Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Former Seal and American Sniper author Chris Kyle SHOT DEAD!

Chris Kyle was a United States Navy SEAL and the self-proclaimed "most lethal sniper in American military history," with 160 confirmed kills (out of 255 claimed kills) although these statistics have not yet been released by the Pentagon.

Kyle was killed on February 2, 2013, at the Rough Creek Lodge shooting range in Erath County, Texas. Local police captured the suspect Eddie Ray Routh, after a short freeway chase, which ended when Routh, who had left the scene of the shootings in Kyle's Ford F-350 truck, crashed into a police cruiser. The suspect was arrested just before 9:00 p.m. the same day in Lancaster, Texas. Erath County Sheriffs said the motive for the killing was unclear.

Police arrested Eddie Ray Routh, 25, of Lancaster and he was arraigned Saturday evening on two counts of capital murder, according to Sgt. Lonny Haschel of the Texas Department of Public Safety. Routh is being held in the Erath County Jail under a $3 million bond. A friend of Kyle said the suspect was a veteran struggling with PTSD. Kyle had reportedly taken Routh to the gun range in an effort to help him with his PTSD. Authorities say Routh used a semi-automatic handgun to kill Kyle and his friend.

by Anonymousreply 4201/22/2015

If only he had a gun to defend himself.

by Anonymousreply 102/04/2013

R1 he did have a gun

by Anonymousreply 202/04/2013

Sniper with a gun at a gun range couldn't defend himself, but I'm sure the average American with a gun could've taken him out.

NRA idiots.

by Anonymousreply 302/04/2013

R2 = Rose Nylund

by Anonymousreply 402/04/2013

He was super hot.

by Anonymousreply 502/04/2013

[R2] Have people stopped telling you jokes because you don't "get them?"

by Anonymousreply 602/04/2013

I just connected that this is the guy Bradley Cooper portrays in "American Sniper." Wasn't there some recent revelation about him that made him seem less than honorable? Besides that he was a trained killer.

by Anonymousreply 701/19/2015

In his book he made up some stories about attacking former Gov Jessie Ventura for comments he made. Jesse Ventura took him to court stating he never met Kyle no was he punched by him; Jesse won. I also thought that his kill record was under scrutiny as well.

by Anonymousreply 801/19/2015

We don't care. A movie about an AMERICAN white male killing damn muslims is what we wanna see right now.

by Anonymousreply 901/19/2015

Yeah R8. He supposedly killed 30 looters in New Orleans after Katrina. I do not know if there is any evidence pointing to truth or lies on that one. I would think that would be a hard statement to prove, but easy to disprove.

by Anonymousreply 1001/19/2015

Whoever bumped this thread, thank you. R2 is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 1101/19/2015

And even if it's true (it isn't, he lied, just like he lied about the robbery at the gas station), where is the pride in shooting American looters? Oh, that's right, they were black. I forgot.

by Anonymousreply 1201/19/2015

It was a pretty fitting way for Mr. Kyle to go, all things considered.

by Anonymousreply 1301/19/2015

It really does make one question if Karma is real, r13.

by Anonymousreply 1401/19/2015

r13, it's a fucking shame that this guy was positioning himself as some kind of mental health professional who could help these guys.

Supposedly, he was 'working' with his killer to help him with PTSD after his deployment.

Another soldier could be helpful with resources and as a sounding board, but they need professional help.

I'm not a fan of the military's male, white, Christian culture; however, if you're going to send these guys over, you owe it to them to support them Stateside.

by Anonymousreply 1501/19/2015

Jesse not only sued Kyle but is now vigorously going after the widow.

by Anonymousreply 1601/19/2015

R16 good. Hope he takes her to the cleaners. And I can't stand Jesse.

by Anonymousreply 1701/19/2015

So sad, too bad.

by Anonymousreply 1801/19/2015

[quote] Supposedly, he was 'working' with his killer to help him with PTSD after his deployment.

