melissa is there, I assume it's Melissa...

by Anonymousreply 14402/06/2013

SweetCakes ByMelissa January 16 via mobile so its been over two weeks now of no tv in our house. and I am just amazed at what has happened in this short two weeks. our family has grown so much closer. The kids have not complained once. they are treating each other better and helping around the house more and even doing extra. it truely has been a blessing. I would challenge any family out there that loves watching tv for their down time to try this. I guarentee your family will draw closer and you wont miss it.

Honey, get uses to having NO TV!!!

by Anonymousreply 14502/06/2013

SweetCakes ByMelissa January 19 via mobile didnt feel like cooking, so made a family trip to taco bell, so much for my diet lol

No wonder she's such a FAT CUNT

by Anonymousreply 14602/06/2013

SweetCakes ByMelissa January 1 via mobile things are gonna be different this new year, gonna make a lot of new changes. im excited to see what the Lord is going to do in our families life this year :)

So are we my dear...

by Anonymousreply 14702/06/2013

R147 confuses me. Why make an announcement that you are going to be making big changes if in the end, Jebus is the one who calls all the shots?

by Anonymousreply 14802/06/2013

Okay it's after 10am PST and they're not picking up. I've called ten times in a row. I need to order some cack!

by Anonymousreply 15002/06/2013

Awwww... Aaron and Melissa both attended the Centennial High School. He graduated in '97 and she did in '99. I wonder if he was fucking her underage pussy in highschool? Bless their Christian hearts.

by Anonymousreply 15102/06/2013

SweetCakes ByMelissa January 21 prego belly cake

OH MY FUCKING GOD... Who the fuck wants to eat this shit??? LOL

by Anonymousreply 15202/06/2013

R153 There is one thing I've always wanted to ask a drama queen like yourself. How do you manage to type while at the same time clutching your pearls?

by Anonymousreply 15402/06/2013

R153, you either roll over and accept discrimination or you stand up and fight for your dignity like a self-respecting person.

You can't be taken seriously when you tell us to grow up while calling us childish names like "fairy."

by Anonymousreply 15502/06/2013

He has the right to refuse our service and we have the right to make it known that he discriminates against people based on their sexual orientation.

I wonder if you also support his right not to bake wedding cakes for Jewish couples based on his belief that the deny the divinity of their rightful Messiah.

by Anonymousreply 15902/06/2013

R153 I don't give a flying fuck what you think. These people need to learn to take back what they dish out. This whole turn the other cheek crap is christian bullshit that only seems to conveniently apply to certain people.

by Anonymousreply 16002/06/2013

People are so small. Especially the 'morally righteous via perception of religion' nimwits.

by Anonymousreply 16102/06/2013

[quote]I wonder if you also support his right not to bake wedding cakes for Jewish couples based on his belief that the deny the divinity of their rightful Messiah.

Not a lawyer but doesn't discrimination based on religion violate the 1964 Civil Rights Act?

by Anonymousreply 16302/06/2013

The atheists are the only sane group of people left in the world.

The funny thing is that the Atheists are the only people that would be able to enter the magic kingdom of glory, for they have the pure hearts.

by Anonymousreply 16502/06/2013

R164 Yes, keep clutching your pearls and hoping for change.

by Anonymousreply 16602/06/2013

[quote]Your freedom to be gay (not constitutional)

So what does the right to pursue happiness mean to you?

[quote]trumps his right to religion?

Please cite whatever passages there are in the Bible that command followers who own a business to discriminate against others.

by Anonymousreply 16702/06/2013

Aaron, get off the DL and answer your phone! I need your cack.

by Anonymousreply 16802/06/2013

No. ONLY "marriage," in this country, gives the legal and financial rights that we deserve as tax-paying citizens.

Domestic partnerships = separate but not equal.

You are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 17002/06/2013

Thank you R170

by Anonymousreply 17202/06/2013

R171 What if your partner was a non-US citizen? What then you ignorant fuck.

by Anonymousreply 17302/06/2013

[quote] Wrong. Tax only. My partner can inherit all of the money I have. Write a decent will you cheap fuck

Just wait until some homo-hater in your partner's family challenges that will and finds a judge sympathetic to their cause. You stupid fuck.

by Anonymousreply 17402/06/2013

Why are we not surprised that the troll here is also on another thread defending the Oregon Bakery Owner, calling people names, displaying ignorance about the law and of course, completely misunderstanding what others have written so to fuel her drama queen meltdown?

by Anonymousreply 17502/06/2013

Oh, and R171? your partner will "inherit" your money and be taxed to death on it. Unlike legally married couples who are not.

by Anonymousreply 17602/06/2013

R173 1 - I dont for one second believe this old coot has a partner.

2 - Yes, I said old coot. Who under the age of 70 still calls gay people fairies?

by Anonymousreply 17802/06/2013

My god r171 needs meds.

by Anonymousreply 18002/06/2013

Does the surviving gay get his or her partner's pension?

by Anonymousreply 18102/06/2013

[quote]Your freedom to be gay (not constitutional) trumps his right to religion?

He needs to tell us which Bible passage orders him not to bake cakes for gay couples before we believe we're interfering with his "right to religion."

by Anonymousreply 18202/06/2013

R177 Fuck off Troll.

by Anonymousreply 18302/06/2013

Good bye?