"Working with," also known as fucking.

DL relationship gone bad.

by Anonymousreply 1901/19/2015

No -- the guy wanted Chris's truck.

by Anonymousreply 2001/19/2015

The fact Kyle drove an Ford F350 proves he was a total douche. No one needs that behemoth for basic transportation, i.e. driving to a shooting range, except micro-penised persons.

by Anonymousreply 2101/19/2015

White male Christian rednecks in Texas love those big trucks.

But why would a trip to the gun range help someone w PTSD?

by Anonymousreply 2201/19/2015

Nothin' like firin' off a couple rounds with a big ole gun to get you over whatever's makin' you feel small, if you know what I mean, r22.

Nothin' a gun can't cure, one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 2301/20/2015

They got him all right. Silenced him. You better believe it. He was shut up.

by Anonymousreply 2401/20/2015

The movie's making him out to be an all-American hero. Way, way more going on there. I'd say karma bit him big-time in the ass. Sad story. Disturbed man who in excelled in the midst of the atrocity of war.

by Anonymousreply 2501/20/2015

R7 there was a very good piece in the New Yorker about Kyle's many tall tales.

Haven't seen the movie -- does Eastwood deal with this at all? The New Yorker article suggests that after coming back from the war he needed to continue to be the dangerous man doing an heroic job, and when that wasn't happening naturally, he just made stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 2601/20/2015

by Anonymousreply 2701/20/2015

[quote] Kyle had reportedly taken Routh to the gun range in an effort to help him with his PTSD.

He wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, was he?

by Anonymousreply 2801/20/2015

I had to read the story to confirm this wasn't the guy who got his head blown off by the 9 year old girl with the Uzi.

THAT would have been an apt demise.

by Anonymousreply 2901/20/2015

What guy was that, r29?

by Anonymousreply 3001/20/2015

The movie has made over $100 million dollars. There's a war going on out there, and people are really loving this movie.

We have a winner for Best Picture of the Year!

by Anonymousreply 3101/20/2015

I watched this last night (screener so I didn't pay). It was terrible. Right wing propaganda at its finest.

by Anonymousreply 3201/20/2015

Taking a guy with severe PTSD to a shooting range = Darwinism at work. I mean, how stupid can someone be?

by Anonymousreply 3301/20/2015

Ok- I just watched it and seriously don't get the hate. Tells the story of a solid soldier who has a black and white worldview- he happens to be pretty conservative. I don't know- I thought it was ok...

by Anonymousreply 3401/20/2015

What exactly do you naive little girls think Seals and Snipers do?

by Anonymousreply 3501/20/2015

Yeah, I'm glad he had a gun, otherwise he would have been...nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 3601/20/2015

In my experience, the guys that brag the most usually have little to brag about.

Most of those guys keep pretty quiet about shit they've done/seen and for good reason. This guy looks like he was an attention whore.

It's possible someone "shut him up". Smart man doesn't run his jibs about that shit. Unless it's to his therapist or his buddies.

by Anonymousreply 3701/20/2015

", I wanna come home!"

", what's the matter?"

"I wanna come home,"

by Anonymousreply 3801/20/2015

This is weird...

The mystery of American Sniper's plastic babies

by Anonymousreply 3901/20/2015

Thanks for link, r27. I was riveted by how Routh was apprehended. An armed man known to have PTSD and being prone to violence, and suspected of a brutal double murder but police just saunter up to his truck and start having a conversation with him. Long enough for him to put car in drive and lead them on a chase. And he is later apprehended...ALIVE!

This in the same country where a black 12 year old is gunned down by police on a playground for holding a toy gun.

by Anonymousreply 4001/20/2015

Should the man who killed him get an award? Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 4101/22/2015

If Kyle's killer had been black, he would have been killed on the spot or right in his car. Cops, they revolt me.

by Anonymousreply 4201/22/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!