Is that a promise, gay "card-carrying republican" short-sighted moron?

by Anonymousreply 18502/06/2013

[quote]Good bye

TRANSLATION: I cant do this much longer. These damn kids keep using facts to make me look bad. Even worse, they ask me questions that they know I could never answer. What can I do? Calling them names isn't working. Taking what they say and twisting it into some completely different meaning doesn't seem to help either. Whats a god fearing, red blooded American with deep rooted regressive tendencies and a fear of anything different to do? I know! Cut and run!

by Anonymousreply 18602/06/2013

[quote]Marriage is a christian institution and not a legal institution.

HOLY SHIT. That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever read, and I once read Less Than Zero.

by Anonymousreply 18702/06/2013

The trolls are out in force on this thread. Only Republicans would be small minded enough to concentrate on one thing: What happens to the money when I die?

by Anonymousreply 18802/06/2013

R184, this is not the site for you. Do feel free, though, to post your bile at, or Stormfront.

Also, please die. KTHX!

by Anonymousreply 18902/06/2013

Wrong 171. There are huge spousal privileges in the legal marriage contract.

by Anonymousreply 19002/06/2013

Is R184 having a psychotic break?

If marriage is Christian, what does that mean for all of the married non-Christians in the world?

by Anonymousreply 19102/06/2013

R184 is so wrong on so many points. Completely cracked logic.

by Anonymousreply 19202/06/2013

R191 Never mind the fact that marriage predates Christianity by several thousand years.

by Anonymousreply 19302/06/2013

It's been years since I've studied anthropology, but I thought marriage came about as a result of the technology that allowed people to plant crops, which led to land ownership. It was about having heirs to whom the land owner could leave his land, and had nothing to do with any religious connotation.

I apologize for what is likely to be an extremely simplistic version, but my point is about the lack of religious significance of marriage.

by Anonymousreply 19402/06/2013

R184 is the gun-abortion phreak.

by Anonymousreply 19502/06/2013

[quote]Marriage is a christian institution and not a legal institution.

Oh my. The ignorance of this is astounding. What about married Buddhist, Muslims, Shintos, Jews, etc., etc., etc.? It's also a legal contract you dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 19602/06/2013

Don't forget atheist marriages!

by Anonymousreply 19702/06/2013

R158 If you actually believe that sexual orientation doesn't trump someone's choice (a *real* choice) of religion, then you are as dumb as you sound.

by Anonymousreply 19802/06/2013

No doubt.

by Anonymousreply 19902/06/2013

[quote]To the douche who said "His shop. He can do what he wants" - lets say he puts up a "No Niggers" sign in his bakery - that OK? His shop. Can do what he wants.

Wow, are you psychic? How did you know he likes to use the N word?

by Anonymousreply 20002/08/2013

Because he DID use it. On his Facebook. Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 20102/08/2013

smug ass

by Anonymousreply 20202/11/2013

I think the baker pings. Bigtime.

by Anonymousreply 20302/11/2013

R22 makes a great point.

Hopefully there will be a lawsuit brought against Aaron Klein and his business. It is discrimination.

And anyone who is espousing the same "beliefs" as Klein should not be owning a business when a business, to begin with, is open to providing service to the public.

by Anonymousreply 20402/11/2013

[quote]Not only is the owner a homophobe, he's racist too. This is what he posted on the bakery's Facebook page in response to all the negative posts:

"Fuck the Niggers, Spics, whores, sodimites, fat bitches, ugly cunts, hypocritical hoes and overweight hippos on our feed. We try so hard to bake cakes and all you ungrateful bullies hate on me and my beautiful family after these articles were written, shame on you! If you don't like our busineess then don't stop by! More cake for our fellow Christians!"

That cannot be true...can it? Where is the outrage over this? And to think this couple is on the news grinning ear-to-ear with all the support & business they've been gained as a result of this.

by Anonymousreply 20502/12/2013

I don't believe those reports. HE says business has skyrocketed and he made sure he had his friends there when the media showed up, but link to his spreadsheet and see what REALLY is their bottom line....

by Anonymousreply 20702/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 20802/12/2013

Hopefully his store is empty because he's being evicted.

by Anonymousreply 20902/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 21002/12/2013

Four what?

by Anonymousreply 21102/12/2013

I called and played some heavy grunting gay porn for Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 21202/12/2013

by Anonymousreply 21302/13/2013

Little Edie,if you've been drinking,I AM NOT dealing with you!

by Anonymousreply 21402/13/2013

Up until the late eighties,Barney's Beanery on Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood,had a, NO FAGS! Sign on the front door! I used to walk by there on my way to work at the "Hamlet",on Sunset.

by Anonymousreply 21502/13/2013

by Anonymousreply 21602/16/2013

Why is he living in Portland if he hates gays? Isn't Portland a very liberal place with hippie types?

by Anonymousreply 21702/16/2013

What do we think of the decor?

by Anonymousreply 21802/16/2013

I'll never understand why these religious based bigots thrust their beliefs on the world. They are sick, demented demigods who, according to their own book of tales, will burn in hell for playing as their own judgmental god.

by Anonymousreply 21902/16/2013

[quote]Why is he living in Portland if he hates gays? Isn't Portland a very liberal place with hippie types?

Gresham is pretty trashy.

by Anonymousreply 22002/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 22102/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!